[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst technology brand and why is it Razer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: razer-logo-slide-2.png (18 KB, 262x261) Image search: [Google]
razer-logo-slide-2.png
18 KB, 262x261
What is the worst technology brand and why is it Razer?
>>
OSVR is a cool project and looks promising.
Other than that, Razer can kind of suq my nutz.
>>
Well

>everything is marketed to 12 year olds (l33t)
>Despite their ergonomics , razer Mice are known to have shitty quality and shitty sensors
>There keyboards were fine when they had a real cherry MX switches , but they jewed out into making shittier switches while keeping the price the same
>I don't like the color green
>>
Linux is worse
>>
Mice ergonomics are one thing, if it works in your hand I get that, but dear god WHY does everything need to have rgb lighting? Even the mousepad! Do I really need to use a USB port for a piece of fabric?
>>
>>54096447
This
>>
>>54096386
Gentoo
>>
File: apple_416x416.jpg (41 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
apple_416x416.jpg
41 KB, 416x416
>>54096386
>>
>>54096543
/thread
>>
>>54096432
I agree with all of this except about the mice, not all of them are complete shit. My deathadder chroma is treating me nicely; although I do want to find a different mouse.
>>
>>54096386
>bought 3 razer mice
>all 3 became defective within 6 months
Never going to fall for razer meme again.
Also never bought another mouse again since getting a macbook with its godly trackpad.
>>
File: 1_PERCENT.png (140 KB, 257x252) Image search: [Google]
1_PERCENT.png
140 KB, 257x252
>>
>>54096637
there is no razer meme
>>
>>54096563
that's not the worst and you know it. More like good enough that you have an internal struggle about it occasionally as to why it's not quite good enough for you for whatever reason. And this upsets you so you become most vocal about this brand.
>>
>Deliberate misspelling
>those LEDs
>those product names
>aesthetics in general

In short, gamer shit.
>>
>>54096386
lenovo meme
>>
>tfw favorite color is green and my only option for green shit is Razor
>>
File: Lelnovo 2.0.png (13 KB, 1392x271) Image search: [Google]
Lelnovo 2.0.png
13 KB, 1392x271
>>54098509
>>
>>54098600
>buying products purely because of their color

are you a woman, or just autistic? I bet you own a several hundred dollar PC case purely for its looks too.
>>
>>54098600
There's so many option beside razer, many of those "gaming" products have RGB lighting nowadays.
>>
>>54096432
I can't confirm or talk about anything but this:
>Despite their ergonomics , razer Mice are known to have shitty quality and shitty sensors

I only bought a mouse - razer naga for mmo's
and in just 2 years time the sensor fucked up so badly, it's worse than a 12 usd gaming mouse.

Good thing it's still in warranty - going to replace it ... and since it's 2014 model and they don't have it in shop anymore they're going to give me the Chroma version - which will probably resist 2 more years, so 100 usd for 4 years is still awful... but at least they replace them fast.

+ No more green lmao.

Oh and if they give me the money back I'll buy something else instead.
>>
>>54099701
>60 USD
>Two years
What the actual fuck?
My $1 genius has lasted me for 3 years, and these gaymen mouse can't even do that?
>>
Razer was one decent, Diamondback, Krait and the likes.
>>
>>54096386

Lenovo "gaming" gear might be even worse. This piece of junk is 155 dollars and doesn't even use real cherry switches.
>>
SAP. Not even a contest.
>>
>>54096386
Keks after the jump:
https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/contest-over-insider-giveaway-win-a-razer-metallic-emblem.1280/
>>
Bose. Garbage for 50+year old men who cant use google for some reason.
>>
File: madcatz-logo.jpg (45 KB, 952x514) Image search: [Google]
madcatz-logo.jpg
45 KB, 952x514
>>
I use an older deathadder for about 5 years now, its still good and the sensor is excellent, build quality is sturdy as fuck. Why are you all complaining?
>>
>>54096386
Their laptops seem pretty based
>>
>>54101027
Why isn't my ferarri as reliable as a kia?
>>
>>54096386
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
>>54096386
A little bit overpriced, but the quality on their products is really great
>>
Everyone knows it's Microsoft WIndows
>>
>>54102883
are you serious? Razer quality is notoriously shitty
>>
>>54102983
BUT KENNYS ENDORSES IT
>>
razer nostromo is good
>>
>>54102983
the mousepad and gamepad Ive owned where pretty good quality
>>
Corsair
M65 RGB

Just hit 1 year old (Just missed the warranty) and the mouse wheel click is busted. Creeks when scrolling for the last 6 months.

GS700 PSU again a fault developed after a year where the light sets to blue, and couldn't return to shop after a year, Corsair would offer a replacement once I sent my PSU in, but not much good when I need my PC for work etc.

A friends M95 mouse, this thing was ricer as shit, 11 buttons or some bullshit for MMOs (doesn't play MMOs) and his sensor will just stop registering movement.
>>
>>54103030
They make some nice products, but the quality control sucks. Might be why the PSU warranties went from 7 years to 10 recently.
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 900x948
>>54102803
he was offering an oppinion based on the question
>>
>>54096386
I have the razer deathadder 2013 and mousepad and they are ok, never had a problem with them
>>
>>54103300
then just fucking ask the first question then give an opinion,
instead of stating said opinion in the form of an opinionated question that invalidates the open ended nature of the first question
>>
Why is razer so bad? I have a keyboard and mouse from them and i like it
>>
I love my deathadder. Haven't had a single hiccup yet in 7 months of daily use.
>>
>>54096386
Google.
>>
>>54102803
>trying this hard to sound smart on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>54104989
>not understanding my legitimate complaint about this stupid memetic way of starting a thread
>>
Synapse is horrible program and with tons of bugs and crashes on me 5+ times a day. It makes using the computer a chore. Stay away from their products until they hire some decent developers and finish their awful drivers.
>>
>>54102723

Razers don`t even perform well. Its just a shitty mouse with a bodykit.
>>
>>54102636

I have diamondback g3 thats almost 10 years old. Still works use it for my laptop mouse. Using Oruboros now that works fine with wireless and more programmable buttons.
>>
>>54103300
>Being this new
>>
>>54096386
I have a Razor Deathadder. Best mouse ever.
>>
>>54097770
>apple
>internal struggle
Yeah no, I don't even have to think twice. Ever.
>>
>>54096447
i agree
>>
File: tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>54096386
Who is the biggest faggot and why is it op?
>>
File: 1432692908174.jpg (51 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1432692908174.jpg
51 KB, 600x448
>>54097748
wat
>>
I unironically want the Blade Stealth though.
>>
>>54096386
>6 years ago
>still in school, needed earphones after last pair literally denatured and fell apart
>in home country, tiny place with no shop chains or megamarts or whatever the fuck your tesco/Walmart/lidl equivalent is
>walk into small corner shop selling electronics
>stumble across razer earphones
>didn't even know my country stocked them in physical stores, until recently you ask shopkeeper to import such things and some people still do this
>€20, not even a knockoff
>came with little zip pouch about the size of two Zippo's
>mfw they are perfectly fine for my non-audiophile needs
>still not signs of wear and tear on them
>carry them every day in pouch which I also use for utility USB, micro sds, adaptor and micro USB to USB cable

Friends and family spend €20+ on earphones every few months, or if it lasts more than a year its quadruple the cost.
Everyone here slams Razer but my one and only product I ever bought from them has been legit. At least they couldn't rice the ever living fuck out of basic earphones so I guess that's a factor.
>>
>>54096386
they use cheap components and flaunt them like it's some kind of bragging point.
See: their mechanical keyboards and the Chinese knockoff Cherry switches they use.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.