[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here learned to touch type and how fast can you do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 25
File: XmCdENj.png (162 KB, 1684x1191) Image search: [Google]
XmCdENj.png
162 KB, 1684x1191
Anyone here learned to touch type and how fast can you do it? Does it require constant practice or once you learned it are you set for lyfe?
>>
>>54242034
You can get pretty rusty like I am, but I'm definitely faster than Index McGee. It takes practice to keep yourself at the higher end of the WPM range.
>>
I touch type at around 50-70 wpm. You will get a little rusty without practice but you will pick it back up quickly. Best thing to do is avoid ever not touch typing when using a keyboard and you will stay quick.
>>
>>54242034
100WPM here. I use a computer all the time so I never fall that bad out of practice. My typing isn't "textbook" touch typing but its pretty close
>>
You mean some people grow up not learning how to touch type? How?
>>
>>54242034
That finger layout looks like it would destroy your tendons in very little time. Completely unnatural motions and angles. Terrible.

This is why I dont use the standard typing method unless when unless with an ergonomic KBdesign.
>>
>>54242934
hah i kno rite
>>
>>54242940
So what method do you use?
>>
>>54242979
Do you really need a method? Just type
>>
>>54242979
Two fingers in my ass and the other hand frantically flying around the keys,
I reach a solid 40wpm and two anal orgasms an hour with this method
>>
I type 120 wpm but I don't use my pinkies nearly that much.
>>
Once you learn it, usually just by typing a shitload, you'll never drop below 50wpm again. I literally learned how to touch type form playing Runescape.
>>
I type ~100-110 wpm I just do it most naturally to me.
>>
>>54242034
How would you even fall out of practice? Just sit at your computer man.
>>
Never have, never will
>>
Idk, I've been using a computer regularly since the age of 7 so it just happened but I can only do it when I don't realise/think about it.
>>54242934
Yeah, it actually blows my mind, I thought everybody does that.
>>
>>54243884
>I literally learned how to touch type form playing Runescape.

This. You had to be fast to standout in those merchant plazas.
>>
File: das_keyboard.jpg (39 KB, 912x344) Image search: [Google]
das_keyboard.jpg
39 KB, 912x344
I suppose one sure-fire way would be to get one of those blank keyboards. Then you'd basically have to do trial and error until you remember what buttons to press.
>>
File: Capture.png (51 KB, 628x367) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
51 KB, 628x367
Someone beat me.
>>
around 120 wpm average, they forced us to take typing programs when i was in school. thankful for it now.
>>
>>54242034

>learned basic touch typing in 8th grade
>took full typing class in 10th grade
>started two weeks into the class, got talked down to by the teacher
>absolutely dominated the class for the entire semester
>got a public apology from teacher on the last day
>learned Dvorak to help with wrist tendinitis
>learned Kinesis layout to help with write tendinitis

I can type Dvorak on Kinesis, QWERTY on Kinesis, and QWERTY on a regular 87/104 keyboard. It just takes a moment you switch mental gears, and I'll make occasional mistakes for awhile after switching.

I peaked at 120+ WPM in high school on QWERTY. I never got that fast on Dvorak, but I never cared about speed at that point. I think I can hit about 100 WPM on Dvorak with the Kinesis. Definitely 90+.
>>
>>54242034
It's a safe bet 98% of the people using this site can touch-type. I can do about 45 WPM IIRC. I've never stopped typing for more than a few days so I can't say for sure if it takes practice to keep it up, but I've had moments where I need to stop and take a minute to get back into the groove. It is like riding a bike or driving in that once you develop the muscle memory you can do it without really thinking, it's just more complex, so it takes more practice to develop solid muscle memory.
>>
>>54242034
colemak or dvorak?
>>
>>54244030
What site?
>>
>>54242934
OP might be older or from a less-developed country, or used to be able to type OK but never developed touch-typing. My mom had to type as part of a program in high school where they used Teletypes, but she never got good at it, or if she did she lost that skill years ago.
>>
>>54242996

This is either a really bad troll or a really stupid person talking about things they don't really understand. It's completely idiotic to not have some kind of method your typing; even hunt-and-peck is a method.
>>54244028
That's what they did with my mom and it didn't seem to help her (but then she is dyslexic).
>>
>>54242034
What the fuck do you mean you're supposed to use your pinky for the enter key? How long of a pinky do you think we have nigger?
>>
>>54243884
My fucking nigger. This is exactly how I learned to type.
>>
It's easy, just learned it from playing runescape where if you didn't touch type you couldn't do shit in the game.
>>
>>54242034
What exactly does touch type mean?
>>
>>54244193
>>This is either a really bad troll or a really stupid person talking about things they don't really understand
I suppose it would be the latter then, because I don't really have a defined method. It has just developed naturally over the years. One hand on one side and one on the other I guess?

Isn't the markings on F and J supposed to help you learn this by the way? Not that I actively think about it, but perhaps they do help subsconciously.
>>
>>54244251
Typing without looking at your keys.
>>
>>54244193
>It's completely idiotic to not have some kind of method your typing
I'm fairly sure you'll pretty much intuitively fall into regular touch typing over time if you just type enough shit without settling for a slow speed.
>>
>>54242034
I just gamed on random stuff since I was 12. It comes naturally. I'm now typing at about 80wpm/400cpm on typing tests.
>>
>>54242034
Took me a week to break my chicken claw style typing and use touch type. Really useful but frustrating at start.
>>
>>54244149
That's just because girls can't into computer besides whining about being a victim on github.
>>
>>54244193
As I write those lines, I am not using any method except my right pinky for the shift button. I,m not using any other fingers than my two indexes and that pinky, and I top at 80wpm. Just type, don't stress yourself to learn a convention.
>>
>>54244284
Oh, just that? Do people really need to actively try to learn that? It just came naturally to me. With my first computer I only wrote with like 1 finger in each hand and I had to look at the keyboard, then touch typing came with the time, I naturally understood how to use the little bumps on the J and F to know where my hands are at in the keyboard so I could find other letters, and with the time I started using every finger to type.

I did notice that I type faster than my friends, but I just thought that it was genetics or autism or something, are you telling me that there's guides or tutorials on the internet for this shit?
>>
>>54242034
>All those keys meant to be typed with your little fingers
Absolute madness
>>
>>54244393
How do you even break beyond 100 WPM without using all your fingers?
>>
>>54244387
>are you telling me that there's guides or tutorials on the internet for this shit?
Technically, people have been doing guides and coming up with strategies for it since machine typing became a job.
>>
>>54244405
I don't know, I've hit 86 at my maximum with two indexes.
>>
picked it up from playing online games
>>
>>54244429
86 with only two fingers seems impossible to me.
Also if you can type that fast using only two fingers how come you haven't naturally learnt to use your other fingers yet?
>>
>>54244393
>>54244405
I just noticed the same. My pinkies are literally just left-shift, quotation-mark, and enter key slaves.
>>
>>54244030
This is my profile
http://10fastfingers.com/user/964925/
>>
File: file.png (270 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
270 KB, 1920x1080
>>54244450
Too lazy to do so. It's just my habit to type with those two fingers. Guess I just have fast hands. I can post you a pic of it if you want.

I once and only once hit 86, during one of my lucky runs. Stressed a bit in this one and fucked up, but still a solid 80wpm.
>>
35 wpm #iphonemasterrace
>>
>>54244450
>how come you haven't naturally learnt to use your other fingers yet
I think you have to actively try to use more fingers once you're made a habit out of typing with only one. I type with all of my fingers on my left hand, but only use my index finger with the right hand. I don't know how it came to this since it's not that I can't type with all of my fingers on the right hand, I just have to actively think of doing it, so can't be bothered really.
>>
play a mmorpg if you want to touch type fast
>>
>>54244290
>>It's completely idiotic to not have some kind of method your typing
>I'm fairly sure you'll pretty much intuitively fall into regular touch typing over time if you just type enough shit without settling for a slow speed.
What I mean is the concept is idiotic.
>>54244269
Why are people like this on /g/? You have a method, because it's a set way of doing something. You don't just randomly pick a hand and finger and specific motion for each key. Maybe it's not the standard, maybe it doesn't have a name, and obviously you don't put thought into it-- none of that means it's not a method of typing. (Also I can almost guarantee the way you both type is very similar to the one shown in the OP because the keys are laid out to benefit keeping your fingers on the middle row and your hands slightly apart, and not using the closest finger to press a given key is stupid.)
>>
>>54242034
I used to hunt and peck for the longest time.
I was pretty fast, but you just cant be accurate.

I bought a thinkpad, and fell in love with the pointing stick.
The thing about the pointing stick is, it leaves your hands in home row when you are using it.

I slowly started to realize that I knew the keys and halfway touch typed anyways. It sucks looking down and moving your hands around.

I remembered my typing class from junior high, and then relearned which finger goes where and off I went.

Its not hard, and I type around 70wpm without thinking too hard about it. I have pushed up towards 100 when I really try hard and am warmed up, but I dont like to concentrate that hard when typing.
>>
File: 1461699124356.png (134 KB, 1684x1191) Image search: [Google]
1461699124356.png
134 KB, 1684x1191
>>54245033
That's just autistic. Here's how I type;
>>
>>54245299
I doubt you can you beyond 100 WPM with that method
>>
I use all fingers on my left hand for all buttons, no finger is constrained to use the same ones all the time.

On my right hand I use only my pointer finger exclusively for everything except my pinkie for backspace, thus making my middle, thumb, and ring finger on my left hand unused for everything

I also type 120-130 wpm on those tests so I guess its working for me, any of you guys type like this?
>>
>>54245308
I'm >>54244544

I don't concentrate, just gaming and sometimes typing for writing.
>>
How many idiots like me can touch type a a whole sentence and just before confirming the text you notice it's all jibberish just because you were typing on the next set of keys?
Fucking muscle memory.
>>
>>54245326
You have to learn to use the little bumps on the F and J
>>
I remember learning home row and shit in school but then I just ignored the fuck out of it.

I have no idea how I type but I can nail 140wpm on a good day.
>>
>>54245361

>140wpm

bullshit
>>
>>54245370

I've nailed it a handful of times when I knew exactly what I was going to be writing from memory/was just rolling with what I wanted to write.
>>
>>54245370
It's not that hard, I'm not him but I'm >>54244473
>>
>>54245370
If you think that's insane Reckful hit 173 WPM on stream if I remember correctly
>>
This is a really strange thread. Most typing threads on /g/ are filled with people touch typing over 80 WPM easy, usually a ton of us over 100.

At my best, in the 90's when I worked as a typist, yes that was an actual job, I could sustain 148-149 for several minutes.

These days peaking over 125-130 is pretty much nerd rage speed posting mode for me, with more casual typing around the 100-110 range.

Typing fast isn't THAT great a skill. Ironically anyone dealing directly in computer-related fields, like software engineering, don't really need to type all that well. What's a good rate for that? Two lines a minute with copy/pasta? That's probably like 25 WPM.

Whereas a business or art related field might actually type quite a bit.
>>
>>54242034
Most people in the US are required to take lessons to teach you how to do it. Of course, the keys you don't use very regularly wind up falling away. For example, I can type a lot of the keys, but the stuff like "&" is stuff I have to look at, because I don't use all of the symbols that require a number press + the shift key all that often.
>>
>>54245361
>140wpm on a good day.

Sure, with shit accuracy and no longevity.

When I am touch typing at 100WPM, I can literally sit and do it for hours. Flailing your hands around wears you out, looking down makes you choppy.

Anyone who already has the mental aspect of fast typing and looking ahead down needs to learn the physical aspect of home row and correct touch typing.
A person will NEVER be a faster typer by using a half assed backwards way of typing instead of correctly touch typing.
>>
>>54245411
Hafu and Trump beat that on stream just casually replying to scrubs in chat. They're fucking ridiculous.

In addition to being Asian, Trump is an advanced level pianist though.
>>
>>54245471
>>140wpm on a good day.
>Sure, with shit accuracy and no longevity.
Pretty much every metric I've seen for WPM will not count or at least penalize incorrectly typed words, so that's not really an argument.

But yes, most people here who claim xxx words per minute are obviously claiming just one or two minutes, or whatever is on typeracer. I doubt anyone here is going to take a 60 minute typing test for epeen. There's just too much trolling to be done to waste time with that.
>>
>>54243010
Kek
>>
>>54245521
Not him, but I touch type, and I hammer out around 60 wpm. I could probably train myself to go faster, but it's just a comfortable speed for me.
>>
>>54242034
Is this a bait thread? Are there really people over like 13 years old that can't type without looking at the keys?

Use a computer sometime
>>
>>54245299
It's using a tool properly. Again, why are people like this on /g/?
>>
I pecked with a few additional fingers since 5th grade. It wasn't until about 6 months ago that I saw an image like OPs and looked at it for a few seconds. After analyzing it, it made perfect sense to me how to type properly and then it was just a matter of putting it to practice. I already knew where the keys were, just not quite sure which finger should go on which key, but the graphic showed me that typing properly is just an intuitive process. I always assumed that since people took fucking classes to learn how to type that it required knowledge that isn't straightforward and logical.
>>
I learned to touch-type in 8th grade (I'm 27 now). We were given covers for the keyboard that blocked out all the "center" keys (alphanumeric but also including <, >, ;, ', etc) and a printout that we had to reproduce in Microsoft Word. The printout looked like this:
fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfj...
dkdkdkd...

We had to use "proper" ten-finger positioning as well. Each day we built upon it. It must've taken about two or three weeks. Obviously a pretty janky method but I stuck with it and now I can comfortably type at 90WPM.

However, the keyboard you use makes a big difference as well, especially when typing fast. I used to use a cheap membrane, and when I switched to a mechanical, I noticed a difference for the better. I could feel when the key actuated. Plus I like the sound. I've kind of always wanted a clicky keyboard.
>>
>>54245033
Of course there is a method, but it's not planned out. But if you want to feel superior about your WPM and the time and effort you have put into typing, go right ahead.
>>
>>54244193
just lay your fingers on the letters, in the middle or top lines (however feels natural) and type some words using the fingers that are resting over the letters.

ajust your reach by moving your hands/arms horizontally and vertically as needed, don't do malabarisms, like that image suggests. don't smash the keyboard either, just use the needed force.

you may find best to look at the keyboard at the beginning, but don't shy from typing looking at the screen, despite the mistakes.

you'll naturally observe that sometimes you'll have your fingers resting at other buttons you naturally use, like SHIFT or CTRL, and that's all right.

I don't know if qwer-space/asdf-space left-hand placement is actually a method or not. when I was introduced to a keyboard I was shown where to place each finger, but there's no need for it, honestly.

Just rest your hands on either middle/top alphabetical lines, get used to where each key is and that's it.
>>
I type 90wpm and I have no idea how. I think just using computers since preschool and spending too much times on forums as a kid helped.
>>
>>54242034
I do not understand how a human being could type 2, 3, or 4 with that layout.
>>
>>54245895
I don't even know how someone would type with that autistic painting.
>>
>>54242034
My wife is severely disabled. I learned computing in school and type to her regularly. Without strong touch typing skills, I don't think we'd be here today. We talk, I translate doctor appointments, movies, etc.

I type about 80 words a minute.
>>
>>54242034
For some reason I only use my middle three fingers to cover the keyboard but then again i have petty big hands
i dont think anyone actually only uses one finger on each hand to type
even if they were never trained
>>
>>54245834
It is planned out, you know when to press a given key with a given finger. How are you this bad at words?
>>54245888
>middle or top lines
>top line
the fuck are you doing
>>
>>54246274
'hand placed on either top or middle alphabetic line', what's wrong with it?

I didn't say it at first, but it is somewhere there. Didn't think I'd have to write out the obvious in its full form.
>>
There's a shiltoad of touch type learning programs that teach you the keyboard layout and proper technique with interactive exercises of gradual difficulty. It's extremely frustrating at first, but once you train your muscle memory you'll never get back to not touch typing again.
>>
>>54244405
I can type 130 WPM without using my right thumb, easy.
>>
>>54246331
>resting a hand on the top line
>any year
>>
>>54246413
>(however feels natural)

>being an obnoxious little brat
>any year
>>
File: 1461699124356.png (134 KB, 1684x1191) Image search: [Google]
1461699124356.png
134 KB, 1684x1191
I type more like this. Probably not optimal but still good
>>
>>54246664
>but still good
>>
>>54242034
130 wpm and I only ever use my right pinky to hit the shift and apostrophe keys. Learned to type by playing EverQuest and needing to alert a zone to an incoming train while still running for my life.
Fingers seem to rest on home row but I don't actually adhere to the 'proper' way to type.
>>
>>54242934
>>54244149
my parents learned to touch type on typewriters in school in the 60s, but they didn't teach that during the computer classes when I was in school and I don't they teach touch typing nowadays either
>>
File: 6554340969_bb2d63372d_z.jpg (115 KB, 452x640) Image search: [Google]
6554340969_bb2d63372d_z.jpg
115 KB, 452x640
who /colemak/ here?

http://10fastfingers.com/user/298558/
>>
File: yeah you read right, 99.77.png (48 KB, 677x390) Image search: [Google]
yeah you read right, 99.77.png
48 KB, 677x390
>>54244544
Now beat this.
>>
File: at least not a faggot.png (49 KB, 649x419) Image search: [Google]
at least not a faggot.png
49 KB, 649x419
>>54246982
>18 mistakes
>>
>>54247041
And your score is still lower than my adjusted score. Get faster scrub
>>
>>54247041
>already accounted for in score
>>
File: mavis-beacon-650x399.jpg (73 KB, 650x399) Image search: [Google]
mavis-beacon-650x399.jpg
73 KB, 650x399
>not learning how to type from some corporate HR looking black lady

actually that was 7th grade. I learned how to type from some floppy disk program in 4th grade that was mixed up into the games bin they let us sift through in computer class. wasn't so much even computer class, just a bunch of 286's and apple's or fuck if i know something like that.

i really don't give a shit about fast typing but since moving to a blue key gaymer fagboard, i sure do enjoy it a lot better. typing on a shitty membrane board at work is so lifeless.

even more nostalgia, i actually learned how to peck type on an ink ribbon typewriter and eventually an electric typewriter. i can't believe my parents actually bought me those things.

now kids just type with their thumbs.
>>
>>54247068
Obviously, it's easier to just rush through it and avoid any complicated words or fixing any errors you make. One or two mistakes is understandable, but 18 mistakes is systematic.
>>
>>54246982
>>54247041
Now you both beat this one
>>
>>54247092
They omit all complicated words intentionally.
Also, my desk is too high to type very comfortably, so my wrists were getting tired near the end.
>>
>>54242034
learned it from playing MMOs
>>
File: 1449197599326.jpg (41 KB, 380x358) Image search: [Google]
1449197599326.jpg
41 KB, 380x358
>>54247123
>so my wrists were getting tired near the end.

From just a few typing tests?
>>
I literally learned to type fast by just typing a fuckton. I did take a couple of (school mandated) typing classes in primary school but nothing serious. Just type a lot.
>>
File: 10fastfingers.png (6 KB, 305x352) Image search: [Google]
10fastfingers.png
6 KB, 305x352
Post your 10fastfingers result
>>
>>54247124
and I get a 100wpm, which is good enough tbqh
>>
>>54247147
Yes, I have wimpy wrists. You should see them, they're more slender than most girl wrists.
>>
>>54247220
Its not your wrists fault, its your shit typing posture.
>>
File: 125 is below average for me.png (23 KB, 289x409) Image search: [Google]
125 is below average for me.png
23 KB, 289x409
>>54247180
>>
>>54247255
Well like I said, my desk is too high. I can't adjust my chair any higher.
It's not a real desk, it's some old table, and it's high enough off the ground that I basically have to rest my wrists on it, with my hands higher than my wrists.
>>
>not living in a country where they teach you to touch type in school
lol peasant
>>
>>54242034
100wpm on Chiclet
115wpm on Cherry MX Blues

I've been above 80wpm for more than 9 years

I don't know I commonly learned it by just shit talking in a lot of MMOs / skill spamming I kinda just memorized my keys.

Did not take any "typing classes" at all, just came naturally. Hang around at your computer a lot you just get used to it.
>>
File: 634.png (49 KB, 717x409) Image search: [Google]
634.png
49 KB, 717x409
>>54247097
I came close, but I failed.
>>
>>54247180
I mainly type with my index fingers too. I should learn proper technique one day, some words can be awkward.
>>
File: bad.jpg (23 KB, 275x335) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
23 KB, 275x335
>>54247180
I mainly type with my index and middle fingers. Muscle memory from all the lesbian erp on Ragnarok Online
>>
>>54242034
i touch type but i have no idea what OP pic is. My left hand is somehow doing 80% of the typing (as a result of FPSes and MMOs) and I manage 90 to 120 WPM.
>>
>>54247451
You might be interested to know that Art Tatum (widely considered the greatest jazz pianist in history) had a technique where he would play incredible high-speed runs using only two fingers.
>>
File: autism lol.png (19 KB, 281x400) Image search: [Google]
autism lol.png
19 KB, 281x400
I don't type the way I was taught to type, I think that's why I type much slower than I potentially could.
>>
File: wpm.png (67 KB, 1000x467) Image search: [Google]
wpm.png
67 KB, 1000x467
I can usually do better than this, not typing well right now
>>
>>54242034
the fuck is touch typing? you mean typing
>>
>>54247493
That is interesting actually, since the faster I type, the less fingers I use. I guess it's easier to learn how to type/play fast without having to worry about all your fingers doing it in unison.

I also realized the last time I took one of these typing tests I scored around 100wpm.
>>
>>54242034
I learned touch typing when I was 11. Today I Type 75 wpm confortably
>>
>>54245033
I generally sit around 80-90wpm. Bursts of 100 accurately. I literally don't have a method, at least not your idea of one. I use multiple fingers to type the same key, depending on where my hands happen to be at that moment. I don't rest my hands on the keyboard either, I sort of hover over it. Worked in multiple data entry jobs and never had a problem. Some people don't need your bullshit methods
>>
>>54245317
Pic or gtfo
>>
>>54244092
>>54246815
C O L E M A K
O
L
E
M
A
K
>>
>>54242034
120wpm~ here. Happened without even noticing. Now can type consistently, but I'm always typing.

Got that fast by playing a text based MUD called Discworld MUD for my teen years. Surprisingly fast paced, requires a lot of alert and precise typing as well as lengthy scripts. I highly recommend. Awesome game too.
>>
>>54245317
>>54247890 (me)

That's exactly how I type. All of left and index of right. I also tap caps lock and then tap again after rather than using Shift. Surprising saves time on certain scenarios. But I don't think style matters provided the speed is there. I tried to tutor myself to use all 10 fingers but I figured I could do that or type 120+ words per minute consistently with my odd style.
>>
I'm 26 and have been able to manage 100 WPM since I was 14. Chalk it up to internet showing up in my house when I was 11 and practically growing up on web 1.0. Chatrooms, roleplaying, all kinds of nerdy shit. Teaches you how to touch type really fast. I definitely don't do it like you're supposed to though. I only use my index and ring fingers on each hand, and thumb on left for space bar.
>>
Pretty much use all my fingers.

140wpm+ here.

Depends entirely on where my hands are located when I automatically choose which finger to hit the next button with, so it's different from word to word. Probably from playing a lot of videogames.
>>
File: me.png (134 KB, 1684x1191) Image search: [Google]
me.png
134 KB, 1684x1191
>>54245299
I'm similar, but utilize a few more fingers on my left and only use my ring on my right instead of my pinky. I also use left thumb for space.
>>
I played a fuckton of RuneScape when I was a kid and learned to type quickly just by talking to people. Now I do transcription as a side gig for two years now and I've made decent money from something that I enjoy doing.
>>
The reason you can k >>54243978
The reason for that is because typing became procedural memory (like riding a bike and things you don't really have to think about when doing) but not declarative memory (things you have to think about when doing it)
>>
File: 10ff.png (15 KB, 285x369) Image search: [Google]
10ff.png
15 KB, 285x369
>>54248020
And here's my score on 10fastfingers, first try. Not great, but whatever.
>>
i would think most people here touch type. i type around 100wpm in general, gets faster when i know what im typing or when im copying something. it doesnt take much practice once learned. you then know the layout of the keyboard. at least the one you own, using other keyboards may take some time to learn to use and correcting instinctual mistakes. its not difficult
>>
File: 1273129434190.png (14 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
1273129434190.png
14 KB, 497x501
>>54244444
checked
>>
been using comps since i was 3/4

120-200 wpm depending on my mood and if i worked all day or played some crazy games recently
>>
File: warmup.png (65 KB, 667x667) Image search: [Google]
warmup.png
65 KB, 667x667
>>54246982
>>
>>54247767
I'm not saying it has to be the thing in the OP, I'm saying you don't understand the word "method" (now even despite being given an explanation) so you should have someone chew your food for you instead of posting here. Anything you do with purpose and pattern has a method to it by definition, it doesn't matter if you lack the attentiveness to follow what your own hands are doing or if you're adaptive, the adaption has to be through some process. Even if it's haphazard, there is reason behind it, that makes a method, you can even call it a technique. Please fuck off with your "I'm a special snowflake who just goes with the flow and doesn't play your silly rules" attitude, that's not how doing a task as simple and directed as typing works and that's not how definitions of words work.
>>
>>54243926
This. 1st grade - 5th it was forced on us. Rebeled. Now 22, my style has touch type components but more free flow on placement
>>
>>54248535
its like hunt-n-peck. With less hunting and pecking with multiple fingers
>>
>>54244065
Dude why are you bragging lmao.
>typing classes
you know anything below 120 is not impressive if you took some kind of class.
>>
55-65 WPM
The correct touch typing layout exhausts my fingers really quickly. I think my fingers are too long to use that layout properly.
>>
>>54243884
This is exactly how I learned too kek. Typing the fancy wavy text over and over in the Grand Exchange.
>>
>>54242034
i have my own way of doing it, nothing like touch typing. i memorized all the keys and i use caps lock on and off for capitalization and still hit 80-90WPM

touch typing is a meme
>>
File: 4L_E6CrUD2X.jpg (15 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
4L_E6CrUD2X.jpg
15 KB, 203x248
>>54242034
Years ago I spent a whole weekend doing mavis beacon and that's all i needed to learn how to type.
>>
>>54249649
pic related
>>
>>54243884
>>54243994
>>54244236
>>54249453

this
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.