[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is every tech company being taken over by Indians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 20
File: fedora21_group_photo.jpg (116 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
fedora21_group_photo.jpg
116 KB, 640x427
Why is every tech company being taken over by Indians?
>>
>>54247607
Indians are willing to work for cheap (at or near minimum wage). H1B visas ensure that they won't ask for a raise, and won't try to work at other companies.
>>
Writing Hindi is like writing code so they already have a natural advantage over non Hindi speakers
>>
>>54247665

Protip: they don't get minimum wage
>>
>>54247697
https://swizec.github.io/h1b-software-salaries/#*-*-*

Doesn't refute what you say, but a full third of them make somewhere between 15/hr and 74k/yr (35/hr).
>>
Their country is a shit hole with a lower standard of living so Western companies can pay them less money.

Indians like tech and are moderately ok at it.
>>
>>54247759
35/hr presumes they only work 40 hours per week
>Protip: They don't. The ususally work 60+ hours per week.
>>
File: ish-sookun-infotech-2015.jpg (142 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
ish-sookun-infotech-2015.jpg
142 KB, 1024x614
>>
File: dsc00068_800x6001.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dsc00068_800x6001.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
Free Software made it possible
>>
File: 1461332778828.jpg (124 KB, 900x771) Image search: [Google]
1461332778828.jpg
124 KB, 900x771
we're really not, we're like 1% of the US population and 10-15% of the tech workers in the US.

Indians disproportionately go into STEM / med because getting a tech degree and job at a tech company is basically the most straightforward road achieve respectable social and economic standing in the community, and it happens to be interesting to boot.

also because the Indian community in the US doesn't have the same demographics as other communities; there are fewer women and children and disproportionately H1Bs so a disproportionate number are in the workplace in the first place.

either way we've not "taken over". And as India develops, there will be more workers competing for positions but wages will rise simultaneously to offset this to some degree. In the long term it's just going to be more people producing and consuming so everyone will gain something in the end. There will probably be some growing pains in the interim.

There would be growing pains anyway because companies are always going to look for ways to downsize, whether that means replacing workers with automation technology or systematizing everything to bring in cheap labor.

Downsizing workforce is one growing pain, another is that a lot of these workers are from really backward communities and are the first to "break the mould" but bring some of that culture with them, so they're not always a pleasure to work with.

Regardless if you've the skills you're probably better off and ultimately happier pursuing self-employment.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 431x1124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 431x1124
>>54247607
>want to switch fromTWC to FiOS
>it's owned by some no-name company "frontier" now
FUCKING
INDIIIAAAAAANNSSS
>>
>>54248033
Are you really Indian? How do you feel about your race being a meme?
>>
pajeet has nothing else to do apart from defecating in the streets, leaving ample time to learn java and since he doesn't need plumbing in his house, he doesn't need a huge wage

pay someone peanuts, etc
>>
File: 800full-alyssah-ali.jpg (137 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
800full-alyssah-ali.jpg
137 KB, 800x1000
>>54248047

Laughing all the way to the bank
>>
>>54248149
>all the way to the bank
Make sure to stop for a poo along the way.
>>
>>54247607
Less money spent on bathrooms and supplies
>>
>>54248033

No...you disproportionately go into STEM/ med because Affirmative Action makes it easier for you guys to get in than any other race except for a few other races, who tend to not make it that far in education, raising support for Affirmative Action, which only indians benefit from.

From personal experience, I've interviewed to 3-4 tech companies in Silicon Valley, start ups tend to have less Indians, while deeply rooted tech giants were cubicles full of them... can you explain this discrepancy??
>>
>>54248312
Is this sarcasm? You literally have it backwards. Asians, including Indians, are screwed the most by affirmative action.

>start ups tend to have less Indians
startups usually cannot sponsor h-1b visas.
>>
File: MedSchool.jpg (226 KB, 1286x384) Image search: [Google]
MedSchool.jpg
226 KB, 1286x384
>>54248468
relevant image
>>
>>54248468
>Indians
>Asian

is THIS sarcasm? Or do you not know what race is based on? Have you even filled up a census form in the US?
>>
>>54247841
Why is the "Pajeet" meme related to Windows when 99.99% of all Linux software is written and uploaded by Indians?
>>
>>54248558
Are you confusing Indians with Native Americans you idiot?
>>
>>54248149
>last name Ali
She's Paki so I don't think she really counts as an example.
>>
i worked with an indian h1b dude. no doubt he was being underpaid by our standards, but back home with his family, he had a mansion and was really well off by their standards
>>
File: 53242342152.jpg (138 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
53242342152.jpg
138 KB, 800x448
>>54248583

Calling people an idiot while he doesn't even know what race he belongs to... I don't blame you, sociology is stupid, we are in /g/ after all

Why do you think Indians got linked with terrorism and not other asians?
protip: Race is classified by skin color

Attached is race distinction from 1920. We became PC and created something called "Ethnicity" after that, but AA and all other archaic laws on Race is still based on this concept of Race

the more you know kiddo
>>
>>54248700
I'm aware of this, but I'm talking about how the US census/Affirmative Action classifies race. And they classify Indians as Asian.
>>
File: 1-18.png (169 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1-18.png
169 KB, 640x480
80% the ability at 40% the cost.
>>
Because Indians are technological Mexicans.
>>
>>54248149
notits/10
>>
>>54248813
kek'd irl

wena nido
>>
I don't know, but I think we should make 20 more threads a day on the topic. maybe 30. perhaps 40. then we will find out
>>
Trump
Xd
>>
File: 4131231241.jpg (87 KB, 794x406) Image search: [Google]
4131231241.jpg
87 KB, 794x406
>>54248755

Except you guys aren't....

Man, wish I still had access to an area census metrics to actually show. You'll just have to take my word for this...

Here's the form.... see pic

-Chinese, Japanese, Korean are classified as Oriental Asians (The generic Asian)

-The rest get group sans Indian Asian are grouped to South East Asians

-Indians gets grouped to South Asians

You said it yourself, India is a developing country, Affirmative Action takes country of origin into account and gives the people there the "let's help your race become better" pass

South East and South Asians are helped by Affirmative Action, Orientals suffer from it. Which is why you see so many Filipino nurses and Indian engineers (cultural push as well of course)
>>
>>54248558

ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB? INDIANS ARE ASIAN AND ARE COUNTED AS ASIAN
>>
File: CggZp4WUMAA9Js4.jpg (68 KB, 600x894) Image search: [Google]
CggZp4WUMAA9Js4.jpg
68 KB, 600x894
>>54248907

Protip; That's not how it works when applying to Universities Tod. It's also not how tech companies count us. We are ASIAN.
>>
>>54248921
If they keep this up they will... I can't tell the fucking future, but there was a time when Irish people weren't considered white...

But I'm pretty convinced they are going for a cultural victory at this point, at the rate they are breeding and raping
>>
>>54248907
why is there differentiation between chinise, japanese, korean and vietnamese, but only 1 white? i mean there's a difference between a greek and a scandinavian
>>
>>54248907
>South East and South Asians are helped by Affirmative Action, Orientals suffer from it. Which is why you see so many Filipino nurses and Indian engineers (cultural push as well of course)

can you give me a source on this?

I don't disagree but when it comes to demographic questions on applications I rarely if ever see the "Asian Indian" category.

In the US I've always seen non-latino caucasian, latin american, black, asian as the 4 categories typically given on applications.

Even census stats are always broken down into these categories; they aren't meant to represent biological race but simply communities with similar socioeconomic dynamics.

In the UK to my knowledge all typically grouped into a single "Asian" denomination.
>>
Here is complete report on Google's employee demographics based in the US (gender, ethnicity) 2014.
>>
Apple's US employees are 55% white, 15% Asian, 11% Hispanic, 7% Black, 2% as two or more races, 1% other, and 9% undeclared.
>>
Facebook US ethnic data
>>
File: apple indian engineers.jpg (70 KB, 748x429) Image search: [Google]
apple indian engineers.jpg
70 KB, 748x429
>>54248999
>>
File: z3.gif (10 KB, 597x479) Image search: [Google]
z3.gif
10 KB, 597x479
>>54248959

technically Asia isn't even a thing, the continent is Eurasia but Europeans didn't wanna be friends for some reason.

although India lies on its own continental plate, was once part of Gondwanaland. Everyone else is Laurentian.
>>
File: apple stats.jpg (93 KB, 1266x1208) Image search: [Google]
apple stats.jpg
93 KB, 1266x1208
Latest Apple stats
>>
>>54249041

Irrelevant to what's being discussed here.
>>
>>54247607
Not take over my friend. Only to making helpful and friendship of your country. Very very good deal for you. You are going to seem happy and have very much sons to be thanking for.
>>
POO IN CODE
>>
Indians are told by their parents to do STEM degrees only
>>
>>54247607
cheap codemonkey workforce
>>
>>54248952
US was in a left wing white hating swing in 2010

>>54248959
Already tried to, but ethnic studies is a slowly dying field (thank god in all honesty), there was a protest around San Francisco earlier this year about San Fransisco State University wanting to close down the few remaining schools of ethnicity.

The form you're citing is a generic Ethnicity one (not Race) for diversity purposes, unless you are black or hispanic, that field does nothing. Since those are the 2 main groups being targeted by AA. Notice the lack of middle eastern in forms such as those...

Most of it is subconscious categorization, because no one would admit they are racist, despite it being proven we are all racist inside, just not as verbal or acting on it.

To get a concept of it, you really have to look at socio-geographical perspectives. So again I ask, if you are part of the "Asian" Race, why did Indians get grouped with terrorists and not the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans?
>>
>>54249090
S U P E R P O O W E R
>>
>>54249131
>cheap

No
>>
>>54249179
when you compare them to a worker from the first world that has standards they are relatively cheap
>>
>>54248946
Even if Irish weren't considered white there was no doubt they were European. It's the same with Pajeets. India is part of Asia therefore Indians are Asians.
>>
>>54249142
>So again I ask, if you are part of the "Asian" Race, why did Indians get grouped with terrorists and not the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans?

I'm not saying all Indians are more closely related to East Asians than other folks (in a genetic sense), I'm just pointing out there doesn't appear to be any explicit mechanism by which AA discrimination can influence hiring of Indian candidates either way.

I haven't noticed employers asking, then again that's just my anecdote, I live in Boston, MA but maybe in some states they do, or maybe just in public sector jobs or osmthing. Or maybe they just guess when they see a name with more than x syllables or if it's an H1B employee from India.

Just my speculation, but if there was AA benefit to being Indian, even if you removed that, heck, even if you reversed it somewhat, I don't think it would impact hiring of H1B that much because that's mostly done to cut costs, and Indian Americans wouldn't stop aiming for STEM ethier.
>>
Indians in tech committed an unforgivable sin in the eyes of feminists and 4chan by being successful in the tech industry. And they did while coming from a poor third world country where they were worse off than any American man/woman.
>>
>>54249179
I interviewed a few people for a dev position at my company for last quarter. I got to ask the fun question of "what would be your targeted compensation rate?"

>Fresh college graduates: "50-70k"
>Experienced devs: "80-90k"
>Silicon Valley vets: "100-200k"
>(fucking hell dude, we aren't a bean bag, whiskey-wednesday venture capitalist funded company)
>Indians: "So long as I make enough to pay for my house, and put my kid into daycare I'm happy"

They are sweet and very caring....love em, best co-workers I have, always offering food. Only downside is their prowess is bit dated and they easily stressed...also the smell...

Back to your point, yes, they are cheap, it's a shame the industry prays on them...
(I'm the fucker that's arguing they aren't asian btw...just thought my opinion of indians should be heard, and my minor in asian american studies count for something, I don't wanna be a tripfag though)

fun question: did hearing my opinion of indians or degree in asian american studies change the way you interpreted my view?
>>
>>54248921
>dark skinned princess that supports the Electronic Frontier Foundation

Good God, my dick is so hard right now.
>>
>>54247607
Poo in it
>>
>>54247607
Because this picture was taken in India
>>
>>54247815
the same as their white, black, and asian counterparts.

Boss who demand unpaid overtime don't (usually) care what colour your skin is, you're just a worthless shit to them regardless.
>>
>>54248312
>Affirmative Action makes it easier for you guys to get in than any other race
No. If anything, it makes it harder.
>>
File: poo in the loo.jpg (92 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
poo in the loo.jpg
92 KB, 380x285
>>54247607
because each female indian can lay many eggs
>https://www.si.edu/Encyclopedia_SI/nmnh/buginfo/bugnos.htm
>>
H1B
>>
If Indians are taking over then why are all my open source projects on Github being stared and forked by Chinese and Hong Kong people. Also why are 99% of questions on Stackoverflow being asked by Indians. Obviously the Chinese are the true ones to fear.
>>
>>54247841
Name this picture
>>
>>54248033
Pajeesh, what's up with disgusting smell from your people? I have to deal with arabs and idians quite often and that smell is killing me. And I'm talking about complete poor-fags, I've met indians and arabs who dress and look fine, but still smell.
>>
There is no stopping PAJEET
>>
>>54256204
Infanticide will sort them out soon.
>>
>>54247607
In the 80s India thought the way to wealth was high tech and knowlege instead of old industry so they said FU to china for doing dirty industry and went to college to learn IT.

30 years later Pajeet, who got an h1b visa and emigrated to the USA leaving his country behind not helping it in any way is doing tech support for barely literate Americans earning below minimum wage while China has monopolized 60 % of all global industrial output.
>>
File: 55799553_p0.png (564 KB, 845x1197) Image search: [Google]
55799553_p0.png
564 KB, 845x1197
There a few things culturally that really bother me about Indians, like eating with their hands, wiping their asses with their hands, shitting in the street, eating everything with spices and curry, smelling due to this. They're not big on hygiene. The whole cast system thing and serial rapeing also bothers me. That aside, I don't have anything in particular against them, maybe that there's too fucking many of them?

They're actually one if the few emerging countries that's trying to achieve things for real, having a space program, being environment friendly, not bowing to the almighty money jew, educating a population, bringing sanitation etc. I'm sure it's not always easy bringing a billion people out of the dark ages into the 21st century but at least they're trying. They'll be a great civilization one day.

I'll take a 1000 Rashejs and Pajeets over a mudshit or african any day. At least they do actually work and have a brain.
>>
>>54247607
The average developer in India gets paid the equivalent of $5k-10k per YEAR. Even if they're absolutely shit, you can just keep throwing developers at the project till it works and it's still cheaper than developing it in the US. Also, there aren't good labour laws in India. You could hire someone today and fire someone tomorrow because they looked at you the wrong way and they can't do jack about it.
>>
>>54249274
See that's the thing. SJW tumblerinas say that white males are the most privileged group but that's not even true.

The top three richest ethnicities in the US are Indian, Chinese and Jewish (look it up for source). Also these three groups do better than the rest of the population on all measures of privilege such as parental income, education, parental separation, incarceration, etc.

Of course this is conveniently ignored because it goes against the narrative that white men are the reason why women and dindus suck at life.
>>
>>54256752
Fuck off Rajesh.
>>
>>54257206
He has a point. Poo in loos may not poo in loos but they don't act like niggers.
If you walk by one the worst that happens is they assault your nostrils, niggers will punch you in the head for no reason what so ever.
Feel safe in a nigger infested area?
>>
>>54248999
>they can't even keep gradients out of demographics reports
>>
>>54247607
indians have a lot of skills math
>>
>>54257284
>Feel safe in a nigger infested area?
Do you feel safe in the ghettos of Mumbai?

No, thought not, Rajesh.
>>
This
>>54248791

Then you use your own native employees as professors to compensate for the missing 20% of ability
>>
>>54260747
Do you feel safe in the ghettos of any city on Earth?

No, thought not, Jamal.
>>
>>54256092
C++ guy meets his online friends
>>
Because outsourcing it's the Indian new power
>>
>>54248149
That girl is LITERALLY one in a billion
>>
>>54248507
The future is black
>>
>>54249056
That's because all the management is white LOL
>>
>>54256188
Diet possibly?
>>
Trump 2016
>>
>>54247607
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2t1vx2

Watch this. No trust me. Just watch it. Take notice on 10:35 - it something is good its by accident - why do you think Intel try to get to people to change sandy bridge? This is what capitalism is - make it as cheap as possible, fast as possible as shit as possible so you can charge extra for new slightly less shitty product. The only reason tech companies did not have this problem was because there were not enough cheap and massive workforce in 10 or 20 years ago.
>>
>>54247607
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sxorh_powerpuff-girls-s04e06-knock-it-off_fun

Look at this. This is what capitalism is all for - make it cheap and fast and shitty so you can charge more for the new less shitty one. The only reason tech companies were save was because 2 reasons:
1)kind of niche field in the past
2)because it was niche it was not enough cheap and mass workforce.
>>
>>54247607
>Why is every tech company being taken over by Indians?
No cowboys to stop them
>>
>>54248921

Fuck meeee ... a fucking coolie from south africa on 4chan ... dont you have some mandrax to do ?
>>
Indians are like a virus to some degree - the moment one of them gets the ability to hire he or she will hire almost exclusively Indians. I think it's because they know their country is such a fucking shithole and they feel like they have to get as many people as possible out.
>>
>>54249303

Economic Freedom fighters ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Freedom_Fighters

Fucking south african sugar cane cutting coolies , they are the worst race in the country ... at least when i was around
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.