[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm a CS major because it pays well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1461523318569.jpg (30 KB, 454x417) Image search: [Google]
1461523318569.jpg
30 KB, 454x417
>I'm a CS major because it pays well
>>
>>54211038
>>I'm a CS major because it pays
>>
>I'm a CS major because I like video games
>>
>I'm a CS major because I like doing HTML/CSS
>>
The reason I am doing CS is because sitting in front of a computer all day seems to be the only job I could do without killing myself.
I don't have much love for computers but I don't hate them either.
>>
>>54212134
t. autist
>>
>>54212164
Well yeah what did you expect?
>>
>>54211082
>I'm a CS major because I want to make games
>>
>>54211038
stop posting Ethan you faggot
>>
>>54212164
Please explain t. meme english not good me, sorry and tganks
>>
>>54212134
Same
>>
>>54211038
This thread gave me cancer.
>>
What reason is there to go STEM aside from money?

t. EE grad. All the disks in my classes who talked about their passion for the subjects were pretty much all weeded out by the end.
>>
>>54213579
this
I can't make a living playing guitar or skateboarding
so I chose something that somewhat interests me and can support my lifestyle
>>
>>54213579
I enjoy my work in STEM.

just because you're miserable studying something doesn't mean everyone is miserable studying that thing. don't be one of those autistic people who doesn't understand that everyone else has a different experience of the world than you.
>>
>>54211038
Bitch, my portfolio includes multiple commits to the Linux kernel, only a quarter of which were pulled, including two which were pulled by Linus himself.

On top of that, I have devoted an unheard of amount of time to working on the Coreboot project. And my LoC count nearly exceeds half that of Minecraft's (~150,000 for those counting).

While you spent your dwindling days in Discrete Maths IIVIX: Session WhatEverTheFuck-and-four-quarters with your thumbs up your arse, I was busy writing the very code on which your computer most likely now runs and thrives.

If I felt like it, I could easily cripple the kernel to panic on your machine, and your machine only. Trust me, Kid. I can reck your shit anywhere, anytime.

But, lucky you, I'm a generous and forgiving code God; I'll let your precious Gentoo box live... for now.

I have no advice to give you, because it's already too late: you've fallen for the college scam and are now helplessly in it's eternal clutches. All you can do now is watch as I gracefully steal all your job offerings, fuck the office bitches, and sit on a fat six-figure paycheck; while you jerk your tiny dick behind the BestBuy Geek Squad service counter, and suck dicks for Apple products.

Enjoy guzzling that ropey cum, CS cuck.
>>
>I'm a CS major because I'm not disciplined enough to learn the skills on my own
I'll admit it.

What major is /g/? When I decided to go to college instead of trade school or being a NEET, I figured I would major in something that make me develop skills to get a job, like CS (aside from self-teaching languages).

If you are interest in a career in CS, what other major should you be in college?
>>
>>54213725
>I could easily cripple the kernel to panic on your machine
Then why dont you patch it? oh cause you be a shit.
>>
>I'm a CS major
>>
Isn't this absolutely true in America? I heard people graduate and go into $120K Java jobs in no time.
>>
>>54213763
Just self teach. Self teaching is the best option as long as you aren't an idiot and are self-motivated.
>>
>>54214027
No degree no job.
>>
>>54214027
Oh I mostly agree, but what about my other question.

In my applications to internships, I've come across "higher level" positions that ask for degrees. What do you about that?

To me, it seems that if you combine the self-discipline of actually teaching yourself concepts and taking classes, you will be golden.
>>
>>54213725
is this a copypasta
>>
>>54211038
>I'm a CS major bacause I like computers
>>
>>54213763
Major

Computer Information Systems. Fuck programming for money. Just let me do sysadmin shit. I get to sit and do nothing 90% of the time by making sure I do net-installs during downtime, and not fucking shit up.

I'll do coding in my free time if I feel like it.
>>
>>54212134
Me too t᠎bh
>>
>>54211038
>cs major
>paying
lol
>>
>>54214036
>falling for the education meme
>>
File: 1448898216047.png (594 KB, 948x948) Image search: [Google]
1448898216047.png
594 KB, 948x948
>>54213579
Autism, memes aside high-functioning autists are supposedly better at IT work because of attention to detail.

>majoring in mechanical engineering
>my strongest points are programming, the purer math, and some electrical stuff
>least favorite classes are machine design and manufacturing, along with labs
>>
>I'm a CS major because I'm not smart enough to do a Stem major
>>
>>54211038
>because EE was too hard
>>
>>54215227
>I'm a CE major because EE was too hard and I'm too arrogant to do CS

Source: me to be honest
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.