[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1460641417531.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1460641417531.webm
1 MB, 720x404
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
File: 1461346277088.jpg (99 KB, 862x900) Image search: [Google]
1461346277088.jpg
99 KB, 862x900
trying to set up a Medion desktop I haven't used in 3 years. It won't turn on. The fan starts up, and it makes some sounds that seem like it's booting up, but it cuts off after like 5 seconds. After that the fan starts back up and keeps going but it doesn't boot and the monitor detects nothing. Also the powerlights never come on at all. I've tried unplugging everything and holding the power button for 30 seconds and it still won't work. I'm going to try opening it up maybe tonight or tomorrow and cleaning the insides (although I've never seen the inside of a desktop before so it could be disastrous.

I'm not all that hopeful I can fix it mysself, but what's the most I can do before sending it off to professionals? And way I can do some kind of diagnostics? Absolutely any suggestions are welcome no matter how simple they are. I haven't tried anything other than what I've described.

Thanks lads. I'll try get the model no. of the desktop for you even if it's irrelevant. You're saints.

Pic kinda similar to what I'm looking at.

(sorry for copy-pasting from last thread, unfortunate I came right at the end).
>>
Is there a way I can have windows and ubuntu both use the same separate hard drive (for music, movies, etc)?
>>
>>54169964
The power supply probably died from not being used for so long
>>
Why do people in /g/ hate windows?
>>
>>54169978
Ubuntu should have NTFS support so yes
>>
>>54169991
I dislike Windows mostly because of the lack of a package manager, though that's not the only issue. The Windows NT kernel is also notoriously unstable were the Linux kernel is (usually) very stable.
>>
Is a dual core a6 7400k adequate enough for a browser / ms office computer? Paired with an ssd. Or should I go quad core a8?
>>
Obnoxious request coming through: Any tips for cleaning inside parts of desktop? Like what cleaning agent. I have baby wipes. I'm looking this up myself right now,but I'll be heading out to LIDL in 20 minutes before it closes so I might not get the best information in time. Like I should be cleaning inside the CPU and gpu, right? And I assume they're very delicate. I'll reply if to this if I'm satisfied through my looking it up myself. Just in a big rush.

Pic unrelated. I won't be going for something that kills germs or whatever, not that stupid.

>>54169984
That sounds good, right? Like something I can fix for maybe €20-50?

I'll still be opening it up and giving it a clean just to see if I get any results (might be good to have it clean anyway). I'll probably see the wattage and just get the cheapest / most efficient replacement of equal wattage that will fit, sound good?
>>
I have Asus Maximus VIII Ranger as my motherboard and I'm trying to install Windows 7 on it, with little success.

My processor is the new i7-6700K if that matters.

I'm getting my USB devices to work during the install, but it still complains that it cannot find the optical drive drivers so it won't proceed with the installation. What's quite interesting is that I don't have one connected to my computer, since my old one was still IDE and the new motherboard doesn't quite support that :)

Now apparently this is quite the general error message when some drivers are missing. Is there any way to find out what drivers are missing?

I made a boot-able USB install stick with the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool and Rufus.

The user manual for the motherboard had some guides, but they dealt with the USB 3.0 driver issues only.

tl;dr: Windows 7 installation on skylake processor via USB needs some drivers (for ???? -- can't be for the SATA controller because it does recognize the drives, and it can't (???) be the USB controller because I'm booting off USB and using a USB keyboard/mouse) and won't install.

Any ideas?

>>54169964
Maybe try a different power supply like the other anon said and be sure that everything is mounted properly (i.e. ram, maybe cpu). There may be some rust short-circuiting the board. General cleanup and re-seating everything would be the best way to go for starters. If it doesn't work then take out the CMOS battery and leave it like that for a day and retry. BIOS flash memory might have been corrupted (even though you tried to reset it). That's your problem though, it's at the motherboard-level that you should check for solutions. From what you've said it seems that it can't POST.
>>
Should i use emacs? i find it bit too much as i'm just a beginner. are there any alternatives, other than Vi
>>
>>54170081
Depending on your system, even a garbase PSU for like $15 is good enough. I'm assuming it doesn't have a graphics card. You just need to get rid of dust. Air/compressor should work just fine. Don't use anything that has water.
>>
File: 1422603614760.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422603614760.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
is studying business intelligence worth it? will i get a good position, is it easy/hard/boring job? I need really help /g/.
>>
>>54170092
Connect USB stick to a usb2.0 port on the mobo.
>>
My PC occasionally crashes, usually when I'm asleep. It's so infrequent that I can't be bothered to take preventative steps like reinstall windows, but I would like to know what's happening. There's no log of a blue screen, and the only evidence that anything has happened at all is a critical error in the event viewer giving me the time of the crash.

Where can I start to get at least a general idea of the cause?
>>
>>54170175
It's on USB 2.0 though. Tried all (2) usb 2.0 ports. I've even disabled the usb 3.0 and usb 3.1 ports (motherboard has an option to disable individuals usb ports).
>>
>>54169978
Modern Linux distros should support it out of the box, especially the mainstream ones.
>>
File: merlin.png (251 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
merlin.png
251 KB, 512x512
would it be possible to restore color to the right image using color from the left image?
>>
Thanks for all the replies.

>>54170123
Air compressor, yeah I just came across that on this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/72716/how-to-thoroughly-clean-your-dirty-desktop-computer/ . Sounds pretty good. Also I think you're right. It has one of those Intel HD Graphics things, which as far as I know are built into the CPU or something. And yeah, efficiency prolly isn't a big deal for the PSU because I obviously don't use it that much. Intend on building a proper computer in another month or so when I have the money. Thanks man.

>>54170092
ignore the cleaning part of this question. Ignore this post.

>>54170092
this is brilliant man. You've suggested like 5 things. I'll be satisfiedgetting professional help if it doesn't work after all of this and if it doesn't work with new power supply.
>>
>>54170236
yes, but only manually
>>
>>54170176
switch out your PSU and RAM, see if the problem persists.
>>
>>54169991
The go-to response is that Windows is a "botnet" because of things like Telemetry and people shriek and holler about that alone.

More reasonable people will also share their dislike of Telemetry, but there's a lot of customization that the user is allowed to do in terms of overall usability, and not just at the UI level. *nix distros have cool features like package managers and software centers, plus the terminal is pretty flexible. A light example would be on Xubuntu where if I want to install a package like youtube-dl or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, I can sudo apt-get install [package] from the terminal. You can't really do a whole lot in those departments on Windows

I like Xubuntu a lot and if you want to try it out, it's easy to install alongside Wangblows.

>>54169978
Yes.
>>
File: 1458616024525.png (75 KB, 260x375) Image search: [Google]
1458616024525.png
75 KB, 260x375
What does Mr. Stallman think about Windows 10? Has he talked about it yet?
>>
>>54170270
how would i go about doing that? i have photoshop but i don't know how to do color stuff
>>
>>54170286
I'm afraid I don't have any spares. Are there any alternatives?
>>
>>54170291
What's the problem with installing Windows 7 in a VM and playing the few games I have there? Why don't more people do this besides it being resource-intensive and a bit of a pain to setup -- assuming they want to play some games every now and again? Wouldn't a VM be more appropriate for things like Photoshop instead of Wine?
>>
Any tips for buying motherboards? I'm upgrading my 4-year old MOBO because I want to pick up an i5 but I'm wondering at what cool shit I should go for. How common is USB3.0 now? I'm wondering if I should prioritize something that has a bunch of them and if it'd help that much. I mean I guess for USB drives and External HDDs right but other shit shouldn't really need those?
>>
>>54170153
help
>>
File: 2016-04-22 19_58_40.jpg (70 KB, 1269x791) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-22 19_58_40.jpg
70 KB, 1269x791
>>54170314
trace the parts you want to color with the lasso tool then select image>adjustments>hue/saturation and play around with the settings. look up some guide for a more indepth explanation

>>54170332
you can start with a memtest, but if you don't have any spare parts, i'd suggest getting the pc to a hardware store and let them test it.
>>
>>54170380
thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (5 KB, 167x247) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
5 KB, 167x247
Hey, /g/uys. If I whitelist "4chan.org", will that also whitelist "boards.4chan.org" and "sys.4chan.org", or do I have to whitelist those addresses separately?
>>
>>54170353
>Why don't more people do this besides it being resource-intensive and a bit of a pain to setup
Congratulations, you've just answered your own question. There's a reason people either dualboot or have a work machine and a dedicated gayming machine.

Some people have accomplished gayme playing on Linux with hardware passthrough, although that's a bit much to set up, the people I've watched set it up have had varying success and ease of setup, and the most prominent distro for it appears to be Arch "Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again" Linux.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pci-passthrough/
https://teksyndicate.com/videos/gta-v-linux-skylake-build-hardware-vm-passthrough
^ Most relevant-looking results for hardware passthrough on page 1 of Google ^
>>
File: 1380465656451.jpg (54 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1380465656451.jpg
54 KB, 400x273
What GPU should I get with 500€ (make it 500$)?

I can get a GTX 980 4GB for about 430€. Is it worth it?
>>
>>54170355
USB 3.0 (or 3.1 gen 1) is pretty damn common nowadays. Cheap USB 3.0 thumb-drives are everywhere. 3.1 (or 3.1 gen 2) is a bit more expensive but still well within budget. What's not so common is thunderbolt/usb 3.1 (gen2) type C.

You should look into motherboards that have what you want or plan to have. The skylake line isn't all that impressive compared to its predecessor but this is compensated by the fact that the new Intel 170 chipset provides a lot off functionality/connectivity options. The motherboards are in the spotlight this generation, not so much the CPUs.

NVMe/4 lane pci3 SSDs will be popular in the coming years. Look for a motherboard that has support for M.2 at 32gbit/s. DDR4 RAM (e.g. 2400Mhz instead of the entry-level 2133Mhz). You can overclock RAM up to 3Ghz and use it as a ramdisk, which is some 20-30x faster than hdds (and ssds). Tons of sata ports, more efficient heatsinks. Also, many motherboards support overclocking non-K variant Skylake CPUs. Intel has pretty much exterminated this option via microcode updates and having motherboard manufacturers update their BIOS before shipping their products but maybe if you go retail you might find motherboards that haven't had their BIOS' updated. You can overclock RAM regardless of the updates though. That's pretty much what comes to mind atm in terms of advice.

You should wait for Zen though. The 1151 socket supports at a maximum 4 physical cores, so your most worthwhile upgrade will be an i7-6700k. You can't upgrade your cpu with newer tech, unlike AMD which has had the AM3+/FM2+/etc. for ages. Downside is that Zen will come out around Q3-Q4 2016.
>>
>>54170502
Definitely not imo, just a waste of money. Wait for polaris/pascal. The 980 will look very under-powered come next year. But if you insist, get something with more than 4GB since games will be able to dynamically saturate whatever amount of VRAM you have soon enough. Maybe look into an 8GB 390 for the time being.
>>
>>54170493
Thanks mate I'll read up on it. I don't mind spending a few days setting up a Win 7 VM though if it'll perform close to what a dual-boot can achieve as far as invariably running all software supported by Win 7 goes. Is there any downside besides resources and the bother of setting everything up?
>>
>>54170624
Dunno, I've never tried. Try googling "VM performance for Win 7," nice list of relevant-looking articles and Stack Exchange pages came up on page 1.
>>
File: cas_alert1[1].jpg (466 KB, 1382x742) Image search: [Google]
cas_alert1[1].jpg
466 KB, 1382x742
This message just popped up while I was browsing on my tablet, but I can't seem to find the email I was told they sent. What's going on?
>>
So I'm trying to be a 1337 hacker and parse iwconfig for signal strength. The input I've got is
Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-30 dBm

From which I'm trying to get sed to print "30".
sed -r 's/=(\d{2})/\1/

Just prints the whole line again. -rn prints nothing.

My grasp of regex is pretty tenuous so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here. But what?
>>
>>54170712
You're missing a single quote
>>
>>54170755
Yeah, aside from that. Copypasta error.
>>
what's the point of BIOS passwords if they can easily be reset by clearing the CMOS?
>>
>>54170844
What's the point of having a lock if you can just break it?
>>
>>54170879
i don't know. are you going to answer my question?
>>
>>54170906
Am I?
>>
>>54170879
It's just that I thought BIOS security would have gotten better after like 20 years. It's as vulnerable as the first day the feature was introduced.

>>54170844
I'm guessing that the scenario would be such that having to reset the BIOS (in order to (re)gain access) would defeat the purpose of getting access.
>>
I only come to /g/ and look for this thread to see the webm posted in the OP
>>
>>54170879
When people only care a little bit deterrence stops them from bothering.
Also, you can't clear the CMOS if you physically lock the case.

Still won't stop people who are willing to break part of the case,
but there are many situations were people aren't willing to do that.
(Public computers, etc)
>>
>>54170844
A decent BIOS will store its password in flash, so resetting it won't clear it. But even the ones you can reset with a jumper or by yanking the battery are secure if you lock down the PC and lock its case shut like you would for an office machine or kiosk.
>>
>>54170943
you could contribute
>>
>>54170670
The email should be in your Comcast email inbox. Apart from that, close the alert. AFAICT they don't really care unless maybe they're getting a LOT of complaints for you, and just forward the alerts they receive to you.

>>54170489
Generally yes, whitelisting a domain will whitelist subdomains.
>>
My laptop is literally stuck at BIOS,

I have tried pretty much everything,

I am assuming that the SSD I installed and the other hard drives arent working

Am I rip? The cost was $1200, so would it even be worth buying new SSD?

And I don't even know if that is the problem

Rip senpai
>>
>>54171032
Right, so firstly stop typing like a nagger.

Secondly, keep only one drive and see how it goes. Check the drives' boot priorities.
>>
>>54171032
Are any messages printed? What does it do? Try hitting escape on the BIOS logo to see more messages too.
>>
>>54171032
>literally stuck
As opposed to figuratively

>I am assuming that the SSD I installed and the other hard drives arent working
Check boot priority and make sure the hard drive with your OS is the one that's being chosen to boot from. Check that you can boot from a flash drive, too.

>Rip senpai
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: samsung-np700z7c-s01nl.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1565) Image search: [Google]
samsung-np700z7c-s01nl.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1565
>Have a bunch of devices disabled on notebook
>iSSD for smartcache that never worked, ethernet port
>5 hrs w/ 65ish w/hr battery
>battery reports 10~12 watt discharge rate
>run with it since I think it's helping power consumption
>try with dGPU one day
>wattage shoots up another 10, wat
>reenable, goes back to "normal"
>reenable iSSD, and ethernet
>now reporting <9 watts
Why was this allowed? I read people get savings with their touchscreen disabled, so I thought it should apply here too.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Hey /g/, I'm having trouble getting my computer to start. It turns on for a moment, then turns off. This is not the first time this happened, and usually after an hour or two of taking out the ram/ssd ect I get it to start and it works for a while. The problem occurs after a unusually long shutdown. Will provide specs as needed, I just cant do another hour of different combinations.
>>
>>54171092
>>54171065

I got nothing under boot priorities

And when I go to start flash, it just displays file names from my SSD
>>
>>54171028
thanks!
>>
>>54171092
>>54171083
>>54171065
Thanks for the replies too, I think I could be done cause I got no boot priorities
>>
>>54171388
How the fuck do you not have anything under boot priorities? Did you remove all but the drive you have your OS on like >>54171065 said in the first place?
>>
File: 1445229380250.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1445229380250.gif
2 MB, 480x270
How long do you think the LGA 1151 socket will last before Intel replaces it?

The generation after Kaby Lake?
>>
>>54170308
Yes, he wrote about it. Check his personal site.
>>
What are some good speakers for an apartment for around $100 or less?
>>
>>54171298
Why is what allowed? Disabling devices that increase efficiency and then bitching that your power consumption is higher than with them enabled?
>>
>>54169944
I appreciate that these threads always have moderately interesting webums.

Thanks, OP-chan.
>>
>>54171463
Kaby Lake will more than likely use a different socket.
>>
So, I got a chinkphone, oukitel k6000 to be exact. How do I root it? Google only returns those generic 'install our Spyware to really(not) root your phone' sites.
>>
>>54171437
>Did you remove all but the drive you have your OS
How do I do this?
>>
>>54171366
Does a certain combination of parts in/out make it work most of the time?
>>
>>54171516
Basically. So power management goes out the window when the OS stops talking to the device?
>>
>>54171612
Didn't you say you installed an SSD? It's in the same area.
>>
>>54171437
I am googling, thanks
>>
>>54171600
look on ROM sites for pre-rooted ROMs. I think findrom.com works.

Source: Owning a Lenovo K3 Note on my 4th ROM
>>
>>54171628
Some devices go into a proper low power mode when they aren't initialized. But some don't, because they're designed with the assumption that they'll only be in that state for a few moments between the computer starting and the OS talking to them.

>>54171651
He's gonna have a good time installing a custom ROM if he can't root or unlock his bootloader.
>>
>>54171620
The problem only occurs intermittently, but I remove all USB, HDMI and then remove the ram sticks and SSD. It takes many tries, but still does the same thing in the meantime, wont start. I tried to list the combinations, but if the problem happens again the list is useless.
>>
>>54171629
Ooooh
>>
>>54171724
Did you try performing memtest?
>>
>>54171629
I just realized SSD lifespans,

Does this mean everything on that SSD is gone
>>
>>54171366
Is your PC new? What CPU/PSU?
>>
>>54171798
>>54171612
>>54171388
>>54171032
wtf r u talking about nigger

Just tell your mom to take it to a professional kid
>>
>>54171768
Nope, I can put it on a USB, but I dont think that would affect it. I got it to turn on with Ram and SSD out, but when I put em back in it happened again.
>>
>>54171798
A dead SSD typically goes read-only, unlike a HDD. It would still prevent a sensible OS from booting though.

Not sure this is your problem.
>>
>>54171812
Semi new, few months old. I7 4790k and XFS TS 550
>>
I fucked up when I bought a phone with no sdcard slot. Now I want to use the OTG function and listen to my music from a usb flash drive. The only problem is that music apps won't see my songs, I can only browse to them via the default android thingy, not even ES File explorer sees my USB flash drive. How do I fix this /g/?
>>
>>54171942
try mxplayer
>>
>>54171867
Is it happening while you're actively using it or when you leave it idle for a while?
>>
File: 1321576475268.jpg (155 KB, 670x694) Image search: [Google]
1321576475268.jpg
155 KB, 670x694
R8 my build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cnQfsY

I have never built a gayman PC before and I'd like to build something decent now that I am getting my tax returns. Is the i5 really worth it, or would an FX 8320 be enough for most games? I want to be able to play the majority of modern games at mid-high settings in 1080p.

$750 is actually more than I want to spend, but I don't want to get something too weak either. Is there any way I can cut some costs without sacrificing too much?
>>
>>54171965
I use it for a while, then I hit shutdown. It takes a while, then I get the problem
>>
>>54171968
Add an ssd
>>
>>54171968
get rid of meme tech like cd/dvd rom/wireless card. You can get them later if you want.

Also lookup benchmarks for the 8320 vs the i5-4590 I guess. I don't think it will by much. But keep in mind what you save now will be spent on extra electricity/cooler
>>
>>54171956
mx player is a video player?
>>
>>54171956
yes...
>>
>>54171994
Nvm I was thinking of a haswell incompatible psu. Maybe read the system logs to see what's going on during those long shutdown procedures.

maybe the ram since removing them/it is solving the problem. damaged dimms or some such maybe.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160422-220311.png (145 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160422-220311.png
145 KB, 1080x1920
>>54171956
>>54172075
No luck
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>54171366
I can also get it to start like this, but just red light no signals.
>>
>>54172244
Do OTG things mount anywhere? If so, you can use ES and click back to "device", out of the little area it has you in by default.
>>
File: Capture.png (152 KB, 1555x694) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
152 KB, 1555x694
I recently reinstalled Windows 10 (I know) and DS4Windows isn't working anymore. My DS4 controller is showing up in input/rumble tests on the main DS4 Profiles screen, but nothing works on this screen when I'm try to map buttons. I have everything under requirements and I'm following the How To correctly, but nothing is working. Any ideas please?

Here's the site:
http://ds4windows.com/
>>
>>54172310
I can open the files on the OTG in my default system thingy, but nothing else sees them, not even ES Explorer
>>
>>54172061
Okay. Some Googling has resulted in more points in favor of the i5. It seems like it has better performance with vidya across the board.

>>54172020
For what purpose?
>>
>>54172408
/mnt/Media-RW/whatever perhaps? You would browse there in ES after going up from whatever it has you in by default to /.
>>
>>54172462
So you dont waste 80gb and more as you do isntalls and updates of your 2tb
Get an ssd and use it for windows exclusivly
Now your tb is dedicated to your games and medai/user etc
>>
Currently I have a five GPU rig set up in milk crates , I am looking to get a visually appealing case that can support five cards. Any recommendations?
>>
>>54172481
Yes, I found it. Thanks man. But how can I make the MX Player or any other music player see that folder?
>>
>>54172549
I dont even think an ETX would work
>>
Can anyone tell me how to make MPV always start without borders?

i know i can open a command window and type
 mpv --no-border 

but i want it to always start like that when i open a file associated to it.
>>
>>54171692
I see. That makes sense.
>>
>>54172598
make an alias in your .bashrc
alias mpv = 'mpv --no-border'
>>
I received my PSU from RMA which had problems with noise but worked fine before that with my PC for a year.
I installed it, but when I tried booting nothing happened, only GPU leds were lit up. Then I disconnected all hard drives, case fans and removed one stick of RAM, and the PC booted fine.
Then I reconnected 24pin, 8pin and GPU power cables, connected the fans, hdds but left the single RAM stick in. When I plugged power in GPU leds were lit up, but when I pressed the power button, there was no video, CPU and case fans spun up for two seconds then stopped, after a few moments they spun up again then stopped like the last time and this repeated one time again and then this stopped happening and GPU leds turned off. I pressed the power button again - nothing happened.
I reconnected the power cables, disconnected hdds and case fans, still nothing, even GPU leds don't light up like they always did just as power is connected. The PSU works fine on another PC.
Did I short out my motherboard or am I missing something?
>>
>>54172661
im on windows
>>
>>54171841
I think I am rekt,

Thanks for your help though

I just tried removing both SSD, than HDD

When I removed HDD and kept SSD it showed CD as only boot option

I may just take it somewhere to get it fixed. It has to be something to do with motherboard right?
>>
>>54171841
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT STARTED WOKRING AGAIN,

FUCKING THANK YOU appreciate it
>>
>>54172664
All i can think of its making a bat file and change the file association to that bat file instead of the binary.
No clue is that is possible,i havent used windows since xp.
>>
>>54172728
>It has to be something to do with motherboard right?
Could be the mobo or the SSD. If you have another spot (or another machine) you can plug the SSD in, try that.

An SSD that's out of write cycles will go read-only like I said, but it's possible for them to just be toasted as well, in which case they won't do anything at all.

>>54172741
Interesting. At this point I wouldn't trust this system to retain important data. Back up frequently.
>>
File: sweatpants_lg.jpg (219 KB, 936x1353) Image search: [Google]
sweatpants_lg.jpg
219 KB, 936x1353
What do you call that colour/texture that sweatpants come in? That grey with horizontal lines.
>>
>>54172828
Not /g/
>>
File: cas-495_10.jpg (23 KB, 326x245) Image search: [Google]
cas-495_10.jpg
23 KB, 326x245
>>54172583

Sadly it wont , the five gpus are on riser cables

There is this case but it is awful It is the PrimoChill Hasher - Rugged Crypto.
>>
>>54172863
Well then get some metal bars and/or wood and make something.
>>
>>54172688
Trying creating an mpv.conf file at AppData\Roaming\mpv

and write no-border=true

Not sure if it will work
>>
>>54172796
>Interesting. At this point I wouldn't trust this system to retain important data. Back up frequently.
Yea, j was surprised as fuck when I saw the windows 8 thing come on.

I could not agree more about backing up data.
>>
>>54172890
Looking for something prebuilt
>>
I got a TCL TV. This one, specifically.
http://www.amazon.com/TCL-48FD2700-48-Inch-1080p-Model/dp/B0108PI7WE/

It's looks great, but a little too vibrant. I can't seem to change tint or saturation in HDMI. I just have a PS3 and PS4 hooked up to it right now.
Anything I can do?
>>
>>54172929
Then why are you using MPV and not MPC-HC?

Anyway I'd probably make a mpv.bat file with "C:\path\to\mpv.exe --no-borders" in it, put it the same place as mpv.exe, and change your file association in the registry to use mpv.bat.
>>
>>54172828
heather?
>>
>>54172970
Usually TVs have tint and color adjustments somewhere in their menus.
>>
>>54173012
But when using my Playstations, those are greyed out.
>>
How can I activate windows 10? I don't want to pay Microshit dotheads any money.
>>
>>54173034
Well then you'd have to adjust it on the Playstation since the TV won't let you.

>>54173042
Microsoft Toolkit or kmspico
>>
>>54173060
And where does the PS3 or 4 have a tint option?
>>
>>54172982
this worked
thanks
>>
Is there any good software for organizing weeb music?

Specifically looking to organize my collection so google play music actually gets my album art, a lot have it in a folder called scans or similar but its just missed by google. It's a mix of flac and mp3 (when a lossless copy isn't available) if that makes any difference.
>>
With a fresh new pc would you guys suggest to cover the case in the plastic bag to prevent much dust or will it cause some kind of problems with eletricity?
>>
File: 1444724113973.gif (737 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444724113973.gif
737 KB, 320x240
>>54173237
>>
>>54173214
Whoops, I forgot the %*. Your bat file should read
C:\path\to\mpv.exe --no-borders %*

Without that, you probably won't be able to open videos with the file association.

Alternately, make the file association like
C:\path\to\mpv.exe --no-borders %1
or so -- dunno why I didn't think of that instead of suggesting the .bat file.
>>
>>54173237
Yes. Wrap your PC in plastic. It looks a bit ugly but it will prevent all sorts of dust issues down the road.
>>
>>54173304
>>54173254
I meant when im not using it.
>>
Now that Amazon has Prime available to pay each month, I'm considering to change Netflix for Prime. I just want to know some things.

1. Is the E-books exclusive to the Kindle or can I read it on anything?

2. What movies and TV-shows is on Prime, and is there the same thing on Netflix in which different countries have different databases on the movies?

3. What quality is the music and how big is the database?
>>
>>54173400
>everything you can read on amazon
>>
I want to build a new PC that I intend to use for the next 10+ years, but I don't intend to spend more than $4000 on it. Of course I checked logical increments and other websites like that, but I'm still not sure because some of those lists aren't up to date and I don't know if the hardware fits my intentions.

I basically want:
- Some normalfag linux distro as my main OS
- Windows as VM to play new games with maxed out settings
- Smooth emulation, especially for Wii games on Dolphin
- Lots of video editing, rendering and streaming
- VR crap

I know it's a bit shitty to ask instead of finding that shit out on my own, but I'm fucking afraid to spend my money on shitty hardware.
>>
>>54173392
It's most important when you are using it. It won't suck dust in when you aren't using it.
>>
>>54169944
I'm looking for a graphics card which'll support four or more displays, work well with Linux, have a PassMark score of 4-5k, and have 2+GB of memory. Anything /g/ would recommend me to look at?
>>
I have a single 8gb stick @ 1600
Just got given 2x4gb @ 1333

Is the extra 8gb worth throttling for?
Ps. The current and newly gifted RAM are different brands.
>>
Any good book or tutorial where I can properly learn how to implement the semantic process of a compiler? I already have the the lex and parser, just need a proper guide for the semantic, teacher is shit and doesn't explain crap.
>>
Is there a way for me make an image that when I drag over a text box it enters some text. Like I have a dog for example on a custom window and I drag it to my Google search box and the it enters dog in the search box?
>>
Hello /g/
A 4 slot drive bay arrived today and I put 2x5TB drives in, when in the bay the drive shows as a single partition that I can resize and store files on.
Accessing the disks from outside the bay I have the files that were already on.

Outside of possibly being unable to access my files if the bay fails, why is this and how can I keep them both the same (as they should be).
>>
>>54173587
What's your OS? Linux is very good at detecting any and all hard disks and viewing their contents. Much better than Windows is.

If you're on Windows, just download a simple Linux live ISO and boot into it and do the quick fix. You should back up your data to some other location and then transfer it back on your main OS.

Also, once you've gotten the files in a new location, play it safe and create a new partition table on the problematic drive, and format it as well.

Should fix things pretty well.
>>
>>54173513
You wont find a card that supports 4 monitors for linux.AMD/Nvidia,all cap support at 3.
>>
>>54173527
16gb isnt a meme.But since its a single channel and dual channel,you're going to cap your self at 1333.
>>
>>54173684
Not true. AMD supports Eyefinity, which supports way more than 3 monitors. You daisy chain them together.
>>
>>54173708
>what is shit performance for $9001 Alec
>>
>>54173708
you can daisy chain them together
you don't have to
there are cards with 6 mini displayports

>>54173722
a bunch of monitors for regular use hardly use up resources
not sure what you're getting at, sounds like you're doing something wrong
>>
>>54173700

I'm aware it would throttle as I said
But is the extra 8gb worth it is my question?

I do gaming if that's of any help
>>
>>54173722
If you're gonna blow a fuck ton on half a dozen monitors, might as well blow even more on some crossfire high-end cards.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-03 at 03.23.17).png (16 KB, 542x358) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-03 at 03.23.17).png
16 KB, 542x358
Help please. My pc is really old and i have problem for even watching youtube videos. Processor is always at 100% usage. How do i fix this?
pic related
>>
sublime text question:

Is there a plugin or way in sublime text to export the html/css to a new email in outlook like you can in notepad++?
>>
>>54173768
Try turning off core parking.

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Just click "Unpark All" and you're set.
>>
>>54173768
Upgrade ram
>>
>>54173527
Brands don't matter, speeds and timings do. Yes, you'll end up with slower RAM, but RAM speed doesn't make an enormous difference on most things. For instance I recently went from 1600 to 1866 on my laptop when upgrading to 16 GB since it was not much more expensive and I had to pull the old sticks anyway. No noticeable difference doing normal tasks, but it does get higher marks on RAM benchmarks.

I guess the question is, are you using close to 8 GB currently. If you're at like maybe 6 or more a lot of the time, you'd to better to take the 16 GB slower RAM. Otherwise stick with what you have. (Why 6 and not 8-and-swapping? You want to leave your OS some to use for disk cache since even slower RAM is orders of magnitude faster than if it has to go to the disk for something.)
>>
>>54173060

>Microsoft Toolkit

Thanks a lot, faggot. I just spent the last 45 minutes deleting a ton of adware and malware.

And my Winshit isn't even activated.
>>
>>54173809
First see if your cores are actually parked in Resource Monitor. From having a somewhat similar age CPU, I can say that Youtube stuttering is sort of to be expected.

Try these:
Use Firefox instead of Chrom(e|ium) for Youtube. For me, Chromium is faster for most browsing, but Firefox fares way better at Youtube.
If even Firefox can't handle it, try VLC. Open network stream and paste your Youtube URL into it.
>>
>>54173866
Don't get it from shit sites that repackage it with malware. Get it from the official My Digitial Life thread.
>>
>>54172664
Pls respond
>>
>>54173880

Riiiiight thanks for the advice, very useful!! The toolkit is on some forum thread, how fucking helpful.
>>
Any recommendations for books to read for learning C#?

I saw an oreilly book but could not find a PDF.
>>
>>54173898
Yes. The thread made by its author.

Remember, you're getting piracy tools here, not a legit product. Don't expect a shiny, glitzy Web 3.0 site. If you want pretty and no potholes along the way, get out your wallet and pay for the software you use.
>>
>>54170712
please respond
I did it with perl but I still wanna know what I did wrong.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-22 at 11.55.52).png (12 KB, 441x379) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-22 at 11.55.52).png
12 KB, 441x379
>>54173869
Pic related is what happens when i play video on firefox/vlc. I believe i did the unpark core procedure over a year ago.
>>
>>54173587
Update, Linux Mint usb and using gparted and other tools showed no difference, plugged back into windows and loaded Easeus, Aomei and default disk management.
Aomei and windows say I have 5TB raw, which I have now. Other programs say I have 10TB+

Will stick to accessing the drives using the bay only, it should last long enough to get another bay to backup these.
>>
Two questions that i'm hopeful to get an answer to at least one of them..

I am using an app called Spek to view the spectrograph of audio files.. I can not find a way to change the range of frequencies on the graph. Does anyone know how to do this?

If not, would anyone happen to know of an alternate application that can be used to view spectrographs? Much appreciated.
>>
>>54174060
You can try Audacity, but im sure its not really meant for viewing spectrographs
>>
>>54173962
switch to mpc-hc w/ madvr, actual gpu acceleration helped my performance a lot
>>
On a new Debian install, when I for example restart openssh it doesn't echo something like "restarting SSH server", it just goes straight to a new "anon@debian:~#" line. How do I get it to be more verbose?
>>
I have Asus Maximus VIII Ranger as my motherboard and I'm trying to install Windows 7 on it, with little success.

My processor is the new i7-6700K if that matters.

I'm getting my USB devices to work during the install, but it still complains that it cannot find the optical drive drivers so it won't proceed with the installation. What's quite interesting is that I don't have one connected to my computer, since my old one was still IDE and the new motherboard doesn't quite support that :)

Now apparently this is quite the general error message when some drivers are missing. Is there any way to find out what drivers are missing?

I made a boot-able USB install stick with the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool and Rufus.

The user manual for the motherboard had some guides, but they dealt with the USB 3.0 driver issues only.

tl;dr: Windows 7 installation on skylake processor via USB needs some drivers (for ???? -- can't be for the SATA controller because it does recognize the drives, and it can't (???) be the USB controller because I'm booting off USB and using a USB keyboard/mouse) and won't proceed with the installation step.

Any ideas?
>>
File: Windows-10--480x240.jpg (16 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10--480x240.jpg
16 KB, 480x240
Someone help pls.

My fps sometimes drops to about 20 or above (sometimes to 50 or something) when I'm playing a game, but when I alt-tab to desktop and then go back to game, the fps suddenly goes back to 60 or whatever my limit is. What is the problem? I have the latest drivers.

The fps usually seems to drop when the game goes from one mode to another. For example, in Rocket League everytime the game is over and I go to the main menu, the FPS drops. I get it back to 120, but when a new game starts, it drops to 20 again.
>>
>>54170844
Some enterprise and high quality motherboards store the password in a flash memory so it will stay even if you reset the power.
>>
File: win10.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
Hello fellow /g/s, I find, some complications with global upgrade pc in domain at once. I try to find posible sollution, how to set the setup to be more custom like "one click / full upgrade" way.
I don't want to sit with remote tool and manually clicking like monkey, on every pc.
Problem is, that MS release tools like ADK and MDT to deploy the Enterprise version. With 10 Pro version ISO it work somehow too, but the result is ok, only if I want fresh install or refresh, if I want only upgrade with keeping the configuration and users data from older windows, then It got a lot of problems (tested on hype-v).
Upgrade from shared Media creation tool ISO is no-customize shit and clickfest.

TL:DR - Did you find how to upgade lot of PC (mostly win 7 Pro) in comfortible way?
INB4 Ranjeet bootnet meme
>>
I just got a wireless mouse and it has this problem where it stops responding whenever an internet browser loads things for more than an instant (such as large pictures or pages with lots of objects). Once things load, it resumes working. Any idea what could be causing this?

Haven't been able to replicate it in non-browser situations. Even large PDFs or video files didn't seem to cause an issue.
Happened in both Firefox and Opera
Doesn't happen with my wired mouse.
>>
>>54174158

Didn't Intel drop support for Windows 7 on their new CPU?
>>
>>54174207
>>
anyway I can remotely check/monitor my qbittorrent torrents on Windows from my Nexus 7 2013?
>>
>>54173962
So you bought your processor to not use it?
Not using it is wasting cycles
Same with ram why is it using so much,well why did you buy 8gb when you ohnly ever use 6
Fucking retards
>>
>>54173955
Why do you want 30 and not -30?
sed -e 's/.*level=\([0-9-]\+\) dBm/\1/'

>>54173962
Is GPU acceleration enabled? Right click a youtube video. Try an extension to force the old Flash based player instead of HTML5 since that was usually faster. If you're already doing that, try disabling it.

>>54174124
Can this directly open Youtube URLs?
>>
>>54174158
You have a catch-22. Windows setup has an option to load drivers from USB or optical, but without URB drivers, you can't access your driver stored on a USB stick even if you put it there. You can't even attach an optical drive on USB.

Either get a SATA optical drive (they're seriously like $12) or remove the hard disk, format it on another computer, put the USB driver there and see if it'll let you load it. Alternately, do a full Windows install but shut it off at BIOS when it reboots the first time. The result should have all files and may be able to continue installation if you put the HDD back. You will need to boot it on UEFI or BIOS and AHCI or IDE mode set the same as you did the first phase install on.
>>
>>54174357
Not sure about on Windows, but on Linux, you can start up qbittorrent as a webserver and you can control it from a web interface. You could forward port 80 from your router, and set up dynamic DNS to give you a nice domain to access it on.
>>
>>54174660
>Is GPU acceleration enabled
My gpu is dead mate. Im gonna see if i find any of the flash extensions.
>>
>>54169944
What is the most secure messaging app on Android, and is it available on the F-Droid store? I need to be able to send and receive nudes without having to worry about them being posted online by some cunty anon or jealous CSEC agent.
>>
Having trouble with my graphics card. I've had my 7950 for about 3 years now and it's been fine so far. Card was working fine last night, but since I started playing today my FPS has gone to shit
MSI Afterburner is reporting that the GPU is being utilized 100% but the fans are barely spinning compared to how they usually do. Areas in DS 3 where I'd get 60 fps are now reduced to 30.
Not sure if the card is fucked up now, but any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>54174207
Is Winders doing some shit in the background?

>>54174260
I think you're supposed to deploy an image, not upgrade. Upgrades are for end users, not enterprises. Even if you deployed the updates to make it happen, each machine would still go download Win10 from MS's servers and clog up your connection.

>>54174531
His problem is that CPU is 100% and the video stutters like mad, retard. Also, if you use 6 GB RAM regularly you should have at least 8. The OS does not leave it unused, but uses it as disk read cache to make things faster. A bit of spare resources also make for a bit of headroom so you can launch other things sometimes and not start swapping and lagging.

I have 2 machines: one with barely enough for what I do, and one with a good bit more. On the one, I'm regularly bumping against the boundaries and watching my resource usage. The other just does whatever I throw at it near instantaneously, and I rarely even check how much RAM or CPU I'm using. Guess which is more pleasant to use.
>>
>>54174809
Even an integrated GPU sill accelerate video decoding.
>>
>>54174831
Could be dying in general, or it could be the fans that are dying. Dying fans = more heat = reduced performance as the GPU clocks down so it doesn't cook itself. Either way, you'll probably need a new GPU. Sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hello friends. I just installed my first Linus distro today: Ubuntu 16.04. Upon arrival at the desktop home screen I was shown a list of a lot of keyboard shortcuts. I was messing around with some of them. I hit alt+F1 and now my screen looks like pic related. I've tried messing with the resolution settings, rebooting my computer, and researching other sites before coming to all of you. How do I stop having these annoying-ass black bars on either side of my screen, and how do I fill my screen so that it looks normal? Thank you
>>
>>54174958
Go to settings, adjust resolution
>>
>>54174958
>Linus distro
>Linus

Linus Torvalds isn't being distributed, yet.
>>
>>54174879
Disabled html5, enabled hardware acceleration. It fixed it a slight bit. I guess im doomed until i buy new computer.
>>
File: ActiveX_logo.png (2 KB, 157x91) Image search: [Google]
ActiveX_logo.png
2 KB, 157x91
Is ActiveX proprietary?
>>
>>54175027
Posting from my phone, I didn't see the typo until I posted it :^\
>>
Hey guys I've been having problems with Google webpages. YouTube, GMail, even Google search is so fucking slow. They take forever. On the mobile apps its fine but the webpage versions are the ones suffering. Its not just my computer I tried a few others (Debian, W7, W10) same issue. Clearing DNS cache on Chrome worked for a few min. Other browser such as FF have the same problem on all computers but it doesnt happen as often. I am thinking Cox Communications (my ISP) might be throttling idk. Other websites don't have these problems, Bing and Yahoo work. Vimeo works. Pls help.
>>
What kernel is OSX running on?
>>
>>54175071
Yes.
>>
File: setup.png (71 KB, 733x450) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
71 KB, 733x450
Why doesn't this setup work? I just got a new card so its not a busted port. Do I have to go into BIOS to fix it?
>>
>>54175097
What DNS server are you using?
>>
>>54175133
I don't know, the default one I guess I didn't change it.
>>
>>54174958
>I hit alt+F1 and now my screen looks like pic related.
How about hitting again these keys?
>>
>>54175046
Lower quality too. If it can't play 720p, try 480p. Of course it won't look as nice but it shouldn't stutter.

>>54175103
iirc XNU, which is Mach with some parts of BSD added.

>>54175117
This works if your card supports it. Some budget cards have HDMI and DVI as either-or, just a way to prevent you needing an adapter.
>>
>>54175114
How can you be sure?
>>
File: 1443915073932.png (10 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443915073932.png
10 KB, 640x360
>>54174868
Im fucking well aware of caching.
>2 machines
Seems like you made mistakes with your other machine then.
>>
>>54175163
>Lower quality too.
Its 360p at almost all times. No place for old tech in 2016 i guess.
>>
File: 1375376554719.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1375376554719.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
I currently have my most things installed onto my SSD (OS + programs and games) and I wanted to do a clean format and start anew, but I have since lost my W7 CD and CD Key.

Is there a way I can retain my W7 at all?
I heard that I have to be careful when doing a reformat of a SSD. What guide lines should I follow?
Does it matter which SATA port on my motherboard I use for my SSD's?
>>
>>54175160
Oh man it's like I didn't even think of doing that and I'm retarded

I did as soon as it happened and then it gave me a black screen. I rebooted my computer, hit alt+F1 again, nothing happened
>>
>>54175163
>This works if your card supports it. Some budget cards have HDMI and DVI as either-or, just a way to prevent you needing an adapter.

I'm using a GTX 960 right now, everywhere I've looked it says it supports multiple displays.
>>
>>54175225
How about ALT+F2?
>>
Many services in init.d call log_daemon_msg but that command doesn't echo anything for me. How to fix?
>>
Is there any cost to setting a variable to a value it already has?
Basically would
if ( value != x )
value = x

just be pointless or would it run a tiny bit faster?
(This is assuming the code is in a main loop)
>>
I fapped into a tissue and threw it into the bin, now ants have taken to it like white on rice. Do I have diabetes?

(sorry, not sure if this is a bad question to ask here)
>>
>>54175176
If you're going to say don't get more than 6 GB if you don't use more than 6 GB, you aren't acting like you're aware of cache.

>that picture
You're using about 8 GB and have about 8 GB more being disk cache. By your own advice you shouldn't have much more than 8-10 GB.

>Seems like you made mistakes with your other machine then.
One was bought to do VMs, data processing and shit, so yes I actually do sometimes need an i7 and 16 GB RAM sometimes to prevent excess swapping. I only need to check its resource use when I do particularly intensive stuff.
The other is a netbook type thing I got for free and put more RAM in. It has 4 GB and I never do anything on it that needs more than 4 GB. So by the advice you posted, it should be optimal.
>>
>>54175322
taste your pee. if it's sweet, then probably.

are you obese?
>>
>>54175308
What you're referring to is a "Constant"
>>
>>54175373
No, I know what a constant is
The value of x is not constant in this situation
>>
>>54175359
No, my BMI is very normal. And I'm not tasting my own pee senpai, you wildin'.
>>
>>54174821
pls respond, I want to jerk it to my 3D gf
>>
>>54175349
Im not retarded enough to think i am using to much ram.Pic was compiling binaries in ram.
Excluding compiling i have about a 1.5 gb footprint.While the rest is being cached for everything open.Im not arguing ram size.But bitching about using it,is the most retarded thing i always see in these threads.
Your bullshit about not adding the other dimms was comical as fuck
>vm
kek this shit needs to stop
>>
>>54175479
Do you really think there is someone watching millions of photos pass by and posting the nudes?

It's the people who recieve them that post, stop being paranoid
>>
File: Capture.png (113 KB, 1409x730) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
113 KB, 1409x730
Is there a way to make the start menu orb on the bottom left smaller? I'm using smaller icons on winodws 7 and the orb size doesn't fit the smaller taskbar
>>
>>54175580
>imgur game
>go to special website
>load 100 images at a time
>find nudes
>>
File: 4423465455.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4423465455.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
I have a headset (doesn't use mic) and i have just ordered a laptop that has a combined microphone/audio jack, will i still need pic related in order to get audio to my headset? or can i just simply plug the 3.5mm audio connector in to the combined jack?

thanks in advance
>>
>>54175479
I post dick pics on /soc/ all the time who gives a fuck about nudes senpai.re nobody will give a fuck outside of your very immediate family, and it's not a given that they'll find em. Just dont show ur face
>>
>>54172368
I prefer to use input mapper, DS4Windows never seems to work for me on 8.1 I'd say try it out instead
>>
>>54169944
Can you recommend me a music player /g/?
>>
>>54175473

Have you been eating a lot of fruit? That could explain it.

If you're not obese and don't drink soda constantly then you probably don't have the beetus.
>>
File: 1405881710601.png (75 KB, 186x283) Image search: [Google]
1405881710601.png
75 KB, 186x283
How to Markdown, /g/?

I want to write my blog posts using Markdown instead of writing everything in HTML, but I have no idea where to start. What text editor should I use and how can I export the markdown file to my HTML code?
>>
>>54175713
deadbeef on linux
foobar on windows
>>
Is there even a web browser that is not shit?
Firefox and it's forks are all sluggish as shit. Pale moon is incompatible with several useful addons.
Chromium forks are fast, but requires me to connect everything or else it won't autofill certain passwords and resets some extentions every time I start the browser, even Iridium does this.
>>
>>54175877
Qutebrowser.
>>
>>54175682
I'll give it a go, thanks. Strange though because DS4Windows worked totally fine before I had to reinstall Windows 10.
>>
>>54175877
>firefox-nightly
>inox
>>
File: mp3.png (756 KB, 1296x1222) Image search: [Google]
mp3.png
756 KB, 1296x1222
>>54175713
>>54175736
Sorry i meant one of these babies, thanks for those suggestions though
>>
Guy with youtube lag here. I tried opening URL via BSplayer and it looks like it works fine. Even in 720p. Thanks to guy that suggested me to open link via player!
>>
>>54169944
I have a job I'll be doing Sunday. They want me to explain to them how to use Microsoft Access to send emails to their client. The problem is I've never used Microsoft access. Where should I go to learn about Access.
>>
>>54176133
Google.
>>
what is the name of that chromium without google project? it involved a bunch of patches if i remember right and it was on github.
>>
Trying to install OpenSuse one my macbook air.

Used Mac Linux USB Loader to create a bootable USB stick.

prompted to edit a file called enterprise.cfg with path to kernel and initrd

How do I find the path for those files?

pic related
>>
>>54175975
My Fiio X1 has great battery life and supports FLAC. Only downsides are that it doesn't have the built-in amplifier that the X3 and X5 have and it can't tell time, but as my headphones are shit and I carry a watch it's not so much of a problem.
>>
Do I need two GPUs in order to use a dual monitor setup? If the answer is no, will I suffer a performance hit if I use one window for games and the other for browsing?
>>
File: 1429946364670.jpg (115 KB, 507x461) Image search: [Google]
1429946364670.jpg
115 KB, 507x461
I've created a new Map Activity in Android Studio. I can set a marker fine, it displays and it all works, but for some reason when the activity is started, the view is off and it's not at the marker, but instead above it. You have to zoom out to see the marker, when ideally I'd want the view to be with the marker

This is my code

public void onMapReady(GoogleMap googleMap) {
myMap = googleMap;
LatLng loc = new LatLng( X, Y);
MarkerOptions mo = new MarkerOptions();
mo.title( "My Place" );
mo.position( loc );
myMap.addMarker( mo );
// myMap.moveCamera( CameraUpdateFactory.newLatLng( loc ) );
// myMap.moveCamera( CameraUpdateFactory.zoomTo( 15.0f ));
}
>>
>>54176347
also expandable memory is great desu
>>
My transfer rates on a certain drive,is as slow as 2mb/s.Its smart isnt showing anything wrong.What else should i look in to?
>>
i dont know where to post this so ill post it here

whoever recommended me a rival 300 thanks its pretty gud i like it
>>
File: wordpress-588494_640.jpg (79 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
wordpress-588494_640.jpg
79 KB, 640x426
I have a Wordpress blog, and want to buy a custom domain.
Should I pay US$18/year, or map for US$13/year one bought of another register, and pay the custom domain of this other service?
Please, take into account that each US$ costs me 4 times more in my currency!
>>
>>54175975
Why you took a fuckingly small picture and expanded it so much?
>>
I'm looking to buy a smart phone for the first time (yea, yea, I know), is there some kind of fat pasta I have to read to get into it?
What are the utilitarian no-nonsense options?
>>
>>54175633
No, just plug it in. You only need that if you want mic too and your headset doesn't use the new style 4 conductor plug.

>>54175975
I have a Sansa Clip+ running the Rockbox firmware. Sound, features and supported formats are great, but the prices are rising on them lately since they're discontinued.

I've heard good things about Fiio players. Old iPod Classic are pretty good too if you don't mind the reduced-feature firmware and using iTunes.
>>
which r390 is best: sapphire nitro or msi?
>>
>>54176353
No, you don't need two gpus for that. And if you're using one monitor for a game and the other for browsing, your GPU just needs to be powerful enough to run whatever game you want in windowed full screen otherwise you'll have to alt-tab to get mouse control away from the game.
>>
File: SPECCY.png (64 KB, 864x540) Image search: [Google]
SPECCY.png
64 KB, 864x540
Speccy reports that my DDR4 RAM is operating at a much lower frequency than what it should (2400Mhz). The processor supports 2133Mhz by default.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54176459
Not the original asker, but I don't think it's humanly possible to not mind using iTunes. Seems like Fiio's the de facto leader for now.
>>
>>54176550
go to bios
change freq
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.