[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't forget to heat those used and "refurbished"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (2 KB, 145x68) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 KB, 145x68
Don't forget to heat those used and "refurbished" electronics!
>>
Kilns work best
>>
File: 9EV0xHH.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
9EV0xHH.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
Holy shit this is one of the biggest reasons I will NEVER buy a fucking used laptop. There was an anon crying about finding live bedbugs on his used chinkpad from ebay a few months ago. He probably already has an infestation by now. Poor fuck.
>>
I bought my T530 from a company that was upgrading. They said it never left the desk. I still took the thing apart and cleaned and replaced various things just in case.
>>
>>54246186
That was just fake copypasta. Just buy from certified refurbishers, not random dingbats, and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 11233.jpg (585 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
11233.jpg
585 KB, 1200x800
>used to buy all kinds of used electronics from craigslist
>got bed bugs in 2010
>lost everything in my old apartment, had to move back in with parents
>develop bed bug PTSD, won't let anything used inside the house for longer than a minute or two
>2016
>starting to buy used stuff again...
>>
>>54247936
Godspeed anon.
>>
Speaking of this, I got bedbugs from the shit apartment I moved into about a year ago. I'm hopefully of to grad school come August or so, but I have no idea how to go about de-infesting my desktop. Most other stuff I can just launder, burn, or heat treat (gonna get one of those heated boxes from Amazon), but my desktop is a full ATX so it won't fit, and I've got no idea what to do.
>>
>>54248433
remove all your parts and soak the shit in hot bleach water

if you have to do it outside in a kiddie pool so you can get in all the crevices

make sure its submerged entirely
>>
>>54248475
Maybe I'll just drink it instead. JFC I hate my life.
>>
>sister gets bed bugs
>they can get sexually transmitted
is she a slut?
>>
>>54248433
heat it to a +100F for a couple of hours
>>
>>54249293
With what though? Too big to fit in one of those heater boxes, besides the ones that cost like 1k+, and I'm sure as hell not gonna put it in my oven.
>>
>>54249238
>>sister gets bed bugs
>>they can get sexually transmitted
lolwtf no. Bedbugs can be transmitted by merely entering a room full of bedbugs. Starving bedbugs will become desperate and bite and hide in people's clothes even during the day. She could have easily gotten the infestation from visiting a friend/family member.

>is she a slut?
Probably not a question you should find the answer to. Though girls usually don't become sluts if they have a caring family who loves them. Maybe spend more time with her and make her feel like she isn't alone.
>>
>>54249314
Don't listen to that troll. Just buy DDVP strips (nuvan), place desktop inside sealed cardboard box and 1 strip in, and leave for week. Make the cardboard box as airtight as you can with duct tape, DDVP is an insect nerve toxin that can negatively affect humans.
>>
>>54249238
Yes, but not for that reason.
>>
>>54249393
>nuvan
Does that shit actually work? I've heard some people mention it, but everyone seems to say that bedbugs are basically immune to all pesticides by now.
>>
I opened my NES out of curiosity about a year ago.

Lots of dead spiders.

Makes me wonder what is lurking in everything else.
>>
>>54249319
>Though girls usually don't become sluts if they have a caring family who loves them
I'm inclined to believe this but I still want a [citation]. Got one?
>>
>>54249485
anon
there could be dead spiders inside you RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1427583007307.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
1427583007307.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>54249314
put in car trunk in sun for the dat
make sure car is under sun all day

if it's warm enough outside the car gets really fucking hot inside, especially the trunk where no air is circulating
>>
>>54249426
Yup, it's a nerve toxin that wrecks an insect's nervous system. In fact it works so well that it's a poison to us, long term exposure has made people a little sick (though hasn't killed anyone). It's a pesticide that no bedbug/insect has become resistant to afaik. However like I said it works so well that it's not safe around humans so make sure to duct tape them cardboard boxes good.
>>
>>54249567
Wouldn't it be easier to just use big-ass garbage bags?
>>
>>54246186
>There was an anon crying about finding live bedbugs on his used chinkpad from ebay a few months ago. He probably already has an infestation by now

How could any insect possibly live inside a laptop for that long?

Didn't you stop to question that concept? Insects don't live off electrons.
>>
>>54249541
you forgot about the part about living near the equator.
>>
>>54249426
DDVP will kill bedbugs but not instantly, if you put it need them they will run away from it. For it to be effective it has to be in an enclosed space like the box anon was talking about so the bugs can't escape.
>>
>>54249590
>>There was an anon crying about finding live bedbugs on his used chinkpad from ebay a few months ago. He probably already has an infestation by now
>How could any insect possibly live inside a laptop for that long?
>Didn't you stop to question that concept? Insects don't live off electrons.
Bedbugs can live without a blood meal for up to 1 year you tard.
>>
I bought a used T500
I didn't have to heat it because the CPU temp was already 100°F light use
>>
>>54249590
good point.
>>
>>54249590
They can live for like 18 months without food, and possibly several weeks in freezing temps. Bitches are hard to kill.

>>54249603
Yeah, that wouldn't work for me. I live in MA and the hottest it gets here in the summer is like 90.
>>
>>54249621
>>54249634

>Bed bugs can go without feeding for 20 to 400 days, depending on temperature and humidity. Older stages of nymphs can survive longer without feeding than younger ones, and adults have survived without food for more than 400 days in the laboratory at low temperatures.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the laptop had been stored in a refrigerator in China, shipped in a refrigerated unit, and sent via refrigerated unit to the guy's door.

Idiots.
>>
>>54249580
Boxes seem neater and can be stacked. Garbage bags would create more clutter and would have to be piled up like a heap of trash.

Either one will work though, the point is to seal in the toxic nerve agent the strips will continuously release and prevent bedbugs from escaping.
>>
>>54249655
Bags will work then I guess. I really just need it for my desktop, everything else should fit in this

http://www.amazon.com/ThermalStrike-Expedition-Bed-Heat-Treatment/dp/B004ZMS8P8
>>
>>54246972

am i missing something here
>>
>>54249685
>$140 for a cardboard box
>>
>>54249508
>>Though girls usually don't become sluts if they have a caring family who loves them
>I'm inclined to believe this but I still want a [citation]. Got one?
Nope but I'm sure psychologists will side with me. Children need loving families to develop healthy and stable minds.

I personally know of 2 girls who wound up being sluts and both lacked loving families. First girl was in HS who got in a fight with her dad because of him being strict and her wanting to be out late at night whenever she wanted to. The fight resulted in her dad beaten her up badly and CPS taking her to a foster family. Years later I find out she had been in gangs, was the city slut wherever she lived, and got impregnated by a nigger who she ran away from.

The other girl lived in a home with parents that always fought and a younger sister who pretty much never talked to her. She slept around and got impregnated by some old immigrant who found her on facebook.

Both of these girls were scared and lonely in their teen years and looked for ways to cope with those problems. Teens being teens they looked for love in the wrong places.

Anyway you make your sister feel like she has a brother who likes her and her company and she will most likely lead a good life. So if you give a shit about her maybe ask her to play some vydia with you or take her out to go eat at a fast food joint sometime. Just don't become too clingy, she's eventually gonna have to settle with some guy she'll fall in love with. Be prepared to let her go but still remain by her side when she needs her brother again.
>>
>>54249775
It's the cheapest one out there, and it beats spraying literally everything you own with insecticide.
>>
>come to /g/ to read about tech
>open up a thread about bugs in hardware
>learn how to be a better onii-chan

Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>54249794
>I'm sure psychologists will side with me
>now here's some irrelevant anecdotes which are obviously the entire basis of my opinion
cool
>>
>>54249959
Agree with those points but still, that last part sounds about right. Brb gonna buy my sister snacks
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.