[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking in using Linux tails Any advices, opinions...? Any of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 0014914tailslinuxtitle.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0014914tailslinuxtitle.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
Thinking in using Linux tails
Any advices, opinions...?
Any of you use it?
>>
>>54243248
don't
https://www.qubes-os.org/
>>
>>54243274
Don't.
use Whonix it's even better.
>>
>>54243274
>https://www.qubes-os.org/
SHILLING INTENSIFIES
>>
>>54243248

TAILs is stupid its just Tor browser bundle in a shitty desktop environment.

you cant even really modify the install once it' boots.

And finally if you think it has some special network configuration where all packets get routed through Tor that's wrong you'll notice if you open a normal web browser and check your IP.
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54243248
>Thinking in using
This doesn't make any sense, come back once you've gotten rid of that extra chromosome.
>>
>>54243248
Furries please go
>>
Can anyone provide any sources as to why TOR/TAILS is supposedly bugged?

Most of the arguments against it I've heard have been "using TAILS puts you on a watchlist and is suspicious", but surely using ANY anonymizing program is suspicious. I'd argue that because of its media exposure, more people are using it and therefore it has a greater ratio of real criminals to innocent users than most other programs.
>>
>>54243248
install debian vanilla
then apt-get install tor-browser
congratulations, you're using a de-bloated tails
>>
>>54243388
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
Have a disk solely for TOR use, it does its job but I would never consider using it as a main Dist.
Consider Kali or BlackArch if you really want to main Linux.
>>
>>54243248
Follow the guide on their site
>>54243274
Implying a shitty non-tested distros is better than tails
>>54243298
Here's your response
>>54243376
What is a dotconf? What is being the same as everyone else? Muh gnome!
>>54244291
Yes, your ISP knows you are using tails.
>>54246822
Implying you can successfully route all traffic through tor. People can still see any configuration outside of the browser like timezone, or anything else that will fuck you up. Meanwhile, you are still vulnerable to cold boot attacks and non-encrypted processes. Good luck when NSA steals your computer kiddo.
>>
>not running qubes on a vm in tails on your neighbors stolen ethernet proxied through 4 different VPNs

it's like you want the NSA to now you read loli doujins
>>
Question:

Why are you guys using TOR & Tails if you've got nothing to hide? What exactly are you browsing on TOR? Are you in a country dictatorship where you fear for your life for shitposting?
>>
>>54249632
Nerds.
>>
>>54243389
they're probably a native spanish speaker or trying to imitate one
pensar en (lit. to think in) means to think about
>>
use Alpine Linux or OpenBSD
while I'm not a developer and can't debate their technical merits, they both "just worked" for me
>>
>>54249681
Realistically, what is actually on TOR that needs to be hidden so thoroughly?
>>
>>54249743
Online drugs/hitmen/cheesepizza... =(

Oh and wikileaks, edward snowden type shit.
>>
>>54249767
Is the Wikileaks shit actually legit, groundbreaking stuff?

Percentage wise how much of the content is just depraved CP and how much is actually useful, extremely difficult to find, NSA watchlist-tier information?
>>
>>54249743
it's a whole network comprised mostly of any sort of criminal you could think of, going from professional pickpockets to anarchists who would even sell drugs so pedos can spike the drinks of little children and kidnap them.

bitcoin is the same story here it's literally a currency that is backed by pedo users and criminals, there aren't really many legal uses for bitcoin.

One very clear example of this is how the value of BTC tanks right after pedo/criminal markets are taken down by law enforcement, tor is a disgrace of an invention, like giving Nukes to little children.
>>
>>54249789
>Percentage wise.
No idea, anon.

Maybe install Tor and see for yourself while it's still legal?
>>
>>54249821
interesting

Any sources discussing the price drops after criminal markets get busted up? I've often suspected there's a lot more to this "muh freedom and anonymity" than what meets the eye

Fags just shutdown any critique with "muh watchlist, Muh NSA, muh right to do what I want"

>>54249834
No thanks. Not a lot of good can come from something like that
>>
>>54249789
the only reason wikileaks is still around is because they possess a shit load of unreleased intel that was whistle blown to them. if they released it all at once they would all be killed or imprisoned. it's the same reason they don't just straight up kill assange.
>>
>>54249850
So what you're saying is, the more info Wikileaks hold back, the longer they stay around, and the longer the guys who run it stay alive?

Sounds like they're just as bad, who will leak Wikileaks?
>>
>>54249839
>Any sources discussing the price drops after criminal markets get busted up?

http://www.wired.com/2013/10/bitcoin-market-drops-600-million-on-silk-road-bust/
>>
>>54249821
What's so wrong about drugging and fucking kids?

Kids are government property, not people. As long as government employees are doing it it's A-OK.
>>
>>54249983
>causing harm to people or other living creatures for no reason

lel pleb
>>
>>54250010
>other living creatures
>implying non-humans have souls
>implying children have souls before they turn 18
>>
>>54248481
Bitch shut the fuck up, fucking pedantic faggot.
>>
>>54249632
Because we dont want the government or some macfag on the wifi at $tarbuck$ knowing our buisness.
>>
>>54250222
Why?
>>
>>54249821
Someone has issues, did the big bad man next door touch your bad place when you were little?
>>
>>54250239
>disliking pedos and assorted criminals means you have 'problems'
criminal scum logic
neck yourself kiddie fiddler
>>
>>54248865
>Yes, your ISP knows you are using tails.
So? The government knows when you buy guns. Doesn't mean I shouldn't own a gun.
>>
File: 29e.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>54248481
>Just.Linux
JUST
>>
>>54243248
Use camouflage mode.
>>54243274
>A reasonably secure operating system
>reasonably
>>54243298
>Whonix
TOPKEK.
>>54243376
>TAILs is stupid
>TAILS users are stupid.
>>54244291
Because of the way you use it.
You should use it from public WiFi.
>>54249632
>TOR & Tails if you've got nothing to hide
I have to hide my ass, the things I leak can get me killed.
I even grow my beard before I do something, and shave after it.
>Are you in a country dictatorship where you fear for your life for shitposting
Isn't this how the whole world is working?
>>54249789
>Is the Wikileaks shit actually legit, groundbreaking stuff?
Most likely.
>CP
Anon, chesse pizza is on the surface not in the deep web.
The myth that deep web have CP, is just to make less people use it so it will be easy to track those who actually use it.
>>
>>54249632
why do you poo in the loo instead of a designated shitting street?
>>
>>54250010
>no reason
personal pleasure
>>
>>54251621
>Use camouflage mode.
removed since 2.0
>>
>>54253389
>Using post compromise TAILS
>>
File: implying.png (11 KB, 156x142) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
11 KB, 156x142
>>54253425
>compromise
>>
File: hacking.png (262 KB, 1446x924) Image search: [Google]
hacking.png
262 KB, 1446x924
i like anomalous os is better it can have hack apps to
>>
>>54253534
>CP finder
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.