[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the left: a cultured, informed, politically active and socially-minded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: stallmanylinus.jpg (688 KB, 1324x820) Image search: [Google]
stallmanylinus.jpg
688 KB, 1324x820
On the left: a cultured, informed, politically active and socially-minded thinker who influenced a generation and changed computer science.

On the right. some code-monkey who wrote a tiny piece of the first guy's operating system but somehow got famous because he's a loudmouth.
>>
what purpose
>>
>>54226738

Because rms is a genius and he deserves an appreciation thread.

There's been a lot of rms and GNU bashing threads lately here, so getting the record straight is important.
>>
>>54226674
On the left: Greek philosopher genius.

On the right: smart Aryan superman.

It's GNU+Linux, not GNUvsLinux, dumbass. Anyone engaging in flame wars on this topic is either a shill or an idiot.
>>
>>54226965
>Aryan

LOL NO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_Aryan#To_the_Finns
>>
>>54226674
Linus did not write any part of the kernel. It was "ghost written" which means other people wrote it but he got the credit for having some bullshit bureaucratic position and complete control over the kernel project. It's similar to how a biography is ghost written as opposed to an autobiography which is self written.
>>
File: 4L_uotYsnP3.jpg (60 KB, 606x406) Image search: [Google]
4L_uotYsnP3.jpg
60 KB, 606x406
>>54226674
Which one slams more pussy on the regs? Rms or linus?
>>
File: 1396094331896.jpg (59 KB, 800x604) Image search: [Google]
1396094331896.jpg
59 KB, 800x604
>>54227017
Aryan concept of superman, not racial Aryan, which nobody sane cared about ever.
>>
>>54227017
He's a swedish speaking finn though which makes him the masterman by default, he was born to win the game
>>
>>54227093
Lol did his mom write it or what?
>>
>>54227123
3rd one from the right for a quick fuck
None for marriage
All of them for possible murder candidates
>>
>>54226868
>Genius
I can't believe someone saying that in a non-ironic way.
>>
>>54226674
>Linus
>loudmouth.
I'd just like to interject for a moment........
>>
>>54227256
GNU/Loudmouth
>>
>>54226674
Politically Stallman is just an useful idiot
>>
On the left: A fucking commie who never, ever wrote an original program, or even a small fraction of his so called operating system (collection of userland garbage)

Stallman didn't even write emacs. Emacs was guy steele's idea. Stallman helped. Gosling made a clone for unix. Stallman cloned the clone because he was commie butthurt. Then gosling declared emacs shit, and said that we should all switch to intellij.

had stallman never written anything at all

>we would be using linux with other clones of unix standard tools

On the right: Someone who accomplished something and wrote important programs that the world would be worse off without

Had linus not written anything

>we would be using a shit BSD and a shit VCS like hg
>>
>>54227511
>had linus not written anything we would be using BSD
How's that a bad thing?
>>
>>54226674
on the left: dedicated man of principles fighting for the freedom of the people in the technological age

on the right: a smug sellout IT guy
>>
>>54227587

BSD doesn't protect your freedoms, anon.
>>
>>54227607
>fighting
... doing what exactly? Selling t-shirts and stickers?
>>
>>54227587
BSD is traditionalist garbage that will never get cool stuff like /proc, /sys, and systemd

Linux is a bastion of technological advancement
>>
>>54227681

>all that shit

Thank FSM we'll never have that fucking rubbish!

Meanwhile, we got ZFS. Stay mad, Lincuck.
>>
>>54227761
>using 6000000tb RAM to store your loli
>no ECC RAM so loli gets corrupted
>you go to jerk off but severe data corruption has turned your loli into gay furry
>BSD user is okay with this

Also, BSD does have /proc as an option, just not /sys.
>>
>>54227637
Selling T shirts for the very selective application of marxist principles to data.

He's a fucking quack.

>DATA IS FREE
>but only if it's software
>and, the source and the binary are the same thing! so, give up the source!
>we make exceptions for art.
>>
>>54227123

dude, that pussy must stink like swiss cheese
>>
>>54226674
They're both terrible people who have harmed the computing landscape.

These two men on the other hand, have worked tirelessly to program, review, document and support a true FREE descendent of real Unix.
They have laboured their entire professional lives to promote FREEDOM, not communist restrictive licenses that hogtie the programmer and abscond with code.
>>
>>54227761
Leenicks also has ZFS support so what's your point?

>>54227863
:vP
>>
>>54227123
i want to fuck the 2 on the right real hard
>>
>>54228257
Well yes and no, it really doesn't according to your man RMS - who is right now considering whether to sue Canonical for supporting software.

That's right, for simply allowing ZFS packages to exist in their repos and providing user support for them, FSF is considering SUING canonical.

Talk about 'freedom'
>>
>>54227017
I don't understand this, Hitler was arguebly sub-human in appearance. If anyone was an honorary Aryan it was him.
>>
>>54228393
>your man rms
Where in my post???? Implying ??

Also yea I know about the ZFS scandal and I think it's silly and dumb
>>
>>54228406
>GNU and Linux shills so utterly buttblasted they have to resort to discussing Hitler because they can't debate the present facts on RMS and Torvalds being harmful figures.

De'Raadt did nothing wrong.
>>
>>54228452
This thread is the epitome of shit and does not belong on /g/. I found the aryan comment more interesting.
>>
>>54226674
Don't recognize either of these pasty, obese, subhuman crackers.
>>
>>54228557
>cracker
Stallman is a jew m8
>>
rms lost all of his credibility when he went on the Alex Jones show ranting and raving about some revolution that hasn't happened yet and probably never will.
>>
>>54227123
Linus is married, so RMS
>>
>>54227511
Didn't Stallman write gcc?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.