[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 1452940223456.jpg (331 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1452940223456.jpg
331 KB, 1200x1600
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
>>
I remember reading about certain files you can remove from gapps packages before installing them to your phone to impair the phone home capabilities in play services. Anyone know what they are?
>>
WINDOWSFAG HERE WITH WAY TOO MANY USER FOLDERS
piece of shit WINDOWS refused to delete OLD USER FOLDERS when I deleted OLD USER ACCOUNTS keeping UNDELETABLE ITEMS in them and now when I install NEW SHIT some of it ends up in these OLD USER FOLDERS making my SHIT FUCKED TO HELL AND I AM SO FRUSTRATED BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD OF ANYONE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ONLINE LEAVING ME LOOKING LIKE A SACK OF DILDOS
>>
How do i record my screen on HD as webm? I'm on wangblows
>>
>>54112202
if you have an nvidia card id use shadowplay, actually very good and useful surprisingly.
>>
>>54111943
Boot Linux live CD. Delete offending folders. Reboot back to Wangblows. Problem solved.

I do find it unlikely that leftovers from deleted accounts would remain undeletable after a simple reboot though.
>>
>>54112306
when i say "undeletable" its not necessarily that i dont have permissions to
there are files like "ntuser.dat", where if i delete them apparently it fucks up the registry
not to mention the new shit that has ended up in these folders, as in files that i still use so those can't be deleted either, and i cant find any info on whether moving them is safe or not
>>
>>54112378
>when i say "undeletable" its not necessarily that i dont have permissions to
Right click the folder, properties, security tab, advanced, click "change" next to the owner. Change it to you. When you apply, choose to apply recursively.

If prompted to permanently gain access somewhere along that, click continue to do to.
>>
>>54112432
? fampai
i think you misread that
if i delete the file it will fuck up my computer
>>
>>54111649
How do I control the volume with the volume buttons on my headphone on Arch?
It worked on Debian and Ubuntu but I have no idea what to search to configure it.
You know, you hit the volume key and it makes that bubble pop sound while turning the volume down. I'm trying to do that
>>
File: 1451767905227.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1451767905227.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
So my phenom II x4 has been idling between 47 and 50 constantly for some time now, which hasn't been a problem in itself. I have the CPU smart fan thingy set up via BIOS so that the cpu fan only goes into full force once it reaches over 50°, and as soon as temps go below that set threshhold they revert back to normal/silent mode again.

However since i recently installed a new DeathAdder its high polling/refresh rates seem to have exacerbated this somewhat, that is to say basically any program the mouse gets pointed at (no matter if it's explorer or firefox) causes a noticeable CPU spike almost immediately. Moving the mouse rapidly over the empty desktop causes temps to go up and the CPU fan to make noise after a couple secs too for example, but soon as i turn down the polling rate from 500hz back to 125hz in Razer synapse this stops to happen or takes a slightly longer amount of mouse movement than before to happen.

Unrelated to the mouse polling itself the CPU fan also often kicks into full motion briefly when using firefox (loading up a site) or opening a program/doing some other dedicated task. It's not a huge issue but constantly hearing the CPU fan kick into gear when i'm doing stuff is an unpleasant reminder of the fact that my CPU temps are constantly on the treshhold edge and could possibly be much lower.

Note that i'm talking about merely ~4-5 degrees added by the mouse movement which cause the 50 degrees treshhold to be overstepped and the fan to kick into action in the first place. So if i could somehow find a way to lower the standard idling temps for the CPU even for that amount i think it would help or even resolve this fully. Are there any voltage or other CPU settings in BIOS or something which i could change so as to lower the idling temp of the CPU permanently? Ideally i would like to aim for idling temps below 45 without causing system instability or anything of that sort
>>
>>54112483
O, whoops. No, once you delete a user, their ntuser.dat is not needed anymore and can be deleted. The only part of the registry it houses is HKEY_USERS\Their_account.
>>
>>54111684
I recall reading as such but I do not remember. You might be able to find it with a little Google-Fu. Any reason you wouldn't want to go with an aftermarket ROM?
>>
>>54112556
I was wondering if this was the case, great to know
but what do I do about appdata that is being used by programs i run, that's in there too
>>
Hey /sqt/ I was trying to set up my bluetooth adapter to work with my WiiU controller and I followed a guide I found that suggested installing the Toshiba bluetooth stack. So as the guide said I uninstalled the Microsoft bluetooth enumerator and installed the Toshiba stuff, but it didn't work quite right with my device, so I uninstalled it again. But now unfortunately I cannot find any way to install the Microsoft one again. Everywhere I've checked says it should just happen automatically when I plug my device in without any other driver, but I can't even find my device in device manager anymore. It's frustrating the shit out of me. Anyone have any suggestions here?

Am on W10 by the way.
>>
>>54112589
What programs are you running that are using another user's appdata? This should not happen. Or are these programs still running and left over from before you deleted the account? REBOOT.

You can also use a tool like Unlocker or the DLL/handle search in Process Explorer to see what is using a file, and kill it.
>>
>>54112620
Try performing a cold boot (shutdown + pull plug + remove battery + hold power button 10s +reinsert battery). Then in devmgr there should be some tab near the top that when you click it will give option to see legacy or hidden devices or drivers. I would try that. If no work.. Try running WinUpdates. If still no, maybe try a new user account (even just a temp one).
>>
randomly ctrl-v'd and it pasted bing web url

i dont remember copying that url. what gives....
>>
>>54112675
What did Bing URL lead to???
That may jive memory of where it might have accidentally been ctrl+c'ed. Or windows does this subliminal advertising through putting Bing search results in your clipboard, either way.
>>
>>54112631
bro i deleted all other users about a week after getting the laptop (it was a family laptop at first)
that was 6 months ago
however after deleting these user accounts their userfolders remained, and a lot of the new programs i had installed had their appdata in them
I'm looking through right now and there is games, torrent clients, media players, important looking shit that I don't know, you name it all in these old folders
>>
>>54112631
unlocker doesn't work for me
process explorer i couldn't even understand, tried it but it was way too complicated
>>
>>54112631
and by new programs i mean programs i had installed after I deleted all other user accounts
sorry for the amount of replies, jesus
>>
My Dad has a retarded computer problem and he needs me to work it out.

I've talked about his shit ITT before. He has two drives, an SSD and an HDD. For some reason he felt the best thing to do was install Windows separately on both drives and boot into either drive depending on what he wants. I'm not sure he actually knows you only need the OS on your boot drive.

Anyway, I built a new rig for him and used his old drives. Neither drive would work, they needed the drivers for the mobo and shit. Since the SSD had less vital shit on it I formatted that and reinstalled Windows so he only boots from the SSD. But now he complains that he can't access his software from the other drive. I dunno if he's right, but all of his shit on that drive needs administrator access and loads slow so he might have a point. It's enough where he gets super frustrated and impatient and just gives up so duty falls to me.

Is there anyway I can just remove Windows from the other drive without booting into it and without wiping it? Just get the OS off and use it as a normal storage drive.
>>
>>54111649
Because M$ took away the free windows 7 ISO, how can I get a non-virus-laiden version of win 7 (preferably pre SP1) to chuck on a USB.
Everything on TPB and KAT is garbage
>>
>>54112721
I'm different person, but would recommend backing stuff up and resetting the computer to factory settings. Would solve issue + remove most forms of malware they may have gotten. After backing up data (C:\Users\YourAccNameHere + passwords n shit) open cmd and type (shutdown /o /r /t 0). Then click troubleshoot > reset >Full wipe > or something like that.
>>
>>54112495
anyone? pls help I've been wanting to do this for months
>>
>>54112777
no malware, they barely touched the thing just created the users, i'd be surprised if they opened it more than 5 times
but I'd still be interested in doing this if it fixes the user problem
what type of things would not be saved in this backup?
>>
>>54112495
You should be able to create a custom shortcut or modify the existing shortcut for volume control. The system should be able to recognize the buttons on the headphones as you set it to a shortcut. You can find these settings under keyboard or shortcuts in system settings in most desktop environments (Cinnamon, KDE, Gnome).
>>
>>54112721
It does sound like malware. Clean it with MBAM or nuke and reinstall Windows.

>>54112773
Look for one that says it's clean and lists a hash. Google the hash and see if threads on places like MDL recognize it as a known clean iso.

Or, get one of murphy78's AIO ones. It has all editions within either 32 or 64 bit, older updates slipstreamed, and Daz Loader available as an option. It's not a pristine MSDN image, but it adds the convenience of being able to install any edition needed, with or without Daz, and not having to install so damn many updates. No malware or preinstalled programs though.
>>
>>54111649
What's the /g/ recommended media player for android?
>>
>>54112847
I am pretty damn certain it isn't
before I deleted their shit I looked through all of their programs downloads and internet history
it was literally like one amazon purchase and 3 youtube videos
also did mbam and it returned nothing
and does this backup save literally everything like an android backup?
because i thought a windows backup doesn't save everything
>>
>>54112832
Also, what is the name of the program that manages the volume on ubuntu? Like the little speaker icon that once you click you can drag the volume. The one that I currently have makes me open up the pulseaudio volume control thing but I remember being able to adjust the volume slider right from the status-bar on Ubuntu
>>
redpill me on TCM
>>
>>54112773
I have magnet link but I'm in bed so no fucks. You're looking for the hash (search it for version you want. E.g. startpage.com) then look on web for that "hash + magnet link". I got the magnet link from some post on mydigitallife.info or .com something. But you need an account to view it. Somehow got around that but it's been awhile. Or use Linux.
>>54112876
VLC
>>54112814
Copy that folder mentioned. Also get any passwords saved. If using Firefox sync the account by going to " about:preferences" in browser and in sync section sync the passwords and addons n shit. Also make list of software you have installed ( so know what to get again). That's the main stuff. Just imagine what you would miss if device was gone, and copy that stuff. This isn't doing Windows's backup software shit, this is you copying your shit.
>>
Stupid question: Who is this magical woman and what anime did she walk out of?
>>
What is the difference between open source and free software?
>>
>>54112942
fuck man, i have to reinstall software?
i cant go through all that again, shit took me forever to get everything proper
between 20 step cracks, and all those preferences and shit, this solution isn't very viable and it's probably just easier to leave it as is and deal with that instead
>>
>>54112949
>open source
you may be legally restricted from actually using the source
>free software
you can do anything you want with the source. free as in freedom. for the freest software, the license ensures that total freedom carries over to the binary. you can even keep the source secret and sell binaries if you want, but the license will ensure that people can reverse and modify them, because the software is free. this shit is very, very rare, if it exists at all.

free software is not to be confused with "communist software", which uses western intellectual property law to strip you of your right to keep secrets so that the motherland and every comrade within may benefit from your code. communist software is actually meant to be communist, do not try and justify it by conflating the compiled binary and the source code. the binary is not obfuscated source code. the binary is separate information produced using the source as reference. demanding the source is like demanding the blueprints and assembly instructions for your car. demanding freedom is like saying that you can keep, modify, and redistribute all that shit should you have it, and be able to do what you wish with your car, because it's all your personal property.
>>
File: sss.png (3 KB, 40x34) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
3 KB, 40x34
Does anybody know what app does this icon represent?
>>
>>54112949
Use IxQuick.eu to find out.
But seriously, open source = anyone can view code, free software = open source + you can edit that code and make something new, and sometimes sell it for $.
>>54112919
Traditional Chinese Medicine?
>>54112986
Takes like 12 hours, just Jack off once or twice and it's done.
>>
>>54112949
See richard stallman videos on libre not gratis. Open source software gives you freedoms but is not always free, "free software" is an ambiguous term, FOSS or free open software is software with its source code available to you that is free of charge to use.
>>54112948
No-Image Chan
>>54112847
downloading Murphy78's 5in1, cheers
>>54112942
dont worry anon I've found what I want.
>Or use Linux
That is the plan, going to Dualboot and use Linux when I feel like saving battery and going low heat, using windows for gigs. Also
>hash + magnet link
I dont understand this, I've been a big normie in terms of how pirating works, I just click the magnet and away I go, care to explain this to me?
>>
>>54111649

Are APUs worth it as office cpus? I'm gonna replace some old ass celerons and pentiums with A4-6300s.

I'm also planning to pick up an A10-7850K for my office machine to do some light/retro gaming to kill time. Do those things really benefit from higher RAM? At most I was considering getting sticks @2133 since everything else but the PSU will be cheap.
>>
>>54113027

I might as well wait for the Zen APUs. How long does it usually take for AMD to release their APUs after rolling a new gen?
>>
File: 4L_1iQtBhKc.jpg (43 KB, 347x450) Image search: [Google]
4L_1iQtBhKc.jpg
43 KB, 347x450
How do power cords work? How can a power cord be made to deliver enough electricity to power a laptop or phone but not electrocute me when i touch it? How are power cords made to be safe?
>>
>>54113027
Haswell IGPU's are competent enough, so whatever AMD will have will definitely be worth it. I remember on haswells i3 i was able to play league of legends on high graphics from the IGPU, so you should do fine.
>Higher ram
Nah dog, just get 1600mhz second hand a laugh and the bux you saved, honestly the gains after that are not worth the money
>>
>>54113050
Layers upon layers of insulation, theres usually noise cancelling insulation over the copper fibres, then sometimes a heat insulative layer, then the final rubber layer.
>>
>>54112998
Snek
>>
>>54113001
am I not understanding it right?
if i have to reinstall every piece of software i got since buying the laptop it will take days
maybe if you're talking about just the installation process of regular shit its 12 hours, but when you add in reconfiguring all the prefrences, and reinstalling illegal shit it's just a process I am very very wary of going through again
>>
>>54113001
>+ you can edit that code and make something new, and sometimes sell it for $.
What does sometimes mean here?
Isn't open source better then? I wouldn't want someone else to make money on something I worked hard on.
>>
>>54113002
Hash + magnet link.
Magnet link = what you click/download to get your free software. Hash = long string of characters that specifically identify a file ( different hash = different file. Same hash = same file) find the hash of the legit windows installer = then you know what to look for. You can find the correct hash from micro$oft's website. Then go to search engine (startpage.com) and enter the hash along with the phrase "magnet link". Then become detective and try and find it. It is MISSION FUCKIN CRITICAL that after you download what you believe to be the clean with does installer, that you check what the hash is of the file you downloaded. (In other words get hash of Downloaded file, compare to micro$ofts website, if same = Clean = good2go ) you can find out what the hash of the download is with a program called HashCat, research it.

>>54113081
Sounds like gross exaggeration to say days. Explain this extra shit.
>>
10. A security system uses a 6-digit numeric PIN code, and an intruder takes one second to try each code. How long, on average, will the intruder take to crack the code:

keyspace^length

10^6

then /60 to get into hours
then /24 to get into days
then /7 to get into weeks

Somewhere I am going wrong?
>>
>>54113050
insulation, commonly plastic
plastic does not conduct electricity, so it is unable to pass from the wire on the inside through the plastic, to yourself (or indeed, from one internal wire to the other(s))
>>
>>54111649
>hello darkness, my old friend
>>
>>54111649
pigeons are fucking decease riddle creatures, i fucking hate those flying rats
>>
>>54113069
I think he means since you can touch the barrel plug at the end, and even stick your finger in and touch the inside pin, without getting zapped. Otherwise he'd ask how lamp cords don't shock you too.

>>54113050
A mains socket delivers 10-15 amps of 120 or 240 volts AC, something like 1875 watts, or more in 240V countries.

A laptop cord delivers around 4 amps of 20 volts DC, or 80 watts, give or take. Way less all around.
>>
>>54113115
Missed dividing by 60 to get into minutes m8
>>
>>54113115
Seconds > MINUTES > hours > days > weeks

He can crack 60 passwords in a minute
3600 passwords in an hour
86400 in a day
604800 in a week

It will take less than 2 weeks.
>>
>>54113165
>decease riddle creatures
>a pidgeon lands on your shoulder
>"Mortal,
>Some try to hide,
>some try to cheat,
>but time will show that we shaill always meet"
>"what?"
>you die
>>
File: 1439687111001.jpg (297 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1439687111001.jpg
297 KB, 1200x1500
>>54112949
>>54112993
Stop shilling the GPL. You're so wrong it hurts.
>>
>>54113115
10 to power of 6 = all combinations.

Now need to get average. Idk. Maybe (10 to power of 6 ) ÷ 2 ??? Idk this is guss
>>
>>54113206
I always enjoy this comic
>>
>>54113206
I was shilling against the GPL you fucking illiterate commie bastard

Marvel at this product of public education. Disgusting.
>>
>>54113069
Yeah but how come i can touch the metal tip on my phone charger or laptop charger while it's plugged in and not get electrocuted?
>>
>>54113175
I've always wondered:
I have one powersupply that puts ont 12V 5 Amp and another one that puts out 12V 700 mAh
how is that possible
>>
What's the highest temp I should allow an FX-8350 to get to? Same question for an R9 380.
>>
>>54113233
both DC
>>
>>54113229
>touch the metal tip
>while its plugged in
what?
there are maybe 2 points of contact inside your charger that are meant to transfer power, the edges of it aren't those points. typically the stick in the middle of it is one or both of these points. Any other point generally isnt going to have any power going through it and will be just for earthing.
TLDR its because some clever bastard was paid to think of your safety despite trying your luck
>>
>>54113203
kek
>>
File: a123.png (67 KB, 578x666) Image search: [Google]
a123.png
67 KB, 578x666
>>54113051

Here's what I am planning to get at the moment.

The games I was thinking of playing whenever I get time to do so are stuff like Don't Starve and Orcs must Die!. Nothing that I can't simply uninstall/reinstall as I see fit. That's why I feel that a HDD would be pointless. Even in my current machine I haven't filled more than 300 GB of my 1 TB HDD, but that's mostly from downloaded and self-made porn vids.
>>
>>54113104
kmspico microsoft crack was such a hassle the first time i installed it, i couldn't get the crack to function properly until it worked randomly
i still don't know why it didn't work, and what made it work in the end, so that's just one example
and then there are just a shit load of illegal downloads that are the same shit as that
i remember i had to do a registry edit at some point
I don't even remember why or for what, but i remember it took a long ass time and again, just a lot of googling and reading shit
i suppose i'm not very technologically literate, so when there's issues with these cracks that aren't addressed properly in the crack instruction package i have to read and google through seas of shit to figure the shit out
also i am OCD and like to reprogram a lot of colours and hotkeys and shit
also ive been playing a poweriso fallout and not sure if that would make me lose my progress
>>
I have a question, but don't want to make a new thread. Here goes:

I have an Radeon HD 5870 card, but it is overheating all the time. Idle temps are around 60-70c. When on load it goes up to 100c.
Is there anything I can do to ease the pain, or just get a new GPU?
I don't know, changing thermal paste or some other mechanical manipulations?
>>
File: sweetpic1.jpg (64 KB, 470x380) Image search: [Google]
sweetpic1.jpg
64 KB, 470x380
>>54113278
Get smaller Case
get rid of disk drives and replace them with USB disk drives unless you're constantly using them
Get rid of kingston SSD, buy Kingdian 240gb ssd from alixpress while its still 60usd with free shipping
Change from hyperx ram to kingston value ram
change corsair carbide to something more rectangular like a CM silencio or Rosewell/jonsbo/cooltek (depending on region) UMX3S pic related or other jonsbo case, and watch your coworkers go "WOW IS THAT APPLE" to which you can reply "NUH MEN ITS WANGBLOWS WOW"
>>
>>54113297
If you get the same ISO (the same installer for Windows) that Micro$oft offers, it will ask you to authentic it (give key to prove you paid.) You want this version because then you know it is not infected with malware. (This is why go through process of checking hashs). When you get the right one, use a program called "DAZ loader" to tell Windows you have already paid (we lie to it, but they literally are unable to tell the difference). No registry edits, no fuss or any of that. Get ISO, check hash, install, DAZLoader, done.
>>
>>54113324
how is your current fan setup inside your case?

provide pic of guts or drawn diagram
>>
>>54113354
kmspico is usually not a hassle for people either so idk
also the registry edit wasn't for spico
also im not going to do the reset
but next time i have to crack microsoft i will use daz for sure
>>
>>54113233
First, units: Is that 700 mA or 700 mAh?

A milliamp (mA) is 1/1000 of an amp (A). An amp measures current and is one coulomb per second, where coulombs measure charge. It's measuring how quickly charge is flowing through a device. It's usually used to measure current draw or supply. Note that if something supplies 700 mA, that's a maximum. You can draw less from it and be fine.
--An analogy is a faucet. You can keep drawing water from it forever, but you can only get it to come so quickly. Just like with a power supply, you can draw only a trickle from your faucet, even though it'll go much faster if you want. But it does have a limit and you won't be running a firehose off it.

A milliamp-hour (mAh) is a milliamp consumed over the course of an hour. It measures charge capacity and is usually used to measure how much a battery holds. If you have a 12 V battery that holds 700 mAh, and you draw 700 mA from it continuously, it will run dead in 1 hour. If you take the same battery and draw 350 mA, it will last 2 hours.
--An analogy is a water bottle. You can draw water from it at different speeds, but what you're measuring is how much it holds. There is also a limit on how fast you can empty it, but that would be measured in mA, not mAh.

...Now, I'll assume you mean 700 mA and you're comparing 2 power supplies, not a power supply and a battery. As I mentioned briefly above, you can draw LESS than the current limit of a power supply, but not more. So, if you have one PSU that supplies 700 mA of 12 V, you're fine if you connect something that only wants a measly 100 mA. But if you connect something that wants 1 A (=1000 mA), you'll have a problem and the PSU will probably shut off.

Your other PSU can supply a whole 5 A on that rail.

If you have volts and amps, you can calculate watts. For DC, you just multiply. 12 V * 5 A = 60 W that PSU supplies through that rail. Your other one is 12 V * 0.7 A = 8.4 W.
>>
>>54113370
Promise not to laugh or give me shit?
>>
>>54113229
For the phone charger, it's for the same reason you don't feel anything if you touch the terminals on a 9V battery. There simply isn't very much power there. Lick it and you will feel it however.

Same basic story on your laptop charger, but there's not quite so little power there. Still it's less than 100 W for most laptops. 100 W might sound like a lot, but a paperclip in the mains is a few thousand.
>>
>>54113410
We've seen some serious shit, we can handle yours
>>
File: scary_hallucinations.jpg (29 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
scary_hallucinations.jpg
29 KB, 571x547
>>54113436
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E4303979604BEEF9!684366&authkey=!APfrzGuJ1YAIeY0&ithint=folder%2c
File size too large. Hope this works.
>>
I understand that Linux stores passwords in /etc/shadow

However, where are passwords stored in Windows? Which directory?

I know the hash will be **** but I just want to see where it is kept
>>
>>54113469
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Accounts_Manager
>>
>>54113469
C:\Windows\System32\Config, in the SAM hive file. It's a registry hive. Regedit normally won't let you view it, but you can if you launch it as the SYSTEM account using a tool like this one: http://reboot.pro/files/file/237-runassystem-and-runfromtoken/
>>
>>54113324
Change thermal paste, clean out all the fans and the inside of the case. This means taking everything out to clean it (compressed air, alcohol, and coffee filters will do the trick). Clean your components, and make the case have positive pressure when you put your fans back in (more air sucked in than blown out). This will prevent future build up, and your PC will be back down to normal temperatures
>>
is there a linux destro which i can instal with exe from windows?
>>
>>54113407
700 mA
my bad
also:
Don't volts corolate with amps? If so, how would one drop the amps without dropping volts?
Lets say I have this tiny fan that only takes 50 mA 12V and I only have a 10 A 12V power supply. Is there a way to reduce the flow to around 50 mA without losing voltage?
Is
>>
>>54113495
Thank you

>>54113492
Thanks
>>
File: WP_20160419_10_30_07_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1512) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160419_10_30_07_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1512
>>54113461
here
>>
>>54113513
Anything supporting Wubi. But why do you want to do this? Do you simply not have a USB stick or blank CD to put it on and boot from?

There are even a few that can install in a loopmounted image file inside your Windows partition. I recall doing this with Knoppix a long time ago.
>>
>>54113537
Thanks. I know I am shit at stuff like using programs on computer and stuff.
>>
>>54113537
Nice cable management, the front of your case needs a cleaning and if I were you I'd look for a much smaller case as the real estate in that case isnt being put to good use.
Yeah nah, you've done fine anon.
>>
Does Windows 7 have some sort of alarm function? I'm a heavy sleeper and another alarm would always be good.
>>
>>54113535
you can safely connect a 50mA/12V fan to a 10A/12V supply
volts are "pushed", amps are "pulled", so the supply only has to be able to supply /at least/ the required amps, not exactly (but the voltage needs to be the same)
>>
>>54113461
damn, the Lumia 1520 has a great camera
>>
>>54113540
>Knoppix
it's in german :(
>>
>>54113556
So back to the original question then. GPU is hitting very high temps. How to ease the pain?
>>
What are the best master's degrees in machine learning right now?
>>
>>54112378
do a """clean""" install and rethink your life choices
>>
>>54113571
Yeah. Too bad the phone is flawed.
>>
File: WP_20160419_10_30_07_Pro.jpg (453 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160419_10_30_07_Pro.jpg
453 KB, 1344x756
>>54113461
shitty diagram I made for you

ideally to have airflow across your case your current fans should be setup how the arrows are pointed

it looks like you have a mount spot if you want to add a fan on the bottom

also do you know if your power supply has a fan? if so, does it blow outwards, or does it drag into your case?

also looks like ya got a bunch of hair/dust inside the front of case air intake side
>>
>>54113565
so why aren't all power-supplies like 100A so they can be used on anything? It sounds pointless to have small powersupplies. Unless they are smaller because they don't suck up as much power saving you money?
I'm just starting to get into electronics. I've got to learn this so I can play with both software and hardware
>>
>>54111649
looks shooped, no ones irides are that big
>>
>>54113577
id love to follow your advice if i knew what the fuck it meant
>>
>>54113575
Repaste, or as I've found to work take the fan and plastic shield off, get a gentle typhoon (30-50$) fan and cable-tie it to the heatsink
You'll probably notice a fucken huge difference.
>>54113599
wait wait wait wait, do GPU fans spit air OUT from, instead of sucking air ONTO the die?
fuck me I need to change some stuff in my HTPC
>>
File: Capture.png (102 KB, 1681x904) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
102 KB, 1681x904
how can i fix this shit

http://m.360docs.net/doc/info-b76ead5d7375a417866f8fcd.html
>>
>>54113600
higher amps require beefier components and wires
ever wonder why high end gpus need extra power connectors, and why those have multiple 12v wires each?
the answer is that the wires are only rates for a certain number of amps, too much more and they will heat up (become a fire hazard)
>>
>>54113617
just think, you can attach a tiny little computer fan to a full charged car battery, and it'll work as normal, even with it's teeny little wires, because it only pulls the ~50mA it needs
a car battery can supply hundreds of amps for a short time (to start a car engine), which is why the cars' battery attachments and cables are thick as fuck
>>
>>54113617
that makes sense. So more wires with 12v the more amps?
So if you hook up 2 positive wires with 12v 2 A it would make the output something like 12v 4A?
as opposed to hooking them up positive to neg (series I think it is called) which would output 24V 2A?
>>
Is there a more lightweight distro than Lubuntu that is still easy to use?
>>
>>54113535
>Don't volts corolate with amps?
Nope.

>If so, how would one drop the amps without dropping volts?
Resistance. Of course, a resistor dissipates some energy and drops the voltage some. So if you want to put a small resistor to limit current and still have the same voltage, you would put slightly more voltage before it gets to the resistor.

Though at least if the resistor is fairly small, you can almost always get away with just sticking it in. I once had a USB sound card that had too high of an initial current draw due to capacitors in it, and it instantly tripped my laptop's USB overcurrent protection. I'd plug it in, the light would blink on for about 1/10 of a second and go dead. Then Windows would tell me a USB device drew too much power and the port was shut off. I cut one of the power lines in the USB cable and spliced in an iirc ~1 ohm resistor to fix it. Just took a few more ms to charge its caps.

>Lets say I have this tiny fan that only takes 50 mA 12V and I only have a 10 A 12V power supply. Is there a way to reduce the flow to around 50 mA without losing voltage?
No need. Just connect it. Excessive voltages blow devices. Excessive amps available don't. If a fan uses 50 mA at 12 V, that means its resistance is such that it will only draw 50 mA.

We can calculate it too: R = V / I (from Ohm's Law). V=12, I=0.05 (50 mA to A). R = 12/0.05 = 240 ohms. If you connect a 240 ohm load (like this fan) over a 12 V power supply, no matter how many amps it supplies, it will draw no more than 50 mA.

It will probably be different if you measured it with a multimeter, because a motor's resistance is different if it's spinning.

Additionally, if you wanted to make it spin slower, you can connect a resistor in series with it. I've used a Zalman FanMate before, which is a variable resistor with a knob, for controlling the speed of a fan.
>>
>>54113645
arch
>>
>>54113613
>wait wait wait wait, do GPU fans spit air OUT from, instead of sucking air ONTO the die?
depends on manufacturer design, if you're going to add another fan onto the bottom of the case facing up, it might not even matter
>>
>>54113599
Thanks. I'll shut off my PC later on and check everything out. Thanks for the handy diagram.
About the GPU, I can place it closer to the PSU, if that will help.
About the PSU, I'll google and see how it works.
Said on the page that it has 1 x ultra-quiet 120mm fan. No idea about the direction tho. Need to check it out. Feels like OUT of the case.
About the hair, have a cat at home. Can't be helped IMO.
>>
>>54113616
You're missing fonts.
>>
>>54113651
Copypasting is too hard, I need a graphical installer
>>
>>54113684
try out something like manjaro then
it's arch without the cli installation
>>
>>54113637
not quite
2 wires each rated for 2A can safely be used for 4A, assuming they're identical (if they're not identical, electricity will always choose the path of least resistance)
simply using thicker wire won't cause more power to be transferred, if you use thicker wire on your computer fan, it will still only draw 50mA
>>
I do a decent amount of recording my game play and often get the HIGH ENCODING ERROR WARNING. My settings aren;t too high, I've already got those figured out.

Would upgrading my i3 2100 dual core to a i5 Quad or even an AMD FX 4/6 core processor fix this issue?
>>
Sometimes booting in Windows 7 my USB keyboard and mouse won't power on and I'm forced to do a hard reset. The second time it will usually work. This is a fresh install. They're both plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

Any idea what it could be?
>>
>>54113701
how would you increase the Amps on a graphics card when you cant carry more than lets say 2 A.
Example:
There is multiple 12v 2A cables going to it but if the card needs 10 A, how would you hook up 5 cables supplying 12v 2A to give the card 12v 10 A?
>>
I'm looking into immigrating to Canada

Could i expect to just come over, rent a place, find a job?
>>
>>54113712
High CPU usage warning in OBS? Yeah, an i3 isn't really cut out for that.
>>
>>54113734
>how would you hook up 5 cables supplying 12v 2A to give the card 12v 10 A?
by hooking them up
it's about making an "effectively thicker wire", simply by using more (thinner) wires
all the 12v wires connect to the same place inside the psu (assuming 1 12v rail)
>>
>>54113747
I know, It's only something i recently started doing.

I can record happily while downscaling to 720P, But i would like to get a little more quality out of my recordings.
>>
>>54113572
There's an english version of the page. They've moved to a pure live ISO format since then though, and it seems the loopmount method of installing is just "put the iso on your disk and set some stuff up manually to loopmount and run the iso".

>>54113637
That *is* why they use multiple wires for it in the various plugs. However, the box that converts mains power to 12 V (and others) needs to be strong enough to push 4 A of 12 V. A 2 A rated PSU won't, and will detect overdraw and shut off.

>>54113734
Use a fatter wire. Wire diameter and the material it's made of define its resistance and therefore how much power you can push through it before it starts to get hot, melt, burn your house down, etc.

However, let the GPU and PSU makers deal with that. They won't make a GPU that needs more power than the connectors on standard PSUs can supply. If they need more, they'll put an additional PCIe power jack you need to connect.

If your PSU is too weak to drive your GPU, that's the fault of the PSU itself, not the wires attached to it. The components inside it can't process that much power from mains voltage into computer voltages. Therefore the fix is to buy a higher wattage PSU.
>>
How can I destroy a flashdrive?
I want to stress test a flashdrive to see when it fails from r-w
What would be the fastest way of doing this? Preferably on linux
>>
>>54113674
>About the hair, have a cat at home. Can't be helped IMO.
Just means a bit more regular use of canned air on your fans and case so it doesn't build up and wrap around your fans or clog the heatsinks
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-17+at+04.06.16).png (57 KB, 761x605) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-17+at+04.06.16).png
57 KB, 761x605
Should I trade my GTX 970 for an R9 390?
>>
Whats the easiest way to customize 4chan's theme?

The one I like most is Tomorrow but I'd prefer the background to be more black and the blue links to be more grey/white, while the text itself is white.
>>
>>54113758
What GPU do you have? I would suspect that. Video encoding usually happens in the GPU. Or is it doing all-CPU encoding or using the "QuickSync" encoding in your CPU's internal graphics while the GPU is doing all game?
>>
>>54113765
>>54113754
>>54113701
>>54113650
>>54113617
>>54113565
>>54113407
Thanks guys, that answers pretty much all my questions for now. I will remember you when I get good at electronics!
>>
>>54113768
>How can I destroy a flashdrive?
Hammer.

>I want to stress test a flashdrive to see when it fails from r-w
while true; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdFLASHDRIVE bs=32M;done
>>
File: martin wang computers.jpg (26 KB, 707x503) Image search: [Google]
martin wang computers.jpg
26 KB, 707x503
Art fag here looking for a computer tower but I dont know where to start as far as looking toward Graphics card, Ram and CPU. I will be using it for Photoshop, Illustrator for work/school and light video editing along with some light to medium gaming (CS:GO, GTA, etc). I would have anywhere from $300- $800 to spend and would like to get my moneys worth.
I've also read about putting one together. I'm familiar with taking apart a PC but am no expert. Is it advisable to follow the specs of some you tubers and put mine together? Thanks in advance for your help!

TL;DR art fag looking to spend $300-$800 on a tower but I want to know if buying a pre-made one is better than putting one together and what do I look for as far as specs?
>>
>>54113781
You could really just google this, you fucking retard.

Go to settings -> Misc -> Custom CSS -> replace the HTML notation below to whatever you want

body {
background-color: #000000;
}

.postMessage {
background-color: #2E2E2E;
color: #BDBDBD;
}

.postContainer {
background-color: #1C1C1C;
}

.replyContainer {
background-color: #1C1C1C;
}

div.reply {
border: 0;
}

div.post {
border: 0;
}

div#boardNavMobile {
background-color: #151515;
color: #848484;
}

.boardBanner {
}

.settings-cat {
color: #BDBDBD;
}
>>
How can I stop elementary os from asking for sudo and password on every thing that needs su access? Kinda like remember I'm su for 30 minutes after it asks for password
>>
How do I start getting into all this smart coding stuff you guys do? I'm about to switch majors from engineering to computer science but I feel so lost and behind.
>>
>>54114157
Visudo, I guess
>>
Is there a way to use VeraCrypt or BitLocker to have another key that when i put it in it wipes my hard drive.
>>
I have a RPI2 that Id like to use as a seedbox and plex server, however I need a HDD. Is it stupid spending 100 euros for a 2TB WD Elements Desktop? Any cheaper solutions that will work and not fail within a year? Goddamn raspberry doesnt have sata...
>>
i am using xfce4, so gtk2. i want to install themes in openbsd. anyways i cloned the git directory;
https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-themes

-and then, without doing anything else, copy and pasted the entire folder into ~/.themes

this isn't working but i cannot figure out what is actually wrong. openbsd doesn't appear to have mate-themes in neither the ports directory or the repositories.
>>
Is it possible in Windows to install programs which need to be downloaded from the internet through command promt only, similar to apt-get install [program] in ubuntu? I would of course know the exact download location of the .exe.

The reason I ask is because this would allow me to create a script which installs all my favorite programs with a single click, making a clean install nearly painless.

Much appreciated.
>>
>>54114358
EXEs cannot be installed.
you looking for msiexec nigga
>>
How do you use a web scrapper to download webms?
>>
Ddos tool with the power of what j3ster used? Source code please
>>
>>54114366
Okay, so if I read that correctly, whenever I download an installer (this is usually a .exe), this is just an executable which in turn downloads the .msi which is actually installed?

Sorry I'm a noob at this.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though
>>
>>54114397
Slowloris?
>>
>>54114465
I thought most servers patched over to stop slowloris type attacks
>>
File: 14-130-587-03.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-130-587-03.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
I have a GTX 580 (pic related) that I might have killed due to a freak accident.

I do not have access to a desktop PC that has a PSU that can power this thing via PCIe power, but I do have an old prebuilt Lenovo desktop that has a PCIe slot.

My question is: Can I test a graphics card to see if it works without PCIe power? Can I just plug this 580 into the PCIe slot alone just to see if it will POST?
>>
>>54114474
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right.
>>
how would the speed of a FX 8350 compare to a i7-4690K when compiling shit/running emulators?
Would it be noticeble enough to pay twice as much? And would the integrated graphics on the Intel one close the cost gap since I wouldn't be required to buy a graphics card?
>>
>>54114478
I don't know, probably not. Do you have any molex to pcie adaptors knocking around? I always see them in my draw of never used equipment.
>>
>>54114512
I have literally no desktop PC components other than hard drive stuff, this graphics card, and a mPCIe-to-PCIe adapter card.
>>
>>54111649
What is the best, non-botnet, non-shit browser? Any os.
>>
>>54114397
My original question ^
Any online ddos services that won't cost me a billion bitcoins to do the job required.
>>
>>54114544
Tor

But I guess the principle of Tor is literally built on botnets.
>>
When I start a slideshow with WPS Presentation the entire program crashed and I get this:
/usr/bin/wpp: line 38: 22874 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${gInstallPath}/office6/${gApp} ${gOptExt} ${gOpt} "$@"
>>
>>54114544
i have been using chromium recently and it performs pretty well. but it does have some new bullshit. like for example, smoothscrolling is enabled by default with no option to turn it off in the GUI. you need to go to about:flags. also they are really pushing this garbage "USERS" crap. there used to be several ways to turn off that ugly and useless icon in the top right of the program but they quickly patched those out for some fucking reason. also the forced skin that matches with absolutely fucking nothing looks god awful, they refuse to just use the operating systems default themes and i just don't understand why.
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1280x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1280x940
This is a really stupid one.

How don't get my wires to look like this? I'm guessing this person put a black tape around his wires as I don't see the red and yellow wires all over. Is this a tape? Where would I buy it? What's it called?

Also what's holding it up? Velcro, tied?
>>
A android vpn service that actually works. So sick of constant disconnects.Kinda defeats the purpose
>>
>>54114679
airvpn with the openvpn app

You can generate sa config if you want or need to on the airvpn website
>>
File: 10kmanhoursMSpaint.png (63 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
10kmanhoursMSpaint.png
63 KB, 1366x768
How do I get rid of the preview section in windows explorer while using classic shell. This thing appeared and my mother doesn't remember what did she touch.
>>
>>54114660
yes he just covered all his wires in black electrical tape. buy like 5 big rolls and have at it.

what's holding them up is clear tape, 2 sided.
>>
>>54114910
Should be in view options on the top left.
>>
>>54114910
View > details pane / preview pane.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-04-19 12.39.32.png (18 KB, 533x149) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-04-19 12.39.32.png
18 KB, 533x149
>>54114910
Here you go anon
>>
>>54114936
>>54114963
>>54114998
Thanks for the quick answer. It was triggering my autism quite hard and I've discovered a new weak spot.
>>
Are Skylake-based Wndows 10 laptops finally not buggy messes?

I purchased a Windows 10 laptop a while ago and the integrated intel graphics driver would crash every hour or so (and would crash whatever applications I had open). Apparently the issue was pretty widespread. I tried to update the manufacturer's drivers but they were from last Sept./Nov. and didn't fix anything. I installed the generic intel drivers and Windows 10 would downgrade the driver to the shitty old manufacturer provided drivers (god damn it Windows Update). Ended up returning it since it was getting to be too much of an effort working around the issues (daily BSOD, losing work done, etc).

I really want to get a new laptop for school but I don't want something that'll be fucked with no fix. Does anyone know if there's a way to stop Windows 10 from downgrading drivers?
>>
>>54114910

It's called a status bar.
>>
File: 2016-04-19 05_51_04-Downloads.png (28 KB, 817x597) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-19 05_51_04-Downloads.png
28 KB, 817x597
So i've got multiple HDDs running on my desktop, with the OS (win7) in the SSD. When I try to look through my folders, many of the thumbnails will look blank or folders will appear to be empty and take for ever to load up, at least the thumbnails will and the green status bar will take a while to load up the the address bar. If I leave it along for a bit, it seems to work fine? What's the problem? this wasn't happening before...
>>
>>54115076
>It's called a status bar.
You sound pretty knowledgeable for someone who didn't realise the question was answered three times before you posted an irrelevant comment about it.
>>
I have several old computers, is there a way to hook them together to use as one more powerful computer for regular use?
>>
>>54115224
You saw lain recently, didn't you?
>>
If my system consistently freezes when I'm playing a game, how do I determine if it is heat, the psu dying or something else?
>>
>>54115224
It's not a good idea. They are old, so they probably are failing, and the power consumption would be far greater than buying a new, powerful one.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 208x243
>>54115336
Haven't watched it in ... My word it has been 5 years! I need to add it back to my re-watch list.

No, it is more me being cheap and not ready to fully invest in a proper upgrade. Also got a few people giving me free Pentium 4 units, because apparently nobody has an imagination on how to reuse things. To be honest I am starting to run out of ideas myself.

Once I own land then I can build myself a roper new computer with a house around it to protect it.
>>
>>54115466
Don't rewatch, this anime is bad.
>>
Netbook + Wacom pad for taking notes
Y/N?

>>54115014
Yes, you need to set "get drivers from windows update" to manual somewhere in computer management.
>>
My laptop batary wont charge more than 79%
>>
How can i burn more than 21 mp3 files in a dvd? Windows doesnt allow me to do it fuck my life
>>
>>54115816
Replace it
>>
>>54115816
some systems have a feature where it will stop charging before 100% to extend the life of the battery

>>54115844
it's more likely you're trying to burn an audio cd, and have hit the 80 minute limit (80 minutes / 21 tracks = 3:48 minutes, which is a reasonable average song length)
>>
>>54113788
Its all CPU.

I've got an Asus 6850, I could try with Quicksync but isn't the quality lower to proiortise encoding??
>>
File: Logo Telegram.png (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
Logo Telegram.png
12 KB, 236x236
How to prevent Telegram metadata from getting caught?
>>
i don't know whether this should be on /dpt/
I am using C++
I have the following

class Node
{
virtual int function();
};
class N2: public Node
{};

now i already know i can later on say
int Node::function(){
return 9;
}
but can i do
int N2::function(){
return 2;
}
without having to state it in the N2 class?
>>
>>54114748
Thankyou
>>
File: Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg (334 KB, 680x594) Image search: [Google]
Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg
334 KB, 680x594
I have here a CR2032 battery that has only 2.39V, is that acceptable to use on motherboards?
>>
File: IMG_20160418_214205.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_214205.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
what the flying fuck is this slot and how do i install a graphics card in it?
i mean, i know its for a riser, but what riser specifically?
>>
>>54113775
theyre both good cards, if youve got one i wouldnt bother getting the other
>>
Is the Nvidia Shield K1 shit? I'd buy it for university use and would barely play games with it, mostly just watch videos or play stuff like Tetris or Bejeweled.
The 1080p screen and front facing speakers are what sold it for me, mostly. Any alternatives for a similar price?
>>
>>54116254
what?
>>
>>54116101
umm?
>>
>>54116254
Isn't that a PCI slot? A PCI-E Card is never going to fit in a PCI slot senpai. Yes, they're different
>>
>>54116503
thats not PCI, look at the size of it. also the intel spec says its pci-e.

>>54116483
the slot senpai, how do i stick a graphics card in it
>>
>>54116599
How about you make a clearer picture and come back

Pretty sure its not a PCIE slot
>>
>>54116254
Looks like a PCI-X slot
>>
>>54116637
what exactly cant you see in it?
also

>not PCI express
>product code: FSR16XXRISER
intel disagrees
>>
>>54116664
Can't see the PCIE slot

is it that hard to understand?
>>
File: here you blind twat.jpg (173 KB, 480x792) Image search: [Google]
here you blind twat.jpg
173 KB, 480x792
>>
Yo I installed a new motherboard and everything seems to be fine except no sound. My PC recognizes the headphones and it's set as default, but no sound comes through them. I do have audio controller activated in the BIOS.

What do?
>>
>>54111649
Im planning to buy i7 6700k
what month should i buy it in a cheapest?
>>
>>54116761
Turn the volume up

Try the green jack at the rear
>>
>>54116782
you shouldnt, you should buy sandy bridge xeons for dirt cheap instead with twice the core count and only slightly lower IPC
>>
File: Screenshot (24).png (23 KB, 718x327) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (24).png
23 KB, 718x327
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I just want the button to start another activity but it's telling me onClick is never used
>>
File: Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png (102 KB, 352x373) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png
102 KB, 352x373
Is there a Firefox addon to block Google Scholar paywall? I'm tired of searching academic articles and having to close dozens of results because they are paid.
>>
>>54116792
Oh, rear works. But why? The front clearly recognizes my headphones too

Any way to fix that? The cable isn't long enough to use the back unfortunately
>>
>>54116254
Looks like it will support a riser with 2 16x PCIE slots. Is that a SuperMicro board?
>>
>>54116803
nvm, it was because I placed it outside the actual method like an idiot
>>
>>54116868
nope, its an intel S5520UR. im having real trouble sourcing a riser for it, would it be possible to just put an x16 ribbon in the back half of it?
>>
>>54116894
I don't see it being a problem. Electrically they should be wired the same. That slot looks very similar to what I've seen used by supermicro. Trying to find some hard information for you though.
>>
>>54111943

Winlogon associates accounts with not only a name, but an identifier. In fact, if you just delete or rename the account via control panel, the old folder will still exist complete with permissions and it's old name because of how winlogon works.

Go into the Local Users and Groups snapin to delete the full account. After that, permissions should be no longer associated with the account folder C:\Users\[FOLDER_NAME] and you should finally be able to delete it with any standard account.
>>
is there a chrome extension like the google mail checker with support for generic email services (i.e. cock.li)?
>>
What television do I get for around 350 euros?

I've got one LG 32LB570B and I'm pretty happy with it, but I bought it a year or two ago and there probably is a newer replacement for it or something. It doesn't necessarily need to be 1080p since it'll be viewed from far away.

Need it as a home cinema, youtube, regular tv, no gaming.
>>
>>54111649
Why are birds sitting on her?
>>
File: imgB1041875.jpg (9 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
imgB1041875.jpg
9 KB, 250x249
>>54116894
>From the manual
Note: The PCI-X interface is supported using 2U Butterfly PCI Express*/PCI-X active riser.

The riser connector is a 280-pin PCI Express* connector from FCI-Berg (Vendor P/N:
10027747-11110TLF). The pin-out defines four Power Rails (3.3V, 3.3VAUX, 5V, 12V, and
N12V), 24 lanes of PCI Express* Gen2 lanes, seven Reference Clocks along with various
sideband signals. One RSVD pin is strapped to the ground on the server board and is not used
on the Riser.
>>
>>54117057
so, would it be possible to use an x16 ribbon with it?
>>
Why is my computer fans so loud when I'm doing nothing? I'm using 1-3% CPU and 37% memory.

It gets even worse when opening a game. Sounds like it's about to fly away from me.

I have fully cleaned my computer on the inside and I recently reinstalled Windows.

Pls halp
>>
File: 1372673288457.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1372673288457.png
2 KB, 142x138
How can I self archive a thread WITH all the images? Ctrl+S saves the posts, but I want all the files too
>>
File: CPU - Copy.png (24 KB, 624x450) Image search: [Google]
CPU - Copy.png
24 KB, 624x450
Is anything besides high temperature abnormal here?
columns are - current/min/max

help :(
>>
>>54117183
check temps
if temps are high then replace thermal paste
if temps are normal reconfigure fan profiles
>>
File: Speccy64_2016-04-19_16-34-41.png (23 KB, 589x417) Image search: [Google]
Speccy64_2016-04-19_16-34-41.png
23 KB, 589x417
>>54117218
This is 20 minutes after closing a game. Not sure if this is high or not.
>>
>>54117120
Looks like a no. Pinouts are different and grounds are all over the place.
>>
>>54117240
20 minutes isn't any different from 20 seconds of idle
Speccy also doesn't give accurate readings on AMD cpus
>>
>>54117286
>Speccy also doesn't give accurate readings on AMD cpus
What would you recommend to use then?
>>
>>54117248
fuck, guess im shit out of luck then
>>
>>54116761
>>54116867
Still looking for a fix for this.

tldr;
Back of the PC audio jack works and gives me sound. Front jack doesn't give me sound, even though my headphones are recognized and active when connected through there.
>>
Looking to upgrade my CPU;

Should I get a Skylake i5, or a Xeon E3 1231? Can't afford an i7.
>>
My settings in NVIDIA non-stop change back.
Cannot run the panel as admin because I'm on admin account.
>>
>>54117248
out of curiosity, where are you digging all this up from?
>>
>>54117425
get dual xeon 2670s
>>
how do you guys disable windows telemetry?
>>
>>54117474
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5520ur/sb/e44031012_s5520ur_s5520urt_tps_r1_9.pdf
>>
>>54117481
by simply not using windows
>>
>>54117479

Definitely can't afford that.

So i5, or xeon 123x?
>>
>>54117528
xD
>>
File: me.gif (15 KB, 250x274) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
15 KB, 250x274
>>54117539
i read somewhere that you can't fully disable all of the telemetry in windows 10
so i guess the solution would be to not use it if you don't like the telemetry
>>
>>54117539
You have to be honest with yourself. If you have no way of confirming how private your data is and that your privacy is important to you, you should not use windows.
>>
File: 1419906007003.jpg (47 KB, 611x450) Image search: [Google]
1419906007003.jpg
47 KB, 611x450
>>54117574
>Anime
>>
>>54117462
Question is: how the hell i make settings not change back?
>>
File: me.png (743 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
me.png
743 KB, 1280x720
>>54117590
glad i could help!
>>
So CrystalDiskInfo says "CAUTION" under my HDD, specifically "currently pending sector count: 41"

Should I be worried? Can I even do anything about it?
>>
best NES emulator?
>>
Is there any correlation between sexual orientation and preferred mattress firmness?
>>
What is the best book to learn python3 if I already can program?
>>
File: microsoft-237843_640.png (182 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-237843_640.png
182 KB, 640x640
Which are the Windows 10-related updates on Windows 7? I lost the link, can someone give it to me?
>>
>>54117642
If bad sector count is increasing, the drive is failing. Use GSmartControl instead of that embarrassing waifu shit.
>>
>>54117724
i used this thing
https://github.com/th3power/aegis-voat
>Aegis for Windows 7/8.x - Block all known Microsoft spying and Windows 10 upgrade elements
>>
>>54117642
Yes you should.
Move that HDD to secondary storage duty if you are using it as OS HDD and don't store important stuff on it.
>>
>>54113050
Do the same experiment but put the power cord in your mouth. Leave a note for the police explaining that you were testing conductive properties of various materials.
>>
>>54117538
theyre £50 a pop senpai, you definately can
>>
>>54117425
Post speccy of your current PC.
Just get an I5 if you have to ask.
>>
>>54117000
but I have appdata for programs I currently use in these folders
is there no way to fix that issue? I can't just delete that too
>>
>>54111649
4chan x was giving me posting errors testing with it disabled here
>>
File: birds-of-brazil-1035669_640.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
birds-of-brazil-1035669_640.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
I had the Twitter account of my blog blocked on the day it was created. Is it normal to happen on Twitter? I was required to give a cellphone number in order to unblock the account. But I don't wanted to give telephone numbers, so I'm sad.
>>
>>54117831
I have my OS on my SSD so should be fine, can the pending sector count affect performance?
>>
>>54112756
Let's clear things up a bit - you've got OS ssd, and a hdd with old OS and programs on it. You want to wipe hdd completely? Could be done with anything bootable, from windows installation disc starting.
Or just remove windows from it but still keep it's programs? Because that won't work.
>>
>>54117962
It can affect operation, or it is a sign of pending failure
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.