[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to use the Spotify app >constantly pauses my music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: icon.png (17 KB, 269x208) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
17 KB, 269x208
>try to use the Spotify app
>constantly pauses my music
>crashes any times
>try using Google Play
>plays no problem
>has a shit ton of music
>doesn't crash

Why is Google Play so fucking good?
>>
Cause it ain't shit
>>
If only the Play Music app wasn't a nightmare to navigate
>>
File: inb4 cherrypicking.png (119 KB, 1634x841) Image search: [Google]
inb4 cherrypicking.png
119 KB, 1634x841
>streaming and not just using local playback

jk I'd stream if mobile plans weren't garbage where I am.

What does /g/ listen to on the go?
>>
>>54143449
Are you on iOS? It's really simple on Android.
>>
>>54143449
But its simple
>>
>>54143458
That is some good taste, friendo.
>>
>>54143458
Good taste
>>
>>54143458
>goes to /mu/ once
>>
>>54143458
Gotou mariko and midori nice. Have you ever heard of omokage lucky hole?
>>
>>54143541

I've been browsing /mu/ since '09, friendo.

>>54143561

I haven't. Same style?
>>
>>54143458
>babys first trip to /mu/
>>
File: 1341201312478.png (43 KB, 249x230) Image search: [Google]
1341201312478.png
43 KB, 249x230
>>54143415
>>54143447
>>54143449
>>54143471
>>54143484

Why doesn't it default to music library when I launch it?

Listen now is dumb
>>
>>54143458
From my mpc ls:
American Football
Animal Collective
Arcade Fire
Beach Boys
Beethoven
Big Black
Bjork
Boards of Canada
Bob Dylan
Brian Eno
Captain Beefheart
David Bowie
Death Grips
Don Giovanni
Emerson Quartet
Franz Joseph Haydn
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Guaraldi, Vince Trio
Have A Nice Life
Iggy Pop
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
King Crimson
Kraftwerk
Led Zeppelin
MACINTOSH PLUS
MF DOOM
Mozart
My Bloody Valentine
Neutral Milk Hotel
Nick Drake
Pink Floyd
Queen
Radiohead
Richard D. James
Rolling Stones
Schubert
Swans
Talking Heads
The Avalanches
The Beatles
The Cars
The Megas
The Microphones
The Smiths
The Strokes
The Velvet Underground
Weezer
>>
>>54143458
dude I fucking love CAKE, does /mu/ like it too?
>>
>>54143601

Fuck no. CAKE is essential guilty pleasure core, though.

>>54143597

Good stuff minus the vaporwave. Excited for new Avalanches?
>>
>>54143415
Actually I'm having the opposite. Play Music is fucking huge and laggy on a lot of top end devices. I even had an instance where my screen remained black and had green lines being randomly drawned horizontality until i had to restart the fucker. If it weren't for ytube red ID leave this shit.
>>
>>54143458
you know some good stuff anon

my all time favourites, still listening to that stuff cause too lazy to update phone:
chemical brothers
deadmau5
(pre-2010) tegan and sara
cake
fujiya & miyagi
blue foundation
massive attack
black sabbath (ozzy era)
>>
>>54143616
>guilty pleasure core
/mu/ never ceases to amaze
>>
File: bullshit.gif (473 KB, 350x188) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.gif
473 KB, 350x188
>>54143415
>Google Play Music
>doesnt' crash
Utter bullshit.

I use both Spotify and Google Play Music, and while I definitely like Google more, the app is absolute fucking garbage. Buggy piece of shit that never wants to fucking work, destroys my battery, runs like a fucking DOS application lagging up the ass.

Suck a dick. This app needs a huge overhaul.
>>
>there's no Google Play desktop app to sync my phone with
>>
>>54143636

Well, the music isn't extremely compelling and really derivative of a lot of the typical alternative rock 90s sound, and McCrea's voice is boring as shit, but when you listen to stuff when you're young you tend to keep liking it. Also, there's a lot of nice lyricism in their music I feel.
>>
>>54143642
Your phone must be complete shit. Never once.
>>
>>54143458
It's like staring at my own music folder
Such is life for a /mu/drone.
>>
>>54143696
Nexus 6P.

You're shit. It even gives me problems on my 6s (work phone).
>>
>>54143705

I listen to a lot of musique concrète and electroacoustic music, but that kinda stuff isn't exactly fun to listen to on the go, friend. Also, /mu/ doesn't into classical and Pitchfork and Fantano are cancer.
>>
Play music has an awful interface and never works smoothly. Spotify has always worked better for me.
>>
File: 1438123019414.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1438123019414.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>54143458
Patrician taste right here
>>
>>54143415
>try to use the Spotify app
>constantly pauses my music
Fucking this. I have been having this problem so much. Even when on wifi. The fuck is wrong with it?
>>
>>54143458
All this music I don't really like...
>Thelonious Monk
We smooth.
>>
Play Music app is shit. I use it to download music then use Play Music Exporter and listen to it using Phonograph.
>>
File: 10good_anderson.jpg (23 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
10good_anderson.jpg
23 KB, 600x360
>>54143415
>try to use Poweramp with my local music library
>it just werks
>>
I use Spotify over Google Play solely because it has a darker theme
>>
>>54143471
>>54143484
It used to be way, way better. Then they did their redesign.
>>
>>54143415
Dafuq? Are you retard? Just torrent music and then play of your phone
>>
>Spotify app prevents my phone from sleeping because I might want to change the song playing on my desktop

And that's the story of why I switched to Google Play Music.
>>
>>54143574
Not exactly the same style but if you got the Midori albums from the same torrent I got it had a bunch of mariko gotou stuff outside of midori. She did a song with them for an anime opening and I looked for more of them from there.

You should look them up because of how different they are. Before then I had never heard of anything like it
>>
File: 1267749050300.png (19 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1267749050300.png
19 KB, 344x326
>>54144078
>>
Play music also has anime apparently
>>
>>54143415
Spotify as a native linux app, weekly discovery playlists and they make spotify sessions of all the hipster bands a hear.
>>
>using either
>>
File: detected.jpg (275 KB, 2340x2345) Image search: [Google]
detected.jpg
275 KB, 2340x2345
>>54143458
>>54143597
underage, more specifically, in 9th grade and just discovered /mu/ less than a month ago

>>54143498
>>54143516
either samefag or underage

>>54143741
>"Patrician taste"
>reaction image for the sake of posting a fucking reaction image
underage, literally just went on 4chan for the first time, decided to check out the other boards after browsing /b/ for a few hours
>>
I like Google play music cuz you can upload songs to it and stream it without wasting space on phone or memory stick.
>>
>>54143415
>Why is Google Play so fucking good?

Because Google understands where their dick gets sucked. Google's tapped out the whole search thing and everybody just knows to get their search shit there.

When it comes to music, Google finally has competition. And so they know they have to perform to get their dicks sucked.

Google is willing to throw good programmers at things that get their dick sucked.

Not like that fucking UI for Google Drive. Fuck the interns they hired for Drive. Fuck them right in the ass.
>>
>>54144514

Name an important event on /mu/ prior to 2011. I'll hold my breath while you frantically search the archive for something.
>>
File: lisa_2.jpg (38 KB, 699x524) Image search: [Google]
lisa_2.jpg
38 KB, 699x524
>>54144532
You sure do like talking about sucking dicks, Anon. Would you like to discuss why you are so infatuated with dick sucking?
>>
Using Apple music. It's pretty good so far. I've used all three streaming services and they all mostly work the same. Mostly had more issues with spotifys offline caching with it constantly deleting my music.
>>
>>54144532
>Not like that fucking UI for Google Drive. Fuck the interns they hired for Drive. Fuck them right in the ass.

Thank you
Holy fucking shit I'd rather use OneDrive
>>
>>54144580
how are the radio stations on apple? i hated the ones on spotify but the google stations are pretty good.
>>
>>54144552
You wanna talk about why you don't wanna get yo dick sucked?

Fuckin' stay with me though, look at the fucking Google Drive UI. It's the fucking worst shit I've ever seen. Mixed up files types and stuff that doesn't match up together, that's default organized by when you accessed things last and a bunch of shit that doesn't make any sense for organizing things across multiple platforms and the whole thing looks like a bunch of fuck-tier coke lines when you use any kind of wide screen monitor?

Worst.
Shit.
Ever.

Fuck you Google Drive. You're where Google's programmers go to die, and/or server their shitty internships from fuckboi California colleges.

You know what takes a little balls? When you go and want to stream shit. When you wanna stream shit and you gotta attract fuckers who could get jobs at like... Soundcloud, or fuckin Netflix. When you have a small group of people who are good at shit nobody else is good at, do you know what you have to say?

"You gonna get yo dick sucked"

100%
>>
>>54143667
????
Use the webpage and everything syncs, that's the entire point of the service.
Go into settings and hit refresh on your phone if it isn't keeping up to date.
>>
>>54144649
Sorry to say that I don't use radio stations or playlists. I'm pretty particular with my music so I generally find it all myself and just add it to my library.
>>
>>54144514
>I don't know anything about other boards but I pretend I do
Just brain yourself honestly
>>
>>54144650
This. I used to have drop box and google drive and google drive was always a nightmare to use.
>>
Nigs
>>
What gets me about Google Play Music is that it requires me to "authorize" my device to play my own fucking music - I don't make purchases from Play Music, ever, but I do have about 17,000 songs stored on their servers which means Google takes my perfectly encoded embedded cover art and meticulously tagged files and fucks them up utterly by mismatching the bitrates with what they think is a good file as well as completely obliterating the tags too, and cover art as well.

It's odd because when I make purchases of movies or TV shows (or grab the free stuff they offer on occasion) that never requires me to "authorize" a device.

Right now I have like 8 devices showing up under Play Music and it won't let me deauthorize ones that I don't even own anymore because I deauthorized 4 of them in the previous year. Looks like I have to contact their support to ask them to graciously allow me to wipe everything from my account.

Even iTunes doesn't require me to authorize a computer just to play my own god damned music, geez.

Also: I created a playlist on Play Music and I can't delete it - I don't mean "I" can't do it because I certainly can, I mean that Play Music won't allow me to delete it, and I'm not along as their support forum has a multitude of complaints about that aspect.

>Google, fucking things up constantly in their attempts to supposedly make things better
>not even for one second
>>
>He does not use Apollo or Eleven

Kek @ u
>>
>>54143458

That's part of why I love T-Mobile - I can stream music from dozens of streaming audio services as much as I fuck well please and it doesn't ding my data at all (I'm on the $30/month 5GB plan). Hell, I can run speed tests and watch videos without being dinged as well.

>last month I did 19.7GB of speed tests all around my city
>streamed 11.2GB of audio
>watched 27GB of videos
>ended the month with 3.9GB of actual "billed" usage

I fucking love T-Mobile, seriously.
>>
>>54144964

>TMO doesn't even have 3G in my area

Suffering, anon.
>>
>>54144974

Ouch, fuck that backhole backwater BFE bullshit, move motherfucker, and right soon.
>>
>>54144980

>moving just for a different cellular service

No thanks. Hell, I even get fiber optic internet in my area. Just no 4G coverage save Verizon. 128 GB microsds are $40 now so I don't sweat it.
>>
>>54144964
I am seriously thinking of switching to T-mobile
>>
>>54144997

>128 GB microsds are $40 now

Ouch, I just got a Samsung 128GB EVO+ (read speeds tested at 78MB/s, writes at 62MB/s in my G4) at Fry's for $25, you really need to move, son.
>>
>>54144155
Have a Note 5. Storage is limited
>>
Is the 10$ a month worth it?
>>
>>54143415
They fucked up by removing instant mix
>>
File: .jpg (21 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
21 KB, 130x184
>>54144950
>currymod
>>
>>54143458
A lot of mu-core mixed with field recordings, library music, jazz and vaporwave
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.