[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"stolen" phone...fml. Fuck you AT&T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
So, this Christmas my father gave me his Galaxy S5 Active since he decided to switch from AT&T to Sprint. Only just now was able to get a card for it, and it only worked for an hour. Called AT&T customer service, and it turns out he registered it as stolen (I'm assuming to get out of returning or having to pay for the phone).
Needless to say, I'm not out the $55 I paid for the simcard and plan, and have a fucking brick that only works over wifi. Is there any way to get around this? Rooting perhaps? Help. I can't afford a new phone.
>>
>>54215075
Your father is the one you should be saying "fuck you" to in this scenario.
>>
>>54215075
Give it back Jamal.
>>
>>54215125
Fair enough. Yeah, fuck him. Contacted him about it, kinda just said "oh well"
Thanks for nothing, fucker
>>
>>54215075
If the phone is unlocked you may be able to activate it on T-Mobile or another GSM carrier, but it'll never work on AT&T again. Maybe if your dad calls them and says he recovered it, but then he'd likely be on the hook to pay for it again.

So basically enjoy your Android iPod Touch.
>>
>>54215134
Name is Chris actually, but still got a chuckle.
>>
>>54215146
Guess I'll look into unlocking the phone then. Never much liked AT&T anyway
>>
>>54215146
I'm assuming any "free" site asking for IMEI is bogus and I should avoid like the plague, right?
>>
>tfw your dad is Jamal
>>
>>54215075
Show your skin color with timestamp and the phone and I'll tell you how to unlock the bootloader and have it flashed good as new.
>>
>>54215263
fucking this senpai
>>
I am also looking into it. Basically what you need to do is change the IMEI , for the past few days i've been trying to change the imei of my s6 edge from tmobile without luck.

So far i've gathered that the imeo is stored on eeprom , and apparently you need special hardware called boxes, z3x or octoplos or w.e. If someone knows how to change the imei of an s6 edge from tmobile please help me lol i have an extra imei i want to use on the s6 edge so that my phone works with metropcs. inb4 im a thief i stole the phone etc etc. So? I just want to cjange the imei. ..
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 469x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 469x640
>>
>>54215299
I feel like you just fucking raped my eyes...
>>
>>54215394
My bad. I was trying to type as fast as possible because the thread was just made and wanted the most ppl to notice my post.

Also, TWRP doesnt currently work for s6 edge T. :/
>>
>touchwizz
>>
File: _20160425_155528.jpg (639 KB, 2448x2023) Image search: [Google]
_20160425_155528.jpg
639 KB, 2448x2023
>>54215280
>>54215263
I'm not black enough to steal anything.
>>
>>54215470
Just hustle it on Craigslist like a normal person, then buy another used one with the same money.
>>
>>54215510
I mean, what are the odds they find me on craiglist?
>>
>>54215551
Who's going to find you? Use a VPN or tor to make a new email and make the post. Go to a neighboring town if you're super paranoid.

Or just eBay it to Canada or something, it won't be marked as stolen there.
>>
>>54215075
>getting cucked by your dad on a phone

Fucking pathetic
>>
>>54215606
If there is no other way to change the imei then i guess its time to scam ppl... lol
>>
>>54215263
White as a sheet. Happy?
>>
>>54215507
Give it back cletus
>>
>>54215507
give it back pajeet
>>
>>54215666
Wow...how the fuck it ended up flipping is beyond me. Go figure
>>
>>54215666
>666

Give it back Lucifer.
>>
>>54215666
Free it and use other carrier, in my country chinese store owners fo it for a couple eurodollars. You can also do it yourself

As for rooting it, installing roms, recoveries etc there are thousands of guides
>>
>>54215711
Yeah...not so common where I live lol
>>
>>54215684
>being this stupid,and believing if 666 is the number of lucifer
>>
The IMEI is blocked you thief
urfucked
>>
>>54215166
Blaming the carrier for something your father did. Good job senpai
>>
Post the IMEI and I'll take it from there
>>
>>54215075
Call and report it stolen.

Do this once a day for two days. Then start doing it twice a day for the two days. Then four times, then eight times, then sixteen times, etc..

Eventually they'll fold and remove the block on it.
>>
>>54216208
...wut? How does this work?
>>
>>54216200
>>
I was going to help you but then i noticed the zelda icon go fuck yourself faggot autist
>>
>>54215507
Give it back Sergio
>>
>>54216348
Lol don't lie. You were never going to help me
>>
Fuck it. Just going to save up for an M9 and be done with it
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.