[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest: Why do you hate Macs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Mac_Tag_Girl_by_Lumac.jpg (137 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Mac_Tag_Girl_by_Lumac.jpg
137 KB, 1440x900
I program on my mac and love the UI. What is /g/'s hate towards them?
>>
>>54221485
I don't hate Macs, I love my rMBP.
>>
>>54221485
Because my mom ignored my technical advice and instead bought a Macbook that my sister recommended. Now I feel threatened in my role as the main technical advisor in the family.
>>
>>54221485
>throttling and overheating
>laptop components at desktops
>weak hardware
>way too highly priced for what it is
>locks you too much into apple's ecosystem

>inb4 hurr durr poorfag
Why would I spend money on something I don't need nor want?
>>
>>54221525
can't relate enough
>>
>>54221485
Overpriced slow piece of shit for retarded hipster and idiots
>>
>>54221564
Macfag here... being honest. What is a better laptop? Not trollin here.
>>
>>54221527
>unreachablegrapes.webP
>>
11 inch macbook air 1.5 GHZ and integrated GPU NO RETINA
1099 Canadian Dollars.

It's basically a netbook, costing as much as an old car. What the fuck. I can get a thinkpad that is twice as powerful and 12.5 inches for under 300 dollars used. A used macbook is always almost as much as new because macfags are insufferable.
>>
File: MCOTM_11_11_Katelynn_Denis_081.png (321 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
MCOTM_11_11_Katelynn_Denis_081.png
321 KB, 640x960
>>
>>54221485
It's shit made for tech illiterates. This is a tech board. Go figure
>>
>>54221635
>can't even spell webm properly
>thinks that having $1000-2000 to spare makes him rich
>also a macfag

Color me surprised.
>>
>Overpriced
>Proprietary
>>54221635
Fuck off
>>
I can't hate it because it keeps the tech-illiterate non-devs on Windows
>>
The hacker ethic includes frugality. If you're going to spend extra, it better do more or be otherwise better. At one point in Apple's history, this was probably true but it has not been true since. Stop wasting your money, using proprietary babby windowing system, and looking like a faggot.
>>
>>54221730
Both things I liked about Sun, still like them today.
>>
>>54221527
lol mine never runs the fan unless i crank my games up to retarded settings and even then not loud.
>>
>>54221485
The numerous class action lawsuits that were required to make them acknowledge that they were using substandard parts for pretty much everything.

Just waiting on the iPhone 6 class action for the touch IC being shit.
>>
>>54221485
P R I C E. I Guarantee your parents bought your mac for you, so you should love it.
>>
>>54221525
I swear there's a rule that says you have to be 18
>>
>>54222081
>Gaming
>On mac
Nice laptop performance bruh on your imac
Nice integrated graphics on your $1299 macbook
>>
>>54222172
>Nice integrated graphics on your $1299 macbook
Not the best, but works well enough
>>
>>54221485
Because are expensive. They are only for people of certain level of income. So fuck you apple.
>>
>>54221485
It has a bad ui
Also bad components
Also moronic build
Also high prices
Also incredibly shitty circlejerk culture of people who buy them.

Congratulations on your poor taste though, maybe after you stop shilling your moronic on this text board where nobody agrees with you but the idiots who made the same mistake, you'll be able to move on from life and realize that nobody cares what laptop you use around here and that the only reason you get so much flack for having one is because you go out of your way to make it clear you own one.
>>
>>54221485
I can't afford one at the moment and I'm bitter about it. That's why honestly.
>>
>>54222223
So close.
>>
For me it's personal experience. I grew up in a Mac family and was a Mac user for a long time. I finally got fed up with how shitty OS X was on my G4 PowerBook. Shortly after that, they announced the switch to x86 and I realized that PPC Macs sucked because Apple didn't care to support them anymore. I built a Windows PC for less money than I got from selling the PowerBook and it was so much faster. I could finally play games and choose my own hardware and software.

All of Apple's actions since then, especially since Jobs died, have just been further confirmation that I made the right choice.
>>
>>54221485
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1460913727580.jpg (168 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
1460913727580.jpg
168 KB, 1280x896
>>54221485
People act like they are the god emperor of computers when its just an overpriced computer with a shiny case. Honestly I wouldn't be nearly as hostile towards them if I didn't have to put up with annoying macfags everyday in college and on /g/,
>>
File: 4.jpg (45 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
45 KB, 600x470
>>54221485
Price to performance, non upgradeability, the ecosystem thing, and lacking certain windows only programs. Tat being said, if you have the money and don't care about any of that stuff then power to you. I'll stick with winblows and loonix.
>>
>>54221485
Most of /g/ don't dev so they don't know how friendly a *nix-based system is. Bash, for one, is so smooth on it. It's absolute tripe on Windows
>>
>>54222081
>never runs the fan unless i crank my games up to retarded setting

I had to use my cousin's macbook to watch a video on youtube some time ago. I also had to place it on my lap because of the lack of space and it got annoyingly hot. Even the fans didn't help as it releases hot air from the gap at the bottom of the screen.

I can't even imagine doing anything remotely resource heavy on macs. They are good as browsing machines but not really worth the price.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.