[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know things like TOR, tails, etc. but how do I REALLY go off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Tor.png (373 KB, 1141x700) Image search: [Google]
Tor.png
373 KB, 1141x700
I know things like TOR, tails, etc. but how do I REALLY go off the grid? Student researcher, completely for legal purposes.
>>
feds have tor cracked.

go to a super dense urban area, buy a laptop with cash, use a cantenna to steal wifi a few blocks away, and pay cash for your room.
>>
>>54210562
You don't use the internet and get info/evidence whatever from people you trust in person.
>>
>>54210562
>how do I REALLY go off the grid
illegally live in a national park
>>
>>54210636

>national park

nothing national is truly private, they are littered with cameras and rangers, not to mention its common place for campers and the like
>>
>>54210562
>I REALLY go off the grid?

Throw out the computer, sell your home ????
>>
>>54210607
>feds have tor cracked
[Citation needed]
>>
>>54210562
>Student researcher

I research students too. Tor is great!
>>
Sell your computer, buy a guitar.
>>
>>54210562
by off the grid do you mean Top Security Browsing?
There are some OS builds that are developing the idea os a "Stateless PC" which is like a super tails OS build. I guess thats what you mean by Off the gird?
>>
>>54210787
>being this new
Fuck off summer
>>
>>54211680
What? My name's not Summer.
>>
>>54210607
>feds have tor cracked.
Take your FUD and blow it out your ass, detective.
>>
File: 1460387730162.png (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460387730162.png
32 KB, 512x512
>>54211890
Replace thread with post.
>>
>>54210787
>>54211937
http://thehackernews.com/2016/03/fbi-tor-browser-exploit.html
>>
>>54210562
Whonix over meshnet.
>>
>>54212570
Doesnt this exploit require Javascript to be enabled like a retard?
>>
File: tor.png (47 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
47 KB, 300x100
>>54210562
>>
>>54212570
>This particular case concerns Jay Michaud, one of the accused from Vancouver, Washington, who was arrested in last year after the FBI seized a dark web child sex abuse site and ran it from agency’s own servers for the duration of 13 days.
>>
Just access marianas web though the Astral using a merkaba, thats how to really go of the grid
>>
>>54212849
Assumption, if not.. [Citation needed]
>>
Is their NIT thing, and the browser exploit two different things??
>>
>>54210787
>there are people this uneducated browsing /g/

I knew there were a lot of retards spouting shit like how great win 10 is and how they dont need av because they have "common sense" but this is just the last straw.
>>
>>54213625
No it's not. It's not the last straw for anything. You're going to continue to do nothing.
>>
>>54213625
hit me up with a source of a real exploit. not this "yeah we took down this pizza website with this totally epic exploit we found in tor. tor's totally fucked guys" bullshit
>>
>>54213664
Nah, pretty sure I'm going to leave /g/. It isn't hard to do. I left /o/ a long time ago when I realized everyone was a a bunch of 15 year olds with no car, no mechanical knowledge or exeperience, and they were all just generally idiots. I left /b/ years ago after it became the same stupid fucking roll for waifu, xD post pics ur not supposed to share that i found offline that arent OC, dubs, etc bullshit. It's not hard.

>>54213672
Does it look like I have time to spoonfeed you like a fucking baby? It's not my fault you werent made aware of actual fucking common knowledge for anyone with any slight interest in technology. I also have to go to bed now. You know, work in the morning, or nah you probably dont.
>>
>>54213672

Don't get what source you expect when those that know the exploit (FBI) don't want to show what the exploit it, it's obviously fairly substantial if the people working on the software have not yet figured it out. And if they have and can't do anything about it, it's a structural flaw in the software that makes it inherently flawed, this is more like as several people have pointed out weaknesses in the protocol.
>>
File: 46161.jpg (17 KB, 480x253) Image search: [Google]
46161.jpg
17 KB, 480x253
>>54210816
lol
>>
>>54212570
>hackernews
>citing an article that says nothing about your claim
>>
>>54213720
>>54214599
>asked to post source
>cant
yeah, fuck you
if tor was compromised, the feds would have busted my ass long ago
>>
>>54216016

Are you retarded or what?

There is an on-going case where the judge has asked the FBI to give all information on the exploit used to track users of a site, I really don't get how you don't understand this.
>>
>>54212570
I am sorry, but a browser weakness doesn't mean the network itself is compromised. I have heard that tor could be compromised once a critical mass of participating endknots are under ones command.
If someone wants to do something really illegal go into a network that doesn't list you and run everything on a vm.
I run tor when I...well...torrent. No flame me.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.