[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android beats Apple in ditching the headphone port on smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: Headphones.jpg (78 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Headphones.jpg
78 KB, 950x534
http://www.androidauthority.com/first-phones-without-headphone-port-run-android-687910/

>There has been a lot of discussion about the rumor that Apple is doing away with the headphone port on the upcoming iPhone 7. While we in Android-land likely smirked and counted ourselves lucky, the first three smartphones with no headphone port have just been announced in China. And they run Android.

>LeEco, formerly LeTV, today revealed the new Le 2 range, including the Le 2, Le 2Pro and Le Max2, none of which sport the familiar 3.5mm headphone port we’ve been using since we first started attaching headphones to smartphones. Instead, these phones all support USB Type-C digital headphones through the charging port.

Now it's a race to get a phone out with no headphone port? I thought they said it was a dumb idea.

Jesus Android users are pathetic.
>>
It is a dumb idea.
Android users didn't make this.
>>
>android users did this

Let me make some calls to my phone manufacturing plant in China and get this straightened out
>>
Oppo R5 anyone?
>>
>Be using my usb type c meme headphones
>Accidentally drop phone or bump headphones or knock port
>Broken charge port, audio jack and usb in one go
>Phone fucked not covered by RMA
Thanks android.

Welp gonna keep my m8 forever i hardly ever upgrade phones.
>>
Jesus this is the stupidest fad in the phone world in a very long time. 99.999% of headphones and earphones use a standard jack why the fuck would anyone take it out?

>Inb4 muh thinness
Phones that are too thin are actually harder to hold. Also who the fuck cares about thinness, unless you wear faggot jeans that stick to your skin like a wet suit in which case kys.
>>
>>54133927
>>Phone fucked not covered by RMA

This is what happens when you cheap out and go Android instead of iOS.
>>
>>54133945
>bend iphone
>go to Apple store
>"oh it's a feature, you want us to help bend it even further?"
>>
they're already was a chink phone that ditched the jack for muh "thinness" a few years ago
>>
>>54133943
>Phones that are too thin are actually harder to hold.
Nigga what?

Also it saves space inside, allowing a bigger battery.

>>54133987
It's the same as entire market started making smartwatches because of a rumor that Apple does too, this is just the start. Flagships won't have headphone jacks in the next two years.
>>
>>54134088
What the fuck? Smart watches were coming out long before Apple even thought of entering the game. It sped up drastically when Google released Android wear.
>>
This is exactly why Android is superior to iOS.

There will always be retarded device manufacturers.
With Android you can pick from a range of manufacturers --one of them is sure to be sane.
With iOS, you gotta hope that Apple won't JUST.
>>
>>54134158
The whole smart watch bullshit started when rumours of Apple planning to enter that market emerged. It's always the same thing, even though Apple didn't do anything worthwhile for years now, they still control the market.
>>
>>54133945
Is that why Apple won't fix the camera in my iphone 6 plus, nigger?
>>
>>54134266
Funny enough, you can credit the success of it to their honest marketing. Apple doesn't even pretend that the shit is useful and sells them as fashion accessories to show people how hip you are, while others try to make something useful of a device that CAN'T be useful.
>>
>>54134205
>With iOS, you gotta hope that Apple won't JUST.
And they rarely do.

I appreciate the nature of android, but the fact both android developers themselves keep adding then caping features for whatever reason, then manufacturers either work upon or ignore / block the same features altogether just makes the platform too much of a clusterfuck, just look at the external storage option for marshmallow and how s7 deals with it for instance.
>>
>>54133751
2007: iphone is released
2009: android redesigned to touchscreen is released, apple fans watch

2013: iphone with fingerprint sensor is released
2014: androids with fingerprint sensors start getting released, apple fans don't care

2015: iphone adds some unneccesary, little features that other mobile OS have (symbian, android, windows mobile), like 3rd party keyboards & widgets
android fans: "god damn it crapple stop stealing our features #OOPS #WELCOMETO2014 #ANDROIDMASTERRACE"
>>
>2013
http://m.gsmarena.com/alcatel_one_touch_idol_ultra-5231.php
>>
>>54133751
So much le I actually thought I'm on reddit
>>
>>54133751
Are we seriously revering back to early 2000 phones with no native headphone jacks?

This is a retarded idea unless they also plan to add several ports to a phone.
>>
>>54134374
>And they rarely do.

I remember people complaining about every iteration of iphone as far back as the 4.

iPhone 4/4s
>"But you can't hold it like a normal phone because of muh reception!"
iPhone 5/5s
>"But why is it so long?"
iPhone 6/6s
>"But why is it so big?"
>>
Why the fuck is this a good thing?
>>
>>54134515
>ifags needed to catch up on resolution and size
>"B-b-but we made touchscreens popular!"

watch them say the same shit when they finally upgrade the battery for once.
>>
>>54133751
>android users control hardware choices by manufacturers

I guess apple wins again huh OP? You shit posting fuck boy.
>>
кeк, better hope they somehow get analog sound out of a usb-c port or every pair of headphones will need its own DAC and will sound worse while costing twice as much
>>
>>54134887
it's not.
but chinks gonna chink, and this is a blow to the famous apple advertising.
>>
Isn't the benefit that noise-canceling and other features won't need to be charged by batteries? It's an interesting but probably bad trade-off. Plus, noise-canceling is not a really useful feature anyway.
>>
I didn't know Android was a company that made phones
>>
>>54134266
But the Oppo R5 was 3.5mm-less and was released a while ago
>>
>>54134834

iPhone SE
>"But why does it look the same?"
iPhone 7
>"But why will it look different?"
>>
>>54133751
Why are you blaming android and/or is users? Android is an operating system and users have no control over device manufacturers.

Sub-par b8 m8
>>
>>54135155
>Sub-par b8 m8
Yet you still replied :v)
>>
>>54133751
The great thing about android is you can choose a different phone. With iOS you don't get a choice, you're stuck with whatever apple is selling.

TL; DR you're autistic as fuck if you think some chink shills phasing out headphone jacks means everyone's gonna phase them out
>>
Android getting cucked by Apple again, this time on rumors. Top kek
>>
>>54134075

That one probably didn't have an USB Type-C port. This one does. USB Type-C is revolutionary, man!
>>
>wanting a digital output instead of analog

top fucking kek
>>
it is a dump fucking idea and i wouldnt be surprised if these sold poorly
>>
>>54134893
wasn't 4 (retina) first hidpi smartphone?
androidfags forgetting the truth as always
>>
>>54135680
1. they probably were extremely rare with horrendous specs. when apple released 5s, every mainstream/flagship phone had a scanner
2. proof?
>>
>>54134515
>2013: iphone with fingerprint sensor is released
>2014: androids with fingerprint sensors start getting released, apple fans don't care
Motorola Atrix 4G
>>
>>54135740
Can't really compare that shit to the close to perfect sensor on 5s, that is still unmatched by Android phones.
>>
File: motorola-atrix-europe.jpg (86 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
motorola-atrix-europe.jpg
86 KB, 600x462
>>54135724
>>
>>54135809
>that is still unmatched by Android phones
except the ones on the 6P or S7 or HTC 10
>>
This is such a bad idea. Think of the security implications this has.
>>
>>54135809
But it was first, so let me fix your timeline

>2011: Motorola releases fingerprint scanner phone
><unknown>: Apple buys company that made it
>2013: Apple releases fingerprint scanner phone
>>
>>54133751
>chinese trash company releases 3 chinckphones
>Jesus Android users are pathetic.

lol
>>
>>54135884
Well, first matters for the kids who care about "muh innovation" for the end user it's about the experience and Apple were the ones who did it right. Pretty much same story as with smartphones and tablets. Besides, other Android manufactures started to add it to their flagships after 5s.
>>
>>54133751
oh boy, the famous "Le" smartphones, i guess every other android device manufacturer will follow their steps

i mean come on, if Le does this shit, who won't
>>
>>54133751
>some chinese phone nobody knows doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone port
>hurr durr, Android is ditching headphone ports too, eat this androidfags :^DD
>>
No, SMARTPHONE USERS IN FUCKING GENERAL are pathetic.

Jesus fuck, you dumb children. Stop using these pile of shit tracking devices.

Goddamn it, you're all retarded.
>>
It is a dumb idea. Good thing I won't need a new phone for the next 15 years.
>>
>>54136370
Triangulation.

All phones, traditional and smart track.

Basically youre saying only use cash and dont ever use a computer
>>
File: 1460426209568.jpg (8 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
1460426209568.jpg
8 KB, 220x180
>chinese quickly announce a jackless phone to beat Apple to the "innovation"
>>
>>54135952
>it only counts when Apple does it!
>>
>>54135604
No, but it was the first that marketed it
>>
File: 1459816757653.jpg (357 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
1459816757653.jpg
357 KB, 2048x1356
>>54134374
>And they rarely do
>>
>>54136379
Yes, all mobile devices, not just smartphones.

>only use cash
Yep. You're dumb if you use a fucking credit card for anything.

>don't ever use a computer
What? You do realize "tracking" is about preventing people knowing where you GO, right? OH GOD PEOPLE KNOW I'M AT HOME HOW EVER DO I PREVENT PEOPLE FROM KNOWING WHERE I LIVE, SOMETHING THAT IS KNOWN ANYWAY

And website tracking is EASILY defeated.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (129 KB, 767x951) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
129 KB, 767x951
Apple copying others as usual.
>>
File: 1460233027702.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460233027702.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
> USB Type-C
Do any headphones even support that shit?
I've seen headphones with USB ports but they're for charging
>>
>>54136446
all apple phones to date, including the newest, have a headphone jack
>>
File: saddest_cat.jpg (282 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
saddest_cat.jpg
282 KB, 1280x1280
>>54133945
Apple stuff breaks all the time too though. Especially the phones and their buttons
>>
>>54136469
they're probably shipping an adapter in the box

That's what OPPO did with the R5
>>
>>54136440
Only using cash is a non option, this would mean i cant buy stuff on the net, cant invest in stock and cant do a whole lot of ther stuff.

They still know yoire at home, which they can deduce youre movement from.
>>
>>54136469
A lot of good headphones like the m50x have detachable cables so you can easily switch it
>>
File: popcorn.jpg (89 KB, 512x382) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.jpg
89 KB, 512x382
>>54136569
>m50x
>good
>>
>>54136555
>can't buy stuff on the net
Garbage and insecure
>can't invest in stock
Stock is laughably dumb anyway. "Let's value our company by the whims of a bunch of dumbfuck profit-motivated idiots!"
>of other stuff
Like what? I've gotten by cash-only for years with a real job, an apartment, bills, etc. Stop being brainwashed by greedyfuck credit companies that want nothing more than to ruin you and your future.
>>
>>54133751
>Android beats Apple in ditching the headphone port on smartphones
shit didn't know android made hardware
>>
>>54134088
Firstly, different guy here.

Your logic:
>thinner phone=more space for battery

So, you're telling me the smaller a space is, the more shit can fit in it? How short is your bus?
>>
>>54136615
Enjoy the cops seizing your $20000 that you saved up to buy a new car that you had in cash on you
>>
>>54133751
All I read was
>le le le le le le le le le le
So a Reddit phone from a Reddit company ditched le headphone port?
Sacrebleu!
>>
>>54133751
>LeEco
Oh come on, that's pathetic even for a shill.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.