[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft, Lumia and Windows Phone: Where now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11
Microsoft's smartphone sales have plunged again: the company has revealed it only managed to sell 2.3 million Lumia smartphones in its third quarter -- down from 4.5 million in Q2 and down from 8.6 million in the same quarter a year ago (to put that in context, Apple sold 75 million iPhones according to its last quarterly results).

The decline isn't a huge surprise: Lumia sales have been sliding for some time now and Microsoft had already warned that the decline would continue this quarter -- not a very good return on the $5.4bn Microsoft spent just two years ago.

Microsoft's Amy Hood noted that sales of Lumia smartphones in its third financial quarter "were weak" and that at the end of the quarter it had "relatively high channel inventory"; that is, piles of unsold phones in warehouses.

And she acknowledged there is still worse to come for the phone business: "we expect year over year revenue declines to deepen in Q4 as we work through our Lumia channel position," she said.

Windows Phone's tiny market share is all but a rounding error now and there are no must-have handsets on the horizon.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-lumia-and-windows-phone-where-now/
>>
No apps
Lack of polish
Reinventing the OS every two years instead of refining it
Did I mention no apps?

I really wanted to live WP but it let me down big time.
>>
>>54194454
Yeah I'm thinking about jumping ship to Android because my phone is over a year old and the model is more than 2 years old.

The only reason I bought a WP was the low price. The lack of apps really sucks. Everything else seems normal, but the lack of apps is crippling since the whole point of a smartphone is to run apps.
>>
I've been wanting to try a Windows phone for a while, are they really as shitty as everyone says they are.
>>
>>54194962
What you need to do is check if the apps you use are in the app store. My main email is Outlook, so that was easy, but the rest is a shitshow.

What apps do you use?
>>
> Lack of polish

lol shut the fuck up.

Windows Phone runs better than Android, and ages exponentially better. The only problem is the platform has no apps.

That's literally the only problem with it,
>>
>>54195004
I really want to develop app for it, but I am swamped with CS homework and I don't have a Windows 10 Mobile phone.
>>
>>54194970
I'm not saying to replace my personal use phone, I use a Nexus 6p for personal use and an iPhone 6 as a business phone but I've been thinking about switching the iPhone for either a dumphone or a Windows phone since iOS is absolute trash.
>>
>>54194370
they should just have a dedicated team of ms employees porting top/popular apps to windows phone. no apps is the only problem with them
>>
>>54194370
And they bought xamarin that is a awful shit.
>>
>>54195268
Go ahead then because it won't matter which OS you use.
>>
>>54194370
> lets deprecate our mobile division! cool
> mobile device sales decline
> what the fuck happened?

its dead jim, bury it.
>>
>>54194962
Yes it is. Go find a 435 or a 635/640 for cheap, install the Windows Insider app to have the latest OS. Try it for yourself

>>54195004
Stop shilling dude, at this point no one believes that anymore.

>>54195268
Windows Phones are pretty cool as dumbphones because the call quality/speaker/battery are one of the best because "muh nokia R&D" and on top of that they're cheap, But keep in mind that is what you are getting, a dumbphone, because the OS is so self deprecated that it becomes very difficult for you to use it in any other way.
>>
>No apps
>Delayed updates
>Reneging on promise to upgrade all devices FOR THE SECOND TIME
>No hardware partners aside from BLU, resulting in poor device selection
>Latest flagships (950 and 950 XL) are overpriced and not remotely worth it when a little more gets you an iPhone or in the XL's case a Moto X Pure costs less and does more

Writing has been on the wall for a while now. Remember the cycle they would just repeat over and over? Hey guys we're working on getting those super popular apps on the WP platform! Ok here's a beta version of instagram! Then nothing more. Lets not forget announcing a bunch of new hardware partners, only for those partners to release 1-2 devices that are outsold by a landslide by their respective Android portfolio resulting in them dropping WP immediately afterwards.
>>
>>54194370
as its been said before.

No Apps

This is the reason why people stay away from WP, mainly cause there are no apps on the device which are found on android or iOS. The apps that are on the device like its android and iOS counterparts are incredibly shitty and are barely updated like the others are. Not to mention WP10 is a disaster as well. MS need to refine it or just let android apps work on the device otherwise its time to throw in the towel and let it rot. Blackberry knew that its OS was dead so they went to android. MS should do the same.
>>
>>54195610
Fucking everything in this post is 100% spot on.

See HTC and Samsung showing off their "WP" phones? Fuck no. They failed and barely sold anything. 0 Hardware partners will pick it up cause they know there is no future in it and it will be a loss to them rather than going with android that will actually make them money.
>>
android app compatibility like windows 10 is the only way to save them.

too bad translation eats battery and cpu
>>
>>54195689
No dude, Microsoft not changing the architecture of the entire OS three times would have been the way for them to save the platform. They shot themselves, the developers and the costumers three times in the foot. And on that alone, it is amazing that some people actually stayed with them.
>>
Meanwhile, Nokia already absorbed Alcatel as its new mobile division. Combine that with Nokia's current research for graphene and we could expect cutting-edge,bullet-proof smartphone in the future

I do love Labia tho
>>
>>54195921
>I do love Labia tho

Lol did you mean Lumia?
>>
>>54195651

Thing is it literally was a cycle, because I remember HTC bailing after WP7 only for Microsoft to basically tell them "No dude come back 8 will be different" only for the HTC 8X to be outsold by Lumias.
>>
>>54195610

>Or in the XL's case a Moto X Pure costs less and does more

This is what bugged me the most with the 950. The first time I saw the price I couldn't help but wonder what they were thinking. If an iPhone costs just as much and or slightly more, why would i buy a phone on a sinking ship platform?

Even if it were cheaper, you can get better deals on better phones. The XL costs what? $650 maybe? The Pure costs $450 at the MOST. It was just a waste of time. They should really just call it quits, because they missed the boat
>>
File: 1461445843230.jpg (38 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1461445843230.jpg
38 KB, 600x662
>>54195631

Shouldn't their ~universal apps~ gimmick that they've been pushing for the last two years solve this problem already?
>>
>>54195004
>the only problem with it is the biggest problem
>>
>>54196113
People who've been making desktop Windows programs for the last two decades tend to stick with making desktop programs. Quite surprising.
>>
>>54194518
>The lack of apps really sucks.
That was the ONLY reason i left my Icon for a moto X (and then a nexus 6P) winmo 8.1 was good enough at the time. Its just when there are almost no top rated apps it makes the entire platform useless
>>
>>54196016
Yes
>>
>mfw one of the few uwp devs
>make 3x/4x the dosh as ipoors and android devs because i have literally zero competition and everything i make is 10x higher quality than the other shit on the market
Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>54196093

I can't wait till the price of the 950 or the 950xl drops to below $200, it is worth it as a camera but nothing else. I can't beleive anyone would pay retail or sign a contract for a Lumia
>>
File: 1450239720128.jpg (101 KB, 864x717) Image search: [Google]
1450239720128.jpg
101 KB, 864x717
>>54194518
>the whole point of a smartphone is to run apps
Yeah, no, not really. The point of a smartphone is to provide some of the functionality you have on your computer, when you're away from your computer.
You know, like the ability to send emails, browse the internet, have a proper calendar that syncs up with your computer, maybe connect to a server through ssh or edit a text document or spreadsheet when you have no access to anything else.
Your normie apps like snapchat, farmville, and what have you are just afterthoughts that came about long after smartphones went mainstream.
>>
How does MS still exist?
They're seriously just bungle after bungle.
>>
>>54196269
>tfw i just want an x86 phone with android app selection and full desktop continuum available everywhere i go

Fucking surface phone when?
>>
Will they have a funeral for windows phone?
>>
>>54196349
Office is probably the only reason at this point
>>
>>54194370
Not enough budget devices.

Fuck lumia 950, where's my supercheap lumia 650?
>>
>>54195004
>ages exponentially better
Oh really? Is that why they had to redesign the whole OS three times over and not deliver updates to people who were promised updates to 10? The hardware doesn't last long either, you can get better durability out of a mcdonalds happy meal toy.
>>
>>54196891
And companies relying on their server crap. MS are basically a tax on the worlds IT spending, no one wants to invest large amounts of money removing MS from their companies so they settle with endlessly paying MS a small amount.
>>
>>54196349
They shouldn't have fucked up with windows x though. It could have been good.

Also surface is pretty good
>>
The x86 meme is dying, the Surface phone is the future of smartphones and computers in general.
>>
x86 is dying for two reasons

1. no apps like only a few hunderd and nearly all of therm are for music rips or some useles app.
2. battery life a shit.

2 things people depend on.
how ever the radio apps are really nice.
>>
>>54194454
Exactly this. Sold my Lumia 930 last week and waiting for my OP2.

Hardware wise it was one of the best phones I've had. Great Screen, fantastic camera, extremely durable.

WP10 just lacks too many apps and there is not enough freedom to customize. It is truly a shame since it is one of the most error free and fluid smartphone experiences for me so far.
>>
>>54194370
They want to kill it so they can just start surface.

Sad because having lagdroid as the only option gets annoying. Not that Microsoft would have anything better if they held a near monopoly.
>>
>>54196246
Also a UWP dev. I've only made a hundred bucks with my app, and it's the top in its category. Average rating > 4 stars. No real competition.

Do you monetize through ads? Any tips? I'm selling it for a few bucks after a 30 day free trial.
>>
I grew up on ppc2003, then wm6,5 and then this came. I lack freedom and configurability.
>>
>>54194370
The Lumia line is kill. Nokia will be taking it back eventually. That was always part of the plan.

There will be devices within the surface line that fill the handset gaps.

Windows 10 was the completion of the api and system integration. 7, 8, and 10 may look similar, but they're not. 7 was CE based, 8 was the NT kernel, and 10 is everything else.

Microsoft has the teams, resources, and will to build their own handsets. Pre Nokia these were Maya and Tamara, and made it to EV3.
>>
its simple...they have no hook. Nothing different. nothing unique.

Nothing interesting. So why buy the same slab as always if they only feature is a less supported OS?
>>
not enough phones > small marketshare > no apps > not enough phones

I could live without app, I am not a power user. But damn, they have only 2 products: budget or flaghsip. What the hell am I supposed to buy for 300€?
>>
>>54196246
>>54197644

can either of you guys please make a good 4chan app for W10M, I'd totally be willing to pay $5 to support it too.
>>
>>54197999
Usually one could argue that a decent browser somewhat lessens the need of apps (like clover). But edge is so ridiculously awful that it doesnt even render most pages decently. Some websites are literally unusable, Android sometimes has this problem as well but usually there is an app (or other browser) that fixes it.

Ive spent hours looking for a decent music player, file browser that can access network shares without spending hours configuring it, browsers that don't suck. Etc. In the end I just gave up and sold my 930 for a Oneplus 2.
>>
>>54194370
windows phones are fucking ugly, both the OS and devices
>>
>>54195004
>Windows Phone runs better than Android, and ages exponentially better.
Bull-fucking-shit. Anything with WP8.1 is utter garbage because it lacks basic functionality present in two other main mobile operating system, and WP10 runs like ass on older phones.
>>
File: 1460331431911.jpg (43 KB, 348x298) Image search: [Google]
1460331431911.jpg
43 KB, 348x298
Would have a USP if it could interact in some way with a W10 pc but it can't so you've got literally no reason to buy one
>>
>>54194370
>tfw my lumia 520 finally broke its' screen by falling 20cm down
finally i dont have to work with that piece of shit anymore
>>
>>54199707
what's wrong with 4charm?
>>
>>54201636
it sucks.

Using the website is better than that app.
>>
Lumia sales are bad because windows phone 8 was a buggy piece of shit that they just replaced with windows phone 10 which is, you guessed it, a buggy piece of shit. Wonder why nobody wants to buy one?
>>
>>54195286

Porting an app is usually a violation of TOS. There used to be a pretty good instagram port that was taken down and the people who used it had their accounts banned. App companies are faggots.
>>
File: 1384493098899.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1384493098899.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>>54194370
>>54194370
normies don't use this things

u should try it anon comfy af
>>
File: Nokia-Lumia-925[1].jpg (23 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Nokia-Lumia-925[1].jpg
23 KB, 640x360
>>54194370

I am a phone hipster and I am currently looking for older lumia flagships like 920 and 925. I used to have blackberry bold models and typing on those models were fucking amazing, but whatsapp decided to slowly drop support for them including BBOS10 devices and also BB itself has no plans for future BB10 phones so i now use android. I hope to find a second hand lumia in a more than decent condition and see how they perform. android is all nice and cool but nearly every app is designed to integrate with something either google or something. I also don't have enough motivation to read half ass fucking manuals written by indians to "clean/debloat..etc" my phone. maybe lumias are at the same botnet levels as android but first i have to try and see.

and they look absolutely beautiful, especially in a world of dull android phone designs. Carl fucking Zeiss shit is also good to have.
>>
What if I don't give a shit about apps? What if I just want a nicely made phone that can make calls, text, browse the Internet, and do it well. Would a WP be right for me?
>>
>>54195631
>No Apps
It has all major messenger apps people use what else do you need?
I am using a lumia 820 with w10 atm and I don't really miss an app.
>>
>>54195610
>Ok here's a beta version of instagram!
6tag is all instagram features you need.

And who seriously buys a 950 if the 640 does all you need for a third of the price?
>>
>>54196936
>Oh really? Is that why they had to redesign the whole OS three times over and not deliver updates to people who were promised updates to 10?
Are you dumb? I'm runnin w10 on an 820, just install the insider app.
>>
>>54196891
>Office is probably the only reason at this point
From your basement view it might look like it, wait until you get a job then you'll notice things
>>
File: nokia-lumia-920-820-uk[1].jpg (39 KB, 591x321) Image search: [Google]
nokia-lumia-920-820-uk[1].jpg
39 KB, 591x321
>>54202044

continuing with 920, looks pretty comfy
>>
>>54201462
You bought the cheapest poorfag w10 device and then found out it's shit. Congratulations.
>>
>>54195921
So, what are they gonna do?
Android or meego?
>>
This sucks because OS wise WP was the smoothest phone out there. Now they ruined it with WP10 and they haven't released a decent phone for years. All the ones they release either look like shit or are stupidly oversized.

I just want a Lumia 800 with WP8 on it.
>>
>>54202274

the only news i see is that they will not directly do it but license their name to chinks to make android phones like the N1 tablet.
>>
>>54196269
do you really think that this is going to happen? Below 200 is below a third of current price. I've never experienced such a huge cut in hardware which was still in production. They even sell their 640s for more than 200.
>>
>>54196333
Yeah people are really gonna listen to someone who posts anime girls
>>
>>54194454
This.

on the plus side it ran smoothly on a potato phone.

Needs apps games and everything else

It was a cute experiment but just like windows mobile before it failed.
>>
>>54199707
What's wrong with Sage Reader?
>>
I bought a Lumia 640 not long ago.
My only complaint is the lack of support from developers. It's either the app doesn't exist, or it does exist but it's never updated.

We use Todoist at work. They have an app on Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, plus browser plugins for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, but they don't support Windows Phone.
My bank has an app on WP, but it hasn't been updated since 2014 and it lacks any functionality at all. You can check your balance, but that's it. Android and iPhone have mobile deposit, transfers, and bill pay.

But I love the OS. It's very smooth, very responsive. Great battery life and the default email client is probably the best I've ever used.
>>
>>54195004
fucking this
>>
iOS and Android are pure shit. Windows Phone is the master race.

>b-but muh apps!
Grow the fuck up, child.
>>
>>54203090

Nice try pajeet. Don't you have a street you need to defecate on?
>>
File: tips.png (331 KB, 474x432) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
331 KB, 474x432
>iOS and Android are my mobile OS of choice
>Window Phone is bad, it has no apps
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 950x1710) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 950x1710
>>54196918
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-650-Dual-SIM--Unlocked/productID.334960800
Lumia 650 is $200 off contract, or you can get a Lumia 640 for ~$40 off contract (as a gophone).
Don't you ever fucking tell me there aren't enough budget phones, that's all MS put out for ~2 years.
The 830 was the "Affordable Flagship" but wasn't really either of those things.
We waited a long time for a real flagship after the Icon.
>>54196936
>you can get better durability out of a mcdonalds happy meal toy.
My 520 was the most durable phone I've ever used, and the 635 that replaced it is following in it's footsteps.
>>54202245
I really liked the 800 when it came out, but my favorite is probably the 830.
Top USB/ audio ports, SD slot, removable battery, great design.
>>54203033
Bank app could be worse, Chase used to have a fully functioning app for WP but they dropped support and pulled it entirely about a year ago.
>>
File: 1444103918591.jpg (318 KB, 1280x1915) Image search: [Google]
1444103918591.jpg
318 KB, 1280x1915
Microsoft should just focus on the Surface Phone, and then move on.

Luckily Microsoft realized this and created the Hololens to kickstart the next era of computing. So far they currently have the most advanced AR glasses out there, far ahead of anything Google is doing or even Apple.
>>
>>54203090
>I use a system for the prestige of the system itself and don't actually run anything on it
Typical paid Microsoft shill retardation
>>
I've been thinking about moving to iOS. The new 4" iPhone really caught my attention.

How is the battery life on iPhone? My Lumia 640 typically gets about 4 days between charges, with bluetooth off, wifi on, brightness on lowest setting, with a lot of email work.
For the default email client, can you add multiple email accounts and have them come in a single feed?
>>
I got a Lumia 635, and I know it was low end, because I only payed $50 for it or some such, but here's what I thought:

HERE drive is a nice gps app, the native UI is very comfy and smooth, the homescreen layout was kind of fun to customize, especially considering I usually keep it minimal. The Hardware price/performance was pretty good too. It was also nice to use some of microsoft's native apps.

Aaaaand that's where the positives end. The lack of software is just BAD. Abandonware. Apps that haven't been updated in two, three years featured on the front page. I.E mobile lacked a lot of features. No google apps support made using google apps a pain, especially YouTube. The YouTube app was literally just a browser shortcut to yt mobile site.

I got tired of the lack of software and moved onto a moto G after only 5 months, and I'm pretty happy with the moto now.
>>
>>54203149

Agreed.

If the Hololens succeeds then MS will be in a world of success that'll scare other companies. They have a huge head start already, it could be several years before we even see Apple release their AR glasses.
>>
Lumia 925 user here since 2013.
Man I fucking love this phone, but the main problem is the QUALITY lack of app.
I'm a engineering student and not an app maniac user, I only use Twitter, Instagram (6tag gosh is perfect), Facebook, Wolfram and email.
This lumia is the perfect phone for me even with W10m insider (925 not officially support w10).
Looking forward for the next Lumia/Surface phone because my battery is pretty fucked up now.
For questions about these 3 years AMA.
>>
>>54203321
Do you sometimes get warnings about breaking instagram's community guidelines when posting a comment through 6tag?

I'll occasionally be leaving a simple, innocent comment like "Wow, looks awesome dude. :)" or something and get told I'm breaking rules.
>>
>>54202124
at this point yes, i'd say absolutely
>>
>>54203427
mmh no never, I always used and sent comments on 6tag and this is the first time that I heard about this problem.

Anyway you can download the totally new and official Instagram (Beta) app from the store. I'm using by these days and is pretty nice. I recommend you.
>>
>>54202124
I thought I didn't give a shit about apps, but I'm >>54203236. The bullshit youtube player drove me up a wall, and there's no good 4chan app, so you're stuck with browser. Clover on android brings a shitload of convenience compared to browser.
>>
>>54203656
>The bullshit youtube player drove me up a wall, and there's no good 4chan app, so you're stuck with browser

wait wait motherfucker

did you at least try fucking metrotube? that app is fucking godly. it's miles better than android default youtube app

as for 4chan app, there's imageboard browser, again, another miracle something like this exist. try it, i swear.

sometimes very good apps do exist on wp too, the problem is the amount of shovelware in the store that basically hides them.

also baconit, if you're into reddit.
>>
>>54203715
fucking baconit, it's superb.

Also, I suggest you mytube.
>>
>>54203596
So the official one is better now?
I know when they first released it it was trash compared to 6tag.
Though I'm afraid I'm too used to 6tag's dark theme at this point.
>>54203715
Just to add to this:
I like mytube for youtube, Readit for reddit, and 4chan /b/rowser for 4chin
I actually much prefer watching youtube on WP because I can play audio only in the background, or stream video and play it in the background.
You can also lock the screen and it doesn't interrupt playback. (What a concept!)
Also, no ads.
>>
>>54203715
I didn't like Imageboard Browser. There was another app I was using 4charm, and It was decent, but it was unable to post replies from being so outdated, on top of being unable to add new boards like /aco/, /hist/, /qa/, ect. I would have stopped using it entirely except that it loaded images wayyy faster than imageboard browser. Again though, using clover on android and it beats the shit out of either of those apps.

As to the metrotube app, no, i did not try it before leaving the platform.
>>
>>54203770
yep.
Is a beta, sometime crash, but is pretty usable. Is updated very frequently (is not abandoned like the last one).

Anyway I still prefer 6tag. For now.
>>
Android:
Tech savvy, wants to mod stuff and have the best of everything, at the cost of fiddling a bit (Which he finds enjoyable since he likes technology). Has all the advanced features while having all the apps.

Iphone:
I don't care, I just want a smartphone that's easy to use for simple tasks while having all the apps.

WP:
I don't care and I got a smooth phone for cheap, I acknowledge that I don't have the apps but I barely use my phone.
>>
>>54203896
you know, even with an Android device at my disposal, my Lumia 550 is still my go-to for everything not games.
>>
The Lumia is a pretty good phone experience. Being as I just use internet, email, call, and text it provides a great experience for me. I have tried both android and iOS. iOS was pretty good, but I didn't like android as much.

The main seller for me is that here maps provides great offline service. I travel a lot and dont always want/have a SIM to use and the maps work perfectly
>>
I did love my 8x, so cute Ui, fast and smooth. I had all the apps I need' I am totally normie but now I have red I 3 with awesome battery and sucking big time camera. Miui is so much crappier than winph 8.1
>>
>>54201636
Can't post through 4charm, captcha is broke and the program is abandoned by the dev.
>>
>>54194370
>Downsized and almost kill Nokia
>Still can't profit
I feels batman for Finland bros.
>>
I'm pretty happy with my shitty Windows 10 Mobile phone (Lumia 535, 90€ back when I bought it) to be honest. I don't miss any app besides Google Maps, but the W10 Maps app has served me well for now.

I bought it just to try Windows Phone and it ended up being my main phone after my iPhone 5 died.
>>
Where does a man find the dankest covers to order online?
>>
>>54195004
>ages exponentially better
Except when WP8 apps won't work on mango, so all existing WPs were made totally useless.

At least with android you can flash custom roms to upgrade your shit and make it last longer.
>>
Still like my 928, but if it bricks, I'm definitely not coming back with another WP.

This has been an amazing mobile experience for me. This phone has lasted almost three years I think, and it still does everything I want (other than Snapchat) quickly and while sipping battery.
>>
>>54199848
Apps aside its still the same exact phone. Just a normal smartphone slab...like everything else.
>>
>>54207084
Apps is probably the most important factor for a lot of people. Even the tech illiterate who want to play their cancerous freemium shovelware.

As much as i'd love WP to be successful, in it's current state it isn't really attractive for anyone. The hardware might be the same but the software is even more important.
>>
>no apps reunion thread
>>
How is multitasking on W10 Mobile? If I open an SSH connection and lock the screen, will it continue to run and maintain connection or does it suspend like on iOS?
>>
>>54208780
Also I know there is some synchronisation in Edge, but does it show open tabs on other devices, like Safari and Chrome?
>>
>>54202498
Bought a 928 on ebay for $30 in mint shape, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

I can't imagine how fucked the people who spent the $700 on a lumia feel. But since they spent $700 they probably love it because saying or thinking anything else would be insane.
>>
Windows mobile 6 was good
Then they told all old developers to fuck off because "we're apple now"
>lock everything down like applel
>but there's no real concept except the zune UI that some designers liked
>made a "totally new" framework based on that design, full of bugs and the whole UI just looks like shit
>then they made wp8 and made all the "old" devices useless because they couldn't be assed to port drivers to the new kernel
>then they wondered why no-one gives a shit about this joke platform
>>
>>54209737
Didn't WP6 also have a pathetic market share? Microsoft has never been successful with phones.
>>
>>54209772
Windows mobile 6 was pretty much on every PDA back then. This was when the iphone had no appstore and android was 1.x and only on like 5 phones.
>>
>>54209785
Yeah, I know Windows was big on PDA's and pocket PCs, but it was never big on smartphones. Even now it is somewhat okay on tablets.

Do you know what's really sad? Last year, Apple shipped more iOS and OS X devices than Microsoft shipped Windows devices. I think that's the first time that's happened. Android is more than 50% of everything sold at this point.
>>
Fuck windows phone right into its shitty little asshole

I went with an HTC Mozart 7 when it came out and microfuck decided to just stop updating the fucking thing and and move on to a newer OS.

The last update I got added copy & fucking paste. They fucked over their first gen users so hard that most of them moved on and never looked back.
>>
>>54202172
>third
You mean 1/10?

It's 30 dollars
>>
Nokia should have gone with Android. Ms should stop doing stupid shit that sounds stupid already when they announce their plans. MS should listen to users and stop selling lousy gimmicks and I mean in every department, not only in mobile.

Ms pls, leave the phones alone and get your shit together with windows.
>>
>>54194370
It's awesome seeing Microsoft fail and lose money. Fuck that shitstain of a company.
>>
Which Lumia has the best battery life?
>>
>>54209870
> but it was never big on smartphones.

It literally was the OS of every smartphone before iOS, even Nokia was using it.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.