[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/19/ intel-cuts-12-000-j
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17
> http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/19/intel-cuts-12-000-jobs-in-restructuring-initiative/

Intel shills on suicide watch
>>
zen is 128 bit
>>
It's over, Intel is finished.
AMD is even more finished.
>>
>tfw those 12000 jobs used to belong to your average straight white male misogynist oppressor
>>
This is the future we choose

>The cloud will be for everything
>No more processors
>No more HDDs or SSD
>No more GPUs
>Only terminal to Online Cloud-computing

>No more phone
>Only terminal to Online-GameStore

>No more TVs
>Only terminal to Online-Entrateinment

>All this terminal will be only one terminal connected to your VR-terminal
>FB, Twitter will be necessary to connecto to your terminal

>No more coding
>everything we need will be only setting some shitting preference

>No more facebook, twitter, Amazon, google, microsoft
>Only a big one coproration that controls everything

>Has right to live and death on people.
>No more country
>No more race
>No more gender

>And suddently no people.

Goodbye
>>
>>54122662
and who's gonna build such immense bandwidh infrastructure for everyone?

That's retarded by design.
>>
>>54122273
>IoT

YASSSSS
COMP ENG IN THIS BITCH
>>
>>54122273
cutting out pajeets with automation isn't a bad thing though anon.
>>
Where is sheldor going to work?
>>
>>54122273
>IoT
>in 10 years your fucking stove can be infected with cryptolockers that will threaten to burn down your house if you don't transfer buttcoin to some slav hellhole.

What a wonderful time to be alive.
>>
Just lost my job as a literal shill for Intel... AMA
>>
>>54122742
Due to the fact that everyone is archiving stuff online and buying phones with high-end processors and RAM capacity the Computer market will fade down. High and CPUs are discontinued and no more producted. New Xeon CPUs with hardcoded backdoors and OS-locked(windows). Powerfull servers are built and form them you can have access to your stuff. People start using them because they are here. More information are controlled by "them". Big agencies make alleances and share their user's information. The users starts to defend them because they do so much for them.

>Privacy is no more a thing

Agencies who made alleances starts merging. It will be a big surprise when Micorsoft buys Apple. Intel is bought by Amazon and AMD by Alphabet and Google. Some times later Microsoft and Google merge together. Amazon will eventually fail and bought by Microsoft/Google. Every thing is controlled. Phones are everythings producted by now.
>>
>>54122820
Would you like a position from AMD? They're plentiful and well paid by the state of this board.
>>
File: grand wizard.png (400 KB, 816x1020) Image search: [Google]
grand wizard.png
400 KB, 816x1020
>>54122273
Sincerely,

Jim 'You Bet Your Fucking Ass I'm A Wizard' Keller
>>
File: 1459287912164.jpg (21 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459287912164.jpg
21 KB, 480x480
Not surprising desu. Have you seen their shows lately? Bunch of mouthbreathers showing off smart jewelry and smart socks and a bunch of other dumb shit. They have no idea what to do now.

They'll live off their enterprise chip money while trying to convince people they are still relevant for other things
>>
They cut jobs from the lowest tiers so it will be all the minorities that go.

Get rekt.
>>
>>54122775
This is Intel, not AMD
what got fired were white males with actual qualifications
>>
>>54122273
This is a good thing because it means the prices of their i7s will drop. Zenfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>54122879
They're just restructuring based on the market.
They're literally still the market leaders in PC.
The market is shrinking, that's bad for both Intel and AMD. If you don't understand that you're literally retarded.
>>
>>54122832
Agencies who made alleances starts merging. It will be a big surprise when Micorsoft buys Apple. Intel is bought by Amazon and AMD by Alphabet and Google. Some times later Microsoft and Google merge together. Amazon will eventually fail and bought by Microsoft/Google. Every thing is controlled. Phones are everythings producted by now.

Form this time GNU/Linux is dead because Stallman and Torvalds are killed and the internal fight for SJW destroy what's left. Now internal memory is no more for single users. Seagate and WD merge with Samsung to make 1mtx1mt SSD hyper resistent. Now you had to cloud.
To connect you need to prove your ID but how? In all this time the so called "Social network" has collected so much information that Micorsoft/Google bought it. Because Zuckemberg bought Twitter, Tumblr is dead and so 4chan. Now the government has you to make an FB account to identify yourself. This big corporation can have influence on people decision an government.

>No more coding
>everything we need will be only setting some shitting preference
Because why leave this option to people? people doesn't need to code. machine can do it. Soon no one knows how that machine works soon they will adore computers like old idol or gods.
>>
Fuck, time to dump Intel stocks?

I thought Intel was a big company and 36$ per stock seemed still undervalued to me, not anymore.
>>
i work for intel and this very morning before anyone heard the news i got a call from google and an invitation to a job interview there.
you think they knew?

>tfw i might get fired
>>
tfw intel will never give you any reason to upgrade beyond a Sandy Bridge
>>
And why the fuck is Qualcomm so overrated?

It has been shit for quite a while, the new Snapdragon 820 is also a house fire.
>>
File: 1460794127190.jpg (162 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1460794127190.jpg
162 KB, 1462x1462
>>54122273
>Intel killing themselves due to the stagnation of a monopoly

Funny.
>>
So can anyone explain what the fuck is the point of IoT? It sounds like a meme to me. I read about some shit Google's working on that will let me see an ad on my phone every time I walk by a coke machine. Is this the power of IoT?
>>
>>54123185
Don't they have a lot of patents for like LTE and shit? They are getting a cut on everything sold.
>>
>>54123225
The point of IoT for Intel is putting an Intel chip into everything you can think of.
>>
>>54123225
So fuckerberg can track your every movement. It's the "future", and not in a good way.
>>
>>54122273
Mass suicides incoming as Intel realizes that people won't upgrade their "IoT" devices for 10 years because they are fucking appliances.
>>
>>54123225
you end work, log in into your stove, set temperature to X degrees to heat your lunch so it's hot by the time you come back home

turn lights off/on from anywhere

do some shit with your fridge

basically whole kitchen will be in your network

it all sounds nice until someone hacks your stove and sets your house on fire
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (152 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
152 KB, 1440x900
>>54123273
>Intel finds out you're using AMD CPU
>Intel hacks your toaster
>House on fire
>Everyone blames AMD
>>
File: 1459203214505.jpg (49 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1459203214505.jpg
49 KB, 403x403
>>54123309
Joke's on you. I don't have a toaster.
>>
>>54123273
Yeah this all sounds stupid, and I get along well enough without it. Maybe useful to help older people live on their own, but otherwise I get the same vibe as from Internet appliances, and we all know how those turned out.
>>
>>54123424
>>54123424

it sounds stupid but i'm sure someone will make a really creative way of using it and we'll feel retarded for not thinking of it sooner

and after that someone will break the shit out of that idea and people will have new subject to be pissed off at
>>
>>54122273
Looks like the 300 million dollar diversity program is paying of.
>>
>>54122273
Writing was on the wall years ago. Blame intel and MS for continuing to charge insane prices for their shit, to the point where low end desktop PCs still cost hundreds of dollars despite having mobile-tier processors.
>>
>>54123137
>stocks
>>>/biz/
>>
>>54123198
this desu sempai. Market failure eventually starves even the prime benefactor once the ecosystem collapses..

With all the propriety firmware moving that direction, the "internet of things" is setting up to be the least secure thing we humans have ever constructed.
>>
Should have bought an i7 extreme in 2014. There hasn't been anything better since that, and for the mainstream segment there won't be in many many years. Broadwell-E will have a 10 cores, but it's 1500$ and their 8 and 6 core models will have exactly the same price and performance as Haswell-E.
>>
intel employee here. it's not the mobile market that will end intel. you wanna know why intel is finished?

>people hardly even work here, maybe 30% of the time is spent working
>too many fucking meetings and discussions and planning, hardly anything gets done
>diversity hires everywhere who can't code for shit, dumb ass arabs and shit
>women everywhere who can't code for shit, go on 6 months maternity leave while getting paid
>the company spends a shit load of money on retarded things like "team events" and "group events" and "department events" and all that crap no one even wants to go to but has to
>massage chairs, expensive "modern" furniture, shit load of food, etc. woops no money for your paycheck!
>people are all about covering their ass and make it look like they do anything important
>spend all their cash on retarded meme tech no one wants like smart socks or whatever
>they literally hired will.i.am as a "visionary"
>absolutely zero vision for the company, they just go with whatever the meme tech "journalists" from techcrunch think is the future

have you seen the movie "office space"? it's pretty much that only taken to the extreme.
if i were the CEO i'd lay off 50% of the people here including the entire management team.
sad thing is, i will probably get fired soon.
>>
>>54122903

This desu.
>>
I have always wondered why Intel shares were so low in value.
>>
>>54124365
>it's pretty much that only taken to the extreme.
Is there an employee obsessed with a red stapler? No? Are there rituals where you beat in an old printer? No? Then it's not Office Space taken to the extreme.
>>
>>54124365
They hired a lot of retards now they're firing them.
>>
>>54124365
sounds like every big company ever
>>
>>54124365
It's like that at literally any large corporation of >10k employees. I know exactly what you feel and it makes me rage on a daily basis.
>>
Is intel donenin the long run
>>
>>54122343
I keked.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-18-19-16-10.png (350 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-18-19-16-10.png
350 KB, 1440x2560
>>54123185
my lg g5 hasnt burnt my house down, bro. dont see the issue with it
>>
>>54123180
Lmao what did they do, they've sent your resume to random companies? At least they done something not evil guys 100%.
>>
>>54123686
This is sad.. remember when entry level computers costed 250 usd and were able to play new games for years?
>>
File: 1460905778407.jpg (80 KB, 493x853) Image search: [Google]
1460905778407.jpg
80 KB, 493x853
> Donate money to stupid shit like feminism
> Go bankrupt
>>
>>54125225
no because that never happened unless you enjoyed low settings at a low resolution.
>>
>>54124365
When are you gonna find out?
>>
ITT: people who no idea what's going on.

Intel isn't 'going bankrupt' they're killing useless manufacturing jobs which are now able to be handled by robots.

They'll still have and need more engineers, just no malaysians do to packaging and less/no staff in the fabs to make the wafers.
>>
>>54122755
>muh IoT meme
>>
>>54122273
>Intel literally pushed Silicon to the absolute limit
>All they can do anymore is cut power consumption and beef up iGPUs
>Shuffle some people around and cut pointless jobs until they find some new material or architecture

Yea they're finished alright. Finished with x86 since they literally made them the fastest they can go.
>>
>>54123225
>"internet of things"
It's a meme basically saying "lets promote mass consumerism even more by making gimmick devices with planned obsolescence and making everything "smart" by shoving a microchip and proprietary firmware written by someone that works for peanuts and filtered water"
>>
>Any mobile device with an Intel in it
>Everything runs like ass because the architecture is incompatible and there's no support
I guess they're going to fix it, but not at all optimistic about the outcome.

>>54124365
>"team events" and "group events" and "department events" and all that crap no one even wants to go to but has to
>massage chairs, expensive "modern" furniture, shit load of food, etc.
But those are good for worker morale. If you don't enjoy working with the people you're with, then there's something wrong with the office culture itself - likely related to the resentment of people less skilled than you getting paid similarly for faulty work. The 'diversity' nonsense doesn't help.
>>
>>54126951
Naw, they can squeeze a little more out of it. But yeah, not much left in that tank.
>>
>>54125225
C64 forever
>>
>>54122662
I'll still have my ThinkPad though, do you think it will just stop werking when people all move to some mobile interface shit?
>>
>>54124365
Sounds like Amazon.

They waste most of the day in meetings to discuss what they did yesterday then get a few hours to warm up to starting the day which ends right at the same moment.
>>
>>54122755
>YASSSSS

are you a girl on facebook or something
>>
>>54122903
the government is gunna swoop in and scoop a lot of them up
>>
>>54124365
this is horrible, no wonder they've been releasing the same cpus with different names for the past years
>>
>>54127917
It will work but internet access will required fb account and if you are on windows local storage will just not work.
Oh, and if s part is broken you can't find any replace
>>
File: 1459399519765.png (37 KB, 303x323) Image search: [Google]
1459399519765.png
37 KB, 303x323
>>54124365
HAhaha holy shit.
>>
>>54123273
I'm sorry but, would you have a pot/pan of room temperature food just sitting out for hours every day, while you work?
That is a health hazard for one and two, you are going to attract all the damn ants/insects from the neighborhood into your home. Might even see a friendly coon too!
>>
>>54122273
Considering that Im going to use my 3770k for at least 10 more years and till then someone must have made a good CPU to upgrade to, I couldn't give less of a sit.
>>
>>54130277
only reason i had to get rid of my i7 920 3 years ago was the motherboard crapped out and the ram.

Was cheaper just to go the i5 4690 route

Considering its one of the fastest quads ever made i doubt ill need to upgrade for a while.
>>
You fuckers didn't see the writing on the wall?

PC sales, their bread-and-butter, are continuing to decline. Their mobile/embedded initiatives saw little penetration into their respective markets. "Le Web 2.0 Cloud Buzzwords" means that companies are starting to shift away from setting up their own datacenters, and relying on centralized providers.

Their entry into the foundry business is only more evidence that Intel is desperate to find a profitable avenue to make use of their heavy investment into R&D. Personally, I don't see it panning out; few companies need to fab their IC's on 14nm FinFET, and Samsung/GloFo/TSMC are already well-established in this space. I can't see Intel's high-cost process winning out.
>>
>People kept saying AMD will die
>Later on AMD goes to make Zen
>Intel dies

Hahaha, jesus, this is glorious. I hope maybe now this can be the age of AMD.
>>
>>54124365
Sounds like a good place to continue my NEET lifestyle, i want to "work" for Intel, how do i get in?
>>
>>54130444
Getting into companies like these is the hard part, but once you're in, it's a breeze. Not the guy who posted that post, but I know a couple of guys who got into companies like these. Basically have a good CV for the job interview, once you're in pretend that you're actually working on things and you should have your job secured for years. It also helps a ton of you have connections. Some people get into companies like these when they know absolutely nothing about the work they're doing, but as long as you pretend to do shit you're fine.
>>
>>54122273
Quite the coincidence this happens a year after Intel teamed up with Anita Sarkeesian to help promote "diversity" in the company.
>>
>>54123180
what do you do at intel?
>>
>>54130459
Can i just make up a good CV?
>>
>>54123180
Are you going to take the interview? You never know what might happen.
>>
>>54126951
They still have like one or two die shrinks left

After that, well ... either they find a new material they can use or they stagnate and AMD can catch up
It's a win either way
>>
>>54130400
>wanting either to die
You stupid fuck
>>
>>54130939
I don't. I just like the fact that AMD is going to be the only desktop platform now, while intel focuses on mobile processors, door processors etc. (which surprisingly, was actually the market they performed worst at. I don't know why do they want to go back into that market when their biggest profit is from making server CPu and desktop CPUs).
>>
>>54131001
Well Intel focusing on mobile cpus doesn't mean they'll pull ou of the server/desktop market. AMD's marketshare in the server business in particular is almost non-existent
>>
>>54131028
That's true, unfortunately. The opteron was garbage when it came out and it still is garbage today. Worst of all is AMD keeps rehashing and reusing stuff, because they don't like to change sockets, architecture, designs etc. every year like intel does. AMD is perfect for the desktop, the fact that I can finally upgrade my processor without shilling out $200 for a motherboard with the new socket like a good goyim is good.
>>
>>54131090
AMD will release a new socket for zen though, won't they ?
But yeah, Intel sure could use more competition on every market
>>
>>54130354
>PC sales, their bread-and-butter, are continuing to decline. Their mobile/embedded initiatives saw little penetration into their respective markets. "Le Web 2.0 Cloud Buzzwords" means that companies are starting to shift away from setting up their own datacenters, and relying on centralized providers.
wew lad, Intel is finish
Intel runs the not-shit computing world. ARM hit their limit, and the new processors they shit out are either going to be power-gobbling, inefficient pieces of shit or 50 core pieces of shit that run single threaded applications like an amputee. There's a reason why Microsoft's Surface line stopped going with ARM chips.
>>
>>54131132
>AMD will release a new socket for zen though, won't they ?

Yeah, after like what, 5 or 6 years? Eventually AMD has to move forward of course, they can't keep using AM3+ forever and DDR3 forever. Intel literally has zero competition at the moment, AMD is a literal nonfactor in the market. Both AMD and Intel handle completely different sides of the market right now, and their market share is better in the gpu market than it is in the cpu market.
>>
>>54131132
Isn't it still a new socket like every 3-4 years on the AMD side? Intel is just "kek, just change it once a year, goyim will keep on paying". With AMD you get Zen this year, then keep mobo for a CPU upgrade like 4-5 years down the road.
>>
>>54131187
>>54131206
I mean it makes sense not to change sockets all the time, but if you remember socket 775 it was a pain in the ass to figure out what mobo is compatible with what CPU, and if you need update the BIOS first and shit
>>
File: LMAO.png (365 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.png
365 KB, 960x960
>>54124365
>>they literally hired will.i.am as a "visionary"
Can't make this shit up fampai.
>>
>>54131303
Didn't they do something with that Kelso guy too?
>>
>>54131236
Yep. By not making a new socket every year like memetel, AMD can actually improve on their current software for the next 5 years before feeling the need to change sockets again. It's also better in the long run, when for example in 2020 amd releases a new processor, and all you need to buy is the processor instead of processor+motherboard. I like AMD way more even though they don't top the performance benchmarks as much as intel does, but AMD is then nicer company to work with in the long run.
>>
This was clearly going to be an issue since 2010. How is this news?
>>
>>54122273
I doubt they cut the shill jobs OP.
>>
>>54124365
NOKIA
O
K
I
A
>>
>>54122273

TIME

TO BUY

AMD STOCKS

LADS
>>
>>54131501
You know what, it just makes me laugh my ass off seeing how everyone thought AMD was dying, but in the end the complete opposite of what everyone on /g/ said happened.
>>
>>54131562

Slow and steady, AMD never massively expanded so they can't massively implode. Intel has gotten too big for its britches and embraced too many failed modern philosophies to remain unscathed.

I've always been in AMD's corner, only because it's just a matter of time before AMD comes out on top again and those who are in on the ground floor have the most to gain and the least to lose.
>>
>>54131501
I already have back in February
>>
>>54131577
Yeah, pretty much. AMD is never going to die, it's the most stable company in the tech industry right now from the bunch like microsoft, intel etc. Sure, their profits or market shares aren't exactly mind blowing, but as long as they can hold onto this state of inertia that they're in right now, they neither lose nor gain anything, they just effectively stay alive forever. AMD understands this perfectly and doesn't like taking constant big risks like intel does.
>>
>>54131653
Microsoft is pretty fucking stable
>>
File: 133186557214.png (281 KB, 765x540) Image search: [Google]
133186557214.png
281 KB, 765x540
>Smartphone boom ended
>Time to cut PC & focus on Phones, that worked for Microsoft right?
>>
>>54131676
Didn't they fire like a thousand employees not that long ago?
>>
>>54131676

Microsoft is in full blown free fall dude, everything that isn't Windows and PC related has been less successful than predicted.
>>
>>54131716
Well that's less than 1% of their staff
>>54131738
But Windows and PC is the reason they're stable. As long as people use Windows for home or enterprise use (and it seems like they will), Microsoft will be relevant.
If they survived the Ballmer years, they can survive anything
>>
>>54122803
>in 10 years your fucking stove can be infected with cryptolockers that will threaten to burn down your house
if you don't vote for right candidate.
>>
>>54122438
Oy-vey, how dare you call our jewish brothers white, you cis scum?
>>
>>54131767

They're not stable, they invested a lot into the Xbone and Windows Phone market.

I mean, it's Microsoft, and it can take losses for a few straight decades in all likelihood, but they are not stable at the moment.
>>
>>54131716

They went from a bit under 120,000 employees to a bit under 119,000 employees. And, that's the actual full-time salaried positions. So much of their work is outsourced that those numbers almost don't have meaning.

Microsoft could shift 10,000 full time salaried positions to outsourced contracts tomorrow morning and it will make no difference. Except to the people who get fired, of course.

>>54131676

Microsoft is huge and running on momentum. Not the same thing as "stable." If they're smart, they can ride that momentum into another period of stability.

The entire deprecation of Win7 and Win8/8.1 into the clusterfuck that is Win10 is not "stability." Virtually every business in the world is completely pissed off at microsoft because for over three years now this has been soaking the entire corporate & business community for trillions of dollars in costs. New hardware, new software, new training, etc. In addition to taking massive losses in lost productivity.

Microsoft is actually very vulnerable right now because they've engaged in both retarded and arrogant behavior while putting out meme-level products. There's been very little usefulness added to any of their product line since Win7 and Office 2007 ... a lot of marketing, a lot of captive customer base, a lot of song and dance, but very, very little to show for multi-trillion dollar shifts of money across the globe.

Probably more than 95% of all businesses and individual users would gladly move to "something else" if they felt they could. And, a solid trickle of percentages are migrating to linux and Mac. Most of those who migrate will remain migrated and never be available to microsoft again.

Watch more closely what microsoft says and does and the translation is: dumptruck-loads of pants-shitting going on. Ramming Win10 out the door was a desperation move, and the "free upgrade" to secure a captive customer base speaks for itself.
>>
>>54131090
>>54131132
>>54131187
a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear
>>
>>54132130
At least you get new features when you get a new socket. More pcie lanes, m.2x4, xpoint support, etc.
>>
>>54132174
That doesn't warrant changing the socket every year. Every 2 or 3 years is fine.
>>
>>54132203
No one is forcing you to buy a new setup every 2-3 years.(which is how long Intel keeps their sockets). Now you could keep your 6 year old mobo, hope it doesn't spontaneously combust, and have the same old connectivity options as you did when you originally bought it years ago. Talk about no reason to upgrade. Buy a 30% better processor, but have it crippled with a depreciated mobo.
>>
>>54122273
Wow, it's nothing. They still make billions in profit a year. Pretty sure we have all worked for an organization where 10% of the employees were worthless, and if fired, would have no loss in productivity for the company whatsoever. Trim the fat, and become a leaner, more responsive company.
>>
>>54132203
Skylake was released 2 years after Haswell
>>
>>54122910
You have absolutely no idea what the word "literally" means.
>>
>>54122343
lel
>>
>>54132378
You're forgetting that broadwell exists.
>>
Intel is merely feeling the effects of the failing pc market. You know who else is? Seagate. And many other companies, everyone's stock is down. This was pretty much bound to happen though, and it's not like these are catastrophic circumstances. These are multi-million and multi-billion dollar companies, they may have gambled a little too much on the pc market but they won't make the mistake again.

I think it's interesting that Intel hasnt been able to put out some really amazing shit considering all the money they dump into research and development.
>>
>>54132398
Broadwell isn't a replacement for Haswell, it's an upgrade to the enthusiast desktop platform
>>
>>54122662
Funny how computers started out as dumb terminals, moved to localized processors with own file systems, and now they're becoming dumb terminals again. Looks like the past was the future.
>>
>>54132402
All intel virtually does each year is release a processor that's 5% or maybe 10% if you're really lucky (which usually get priced at a premium price of $600 or more). AMD created the AMD4 instruction set, made APUs which put intel's integrated iris pro into the dumpster, and they introduced high bandwidth memory into the technology market, which is the best memory standard as of yet, bringing high end processors like AMD Zen to the consumer market at an affordable price; the list of achievements just goes on. Intel doesn't care about the desktop, they stopped caring years ago, their main source of profit is the server market, where nothing beats their Xeon processors.
>>
File: bazooka.jpg (102 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bazooka.jpg
102 KB, 640x640
>>
>>54122273
>IoT
INTEL CONFIRMED FOR FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
>>
>>54123137
stocks in integrated circuit companies are dumb because normies don't even understand what they do
>>
>>54122273
Is this because Intel realized they hit the physical limit for transistor size?
>>
>>54132453
They don't care about the desktop market for good reason. Nobody has reason to buy a new CPU every year or two. Nobody wants a huge box when a tablet or laptop is sufficient.
And you are full of shit claiming Zen is affordable. You have no fucking clue what the msrp will be
>>
>>54132453
Guess you are too young to remember $1k amd chips
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>54131330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwntwJkI9FY

It's bazinga now
>>
>>54122343
game consoles tho
>>
>>54122662
>And suddently no people.
Perfect harmony.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (1 MB, 1866x2216) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
1 MB, 1866x2216
>>54122273
Perhaps they shouldn't have spent $300m on diversity in the first place
>>
>>54133104
This sort of shit makes me laugh, and laugh hard.
>>
>>54132987
jesus christ...
>>
>>54122903

Are you joking? Intel is pajeet as fuck.
>>
>>54122343
Nokia is also Finnish
>>
>>54122903
The entire tech industry is infested with indians and pakis. You'd know this if you had a job in any respectable tech company. This isn't the 1970's anymore where it was just a bunch of white guys in their basement.
>>
>>54133104
I can only hope these layoffs are an attempt to minimize the damage to the company from sjw antics. Intel: "well I'm sorry, we didn't meet investors expectations. We are going to have to let some people go. You people that were hired in the last two years, you have to go."
>>
>>54135204
BUT YOU WANTED DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE RIGHT GOYIM? THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, MORE PAJEETS WHO KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT PROCESSORS MAKING PROCESSORS FOR YOU!! RIGHT?
>>
>>54122775
There more Ping Ping
>>
I own Intel shares and this news is a good news actually, because Intel is reacting to the market in a propery way and cutting off useless slacks.

Restructuring is simply necessary.
>>
>>54125225
What I remember was an entry level computer costing $2000 in today's dollars that barely let you play shitty 3D games (though 2D was fine)

Versus now, when you can buy an entry level computer for $100 that barely lets you play shitty 3D games (though 2D is fine)
>>
>>54123686
>>54125225
>modern shit
>"insane prices"
the millennials are out in force lately

the modern low end is such an incredible profit-less race to the bottom it's not even funny
>>
>>54125225
What the hell are you posting about? PC hardware always was expensive, even moreso back then when a high end card costed like $1000+ and could barely play 3D graphics. Technology has advanced a lot in terms of prices, for $600 you can buy a 980 ti or a fury x easily.
>>
>>54132987
>that black lab scientist

WE
>>
File: dean.jpg (310 KB, 1328x1904) Image search: [Google]
dean.jpg
310 KB, 1328x1904
>>54136295
>WE
Invented the ISA bus
>>
>>54124365
>the company spends a shit load of money on retarded things like "team events" and "group events" and "department events" and all that crap no one even wants to go to but has to
I liked those. Agree with the rest though.
>>
File: file.png (394 KB, 903x497) Image search: [Google]
file.png
394 KB, 903x497
>>54124365
>they literally hired will.i.am as a "visionary"
>>
>>54131303
>>54137180
It was a marketing stunt. They paid him for an endorsement and gave him a fake title.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.