[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMP eTrHNX1U BOTNET O T N E T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMPeTrHNX1U

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>54264455
>update now || update later

nice choice microsoft
>>
>>54264541
If you had glasses you'd see the 'X' button.
>>
100% their fault. the machine should already be connected to a domain which means it takes 5 seconds to push out a GPO that prevent that from happening. if it isnt a domain someone should be fired

and THEN if it is a domain they should be using wsus anyways
>>
>>54264564
implying average retard who uses windows wont just press on of the 2 bigger buttons
>>
>>54264595
Its a local news station

You cant expect them to be competent
>>
Can someone explain to me why you need windows to watch a movie file? Or whatever is being projected onto the green screen.
>>
>>54264659
look up what a chroma key is and then never speak of it again
>>
>>54264659

it's not a movie, it's software
>>
File: 1456616931245.jpg (26 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
1456616931245.jpg
26 KB, 300x419
>>54264455
CUCCKED
AGAIN
WINCUCCK
>>
>>54264564
If you had a brain you'd know is the same as 'update later'.
>>
>>54264595
That particular computer stays in a sterile zone and off networks precisely because things like displayed would happen if people started printing to it, linking network shares, using it as their work computer and installing gentoo etc.
>>
>>54267952
>off networks
>windows 10 update prompts

Yeah no.
>>
>>54268134
If they were doing their job its off network. Quite possible its been updated, moved back, and then the GWX decided to make appearance. This is a fucked situation for IT.
>>
>>54268134
I get Android update prompts when my phone is in aeroplane mode
>>
'Excuse me, do you have a moment to to talk about our lord and saviour Windows 10?'
Kek'd when i read that
>>
>>54268249

Enjoy your proprietary hardware, retard.
>>
>>54268424
You have a foss phone?
>>
Seems like they have a home licence or something?

My Windows™ 7™ Enterprise™ machine doesnt bug me with fucking W10 "updates". It's a friggin machine for work, why would I want W10 for that?

What it does, however, and which is among the things why I hate it, and why I do not understand how the fuck windows got that popular in "enterprise" is all that fucking

>Hi there, I know it's monday morning, and you just started working like 15 minutes ago, but I got me some updates, so would you please reboot me?
>Oh, BTW, that boot is going to take at least 15 minutes, because I got me some updates, so I am going to none-of-your-business for about 15 minutes, till you can go back to work
>Yes, I see that you are doing an important powerpoint presentation, but informing you about a Java update is more important!
>Yes, I am aware that you have about 4 free gigabytes of RAM left, but you know what? That office window you haven used for 5 minutes? Yes, I am going to cache that to the HDD. Nothing better than waiting for a fucking minute with all those nice HDD noises, when you want to go back to work…

FUCK
THAT
SHIT
>>
>>54264595
>/g/: linux sucks needs too much config
>/g/: lol learn to configure windows
>>
>start up computer running win7
>prompt pops up asking when I would like to schedule my Windows 10 Update!!!! F R E E
>options are "update now" "schedule for tomorrow" and in small tiny text "update never"
>hit never

>later on brother gets online at 1am
>he left to go to the store and while he was gone windows automatically updated to 10

I like Windows but this shit is ridiculous. Literally any other software pushing F R E E "upgrades" like this is a virus, but not if its from Microsoft!

It started off as you get to reserve a free copy to hey we're gonna update your computer unless you regedit some shit, remove an update, or download shit to stop us. Don't worry though, it's free!!!
>>
Kinda funny I admit but you can't run a TV station needing proper graphics and usability off of Linux though can you.
>>
>>54264455
I have 2 SSDs
I have win 7 on the first one and the other one is just a storage drive.

I formatted the storage drive and installed windows 7, did the Daz loader then an upgrade.
Windows 10 activated

I did a clean install of 10, which should auto activate but it said I had a bad key.

I go back to my windows 7 install, and suddenly my Daz loader key is not genuine on my fucking second hard drive which had nothing to do with the windows 10 install.

Thats pretty fucky
>>
>>54268926
>why would I want W10 for that?
I don't think Microsoft cares if you want 10, it needs you to have 10 installed for bragging rights (also called "marketing").
>>
>>54268424

I have a Nokia 101. For calls and sms.
>>
>>54269073
i do this:
Download latest enterprise w10 iso.
Put it on usb stick.
Install windows 10 without activation - update, install all software bla bla crack it bla bla - update.
Then stay like this for days with nothing bad happening and when I finally feel like activating I simply go to official thread - I download KMspico - install it - hit one blue button, close it - windows 10 100% activated no problems ever since release.

But again tweak group policies - disable KMS service and you will be able to use windows 10 without even activating for as long as you want, this is what I mostly do.

I also reinstall windows once every 1 - 2 months so I don't really care about activation.
>>
>local news
>>
>>54264455
Time to put ol Weather Grandma to pasture.
>>
This is what happens when you just install updates blindly. When people were first complaining about the pop-up ads for Windows 10 I had no idea what they were talking about since I'd never seen them. Turns out an optional update to 'prepare Windows 7 for future upgrade' was behind it - an update I'd read the description for and then hidden from my update list as a result.

It's the same with the update that checked if the copy of Windows you're using is genuine and locked you out if it wasn't - people only have themselves to blame for installing shit like that.
>>
>>54264616
Jordan buddy is that you?

I only see your name once every few months.
>>
>>54269043
For what reason?
>>
does 0&0 shutup work well against spying win10?
>>
>>54264611

I bet they're also happy though.
>>
>>54268557
my openmoko is still sitting around somewhere
>>
File: GET WINDOWS.webm (644 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
GET WINDOWS.webm
644 KB, 720x404
here's a gif
>>
>>54264455
kek. they did not disable updates, pleabeans
>>
>>54264595

>100% their fault. the machine should already be connected to a domain which means it takes 5 seconds to push out a GPO

Most Win "sysadmins" dont know about GPO
>>
>>54264455
HEY GOYM WE SHOULD UPGRADE OUR PROPRIETARY OS

REALLY THE WEATHER SAYS TO UPGRADE GOYM

WE SHOULD DO IT

GOYM
>>
>>54274405
lol I get it, if they use windows they are dumb

f*cking epic XD
>>
>>54264611
it's gotten to the point where linux faggots have gotten so desperate to shittalk windows that they have to make false presumptions :^)
>>
>>54264659
Because the Certified Microsoft pajeets the CTO hired only know Windows.
>>
>>54264455
she handled it like a boss though
>>
File: 4L_RA6EYQCG.jpg (104 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_RA6EYQCG.jpg
104 KB, 540x720
>>54264455
Should have installed gentoo
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.