[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't anyone released the Windows 10 source code to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 1459049255402.jpg (69 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
1459049255402.jpg
69 KB, 399x399
Why hasn't anyone released the Windows 10 source code to the wild? I mean seriously, it cannot be that difficult to hack Bill Gates and download it to a remote server and distribute from there. We did it with iCloud, we did it with Ashley Madison and those WHORES, why can't we do it with them?

>hack Bills compuer
>download the source code for Windows 10
>distribute it
>people improve it and make it open source like Linux
>we now have open source OS of the best OS ever built

Can /g/ pool together and pull this off? We did it before with plenty of other projects.
>>
Ill do the logo
>>
>>54232712
Why re-do the logo? We literally need to just release it as-is, maybe less botnet and most importantly let the code be open
>>
>>54232726
No, we need to do a logo. How else will we make the OS known?
>>
But some Russian guy did leak out the Windows 10 source doe on /g/ a couple of months back.
Look at an archive.

He just got called a faggot and left.
>>
>>54232739
Wtf? The OS is already known. We simply need to maybe write "Open source" on the bottom of it. So really we are not creating a new logo, but retaining the brand value and remixing it to gain more traction

>>54232747
Links pls
>>
>>54232705
>Bill Gates

excuse me the new CEOs name is Paj- i mean Satya Nadella.
>>
File: 1322199967688.jpg (103 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
1322199967688.jpg
103 KB, 473x480
You should know that the good ol' Billy dosn't work at MS anymore
Also there is React OS that is trying to make an open source windows, go give them a hand.
>>
>>54232739
This is very important.
>>
>>54232757
>>54232758
Figurehead for diversity.

Bill still pulls the strings and maintains the codebase.
>>
probably because it isn't worth it.
>>
>>54232775
sauce? AFAIK, Billy hasn't worked for MS for a while, he's still involved with their products but nothing too indepth like development. He's busy trying to fix AIDS-land like that U2 fag
>>
>>54232755
You can't just re-release it as windows.
We need a logo, and I'm your guy.
>>
>>54232705
>cannot be that difficult to hack Bill Gates
Someone already did that and uploaded the source on github:

Http://github.com/pussydestroyer99
>>
>>54232705
So, a few things about the Microsoft Corp network that you should be aware of...

1 - Endpoint patch levels are forced via NAP.
2 - Everything is IPSec, via group policy.
3 - MSIT logs any and all connections at several spots.
4 - Source Depot / TFS is hardened, and in a secure cage within a secure room in a secure data center.
5 - Encryption is required on any endpoint doing source checkout

Bonus - If you check out or sync a large enough or sensitive enough branch, you will likely be called into a meeting with management and LCA to explain why.

As always, the weakest link is an employee that gives zero fucks. But usb copy's are also logged on any machine with a user that has source access.
>>
>>54233287
So just let's just get someone with a photographic memory to memorize the source code
>>
>>54232772
>>54232712
What do we call it though? It needs a cool name. We have to pick a name before we make a logo.
>>
Lots of windows code has already leaked outside of MS, it's all traded privately though as it's pretty valuable
>>
>>54233351
Binbows
>>
>>54233321
That's an option I suppose, but there is a huge amount of it. I want to say something like 150tb worth.
>>
File: source.jpg (21 KB, 230x159) Image search: [Google]
source.jpg
21 KB, 230x159
Here's a portion of source code.
>>
Enjoy looking at the worst code ever written
>>
>>54233377
it is not so much the amount of source code as the spaghettiness of it

indeed I would vager that they could publish it on github, and their only problem would be people finding exploits.

Nobody would EVER be able to actually compile the shit without also having their arcane build scripts.
>>
>>54233287
I want to know more (just out of interest, not actually trying to hack lol). Did you work for Microsoft?

How many people have access the source code and does everyone have full access?
>>
>>54233432
Microsoft is not that good
>>
>>54232747
Link pls
Even though that will most likely be fucking useless.
>>
>>54233448
This.
>>
>>54233351
Lindows
>>
>>54233448
Can't be worse than the linux kernel
>>
>>54233545
GNU/Lindows
>>
>>54233287
how big do you think the size of just the kernel source code is?
>>
>>54233545
>>54233552
freedows
>>
>>54232705
>we
I don't think our shitposting was of any help
>>
>>54233459
>not actually trying to hack lol
you should leave
>>
>>54233287
Given that you seem to have so much information about M$, can you tell me the size of the current Windows Kernel?
Ive been curious for months now, Internet didnt really help.
>>
>>54233454
Hey people managed to compile Windows nt4 when it was leaked.
>>
>>54233152
This guy has the right attitude, you should hire him for the job.

I personally have some great ideas about icon colors, they should be blue.

Also who is gonna handle the desktop wallpapers? it is beyond my skill level but i'm sure we can find one guy here that knows mspaint.

We should get some hackers too, they can make one of those matrix screensavers or find one on cnet and put it into our new OS.

Have we settled on the name?, it is pretty important and I don't see how the project could continue without the name.
>>
File: TRASHING_INTENSIFIES.gif (1 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
TRASHING_INTENSIFIES.gif
1 MB, 580x433
>yfw windows still uses 25 years old scripts
>>
>>54232705
>Why hasn't anyone released the Windows 10 source code to the wild? I mean seriously, it cannot be that difficult to hack Bill Gates and download it to a remote server and distribute from there. We did it with iCloud, we did it with Ashley Madison and those WHORES, why can't we do it with them?
nobody cares. linux is already open source and much better than winshit
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.