[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you program a programming program?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 435x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 435x432
How do you program a programming program?
>>
>>54254860
Go back
>>>/b/
>>
>>54254860
With a program programming program.
>>
>>54254911
A programming program programmer is fine too.
>>
Always wondered this too
>>
Very carefully
>>
>what are compilers
>>
>>54254986
How do you write the compliers. Serious
>>
>>54255012

With another compiler
>>
yacc and lex
>>
>>54255012
ASM
>>
>>54255087
Wat? Are from 20th century?
>>
>>54254860
Lisp, obviously
>>
>>54254911
But then how would you program a program programming program?
>>
>>54255166
Programmatically, of course.
>>
>>54254860
I think the idea would be to have a program the searches a database of ready made functions and then peices them together to make the program you want.

It would need some sort of word or phrase search capability to search the function db and return the correct functions.
>>
>>54255012
All of computing is built om a backbone. Every computer has it's software roots in the earliest of computers, Nothing has been done "from scratch" since the 40s. All programs have their root in other programs, all the way back until wire switching and switch flipping with dozens of people running a room sized computer was the normal way of programming.
>>
>>54255012
You can kind of pull yourself up by your bootstraps, say you wanted to write the world's first C compiler, you could write a very basic compiler in assembly, then write another better compiler in C, use the basic assembly compiler to compile the C one, which you can then use to compile successive versions of itself.
>>
>>54254860
Lisp macros?
>>
>>54255214
>I think the idea would be to have a program the searches a database of ready made functions and then peices them together to make the program you want.

There is Pajeet for that
>>
>>54255067
yacc and lex are also written in C

>>54255087
>>54255096
>ASM
you still have to compile assembly to machine code you doofus

so the actual process for a language like C is
>create machine code on processor
>write a routine in machine code in your memory that interprets a shitty made up language like assembly as machine code
>then use that newly made up language (because it's easier than writing it in machine code directly) to write a program to reinterpret another fantasy language like C as machine code (or first assembly and then machine code)
after that you can use that to write an easier to understand compiler with the same rules for reinterpreting badly written fizzbuzzes in C itself
>>
>>54254878
i'm getting real tired of your shit, nigger.
you're the first fag to respond to any thread and it's always
go back to
>>>/some other thread/
90% you are wrong. and the OP's subject is properly placed.
you are worse than the sage burning that was going on a couple years ago.
gtfo, kys, eat shit and fuck your mum.
>>
>>54257234
wow you sound mad
back to >>>/b/
stop posting and lurk moar
>>
>>54255229
This.
>>
>>54255166
Obviously with a program programming program programming program
>are you stupid or something
>>
File: yo dawg.jpg (175 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
yo dawg.jpg
175 KB, 1600x900
>>54254860
I heard you liked programming programming programs...
>>
>>54255229
OP here, this is the best and closest thing to the answer I was looking for, thanks m8
>>
>>54257234
Wut?
> OP's subject is properly placed.
Are you a fucking retard? OP didn't make the thread to genuinely discuss how to make text editor or a compiler. OP's post was some /b/ tier bull crap.
Also get the fuck out, newfag
>>>/b/
>>
>>54254860
In assembly.
>>
>>54254860
With an application app
>>
>>54259881
>text editors are "programming programs"
>>
>>54254860
E M A C S

M

A

C

S
>>
>>54254860
There rules apple regardless of whether you are male or female.

1. Whip your dick your.
2. Fuck your mother with it.
3. Cum inside
4. Wait 9 months
5. Teach the bebe to program.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.