[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do niggers get their jaypeg files looking this way?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (2 MB, 826x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 826x960
How the fuck do niggers get their jaypeg files looking this way? It literally looks old, like even their memes are shit tier hand me downs
>>
>>54077552
Just keep saving and using the shittest file compression again and again and you end up wit hthat
>>
Before ratchet twitter became a meme, images would become jaypeg-ified by passing through multiple social media sites until it finally ends up on twitter.
People have no idea what image compression does.

Later on, people started doing it intentionally because it's actually kind of funny.
>>
>>54077552
Do you not know what a filter is?
>>
>>54077552
>using derogatory terms
back to >>>/pol/, this board is not for racism
>>
>>54077607
Carl pls
>>
>you ain't from the bronx of you ain't never had this
>of you ain't

triggered.so fucking triggered
>>
>>54077607
All of 4chan is racist, time to lurk more and post less.
>>
Windows 7, take a jpg and rotate it hundreds of times. It will end up all crazy.
>>
>>54078196

kill yourself faggot

/pol/ level discussion is for boards like /tv/ or /v/

this is /g/, you are the niggers here /pol/
>>
>>54077607
fuck off, reddit
>>
>>54078212
Everyone has been called faggots and niggers for a long time now.
>>
>>54078236
There's no point arguing about lurking with newfags. They feel entitled to the culture molding itself to them instead of the other way around. The internet is doomed more or less.
>>
>>54077552

Just keep saving it, then posting, and repeat the process until it becomes degraded.
>>
File: 1458098799122.jpg (66 KB, 593x782) Image search: [Google]
1458098799122.jpg
66 KB, 593x782
>>54077607
>>
>>54077552
>niggers in the Bronx eat sponges
Is this real?
>>
>>54078271
you do realize that saving doesn't re encode the image right?
>>
>>54078706
bro it's sponge cake
>>
>>54077607
A WHITE MALE
>>
>>54078850
they don't save the actual image, usually they take a screenshot of it and then re-upload it
do this enough times and you get stuff like op's pic
>>
https://youtu.be/QEzhxP-pdos
>>
It looks like somebody ran a screenshot through multiple Instagram filters for who knows what reason.
>>
>>54078878
to elaborate, instagram doesn't allow the user to save images locally (I think?), so they screenshot the picture they want to save. Naturally, they're using instagram as a "camera app", with filters enabled, so the file they save gets processed. If this happens ten or so times, it looks like the image in the OP
>>
>>54080061
nothing you said is right. if you take a screenshot your phone make a PNG - it's a lossless screencapture. this is the case in iOS and android. and no photos get automatic filters when they're saved.

are you people all from reddit or something?
>>
>>54080092
I don't know mate I don't use any photo apps or social networks I'm just repeating what I read on http://www.theawl.com/2014/12/the-triumphant-rise-of-the-shitpic like I actually know something

I'm going to make an imagemagick script to do this to pictures though so look out for my upcoming thread
>>
>>54078257
>le "4chan has always been a haven for racist white weebs" meme
Kill yourself
>>
>>54080061
Why would instagram enforce stupid shit like that
>>
>>54080160
it's just not a feature of the app I think. Just read the article I linked, I literally use my smartphone as a mobile browser and have never used a dedicated "app" other than some casual games
>>
I always thought it was the result of people taking pictures of pictures on their computer screen and then it became a meme
>>
>>54080137
>I don't know mate I don't use any photo apps or social networks
literally nothing I pointed out was related to either of those things. Smartphones don't take JPEG screenshots, and they don't automatically apply filters. Those facts should be known to you if you had ever owned a smartphone.

Are you retarded? Is this some kind of really limp-wristed bait?

>I'm going to make an imagemagick script
no, do us all a favor and familiarize yourself with shit before you post things in general. that would be a better use of your time. you're talking straight out of your ass and we have enough trouble dealing with trolls without also dealing with know-nothing fucking retards who think their insight is worth anything.
>>
Do niggers really eat sponges?
>>
/g/ is a safe space

respect my programming pronouns shitlord
>>
>>54080241
>Smartphones don't take JPEG screenshots,
...yes they do
>>
>>54080241
You're right, I have my order backwards. They take a lossless screenshot of a lossy image, then re-upload it which involves a lossy conversion process, and possibly filters which may actually have to be manually applied.

Instagram started out as a replacement for the camera application though, right? Before it was a huge social network? I was assuming that it also governed screenshots.
>>
>>54080241
getting turbomad over re-encoded JPGs

re-evaluate yourself
>>
__
/\_\
/ / /_
/ /_/\ \
_\ \/ \ \
/\ \ /\ \_\
\ \/ \ \/_/
\ /\ \_\
\/_/ / /
/ / /
\/_/
>>
>>54080241
Jesus dude calm down.
Relax.
>>
File: 1.jpg (86 KB, 680x1170) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86 KB, 680x1170
>>54077607
>>
>>54077607

Do you know where you are kid?
>>
>>54077607
>literally being triggered by le niggers
If you feel sorry for niggers then consider suicide
>>
>>54080312
Neither iOS nor Android does. What piece of shit are you talking about?

>>54080314
Instagram allowed you to take pictures, and earlier on it defaulted to the camera app, but that has always just been a camera. there was never a setting to automatically apply filters to all photos taken. that would be fucking insane.

for someone who insistently professes that he doesn't use these apps, you're decidedly assertive about how this shit works.

>>54080348
i'm not sure why you're imagining this being more than me typing on a keyboard; i'm just chastising an idiot for talking without knowing anything. those people need to be chastised. i'm not going to coddle him.

>>54080370
see above. i'm just verbally lashing an idiot. don't project whatever physical tantrum you normally have with annoyance.
>>
>>54077552
It's not that they get shitty quality images that bothers me, it's that they save them as massive fucking pngs. Is a 1.84 MB PNG really needed for a fucking picture of some text over a sponge?
Phones are the death of the internet.
>>
Those are NOT jpeg compression artifacts: Look at how crisp the font is, look at the lack of big compression box artifacts.
It's simply sharpened very strongly, which creates that noise pattern.
>>
>>54077607
>complaining about racism on a cantonese supremacist image board
>>
It looks like it's been printed and then scanned back in
>>
>>54080443
faggots on here post huge images of stupid shit, takes forever to load
>inb4 your speed is shit
fuck no, 4chan's servers are shit
>>
>>54077607
Hi there, Sweden
>>
File: pride of scandinavia.gif (2 MB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
pride of scandinavia.gif
2 MB, 300x182
>>54077607
>>
They are screenshot and saved in ms paint

Over and over
>>
File: black_people_japan.webm (2 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
black_people_japan.webm
2 MB, 768x432
>>54077607
ayyy
>>
>>54080477

the OP pic is a meme pic, its not a legit artifact ridden jpeg
>>
>>54080570
>muh gunz n shit nikkuh
Enjoy your pervasive poverty, class divide, class immobility, student debt, medical debt, and 60% whiteness my fat balding american friend.
>>
>>54077607
Go cry in a corner.
>>
File: 1444631808270.jpg (81 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1444631808270.jpg
81 KB, 370x330
>>54080810
You'll have that all soon enough, thanks to refugees :^)
>>
File: captain sweden.jpg (29 KB, 400x404) Image search: [Google]
captain sweden.jpg
29 KB, 400x404
>>54077607
the hero we need
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.