[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hijack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: RaiShah.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
RaiShah.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
Hi,
I was casually checking some steam topic, when all of a sudden i lost control of my cursor, and it went in the chrome research bar, and typed " rai shahnawaz". As soon as it did did the research I shut down my computer, unplugged the ethernet cable, and turned it back on. Then started a bunch of scans like, superantispyware, malwarebytes, jrt, adwcleaner, hitmanpro. Now, it seems to be ok. And i'm pretty sure i did not dl anything shaddy. So i just wanted to know if any of you may have encountered the same issue, or know this " rai shahnawaz". It seems to be some warez game site.
Pic kinda related
>>
File: almere_d.jpg (167 KB, 1280x606) Image search: [Google]
almere_d.jpg
167 KB, 1280x606
>>54242531
reinstall from verified media
>>
This is how the kids do viral marketing.

Hide shill threads, ignore shill posters
>>
>>54242978
Chill man, it's no joke, really happened.
>>
Format and re-install to be safe. You have backups, right?
>>
>>54243238
yeah, no backups, but it's not an issue, my pc is fairly new, like 2 weeks since last reinstallation.
>>
KEK, happening again, it typed " samurai sh"
>>
>>54243761
Maybe a Bluetooth keyboard that is connecting and disconnecting?
>>
>>54244036
Nah, i don't have bluetooth on my pc
>>
Open notepad and type "stop fucking around with my computer" or something and see what happens
>>
>>54243282
>>>54243238
>yeah, no backups, but it's not an issue, my pc is fairly new, like 2 weeks since last reinstallation.

Life of a Windows user right here folks
>>
>>54244316
Yeah, but i only have the pc since 2 weeks, was my friend's before. So I formated it before using it.
>>
>>54244287
Tempted to do it, but isn't there some kind of risk involved? Like if i let him roam freely on my computer, what kind of damage could he do?
>>
do you have a wireless keyboard/mouse? They can be hijacked relatively easily. Are you visiting a specific website when this happens? Could just be a non malicious script that is running.
>>
>>54244362
Your friend is probably remoting in a fucking with you
>>
>>54244570

No , both mouse and keyboard are wired. I was on steam community, checking some issue. However, one of the scans i performed, revealed that the uninst.exe from the keyboard/mouse software, is a malware/pup/something. Razer Synapse2.0
>>
>>54244591
can't be, i wiped the ssd and both the hdd's clean before performing a clean installation of w7
>>
>>54244653
>performing a clean installation of w7
Where did you get the installation media from, torrent?
>>
>>54244653
It's Pajeet fucking with you
>>
>>>54244664

Yeah, already used it before, on several computers, no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>54244666
>It's Pajeet fucking with you
dammit pajeet
>>
also, it seems to type what i already typed before. Like , earlier this morning, i typed "samurai shurik" on youtube. And it did type "samurai sh" later on. So there's that.
>>
>>54244829
I had a similar problem before using a razor keyboard. Razer synapse recorded words and meaning into macros by accident. Check that out. I freaked the fuck out when my keyboard kept writing random shit.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (58 KB, 650x282) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
58 KB, 650x282
>>54245339
meanings* This was the garbage keyboard
>>
Maybe it's like a Ouija board type of situation?
>>
>>54245339
>>>54244829 (You)
I had a similar problem before using a razor keyboard. Razer synapse recorded words and meaning into macros by accident. Check that out. I freaked the fuck out when my keyboard kept writing random shit.

did it write random shit, or random words , like real words ? and it is the exact same keyboard btw
>>
>>54245391
Yeah. Re-install razer synapse and create a new razer account, just to be sure. Should fix the issue np
>>
>>54245440
> Yeah. Re-install razer synapse and create a new razer account, just to be sure. Should fix the issue np
man, if you're right, if you're right ...
>>
File: 1458497493378.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1458497493378.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>Razer
>Steam
>Windows
>>
>>54245674
>Razer
>Steam
>Windows
>>
>>54242531
This happened to me a couple years ago, I was watching youtube then I got a pop up that said "what the FUCK are you watching?". After that I opened notepad and had a conversation with the guy he said he was collecting information and then he ended up uninstalling himself. Few days later I was a victim of identity theft
>>
If its a Razer keyboard are you sure you aren't accidentally setting up and executing macros and lying about it taking over and googling that for you?
>>
lol @ razer keyboards. honestly I can't imagine... It's like a 110% keyboard with a huge fucking jagged wrist area. tenkeyless is the way to go.
>>
>>54245872
>If its a Razer keyboard are you sure you aren't accidentally setting up and executing macros and lying about it taking over and googling that for you?
No , no point in lying, it actually typed the whole thing, then " pressed " enter. My hands were off the keyboard
>>
>>54245832
top kek shrek
>>
Well, first of all, is a total hijacking of a PC even possible?
>>
File: 1457684229331.jpg (37 KB, 480x642) Image search: [Google]
1457684229331.jpg
37 KB, 480x642
>OPs face when malicious code is stored onto the keyboard onboard memory
>>
>>54246923
Yes, retard.
>>
>>54242531
what OS are you on?
>>
>>54247036
W7
>>
>>54245832
I'm still wondering what the fuck you were watching
>>
>>54242531
>i'm pretty sure i did not dl anything shaddy
I'm pretty sure you're both wrong and retarded
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.