[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this company die? They made such good phones, why did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: CURVE-9350-9360-9370.png (525 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
CURVE-9350-9360-9370.png
525 KB, 800x799
Why did this company die?
They made such good phones, why did the people forget them?
>>
Same reason any other competing company dies. Someone came and did it better.
>>
they made phones for ppl who can afford loos
>>
No apps.

I'm still running a Z10 though because it does everything I need and it does it really well. Considering upgrading to the Priv but they've nerfed the hub which is a critical feature to me.
>>
>>54245712
So they stood in the past? That may be a good reason
>>
>>54245700
If they made a classic 2 with stock android and specs that arent fucking garbage I'd cop that in an instant
>>
Same reason nokia did
>>
Turns out normies prefer tacky childish botnet plastic
>>
>>54245700
because they did not have the capability to make a good business phone that would remain relevant in the market
>>
>>54246545
this
>>
No riding the smartphone wave when it first hit big was a huge mistake. They fell behind and then tried to do things to go against the current.
>>
The dual CEOs couldn't imagine a person who would want to do anything more than email on a handheld computer
>>
Because of the fedora meem.

Pic related: "I use BlackBerry".

All is memes,
>>
File: fedora2.jpg (271 KB, 815x1226) Image search: [Google]
fedora2.jpg
271 KB, 815x1226
>>54250181
Pic related.
>>
>>54250207
Did they put the one sane thing he wrote in to make fun of sane people or to make him look like not such a bad guy after all?

Oral sex is fucking nasty. It's like cheesy bedroom roleplay - you do it because your wife wants it and won't let you put it in if you don't
>>
>>54250235
It's from an old Tumblr called FedorasofOKC in which a batshit insane feminist made fun of poor people and those she disagreed with.
>>
>>54250252
Ah yes, not sucking on a urine and slime dispenser is shameful if you're a man and progressive if you're a woman, according to a woman, got it.
>>
>>54245712
Who did better shit than blackberry though ?
>>
>>54250317
Apple. Apple truly innovated with the iPhone because it had apps and like an iPod built in. ShitBerry couldn't do any of that so they died.
>>
>>54250290
As someone who both sucked cock and ate pussy I can tell you that sucking cock is a lot less worse. Woman complain for nothing yet again
>>
File: BBPassport.jpg (49 KB, 770x578) Image search: [Google]
BBPassport.jpg
49 KB, 770x578
They didn't die, I still use my BlackBerry Passport daily, it is still the best phone you can buy... With that said, the apps may kill it even thought the native system and way they standardize apps is the best out of Android, Apple, and Windows...
>>
>>54250335
They didn't make something better, they made something different
>>
>>54250363
>and way they standardize apps
elaborate please

aka what do you mean by this?
>>
>Java OS

they deserved to die
>>
>>54250374
If the advent of the smartphones aren't better to you, go get an old blackberry. You don't need apps.
>>
File: muhnips.png (84 KB, 197x300) Image search: [Google]
muhnips.png
84 KB, 197x300
>>54250521
>to
designated
>>
File: 1450349782351.png (214 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1450349782351.png
214 KB, 400x462
>>54250533
>>
>>54245733
same here, using the P9982 (the Porsche Design version of the Z10), and it's the best phone i can imagine. I dont need to play games on it bec i have a PC, i dont need dating apps bec i have a girlfriend and i dont need snapchat or shit like this bec i have friends irl.
I have the same problem with the PRIV, plus i dont like the idea of using android.
>>
>>54246545
word
>>
>>54250335

apple just managed to have people spend way to much money on devices by ads and shit.
>>
i dont get all this need for useless apss
>>
here blackberry died because back when the market was just starting to expand even though the phones were the same price as Nokia's S60 high ends you needed to pay 350INR(back then ~7USD) a month for 2G/EDGE unlimited on every carrier while if you bought a symbian S60 which also had bigger 3rd party app selection it only cost 96INR(~2USD) a month for 2G/EDGE unlimited.

granted BBM was more than worth it for the extra price but not everyone cared for a stupid messaging app or its encryption outside of corporate people.

so blackberry was a status symbol more than an actual phone in India.
>>
>>54245700
BlackBerry's still making phones, anon.
>>
>>54250521
a blackberry is a smartphone you dumb nigger
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.