[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know a lot of people they have overpriced mac laptops like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
I know a lot of people they have overpriced mac laptops like my brother and his lady have and the most intensive tasks they do are video editing and photo work. Is there an alternative I could suggest that would save them money and that has comparable specs to the macbook pro series that you folks would recommend.
>>
That one Dell laptop
>>
>>54202728

Why do you care poorfag?
>>
>>54202728
>the most intensive tasks they do are video editing and photo work
>video editing

cool, so only one of the more intensive tasks then
>>
>>54202775
thought I could find them a comparable product and save them money so they could afford other things in their lives because they are musicians and kind of poor.
>>
>>54202796
Macs are best for music
>>
>>54202796
they sound retarded.
They will fill their windows PCs with malware and ransomware

They need a mac
>>
>>54202847
This
>>
Do you know how embarrassing it is to use a non macbook in a college class?
>>
>>54202876
perhaps if you live in a retarded country
>>
I might be kind of autistic for caring about what laptops people use
>>
>>54202876
Not as embarrassing as your feeble, shallow personality.
>>
>>54202826
Nice meme
>>
>>54202728
Universities ask for Macs because of the compatibility of software and because they are a standard.

Can you imagine having a class full of idiots asking the teacher if the program will run in his laptop and having to solve random problems all the time?
>>
>>54202826
They really arent. Simulating a bunch of instruments with filters etc is a heavy task.
>>
>>54203054
I've never had that problem. All the programs run perfectly on my windows computer as well as my friends MacBook.
>>
>>54202728
Murrika really is a meme
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 253x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 253x283
>>54202876
>consumerism defines me!
>>
>>54202876
kek
people don't care what fucking laptop you use, only you do
>>
>>54202728
The likely reward you'll get for your good intentions is two unhappy musicians. Most people have more money than sense. It's not worth it because in the end not one of you three will be happy.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
>>
>>54202728
how will buying more stuff save them money?
>>
>>54202728
The university of missouri (which you can spot in all of these muh macbook in college pictures like the mizzou tiger on the girl's jacket) issues macbooks to everyone in the school of journalism as part of their enrollment. They did not all arrive at the conclusion to buy identical macbooks.
>>
>>54202728
If they use Retina MBP, there are no noticeably cheaper alternatives with similar specs, not anything with a decent trackpad.

Also children seems to struggle with the idea that hardware without the right software is useless. It's unlikely that they have same software on Loonix and suggesting anybody to use Windows, should land you in jail.
>>
>>54202796
Many people put a high priority on social status or "fitting in" and owning Apple products is one way to achieve it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU
>>
>>54203153
>They really arent. Simulating a bunch of instruments with filters etc is a heavy task.

I guess this is why every single pro studio and producer uses Macs then. Because Windows is better.
>>
>>54202847
>Having to take care of and clean an OS like a babby
>>
>>54205666
And this is why you shouldn't use Windows, kids. Outside of the whole NSA thing, horrible UI and forced updates.
>>
>>54202826
lol audiofiles.
>>
>>54205137
>If they use Retina MBP, there are no noticeably cheaper alternatives with similar specs, not anything with a decent trackpad.

This. Any thin and light laptop with a retina screen will cost about the same.

Wanted to switch to a X1 Carbon, did the math, the Carbon was priced the same as the mac.
>>
>>54202728

Why accept a substitute? Buy the best. They deserve it OP.
>>
>>54204564
yeah but people are too stupid to know how to properly use a windows pc. For the teacher it is easier if everyone used an overpriced mac that caters to them.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.