[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /g/ so reactionary if the greatest computer science minds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: torvalds.jpg (58 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
torvalds.jpg
58 KB, 850x400
Why is /g/ so reactionary if the greatest computer science minds are liberal and progressive?
>>
/g/ is a prepubescent board who thinks it's funny to be prejudiced against gender or to hate people based on their race.

And the rest are wincucks who think capitalism isn't inherently immoral.

Don't worry, it's just a phase. They'll outgrow it as soon as they start reading some books.
>>
>>54233343
It's simple, /g/ is a board for consumers.
>>
I'm libertarian, social AND economic liberal
>>
It's funny how liberal here in Yuropoor means the exact opposite of what it means in America.

"Liberals" here are economic liberals who vouch for less government, more free market, less welfare etc.

But then again, conservacucks aren't necessarily correlated with economic liberalism as well, because being a conservatist usually just means you do whatever it takes to get the most votes, no matter what ridiculous principle you have to follow.
>>
>>54233444
That's what liberal means in the US as well, it's just than in American politics words and meaning don't matter, and neither party is actually liberal. You get a choice for what flavor of strong pervasive corporate statism you want and that's it.
>>
>>54233343
4chan must be contrarian
>>
>>54233343
>liberal and progressive
If you define 'liberal and progressive' as 'people should be allowed to do what they want and technological and societal progress is inevitable' then I'm liberal and progressive.
But I don't think that's the liberalism and progressiveness general 4chan public is against. What they're against are unprincipled demagogues spouting how compassion is important when its directed at their irrational world views and self criticism and reformation is important when directed at other's irrational world views.
>>
>>54233343
being an atheist doesn't make you liberal or progressive
>>
>>54233343
A liberal today is someone who will praise you for telling a christian their religion is crap but scold you for telling the same to a muslim.
>>
>>54233343
True/classic liberalism as in LIBERTY and personal freedom is now considered right wing conservativism.
And "Liberalism" is now openly gainst freedom opf speech, against personal rights of people and is for freedom of feelings of faggots.
>>
>>54233516
You're an idiot
>>
>>54233523
In classic sense of it it does.
Atheists and secular people enabled a lot of things you casually enjoy every day and that make ytou fell secure and free.
>>
>>54233570
Kek, that's is not a liberal, that's a retarded social progessist. aka sjw
>>
>>54233613
"Liberal" and "Progressive" is their name, or rather trademark.

Assuming that freedom and equality has alredy been achieved it now makes sense for LIBERALS to be conservative, like we build freedom and now we conserve it from attacks of retards.
>>
>>54233343
/g/ is mostly cishet white men, so they hate SJWs, who hate cishet white men.
>>
>>54233605
Wow, when you put it like that, I guess I see your point.
>>
>>54233376
Ew, go away Tumblr.
>>
>>54233592
>>54233523

Classic liberalism was about freedom from gods. Church was what suppressed the people's liberties. Right-wing conservatism has nothing to do with classic liberalism.
>>
>>54233343
Tell that to the occultists that work with the divine powers of nature linus.
He's such a pretentious wanker.Was fun trolling he's g+ page.
>>
>>54233675
American conservatism was pretty close to classical liberalism back in the day. Also classical liberalism mentions god just as synonym for the creator of humankind whatever that is, not in an strict religious sense.
>>
>>54233675
This. Being an atheist is an integral part of this.

If you're religious, you have no business using a computer. You can't afford to enjoy something which works based on science if you don't believe in it, that's hypocrisy.

Torvalds is an atheist. Stallman too, and he's a liberal. McKusick is literally homosexual. If you're for software freedom but are not progressive, then you missed the whole fucking point.
>>
>>54233685

That wasn't true to the cause either. They owned slaves, jeez.

Modern progressivism is the successor to classical liberalism.
>>
>>54233675
Today it is.
First it was freedom from church, then it was freedom from morality and for personal freedoms as long as you don'r hurt anyone "Your freedom ends where my nose begins", BUT today we have liberals that fight against freedom of speech and want to criminalize verbal abuse.

Today right wing people go like "your freedom ends where my nose begins", and liberals go ranting about feelings, offence and VERBAL VIOLENCE
>>
>>54233705

Hate to break it to you but hate speech isn't free speech, famalam.
>>
>>54233720
It is.
If i go on the street and yell "KILL ALL NIGGERS" nobody's gonna listen to me. Because they are intelligent and cultured modern people.
All speech is free speech, because it's just fucking speech. It doesn't make anyone kill niggers, it only expresses my thoughts, and when anyone sees a "Kill all niggers" guy on the street there isn't even a need to stop him from talking, because no one will ever listen to him.

Hate speech is only used by feminists to silence everyone who has real evidence that every statement feminists make is actually a lie.
>rape culture
>I have an evidence that rape is at all times low and decresing
>HATE SPEECH SILENCE
>Wage gap
>I have evidence that women are paid more for same work
>HATE SPEECH SILENCE
>>
>>54233720
>Hate to break it to you
HATE SPEECH! SOMEBODY ARREST THIS GUY!
>>
>>54233720
KKK still oficially exists and is the most unpopular and despised political movement since forever.

That alone is an evidence that you don't need any limits to freedom of speech.
>Let them speak
>nodoby will listen to them
>you look like a good guy for letting them speak
This is the best, the most fair and the most moral way to go.
>>
You need to be capable of abstract thought to not be a jerkface sans religion.
>>
>>54233780
>It doesn't make anyone kill niggers, it only expresses my thoughts
What do you think about speech / imagery / media such as propaganda that intends to, and succeeds in, making people change their behavior (possible for the worse)?
Actions can be made illegal, but at what point does speech become action?
Not an advocate of hate-speech censorship (not what I'm talking about), just playing devil's advocate.
>>
>>54233376
>Reading books makes you smart
Lie. Tutelage and individual articles selected from archives are better for learning. The direct reading of a book will fail you. Also, such a simple sentiment leads people who read the whole harry potter series to consider themselves intellectually superior to people that read two books from immanuel kant.
>Being smart makes you in with whatever opinions are most prevalent in western college campuses
Lie based on the same statistical fallacies that justify /pol/'s brand of racism.

>>54233720
Hate speech is free speech.

If it weren't, tumblrs wouldn't be allowed to promote segregation in the form of "safe spaces" or be middle class whites that constantly patronize everyone else in general.
>>
>>54233888
>intends to, and succeeds in, making people change their behavior (possible for the worse)?
Offer people better information.
Have faith in people's right minds to tell the difference and chose the good.
Or else KKK will actually win because when people get too tired from being brainwashed by you and raped by migrants they actually will vote for Hitler.
Poland just got ULTRA-right party for parlament and it is going to happen iin Germany and the rest of those country.

Too much pressure from the left sickened people enough to lean to ultra right.
>>
>>54233343
Because its fun to say things that are taboo without fear of reprisal which imageboards provide the chance to do.
>>
>>54233932
>Too much pressure from the left sickened people enough to lean to ultra right.
Welcome to democracy.

Also: if democracy puts power in the mind of the voters, and you can control the voters' minds, you gain absolute power.
>>
>>54233888
>For the worse

The ruling opinion always says any change from it that is not a smooth evolution into something that ultimately follows the same basic principle is for the worse.

Everything is worse according to someone, and all of them are right.
>>
File: 1434601337997.jpg (10 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
1434601337997.jpg
10 KB, 214x317
>>54233343
Atheists shit the bed when they didn't acknowledge the con/switcharoo that is the secular religion of Social Justice.

Swap out "Jesus" for the mythical "least privileged person in the entire kyriarchy" and you have the new slave morality.
>>
>>54234688
> Atheists shit the bed when they didn't acknowledge the con/switcharoo that is the secular religion of Social Justice.
The vast majority of atheists did, actually.
That's why you don't hear them attacking religion much these days. They're too busy trying to get rid of the SJW cancer.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.