[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Textra SMS App Threatens To Report Android Pirates >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111 KB, 1280x742) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111 KB, 1280x742
Free Textra SMS App Threatens To Report Android Pirates

>A free Android SMS app that has been downloaded millions of times is spooking people using cracked versions. In a threatening message Textra SMS tells pirate users it has a policy of reporting repeat violators unless they install a legitimate copy in three days. Needless to say, some users are running scared.

https://torrentfreak.com/free-textra-sms-app-threatens-to-report-android-pirates-160423/

>using Textra
>buying an SMS app

What the fuck is wrong with this
>>
>>54195519
The default app on some phones really does suck..
I use textra because it's C O M F Y
>>
Textra is a great app. Definitely best messaging app out there. This is really shitty though. I'm using a patched copy and everything is fine
>>
Yall niggas need LibreSignal.
>>
report to whom? the cyber police?
if you fall for this kinda scare tactic you're a retard
>>
I don't know why anyone would use a paid meme SMS app over QKSMS.
>>
HAHAHAHAHA

in my country they don't give a fuck about piracy

they don't give a fuck about healthcare too though

;_;
>>
>>54195707
Maybe some people prefer well made applications that are smooth, fast, and stable
>>
So I just got textra and I like it. What kind of keyboard would you recommend instead of basic one?
>>
>free app
>pirates
I don't understand.
Is this a first-world problem that android users have to make up out of thin air just to have something to complain about?
>>
>>54196139
google keyboard is the best. i've tried swiftkey for a few months but it wasn't as accurate.
>>
>>54195519
>complaining about someone for protecting their app
>>
>>54195707
>>54196103
Just installed this and runs way better than textra or chompsms
>>
>>54196363
No, it lags compared to textra
>>
File: 6f0.gif (2 MB, 388x356) Image search: [Google]
6f0.gif
2 MB, 388x356
>tfw i have pirated textra and have no such message
>>
>>54195519
What a weird way to phrase that. It sounds like the app itself is free. They should've said "a pirated version". Unless it really is free and I don't fucking understand then.

I use Signal, anyway.
>>
>>54196608
I had it 6 mounth ago. I switched for another sms app.
>>
>>54197881
The app is free but contain ads.
>>
>>54195519
Who's so dumb that keeps using SMS in 2016?
>>
>>54198026
Tell me how convince normie family and friends to stop using SMS.
>>
>>54197988
Then just root the phone and get adaway.
>>
Don't ever fall for the SMS apps meme.

Who even use SMS in 2013+3?
>>
>not using QKSMS
Free as in freedum
>>
>>54196225
What? for me SwiftKey is best, is the most accurate for me.
>>
>>54198261
Swiftkey is bloated garbage
Use hacker's keyboard instead
It respects ur freedumz
>>
>>54196139
They're all shit
>>
>sms
>torrents
>>
>>54195519
Huh... I've been using the free version for a while. Just declined the premium trial offer when I installed it. It does everything I want and hasn't shown an ad yet due to the hosts file my ROM came with.
>>
I liked the app so i paid 2 bucks to get rid of ads. Are you all so pathetic you cant afford a 2 dollar app?
>>
>>54198381
Meh. Too small keys in portrait mode, and sucks at prediction and correction. With SwiftKey I can get through a surprising amount of a sentence just tapping suggested words at the top and the occasional letter.

I can see Hacker's Keyboard being really nice on a phablet or tablet. But I have a relatively compact phone, so it's tiny in portrait and takes up like all but 1 line's worth in landscape.
>>
>>54195519
Why would you pay for an SMS app when Google will archive your data for marketing purposes for free?
>>
wait Textra is free.. what are they talking about paid?
>>
>texting
>[current year]
>>
>>54198026
Who's so dumb to route all communications through kikebook in 2016?
>>
>>54198739
Textra Pro.

>Putting ads on your app so people can buy the "pro" version.
>>
>>54195519
One of the few applications I've ever bought from the Play Store (or paid for the donor version or whatever some shit you know what I mean)

I use it everyday, so..
>>
>>54195519
i tried textra out but honestly dont see a compelling reason to use it over other apps
>>
>>54196019
Romania? Here no one cares about piracy (and healthcare too)
>>
OpenGapps' Text app is the best. Textra fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1420551364153.png (2 MB, 10000x9441) Image search: [Google]
1420551364153.png
2 MB, 10000x9441
>Needing textra since google released their own texting app

Textra failed like 4 times a day to send texts anyways
>>
>textra
>no dual sim support
>paying for it
Why is this garbage overrated
>>
>using anything but stock
what the fuck, it's an SMS app, what kind of a fucking difference does it make to use another app for it
>>
>>54196225
Can confirm. Though I've been trying multiling the pas couple days and it's all right but Google is unrivaled when it comes to swiping
>>
Just get adaway and no ads on Textra. How retarded can people get?
>>
>>54199640

nah, Peru
>>
>>54201172
my rom has a purple colored texting app. I hate purple
>>
>SMS
itt: deprecated technology
>>
>>54195638
>>54195616
>Can't copy part of text
>Best

na
>>
>paid sms app

fucking jews

>>54202186
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-17-28.png (102 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-17-28.png
102 KB, 480x854
>>54202186
>>54202275

forgot the fucking image
>>
File: Screenshot_20160424-161924.png (24 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160424-161924.png
24 KB, 540x960
>>54202186
Horrible
>>
Qksms does the exact same thing, is free, and isn't a Jew shit like Textra
>>
>>54202158
At least it's not Colombia, nigga.
Also enjoy those earthquakes
>>
>>54202399

soon, anon

SOOON
>>
>tfw released a paid app, it's kinda popular (not insanely so but a way larger userbase than I'd expected)
>but a huge percentage of users are pirates
>had it perform a very basic google play services license check on first use
>trivial to bypass, all the pirate sites had cracked versions up within two days
>but I was smugly grinning
>because the pirates were content that they had bypassed my protection and didn't look more closely
>my app performs a second check by contacting my own server
>server side license verification
>if pirate confirmed, app collects certain information from device
>tfw nobody cares about accounts/sd card/any other permissions, nobody questioned it
>sends it to my server
>I now have a list of several thousand confirmed pirates
>have phone # and email for most of them
>tfw this is all spelled out clearly in my terms and conditions which are shown before this collection can happen and nobody reads

Now I'm trying to decide what to do with this. There are a few hundred phone numbers from my own country, I'm tempted to call a few of them and see how they react to being called by the author of the work they stole.
>>
>"textra team"
>>
>>54202853
Nice. These pirates are fucking scum.
>>
>>54202853
What kind of app is this?
>>
>>54202853
>>tfw this is all spelled out clearly in my terms and conditions which are shown before this collection can happen and nobody reads
I'm sure your license is illegal.
>>
>>54202853
Likely that some of them are running older more vulnerable versions of Android. You could send malicious files to them, maybe it'll fuck up/brick their device.
>>
>>54202853
wat a fag
>>
>>54200437
But Googles own app doesn't remind my dumb ass when I have Data turned off and I have a MMS waiting for me =^)
>>
textra one the only app that worked will enough to support an all iphone group chat (sans me) and not dropped messages and shit

and i stuck with it
>>
>>54204477
This is the principal on which I won't buy an iPhone. I should be able to use whatever phone I want without the risk of being ostracized from a group just because they're all using a messaging platform that's not available outside of one platform and doesn't play well with other platforms. Applel does this on purpose knowing that peer pressure will drive the need for group parity. If iMessage either didn't exist or was cross-platform I think a lot of people would try something other than iPhone, but it's all about restrictive ecosystem lock-in.
>>
>>54204899
my brother has an iphone and that is one the reasons why he won't switch or try something else (even though he loves my phone and wants to try android)

coupled with the fact that he's knee deep in other apple services, migrating would be a hassle

you could say the same about google i guess and their services, but getting out of the google ecosystem is a little easier and they even make some of their stuff accessible on iOS.

but ya i feel ya
>>
>>54204899
Tbqh I'd probably pay a subscription service to use iMessage on Android. Something like 10 dollars a year or a dollar per month. Although I would want it to be material design themed.
>>
>>54195519
When I was on Android, it was painful having to install a messaging app. I actually had to use non-stock messaging app because the stock on is purposely shit.
>not having iMessages

I weep for humanity and those souls who adopted this Android garbage
>>
Hangouts has the best combination of features, but the default app is a piece of shit. Gotta install the xposed module to make it worth shit.
>>
>>54198026
>>54198138
>>54198903
>having to use Internet to send something that can be sent over the cell network
>>
>>54204321
mmmmmmwhaaatt

is [CURRENT YEAR]! how the hell mms are still supported.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.