[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New iPhone ad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: onion-06.jpg (306 KB, 1759x1874) Image search: [Google]
onion-06.jpg
306 KB, 1759x1874
we post-ironic now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=2gHeBVyqJRo
>>
>>54224434
GAF, as usual.
>>
>>54224434
ONIONS

HAVE

L A Y E R S
A
Y
E
R
S bitch
>>
>>54224434
Contrived as fuck,in a safe,friendly,way.Hard to believe someone was paid for this shit.
>>
24 days too late, would have been a great premiere on April 1st
>>
>WE HAVE 4K! SOMETHING NEW THAT TOTALLY HASN'T EXISTED FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS ON OTHER SMARTPHONES
>>
Eh, it was a fun ad.
>>
>>54224574
Nowhere in the ad does it make that claim, and as far as I know nowhere has Apple even made that claim.

Who are you quoting? /g/ tries too hard with the Apple stuff sometimes
>>
lol so randumb xd
>>
>>54224434
Not a bad video. It's the most limp-wristed satire I've ever seen, but it's well-made and actually funny.

It doesn't make me want to buy an iPhone, though. It says nothing about the phone. It's pure lifestyle branding, which I've always found obnoxious.
>>
>>54224604
They are hyping 4K as if it's something special. It isn't. It's not at all unusual for a flagship these days.

And it's not like 4K is actually good for anything. Apple rightly criticized the Megahertz Myth, but now they are promoting the Megapixel Myth.
>>
>>54224691
You're right, they should add new features and not advertise them?

4k is great for YouTube and Facebook, and for normies that's all they need
>>
File: 1411980587928.jpg (27 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1411980587928.jpg
27 KB, 279x304
>Apple silently promoting that women belong int he kitchen
>>
>>54224434
>shoots in 4k
>screen isn't even close to that resolution
>>
File: actually laughed.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
actually laughed.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>That's pottery.
>>
>>54224840
You're right, while we're at it lets limit our cameras to 4 megapixels
>>
>>54224434
>ywn have an autistic millenial daughter who films you while cooking

What's the best technology for ending it all?
>>
>>54224755
>You're right, they should add new features and not advertise them?
They should acknowledge they exist, but they should not hype them up as if they're revolutionary. 4K is common and not that useful.
>>
>>54224840
thats the dumbest shit i ever heard
>>
>>54224755
>4k is great for YouTube and Facebook
That's full blown retarded
>>
4k is actually really nice on a 4k display

Idk wtf you niggers are complaining about
>>
>>54225363
YouTube supports 4k video and has for years, and downscaling high quality video to lower resolutions always gives improvements over recording a master video at for example 720p

I know you don't like Apple and all but there's no reason to be legit retarded about it
>>
>>54225289
>4K is common

No it isn't.
>>
i refuse to watch this shit
>>
Nice try Tim Cook and Marketing crew.
>>
iPhone, it's like an onion you can play with outside
>>
>>54225462
Your sacrifice will be remembered for years.
>>
>>54225441
>YouTube supports 4k video and has for years, and downscaling high quality video to lower resolutions always gives improvements over recording a master video at for example 720p
Except it doesn't with the shit bitrates they record at
It's better to record at the highest resolution possible, if you can keep your master lossless, but no current commodity hardware does that, in such cases it's better to encode the downscaled video at the same bitrate you would had encoded the 4K one
>>
>>54225515
>Arguing for Lossless Video on a phone
Who's full blown retarded again

Either way I still don't see a possible way a 4k video downscaled to 1080/720 YouTube could look worse than higher bitrate 720p, unless the 4k video is extremely starved and loses all detail in the first place. Considering the size requirements of 4k video it's stupid unlikely it does so, and you're doing very little to prove it.
>>
>>54225593
>arguing for 4k on a phone

>Either way I still don't see a possible way a 4k video downscaled to 1080/720 YouTube could look worse than higher bitrate 720
1080p would look much better than starved 4K, if Youtube doesn't mangle the 1080p video
>unless the 4k video is extremely starved and loses all detail in the first place. Considering the size requirements of 4k video it's stupid unlikely it does so, and you're doing very little to prove it.
Which it does, since Youtube is retarded, and the original video is already recorded at relatively low bitrate

This is the decent SD encode vs completely blurred Yify 1080p all over again
>>
>>54225735
>4k is bad if Apple does it
>1080p would look better if YouTube didn't compress it
So if YouTube strangles the video at any resolution why does this even matter?
A downscaled 4k video is still going to compress better than an original 1080p video, unless you can somehow prove 4k on an iPhone looks worse than 1080p.
it's not like the iPhone has a swath of compression and bitrate options.

It's hardly comparable to YIFY.
>>
>>54225821
>So if YouTube strangles the video at any resolution why does this even matter?
Youtube wouldn't recompress the 1080p at the bitrates the iPhone records
>A downscaled 4k video is still going to compress better than an original 1080p video, unless you can somehow prove 4k on an iPhone looks worse than 1080p.
It won't, the original 4K already has compression artifacts, which are exaggerated by the downscaling
>>
>>54225893
Can you actually prove this?
>>
File: 1456078733009.jpg (47 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
1456078733009.jpg
47 KB, 493x342
>Comments are disabled for this video.
>>
>>54225496
iphone is so good you have to laugh and cry at the same time
>>
File: giphy.gif (882 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
882 KB, 400x267
>>54224574
>>54224691
>>54224840
>>54225289

Maybe if you autists spent time outside of /g/ you would realise that more than 90% of people either don't know what 4k is or think that it just means super duper high quality video.

The onion ad takes the normies' favourite pasttime and primary use of their smartphones, taking pictures and videos of stupid shit, and tells them "If you take these videos with the 4k iphone camera then everyone will love it. You don't even have to try!" Apple have made an ad that equates 4k with video that looks amazing no matter what the subject is - nevermind that 30 seconds of 4k video will fill up the 16GB base model of the phone.

While its not an amazing ad, if you actually think its shit and Apple shouldnt have wasted money on it then considered killing yourself. I just cant wait for the circlejerk and calls for "ad of the century" here when the inevitable Samsung ad that mocks onions is posted next week.
>>
>>54224434
That's a pretty decent ad.

>>54224840
That's a pretty dumb comment.
>>
>>54227638
Yeah, it's an ad made by a company to sell a product to normies. And it will work, even though 4K has been around for years, because your average braindead chucklefuck won't know that. He won't research the product he's interested in before buying it or compare it to alternatives. He'll just be swayed by the ad and buy.

THAT'S what's wrong. That's what makes me sick, and that's why I hate Apple. I don't want to be associated with normies or big companies who sell products to them.
>>
>>54224434
Holy shit I don't think Steve would have approved. Looks like a Windows commercial t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfqw8nhUwA
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.