[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> go to college for IT > complete tryhard mode for every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: 1432259490310s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
> go to college for IT
> complete tryhard mode for every project I do
> study all day every day a week in advance of my exams, for both finals and midterm
> do this for 3 terms
> get honours for 3 terms
> apply for 10+ different positions across several businesses over the course of 2 months
> 2 interviews, the rest don't email back
> no fucking job
> now I have to work in a barn milking cows at 4am because it's all I can find
> my fucking face when I fell for the "IT is a great field because you can work everywhere" meme
>>
Implybing you learn anything at college in an IT course
>>
Your fault for living in IOWA
>>
>>54151585
I get cisco training, php development and .NET development though
>>
>>54151549
>he fell for the collage meme
>>
>>54151652
I live in canada though, it's not as bad as the us
>>
>>54151549
Welcome to the modern job market

t. unemployed graduate of 9 months
>>
Did you get any certs?
>>
>>54151549
Nah. You got the meme wrong. That meme is about math
>>
>>54151549
Your focus should have been on programming,not exams.
>>
>>54151549
Rajesh, pls, maybe try with Microshafts viral marketing division
>>
>>54151549
Do you have certs?
Most don't look at you if you without them
>>
>>54151601
remove cisco and add java for full on pleb tier code monkey positions
>>
>>54151549
I went to a job convention for IT people and its like being the most popular kid in school. Everyone wants a piece of you. Gives you a great ego boost.
>>
>>54151756
You are just lazy, probably stupid too. Todays colleges shit out "IT professionals" on regular basis. Its an industry first and learning institution last.
Skilled and talented people who have passion for their work literally have recruiters chasing after them.
>>
Its true what people say about connections and experience. Ive already had a few IT internships, and im starting an IT job this summer, with another 2 semesters of school left.
>>
>>54151549
>> apply for 10+ different positions across several businesses over the course of 2 months
did you follow up? Did you phone? Did you walk into their offices and have a chat with someone? Did you introduce yourself personally? Did you try to at least establish if they are looking for someone? Did you remove your MLP references in your CV?

It's like you don't want a real job
>>
>>54151873
I love corporate penis in my tight boi pussi :^]
>>
>>54151549
>apply to 10+ different positions

only around 10 positions? I applied to like 80. had about 7 interviews and got 3 offers.
>>
>>54151972
yeah, full fucking homo. Just what I would've expecetd
>>
>>54151549
Are you literally me?
I'm in the same position.
>>
>>54151836
>>54151873
Wrong. CCNA will get your foot in the door with no experience. You don't need programming at all.

OP, get CCNA and find yourself a contractor. Also move to a big city.
>>
>>54152035
>Wrong. CCNA will get your foot in the door with no experience. You don't need programming at all.
you're a fucking knob for not spotting humour
>>
>>54151549
I'd rather be milking titties at 4am than a pleb code monkey being cucked in a cubical 9-5.
>>
>>54151549
Where do you live? You are worth nothing, because IT industry still requires a lot of good engineers, but I hope you do understand that a lot of work is outsourced in all these 3rd world countries (Russia, China, Ukraine, Belarus, India, Philippines and etc) cuz their labor resources are cheap af. In the USA most of the lT companies need just a set of adult managers who would rule their offshore teams. Moreover, in the USA all taxes are bigger per person, so it's not profitable to hold the development department locally. But if you live in a 3rd world shithole and you have not been able to find a job in IT even for 300-400$ per month, just for gaining experience - you are a worthless fucking retarded faggot, I hate you and don't even want to be together with you in the thread, kill yourself, don't waste my air on this fucking earth, pathetic loser.
>>
Where do you live in Canada?
I went to NBCC and had people hiring us out of the classroom, basically fighting over us.

There's IT work everywhere, just gotta look for it. 10 handed out resumes is nothing. Also, tailor your resume and cover letter to have words in there that are on the job requirements.
>>
>>54152048
You and I both know some people actually think you need that.
>>
I can't help but notice you left out your internships. You did have internships, right?
>>
>>54151916
Nah I just don't suck cock f@m
>>
File: 1391549866569.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391549866569.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
The vast majority of people like you are fucking retards. Seriously. Going to college and getting a piece of paper means jack shit these days. Sure eventually down the line it may help you rise above but right now not at all. Your post shows a lack of confidence as well as experience not only within the IT field but the industry itself as a whole and life in general.

I can get my CCNA with zero studying and I'm self taught. You done fucked up.
>>
>>54152208
t. retard
>>
>>54152212
>I can get my CCNA with zero studying
Not all of us have the privilege of being an autistic liar.
>>
>>54152199
Not OP but I'm wondering if I need an internship if I am already working home office for a company as a programmer, developing a self-coded cms for costumers. Currently in 2nd semester Computer Science but I am already doing this for more than one year.
>>
I have been in college for 1,5 years now, doing an internship at a small .NET company. My boss often mentions I should come work for him after the internship done. Next to this internship I am busy applying for a job as backend developer; they really want me but the travel distance is posing a problem.

Other than those two, I have been approached by companies at least five times, over LinkedIn and via mail.

I have no prior experience, other than school projects.

I have no idea what the fuck you're doing OP, but if you are confident and know a lot about your subject, it should be easy to find a job. Dress clean, articulate your words and be confident.

Unless you live in a third world country, it should be easy to find a job.
>>
>>54152212
Why do you care what OP does then if he's just a retard?
>>
Should have worked on your personality you sperg.

And try moving away from the farm.
>>
>>54152035
>Wrong. CCNA will get your foot in the door with no experience.
yeah for a help desk position
CCNA alone wont get you anything worth a damn.
CCNP might get your foot in the door
>>
>>54151981
This

Spent my first month applying myself ragid.
>>
>>54151549
You should have done networking

I literally walked into a job the Monday after I finished college because I knew a professor who ran a startup on the side
>>
>>54153293
Maybe it would have 10 years ago. These days everyone and their mother has a CCNP.
>>
College is useless.

I have my diploma and i make 80k a year working for an msp.
>>
>apply for programming job with defense contractor
>they can only hire permanent-citizen Americans
>can't outsource
>can't import H1Bs
>get email 3 days later asking for an interview
>official job offer 3 weeks later

Just got done filling out all of the paperwork and doing my drug test.
I start next week.
>>
>>54151549
>only 10 positions

You're competing with hundreds of thousands locally and that doesn't even factor in visas and out of staters.

You're not some special fruitfly. The HR lady will give no Fucks party because she has no clue what to look for other than leadership and diversity training
>>
just get on neetbux OP
>>
>>54151549
>apply for 10+ different positions across several businesses over the course of 2 months
anon, in other fields people straight out off college send hundreds of applications to get a job
>>
>Being this upset about getting rejection letters
Just keep applying for more positions, retard. You'll get something eventually.
>>
>>54151967

Of course not, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing this post.

Colleges don't teach autists job-seeking skills, they give them fundamentals of a concept and cash the student's check.

It's great for those of us that actually know how to act like human beings but also work in the IT field.

Thanks for being socially retarded, OP!
>>
File: 1409239021283.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1409239021283.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>Go to college for IT
>Become friends with a professor
>He gets me an internship
>They offer me a job after graduation
>>
>>54151549

IT

IT

IT

IT

IT

Why t
>>
File: 1445279422830.png (1 MB, 909x960) Image search: [Google]
1445279422830.png
1 MB, 909x960
>>54151549
>love 'computers'
>>studying IT in college
>IT graduates
>lazy to found a job
>return in college
>studying for nuclear medicine technician
>have a gf for the 1st time of my life
>easy job, no stress and chill

All the Poo Loo and Asians will take your jobs
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24 KB, 914x1091
>>54155308
Hey I have that Pepe too! Mine winks at you though
>>
>>54152212

Using brain dumps doesn't count
>>
>No internship
>No external project
>muh grades

Grades doesn't means shit in the real world
>>
>mfw I got a job offer from Amazon and I don't even have a degree, experience, and only prior job experience was warehouse work

Apparently it was the software renderer I wrote that got them interested.
>>
>>54151590
>live in Iowa
>about to graduate ITNA
>have multiple job offers
try again
>>
>>54157691
>Apparently it was the software renderer I wrote
You wrote sofware that renders software?
Or you wrote a renderer that uses software?
Please elucidate.
>>
File: s.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
s.gif
2 MB, 300x200
> do this for 3 terms
> get honours for 3 terms
> apply for 10+ different positions

3 semesters?
that seems to be the problem

3 years?
so you only got Bc?
And you are like 21/22 years old at that point?

why not going for master?
Thats what actually show employers you are smart hard working student

fucking everyone got Bc, what sets you apart in your CV from droves of others?
>>
>>54157775
Think of a custom library that rendered 2D/3D graphics like opengl or directx on the CPU instead of the GPU.
>>
>>54157798
> college
> masters
R u dum?
>>
Get an internship or something. There's another industrial revolution happening right now and every business has computers.
>>
>>54151549
Lucky you didnt fell for the "I dont need college, I can study by myself" meme
>>
>>54157817
I am european
we call it university where we get our Bcs and Masters after high school

it takes 3 years for Bc
and another 2 years for Master

Bc is considered around here rather unfinished title
like mere basic
>>
>>54151549

Your fault for falling for the STEM meme. Good luck competing with literally a billion pajeets now.

Should've gone for business or law.
>>
Competing with pajeets isn't too hard OP. Most of them purchased their shit degree from some Street side "college on a cart" in jololololobagdabad, India.

All you have to do is have a few side projects, a degree and maybe work an internship to build experience. After that you're pretty much better than 90% of all pajeets. Don't fret, it's not too late. You can still get an internship and go from there.
>>
>>54151549

See this is the problem right here. The public schools and colleges never tell you to look up your dream job's outlook on the labor statistics site because they are businesses that just want your money. Telling you to do that is like giving away the trade secrets of profit making so instead they tell you the opposite, which is to "follow your dreams." Maybe next time you need to just educate yourself and open a business or something so that you will make more money and not give two fucks about those libshits and STEMshits who wasted their time going this ridiculous degree route. But hey, congrats on getting a STEM degree though because most people can't do it. The point is if you will ever use it otherwise it is a waste of time because you only live once and all that shit you can't take with you after you die.
>>
>>54157977

Pajeets will still get the jobs because they work for pennies. They're literally a dime a dozen.
>>
>>54158003
Not really. Most corporations have figured out that their idea of putting a million pajeets in a building and expecting them to write some complicated piece of software doesn't work. Most of the time they get back some pile of unmaintainable spaghetti code that doesn't work and is filled with bugs.
>>
>>54151549

>never waste money on college
>skip to direct certification
>throw some bullshit community college on application
>ace my first interview
>boss knows im not a sperg and is eager to hire me
>dont even feel the need to shop around for better offers

>make more than you ever will in your entire life during my first 6 years working there

it literally cost me nothing
>>
>>54151549
>>54151756
>not getting internships and then getting a job
>>
>zero experience
Into the trash your CV goes.
>>
>he doesn't have 11-12 years experience in Agile Scrum, C#, ASP.NET, RESTFUL SOAP cloud computing, and Angular
BTW your resume doesn't say .NET on it why did you even apply?
>>
>Do 4 years of IT in college
>Barely pass test, a few repeat exams
>Shit GPA and Degree
>Get interview programming job for some company
>Can you program in java?
>Yeah sure
>Do you know how to use design patterns?
>Yeah a couple of them
>Ok we will give you a call.
>Week later, get call and job offer.
>Take job
>Don't know what I am doing
>Go sit at my desk and shit out crappy code that half works
>Still don't have a clue what I am doing
>Boss always checking up on me
>panic and make shit jokes and try to converse
>Boss calls me into his office one day
>So anon you have been working here for about year and you always look so stressed and overworked, are you ok?
>u-u-h yeah fine I love my job.
>Well we like your attitude so we are gonna give you a raise
It been 4 years and I still don't know what I am doing. Honestly I think my boss liking me is what saves me from getting the boot.
>>
>>54152155
Nice to hear this. I'm doing 1 more year at NSCC next year for system admin so I'm hoping I line something up in the Maritimes. I also have a hand full of connections so it should be decent.
>>
>mfw I'm 19 with two internships under my belt and currently working part time for a large hospital AND about to finish my degree in IS.

Tip top kek OP. The only people that don't get jobs in this field is autistic man children.
>>
>>54158359
He wants that boipuss
>>
>>54158359
you're still probably doing better than the poojeet before you.
>>
>>54158398
>The only people that don't get jobs in this field is autistic man children.
Wait what? This field is full of autistic man children.
Everyone in my class at college was an autistic an child
All my lecturers were autistic man children
Everyone I have ever worked with were autistic man children.
>>
>>54158044

So they decided to put the pajeets in CEO positions instead, right?

Doesn't add up. If they weren't good, they wouldn't be making it up to the top in most tech fortune 500 companies.

Stay deluded.
>>
>>54158440
I wish he is a qt.

>>54158476
Thats true, there a few indians guys here they smell and are always getting called up on their code and having group members pissed at them.
>>
>>54158517

Diversity hires.

I want to get off this ride.
>>
>>54158511
Last I checked the pajeets you're talking about got there by blowing knobs and being brown, not by their programming prowess and wisdom.

I assume you'll start cherry picking Indians in high up management positions, such as the one that "invented" the Pentium or USB to reassert your claim now, yes?

Call me delusional, but Indians bankrupt companies with their incompetence all the time and when they don't we have idiots like you touting Indians as the next great thing.
>>
File: indianceos.png (644 KB, 630x562) Image search: [Google]
indianceos.png
644 KB, 630x562
>>54158645

You sound frustrated.
>>
Can someone post an example of what kinds of projects I should have in a portfolio?
>>
>>54158790
Don't you find it slightly funny that most of them look partially white?
>>
>>54158927

Both Indians and Europeans evolved from the same primitive humans who emigrated from the Caucasus. That's why we're called Caucasians or Indo-European, you know?
>>
>>54158959
Nah, I think it has to do more with the Brits assraping their peninsula for decades and decades.
>>
File: fedora-anonymous.png (1002 KB, 655x745) Image search: [Google]
fedora-anonymous.png
1002 KB, 655x745
>>54157775
>elucidate
>>
>>54151549
Experience >>>>>> Certs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IT Education

Should have done an internship, kid.
>>
>>54157867
>3 years, not 4
That Bologna plan turned you Yuros into street shitters.
>>
File: 1398479657478s.jpg (8 KB, 185x250) Image search: [Google]
1398479657478s.jpg
8 KB, 185x250
>>54151549
>go to college for CS
>high and drunk every day
>skip most classes
>get B's
>get internship
>hired right out of college, salary + benefits + stock
>making 6 figs 3 years later
>>
>>54159069

You misspelled Portuguese.
>>
>>54159069

Most certainly not. They never have fair eyes or light hair. Those are genes they would carry if they had been raped by whites. You should have stayed in school.
>>
>>54151601
None of that is difficult to learn on your own.
>>
>>54151590
Isnt iowa the assholes responsable for slipknot?
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.