[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controller thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
What controller do you use /g/?

I need to buy a new one for Dark Souls
>>
Xbox one controller with wireless adapter
>>
>>54230156
Dual Shock 3 with BetterDS3

>>>/v/
>>54230156
Seriously fuck off to /v/
>>
1) This is /g/
2) Steam controller
>>
Custom painted, wired Xbox 360 controller because I'm autistic like that.
>>
gamecube
>>
>>54230156
I have two XBox 360 controllers. Plan on getting 2 more for my living room PC for game nights.
>>
>>54230382
to be fair, with the Steam controller's desktop profile you can use it on any program so it technically can be filed under technology and not just videogames. Though yes, controllers are for video games and OP should've asked this in /v/
>>
>>54230156
get an xbox one controller nigga
>>
>>54230156
XBOne Elite controller with the wireless adapter and rechargeable battery
>>
>>54230353
It's comfy
>>
>>54230156
I use an Xbox One controller wirelessly with the dongle. I also have a DS4 I use for certain games but the Xbone wins with a landslide of just how comfy and good it is.

>>54230818
With Controller Companion any xinput controller can be used for any program even the desktop. You can even set up special bindings for certain programs.
>>
Go to /v/.
Steam controller and couple logitech F310.
Works perfectly with GNU+Linux.
>>
>>54232495
>Gaming on GNU+Linux

Laughing every laugh
>>
>>54232533
>Plaing games on OS that rapes you.
It kinda takes out the enjoynment from playing games if using OS is a pain.
>>
>>54232555
>not making a Winblows partition exclusively for vidya

I run [spoiler]Arch[/spoiler] myself on my laptop but I would never run games on that partition
>>
>>54232591
Oh fuck me spoilers dont work here
>>
Steam controller is nice. Lack of a second thumb stuck is a mixed blessing, sometimes the track pad makes me want to kill myself, like before Gwyn does.
>>
>>54230353
The bumpers are hinged now instead of buttons, Microsoft fucked the design so hard up the ass with that one little change. You can't keep your whole finger on the bumper anymore, you need to click them from the edge. So fucking annoying.

That said,
360 > Juan
In terms of controllers
>>
File: sony_bravia_tv_2015_4.jpg (2 MB, 4592x2584) Image search: [Google]
sony_bravia_tv_2015_4.jpg
2 MB, 4592x2584
Can someone identify this controller please? And the game on the TV looks familiar too, I think I've played it on my phone.
>>
>>54232555
>Windows
>Pain to use
Are you legitimately a retard
>>
>>54230156
Honestly I'm still questing for a good controller. Trying to shove 2D and 3D controls into one device always fucks one over. Only one that really puts 3D control as a priority is the Wii U Pro...which has no analogue on the triggers ruining it for half the genre you would want sticks for.

Pick whatever feels comfy to you. Sega was the king of controllers and they are dead as shit, we may never have the ideal.
>>
>>54232652
why would we spoon feed you if you are too retarded to google the brand of the controller clearly shown
>>
>>54232754
Where's the brand shown?
>>
>>54232791
get off this board you dense fucker
>>
>>54230156
I flip between a steam controller, an xbone controller, and a 360 controller depending on what's closer to me and whether I'm playing couch multiplayer games or not. I love my steam controller the most, but for most games it's too tedious to configure to make it work perfectly.
>>
>>54232791
It says "ASUS" in pale lettering near the top of the controller.
>>
>>54230156
/v/
>>
wheres the dpad on the steam controller
>>
>>54232960
>missing that d-pad cross on the left trackpad
>>
>>54230156
steam controller has the worst build quality of any controller i've ever owned, and that includes some logitech junk from the 90s as well as some chinese gamecube controller clones i got for $9.
>>
>>54230156
360 is the mustrad race.
Bought an xbox juan controller and I sent it back, because it wasn't as comfy.
I have a PS4 and the controller is so fucking small, but dat Uncharted4 and Nier 2.
>>
steam controller is absolute shit. i bought one for DS3 and it literally doesn't work out of the box. had to mess with tons of settings just to get my character to move.

got an xbox one controller w/ wireless and everything is flawless.
>>
>>54232647
>You can't keep your whole finger on the bumper anymore
Maybe if you have babby hands.
>>
>>54230530
>multiple controllers for pc
For what game(s)? Serious question.
>>
Both of these were basically free.

They're both made from keyboard boxes.
The joystick and buttons were all spares from friends/brother.
The plastic I used to cover them was left over from covering my motorcycle.
>>
>>54230156
Steam controller

Never liked a controller before, this one is alright
>>
>>54234689
Can someone tell me some couch multiplayer games for PC?
>>
File: 1458104142460.jpg (359 KB, 1280x1001) Image search: [Google]
1458104142460.jpg
359 KB, 1280x1001
>>54232625
This.
>>
>>54230156

Xbox One controller with xpadder/Pinnacle. Hate Microsoft, but this is still the best controller ever invented.

I've read the steam controller feels cheap so waiting for 2.0 to come out. By then, Steam should have fine-tuned the settings.
>>
Don't get a steam controller for souls. The shoulder buttons are too mushy for it.
360 controller all the way.
>>
>>54230156
Keyboard & mouse ftw
seriously, every controller I've used, half an hour max and my hands hurt
>>
>>54234511
How retarded are you?
It takes about a second to load the controller profile that from provided.
It works out the box.
It's like saying dark souls doesn't work out of the box because you need to launch the game.
>>
>>54230156
Logitech g13 left hand pad plus some wow mouse that is just ok but has comfortably placed extra buttons
>>
>>54236089
Hey bruh, the steam controller is absolute shit.
>>
Also have a hydra if I feel like spending an hour or so setting it up just right for each game
>>
Xbox one controller + Steam controller.

I prefer the xbox one, but the steam controller is nice to have for games that don't fully support controller input.
>>
>>54232647
They were always hinges
>>
>>54230156
I have the Xbox Elite- , the wii u pro- , the steam-, the ds4 and the xbox 360 controller and i play with the ds4.
think xbox one controller is shit
>>
>>54236111
so extremely retarded then. thanks for being honest
>>
DualShock 3 with ScpServer
>>
I use a Wii U Pro controller (best controller ever made) with a Mayflash wireless adapter for PC/PS3.
>>
I can see the advantage of the right track pad over a controller as it's more accurate for aim based games. The issue I have with the controller is that I don't play these games with a controller anyway. For the games I play with controllers normally I would prefer a right analog stick. Wish valve would have released two versions of the controller because other than this one issue the software for the controller is FUCKING outstanding
>>
>>54237562
You could just have the trackpad emulate a stick
>>
Based DS4 with InputMapper
>>
File: 1460575940917.jpg (48 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1460575940917.jpg
48 KB, 400x343
>>54236828
>ScpServer

Tried that and every time the rumble triggers the gamepad gets completely stuck and doesn't react anymore for like 20 seconds.
Wiki says to press the reset button on the pad to make that go away but it doesn't help.
>>
>>54237709
>emulate analog stick on a trackpad
Wow...the retard levels here.
>>
How the fuck do I get my right joystick to control the camera in DSII??
I'm using x360ce on a Logitech controller, but dark souls keeps reading my bottom right stick as strong attacks
>>
>>54230156
DS4 for racing and DMC, Extreme 3D Pro for flight games
>>
>>54238125
Have you ever USED the Steam controller?
>>
The steam controller is a joke. It's well known for its shit build quality, doesn't have a d pad. And a trackpad on the right instead of an analog stick? No, thanks, if I wantes to play first person shooters I'd use a keyboard and a mouse.
>>
>>54234689
>>54235764
Emulators. I have every emulator up to the Nintendo Wii. There's also Rocket League and Bro Force which are very entertaining.
>>
>>54238735
Build quality is fine, and the trackpad d-pad is great.

The trackpad on the right is also very good, it just takes a lot more skill to use than a regular joystick. Once you learn it, it's very accurate.

You need to find the right games to play it with. Racing games work great, you can even use it like a wheel.
For third person shooters like max payne it's also awesome.
>>
>>54235764
Risk of Rain supports local co-op.

Breddy gud game, even if it does that typical "modern 8-bit retro game" graphics style.
Plays like a Mega Man roguelike.
>>
File: steam-controller-1-970-80.jpg (33 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
steam-controller-1-970-80.jpg
33 KB, 970x545
>>54238803
How is the trackpad d pad great? The buttons look so "inside" the controller I doubt small handed people like me can use it. Also, the handles at the bottom should be curving towards the opposite side like any other controller not towards you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
I have a Steam controller. It has its advantages and drawbacks.

For one, the button placement is awkward, and overall the controller feels small. The grip buttons are a pain in the ass.

The good points are how it's insanely configurable, You can map any fucking thing on the controller, and even add on-screen menus, which is pretty amazing.

Also, you can download per-configured mappings posted by other gamer, if someone took the time make and post a custom configuration.

They need to make controller more economical, and redesign the button layout to get it out of 6/10 rating imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJW2IzsUs6g
>>
>>54239048
I like the strobe flashing at the end. Seems pro tier.
>>
>>54230156
Steam controller for third person games
DS4 + DS4Windows for anything that needs a controller that isn't shit without precision aiming
Logitech Driving Force GT for driving games
MKB for shootan/MMO games
>>
>>54238985
It's just very large and has great feedback.
My hands aren't very big either, but I reach the buttons easily.

You're right about the handles, it's not very comfortable for me. Reminds me of the xbox duke in the hand. Supposedly the inward curve is better for your thumbs, but I get hotspots in my palms because of it.

I bought the controller just because it was different. Most of the things that people don't like about it aren't "wrong", just not what we're use to. The biggest problem for me are the shoulder buttons. The depth of travel is really short, and the pull is very heavy so it's just not very satisfying or positive.
But the trigger buttons, and grip buttons are excellent. The two stage trigger is very good, every controller should have that.

It's great for casual games, or top down games imo. I don't use it for something like souls or first person shooters. But I used it for mad max and it was a dream. The motion controls are very fun for driving games
>>
>>54238063 again

Tried installing everything from scratch to see what could've gone wrong last time and now it works.

Weird.

Also
>>54238840
Just checked on Risk of Rain and it actually does support 4 player local co-op.
>>
>>54230156
Wired 360 controller I got for $20. Not so much for games but as a remote control.
>>
>>54238604
With all honesty, no.
But I like the stick cause it's physical. Something real on my hand. You can't emulate that. For the same reason I use phone with buttons while driving or working.
>>
>>54235764
mkke, borderlands, fifa...
>>
>>54238790
Can you recommend,ley's say 4, kind sir. Something you can just pick up and play, no learning curve. (No kart games).
>>
>>54240249
Just do Mario Party if you really want something that is more luck than skill. That's what you're asking. No learning curve = no skill. Dolphin for Gamecube/Wii emulation, and I actually use Retroarch cores for pretty much everything else except PS2.
>>
File: 1459014380181.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1459014380181.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
/g/ of all places has a better vidya thread then /v/
>>
>>54230156
>>>/v/

Video games are for man children
>>
>>54240307
Ok. Skill would be nice. But I don't want anybody (me) to have advantice when m8s come over.
>>
>>54240355
And tripfags are for fags
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>54240407
I'm a widely respected and loved tech expert newfag

Go back to watching Pewdiepie and crying about video game journalism you man child, this board is for adults
>>
>>54240407
Tripcodes,but still kys
>>
File: 1460912238867.png (24 KB, 800x384) Image search: [Google]
1460912238867.png
24 KB, 800x384
>>54240458
>>
how do we rid ourselves of the /v/irgin manchildren who infest this board?

fuck off with your children's toys. seriously. no adult cares. its like you tools never want a gf.
>>
>>54240355
>tripfag
>calling anyone else manchildren
Attention whoring is for children.
>>
i want the gamergate audience to go and stay go

didn't you crybabies make your own website to cry on and said you were never coming back? fuck off already why are you still here.
>>
File: STRATUS-XL-Controller.jpg (80 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
STRATUS-XL-Controller.jpg
80 KB, 736x550
Needed a bluetooth controller for my GearVR, use it on PC as well when I need it.
>>
>>54240160
The only thing the steam controller needs is a stick on DPAD attachment.

Every other problem I have with it is software bound, In that a game will have some really stupid software limitation that I can't completely work around through configuration.

>>54239505
Souls and FPS actually work pretty great on it in my experience. Though it depends on the game.

Souls is the first game where the emulated mouse > joystick really seemed to work well, though I'm pretty sure the new games can just do straight up mouse support.

I play Doom with it all the time, with the Gyro it works pretty well. Accuracy is probably lower than mouse, but it lets you aim generally fast like a mouse, instead of waiting for your character to spin.

I'm sure some pro/autist could adapt and use muscle memory to compete on the level of MKB users in arena shooters or CS if they spent alot of time with it.
>>
>>54240489
Linux is a children's toy and /g/ fucking loves it.
>>
File: photo_2016-04-26_22-04-34.jpg (6 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-04-26_22-04-34.jpg
6 KB, 250x176
>>54240517
>Steelseries
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.