[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My VPN sub is expiring in a couple of weeks. Should I resub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
My VPN sub is expiring in a couple of weeks.

Should I resub to Private Internet Access or is there another one that I should be using?

Preferably one that I can use on 3 computers in 3 different household simultaneously
>>
>>54131784
Ipredator
Ipvanish
Mulvat
>>
>>54131784
>Private Internet Access
aren't their speeds shit?
>>
I'm using vpn.ht and it's p good
>>
Question op-- have you checked your current VPN for DNS leakage? I checked and was surprised to find the fucker has been leaking the entire time, ruining the entire point.
I'm about to dump and get a better one, researched a few good ones if you want will post.
Yes, I know people here hate Mac, but does anyone know if DNS leakage is a specific problem to Mac? Have spent 40 hours+ over past 2 weeks trying to plug it without luck, and my company (I didn't do enough research) is complete shit...
>>
>>54132296
I haven't had dns leakage on Windows or Linux. Try booting up a Linux VM
>>
>>54131915
>aren't their speeds shit?
Depends on which one you pick. Best speed supposedly "Hide My Ass," but they both keep a log and leak DNS, so defeats whole purpose.
I found a few good ones going to try next month, let me pull up the names..
>>
>>54132314
no, I mean specifically PIA speeds. I'm using nordvpn and getting 90mbps on 100mbps connection. I heard PIA gets like 10mbps
>>
Nordvpn is good. You get 6 simultaneous connections as pong as they are not on the same protocol and server at the same time.
Those of you with DNS leak problems need to check your VPN's settings. They almost always have the option.

Also be careful of Webrtc leaks, see ipleak dot net
>>
>>54132332
I get ~60mbps on my 60 mbps
>>
>>54132296
What browser do you use?
>>
this one has good reviews:
https://cryptostorm.is
https://www.privatetunnel.com
Ipvanish
Btguard
Basically anything other than "Hide my Ass," who keep a log and will sell you out to Feds for anything in a second, including bittorrenting. If you are going to torrent, a few of them specifically say they welcome it on their services.
Also, look fo rones with a record of going to court even to protect fucking degenerate pedos, bc that means will protect you for torrenting or whatever.....
>>
>>54132375
>What browser do you use?
>>54132375
>What browser do you use?
Use firefox, got an extension on firefox that helps cover up part of it, but it still leaks.
Made a really shitty choice not to research before going with first one that had good speed.
I need to mess with my network DNS settings further and set to Open DNS, but heard that will still leave a log. Mac is really shit for this kind of thing it seems. And they offer no patches of course.
>>
>>54132337
>Those of you with DNS leak problems need to check your VPN's settings
Have been trying. VERY dumb to pay for "Hide My Ass" in advance, as have already said.
They offer no solution and basically tell you to "fuck off, send us your question by mail" and then never get back to you.

I know, my own fault for making a newbie mistake and assuming that if they had a big following, they had to be a good company. Live and learn.
>>
>>54132332
>no, I mean specifically PIA speeds. I'm using nordvpn and getting 90mbps on 100mbps connection. I heard PIA gets like 10mbps
Pia speeds are shit. You seem to have a good deal going with Nord, that's a good speed (Now I know a lot after 2 weeks of research I should have done before I waded into VPNS)
If you use and are happy with it, not with the risk to save the money and end up with a clusterfuck.
>>
Cryptostorm
You literally can't beat them
>>
>>54131784
Nordvpn has been decent for me. 5 devices, 35 $ a year on sale
>>
>>54132332
I have found that nord VPN does not have any DNS leaks and is fast and secure
>>
File: chrome_2016-04-20_16-01-48.png (38 KB, 922x558) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-04-20_16-01-48.png
38 KB, 922x558
>>54132482
looks like Edward Snowden doesn't like it
>>
>>54132532
>Some of there servers
>There

Also, I haven't been arrested yet, which is a good reason to trust them.
>>
buy vps, setup openvpn, set your own keypairs, destroy your own logs, give zero fucks.
>>
>>54133296
more like

>buy VPN
>enable SSH
>Proxy through VPN
>>
>>54133296

Have VPS collect logs of your connections
Have VPS report to authorities
Get v&
Give zero fucks in jail
>>
>>54133321
not every program supports socks5
>>
>>54133329
and how do you think a normal vpn provider works?
have VPN's provider collect logs
have VPN's provider report to authorities
Get vanned

step one is picking a vps provider that isint a cuck, just like with picking a vpn provider you mongoloid.
>>
>>54133403

There are numerous VPN providers that specifically state that they dont log anything at all - period - from you

Please direct me to a VPS that states they dont keep logs
>>
IPredator
>>
>>54133454
How about just picking any of the dozens of providers who advertise as being outside the 5 Eyes?

That's where you're going to pick a VPN provider anyway, unless you're stupid enough to pick one inside the 5 Eyes.

You're not that stupid... Are you anon?
>>
>>54133491

You really think that matters at all, where your VPN provider is located? You really think that just because laws dictate otherwise that they cant get what they want?

Maybe you should be more paranoid
>>
This is why you guys are leaking DNS: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=758772
>>
>>54133542
No, I use it because they don't keep logs and it's the same people that run the pirate bay.
>>
>>54133587

When you realize that - everyone - really does keep logs, rather directly or indirectly, you will realize that there is nothing you can do to circumvent it, regardless of what lies you're being told
>>
>>54133601
Why are you even in this thread? Just to shit post? Are you a nsa shill?
>>
>>54133661

If I was a NSA shill wouldn't I be telling you that everything is encrypted and the government cant see your datas? I'm in this thread to enlighten the un-enlightened
>>
>>54133695
You can't know that what you claimed is true unless you personally inspected all VPN server setups. What you are doing is FUD.
>>
>>54133513
>the 5 Eyes
It's 14 now
>>
>>54133719

Can you claim that anything I have said is untrue? If not then you are in the same position as me
>>
>>54133737
No, I can't -- and I didn't. I just pointed out the flaws in your argument; Just don't say things that you don't know are true for sure or at least prefix them with "I think". What you are doing is helping no one.
>>
>>54133748

You telling everyone that they are safe and protected isn't helping anyone either. The irony is that you called ME the NSA shill.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160420_165953.png (108 KB, 1319x812) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160420_165953.png
108 KB, 1319x812
>>54133767
I didn't claim you were wrong, I just said that you can't know that you are right.
>>
>>54133784

And you cant know for sure that I don't know for sure
>>
>>54133799
Yes, I can. At some point things become inplausible and you are just being a retard now. Unfortunate.

Anyways, don't spread FUD -- You help everyone that way, even yourself.
>>
>>54131784
just get a VPS.
>>
>>54132379
is PIA considered one that will protect your for torrenting?
>>
>>54133814

Consider yourself in denial. I hope that safety blanket works and scares away the mean monsters, but in real life that's not how it works
>>
>>54133858
Consider yourself arguing a lost point.
>>
>>54133864

I wouldn't even consider it an argument at this point, just bickering. You can chose whatever you want to believe
>>
>>54132482
Are these for real? Their site looks like shit ...
>>
I've never had any issues with PIA
I'm using notdvpn right now and I'm pretty happy with it
>>
Any canucks in here who can help me find a good VPN?
>>
>>54134305
I'm in the same position. After this thread I don't know who to trust.
>>
>not connecting to TOR through a VPN on your computer connected to a proxy server that's on a VPN that's connected to a proxy on the router
>>
>>54134336
Too much bickering and not enough suggestions. I've been wanting to find a good VPN but these threads always devolve into monkey shit-slinging over some dumb shit.
>>
>>54132347
how exactly is that possible? you have to lose some bandwidth, it's like thermodynamics or going from lossy to lossless.
>>
>>54134305
>>54134390
>>54134336
The best VPN is not doing anything illegal over the internet at all
>>
>>54135123
>nothing to hide nothing to worry about goy, just let us see everything goy, dissent is treason goy.
>>
>>54135294
>dissent is treason goy
But it is
>>
>>54135123
Good goy
>>
File: d.jpg (140 KB, 1919x793) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
140 KB, 1919x793
the whole reason of using a Private Internet Acess VPN is to do the most illegal shit on tor.
>>
>>54135123
>>54135585
Found the nsa shills
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.