[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happens if I get a software patent over a product solution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1460753309138.jpg (394 KB, 576x764) Image search: [Google]
1460753309138.jpg
394 KB, 576x764
what happens if I get a software patent over a product solution I am planning to develop for mobile?

How do I enforce google and apple to take down all clones?

freetards don't need to reply with their comunist garbage that make programmers to starve on the street.
>>
>>54217474
>software patent
You could consider suicide.

We're all just going to pirate it, anyway.
>>
>>54217474
Isn't software copyrighted, not patented?
>>
>>54217504
fuck off commie dumbass.

>pirate it
who the fuck makes money over dumb poorfags users?

I'm not making this shit for poor shitty users dumbass.
>>
File: 1383830605644.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1383830605644.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>54217474
>software patent
>>
>>54217504
TOP KEK

/Thread
>>
>>54217519
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patent

>>54217539
>I lack creativity
>>
>>54217546
>corporations and institutions pirate software
kek dumbass

neets pls stop posting.
>>
>>54217519
You can patent certain things. Namco had a patent on loading screen minigames until recently, and Square Enix had a patent on their battle system.
>>
>>54217474
About that picture, the car at the top probably isn't tracking you while the one at the bottom is definitely tracking you so freedom wins, fag
>>
>>54217474
Firstly, you copywrite code. You don't actually patent it.

Secondly, you do the legwork yourself, and you sue people who clone the software if you can manage to track them down (good luck).

Here's what you need to do if you wanna get paid: Develop the software, and then SELL IT to someone who can deal with the nightmare of the legal process for you. You get a lump sum payout (and maybe a job), and then it's not your concern anymore.
>>
>>54217549
That wikipedia article explains that software isn't patentable in most of the world. Where do you live?
>>
>>54217474
Just ask your team of lawyers how to do it.
>>
>>54217574
my question is about forcing google to take down clones.
acording to the definition of the patent law, you can patent algorithms that fit the criteria for patents.

>>54217570
fuck off commie.

>>54217585
the only country that matters is the US.
>>
>>54217565
That's retarded. The EU and Russia pretty much ban software patenting.

Software is just math, and math isn't patentable.
>>
File: 1458382562740.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1458382562740.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>>54217561
>Developed for mobile
>corporations and institutions

Lad you sure missed /b/
>>
File: 1403049555979.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1403049555979.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>54217549
>I lack creativity
You, on the other hand, are planning to spend your creativity on tracking and reporting people who pirate your shitty cuckware.
>>
>>54217474
You can't, because 'pre-exsisting art', ie the pre-existing clones will rule your patent invalid.
>>
>>54217594
>the only country that matters is the US.
Israel?
>>
>>54217594
>the only country that matters is the US.

The US has retarded patent laws. Your idea might not be non-obvious enough to be patented anyway.
>>
>>54217474
I love how people started using this joke image seriously.

Closed sourcers are just so sad
Get memed on
>>
>>54217613
>employees of a corporation can't use smartphones for their bussiness operation

>>54217624
good luck making a profit when everyone can clone your github dumbass.

>>54217638
there's no preexisting clone.
I already made a search on the mobile stores, there's none.

>>54217644
It's an idea for handicapped people and helping a certain type of dissability people.
It's not meant for the average fa/g/
>>
>>54217594
>my question is about forcing google to take down clones.

And my answer remains the same. You ether get an army of lawyers who bill you hourly to scour the internet for copies, at which point, they can attempt to sue those parties (presuming they are in jurisdiction of your nation's law, or live in a nation that respects the law), OR you can just sell it (usually for an valuation of what it is worth over the next 2 years) and leave it in someone else's hands.

For example, let's say you developed a better AutoCAD. You can't sue google for linking to the pirate bay, where people can download it for free. You can't even get google to take down the link to thepiratebay (or else it would have already been done).

Without registration keys/codes, your software is going to be free to anyone who wants it. With registration keys/codes (as well as a limited number of uses per code), it doesn't matter how many people download it, because only a select number of people can use it for each code available.

A good example of this is Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Word. You can only use each code a couple of times, so it doesn't matter that a million people downloaded it illegally, unless they each have a code from another user (and abuse of codes results in the code being black listed).

If you can't even wrap your head around this, you're off to a really bad start.
>>
>>54217656
>Patenting something for people with disabilites

How, what a horrible piece of shit you are.
>>
File: ue.jpg (36 KB, 612x336) Image search: [Google]
ue.jpg
36 KB, 612x336
> software patents
> no privacy laws
> corporations are people
> mfw
>>
>>54217661
I'm not talking about piracy dumbass.

I'm talking about other software developers making clones.

learn to read.

>>54217677
I'm not a commie scum.
I believe in capitalism.
>>
>>54217679
who gives a shit about non USA nations?
>>
>>54217681
>I'm talking about other software developers making clones.
Great. Hire a team of lawyers who bill you hourly, or scour the internet for clones, find one, and THEN hire a lawyer to sue them. Google doesn't enter the equation, unless Google is the one cloning your software.
>>
>>54217681
;^)
>>
>>54217656
>smartphones for their bussiness operation
How much do you get sanctioned per month, basement dwelling NEET?
>>
>>54217693
cool, but don't google has a process for taking down illegal apps?

>>54217701
nigger, I'm talking about a mobile app to help a certain type of disable people to perform a certain type of activity.

dumbass.
>>
The Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust takes a matter of seconds to refill while the Tesla takes an hour to put 22 miles of range in the batteries from a normal outlet and even a fast charger takes a full hour to get 300 miles of range. Also, the Tesla only has 2 seats in the front and the Hammerhead has 3. Finally, a new Tesla battery costs $12k while the Hammerhead battery pack costs a mere $100.

In short, you'd be a lunatic to buy the Tesla.
>>
>>54217656
>good luck making a profit when everyone can clone your github dumbass.
That's fine. I don't peddle proprietary software like a flea market gypsy.

>>54217715
>nigger, I'm talking about a mobile app to help a certain type of disable people to perform a certain type of activity.
Can it help you get back to >>>/b/ ?
>>
>>54217474
https://www.teslamotors.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54217715
>cool, but don't google has a process for taking down illegal apps?
Burden is on you to prove that it is an illegal app, which requires going to court, as google doesn't check the records of copywrite or patents. They don't check anything on their store. They aren't a closed garden, like Apple.

Why are you even coming to /g/ for this kind of advice? Talk to a lawyer.
>>
>>54217715
>I'm talking about a mobile app to help a certain type of disable people to perform a certain type of activity.

Wow pro tier goal post moving skills right there you unemployed faggot
>>
>>54217728
can you answer the question?

>it's morally wrong to seek protection of your work and ideas
>I work for free

>>54217740
cool.
will do.
>>
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/software-engineer/a-developers-guide-to-copyright-and-trademark-in-google-play/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.