[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List 5 advantages that iOS has over Android.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 17
List 5 advantages that iOS has over Android.
>>
>stability
>speed
>decent app store
>siri actually good
>security due to the closed nature
>>
>>54072108
>>security due to the closed nature

Fucking lol
>>
File: 1460833714430.jpg (605 KB, 1200x1769) Image search: [Google]
1460833714430.jpg
605 KB, 1200x1769
>>54072063
>implying a person can only come up with 5
there's a million advantages ios has over android
>>
>>54072133
>that pic
Nice way to die tbqh familia.
>>
>>54072063
I bet she sucks a mean dick.
>>
Updates
Updates
Updates
Updates
Updates

Regards, a Samsung Galaxy owner.
>>
>>54072108
>>siri actually good
You fucking serious? Siri is retarded. Practically everyone except you agrees that Google Now rekts Siri.
>>
>>54072171
>letting a turk near your dick
Shiggy diggy anon
>>
File: your opinion.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>54072108
>siri is actually good
>>
File: 1383839745185.jpg (50 KB, 377x538) Image search: [Google]
1383839745185.jpg
50 KB, 377x538
>>54072108
>>
>>54072171
"she"
>>
>>54072133
alright, post some that don't overlap what's already been posted in this thread then.
>>
>>54072063
>this girl is apparently a turkroach
There is no way she isn't an abductee
>>
>>54073585
"dick"
>>
>>54075046
"faggot"
>>
>>54073678
Always say yes to anal.
Always say yes to anal.
Always say yes to anal.
Always say yes to anal.
No menstruation.
>>
>>54075086
you're not wrong
>>
>>54075107
I know.
>>
>>54074811
>maximum damage control

What you refer as roaches are probably arabs and arabic mixes. Because how the fuck can a race that is from central asia be sandniggers? Those roaches are a long process of racemixing, which also previews the distant future of Europe if you don't prevent it.
>>
>>54075086
enjoy HIV, they retards fuck with monkeys in the first place and transmit to other gays
then they raped hetero.
no gays no HIV. Every single one of them must die.
>>
>>54075444
I'm not sure if you really believe what you say.
>>
>>54072185
>Having the latest software instead of waiting until your carrier and Samsung decide to release the newest Android version.
>>
File: png.png (522 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
png.png
522 KB, 1000x833
>>54075444
>They believe that the chimpanzee version of the immunodeficiency virus (called simian immunodeficiency virus or SIV) most likely was transmitted to humans and mutated into HIV when humans hunted these chimpanzees for meat and came into contact with their infected blood.
from google, and yes i have autism
>>
Why I prefer iOS

1. Apps and system look better
2. How the launcher behaves in general, no appdrwaer
3. Uniform icons
4. Swipe from the left to return instead of back button
5. Only one physical button and no onscreen buttons
6. No homescreen widgets, everything is organized on the today tab
7. Most apps I use work better on iOS than on android
>>
>>54075689
better hope you don't turn out a boy, that would fuck you up for life
>>
>>54075621
fake
>>
Better apps
More optimized
Better cpu
Better implementation of widgets
No need to worry about stupid shit like wakelocks and tinker endlessly with your phone to get it working right rather than actually using it
>>
Daily reminder that if you use iOS, you do not belong on a technology board of all places. Maybe macrumours, or something but not this board, this board is for tinkerers, and people who love modifying their devices and refuse to give up that.
iOS doesn't even have a file browser for fucks sake by default
>>
>>54072063
>>54073619
>dont have to care about files on your device because no file browser
>more productivity because battery is going to die in a hour and you will have more time to work
>increases GDP of countries(Here China's) because it encourages spending more than you need and many in (China) will be lifted from poverty
>solves the piracy problem because only way to listen to music or install apps is the itunes and app store
>No more 'hard to use' settings options

Thats 4 advantages I can think of
>>
>>54072063
>it's lagfree
>updated fast and support lasts longer
>prefered by developers, so better versions of apps and more new innovative ones
>doesn't waste screen space with permanent on screen buttons like most Lagdroids
>it generally looks more refined and not like some Indian hobbyist OS
>more secure
and biggest of them all
>Continuity

Also not really iOS related but Apple is the only one still making phones, I don't fuck a fucking tablet in my pocket

>>54078562
>solves the piracy problem because only way to listen to music or install apps is the itunes and app store
It's not like you can transfer all your pirated shit on it ... oh wait.
>>
>>54072108
>stability
...meh but ok
>speed
it's ok but flagship android devices are faster
>decent app store
I prefer google play store (I use an iphone thou)
>siri actually good
siri is shit. any assistent is shit
>security due to the closed nature
yes
>>
>>54072108
>stability
since when android became less stable? or you thought that because of some specific program being unstable? well that's not os problem
>speed
do i have to post webms of lags on iphones? or record the near flawless speed of my $30 ZTE V811 working on CM13?
>decent app store
only decent thing about appstore is a bit less braindead users. otherwise it's all the same

other two are just pulled out of your ass

sit down iqueer
>>
iOS is better for Normie's who want no control over their device
>just werks
>>
>>54081600
>it's ok but flagship android devices are faster
That's just wrong. They might be slightly better in some multicore benchmarks but in real use they don't come even close. Also the NAND speed is about twice as slow.

>>54081650
> or you thought that because of some specific program being unstable? well that's not os problem
Not directly but due the devs caring more about iOS apps because there is money to be made it's still down to the OS from the end user POV.
>>
>>54075444
Fuck off Mohammed.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 555x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 555x400
>>54072063
blue text bubbles
strangers know how your phone works when you need them to take your picture
airdrop just werks
icloud very easily syncs all data across all my devices
very easy to use gps in halfmile app while not using any other hardware antennas, so lower power use
>>
At this point, I really can't find anything that would make an average user choose an iPhone over a Samsung/LG/etc flagship or vice versa except personal preference.

I can come up with a few iPhone advantages, but they're all pretty minor IMO.

>Accessory/peripheral selection
There's a lot more stuff out there for iPhones, from external cameras and mics to alarm clock docks and cases.
>Apps
Pretty close now, and Android alternatives are actually good these days, but Apple still has some nice exclusives.
>iCloud
It was better when I had my iPhone 5 than anything I've found in the last three years of Android phones.
>iTunes
Not that iTunes itself is good, but if you have a library of DRMed music that dates back to the click wheel iPod days, there's not much you can do about it.
>>
>>54072063
It seems to need a shill to post this shit everyday to justify his 'choice'
>>
>>54082360
What are some apps that are actually exclusive to iOS? All the major companies release both at the same time now, and lately I've been seeing more and more apps that are being released only on Android because they are side projects for the creators and they don't want to bother paying the fee for iOS development and use/learn a language thats only good for iOS
>>
>>54081600
>it's ok but flagship android devices are faster
for the first 2 months, as long as you don't install any apps
>>
File: image.png (52 KB, 652x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 652x480
>>54078081
This is an anime website for people that like anime + the board they browse.
>>
>>54081985
>defending gays
kek
>>
>>54082423
Sure, shill, i bet you've never used an Xperia Z.
>>
>>54072133
Do you have some more pictures of that lady to share?
>>
>>54080385
>preferred by developers
>generally looks more refined
>continuity

faggot get out
>>
>>54081600
iPhone has the fastest processor and the fastest storage. No android flagship even comes close.
>>
>>54083118
[citation needed]
>>
>>54083099
http://bgr.com/2015/04/15/ios-vs-android-developers-revenue-apps/

http://bgr.com/2016/02/04/iphone-android-app-piracy/
>>
>>54083189
That literally does not mean anything. The reason there's more revenue on iOS is because devs have to fork over $100 a year to apple just to get the privilege of having the chance to get an app on their store. Google's store has a lower barrier to entry, a one time fee of $20 so devs can afford to release their work for free. The fact that Google has so many more downloads even though the market is split roughly equally between them says a lot more.
>>
>>54083221
So why would devs pay Apple much more money if they can get their apps out for almost free in Play store?

Also not 100% sure but this seems like the revenue APPS make, the Apple cut comes afterwards.

>the market is split roughly equally
It's not. It's 80-20 world-wide.
>>
>>54083313
>why would devs pay more money
Because if your app is well enough established then there's little risk, for a pretty big piece of reward. 20% might not be much compared to android, but if you put a price on your app then the original $100 is easily made up.
>>
>>54078081
>muh tinkering
>muh file system
>my incessant need to tweak for the sake of tweaking

Fuck off back to XDA.
>>
>>54083444
>muh apel
>y r people interested in technology

Fuck off back to Facebook.
This is why no one takes iToddlers and mactards seriously.
>>
>>54083502
fucking this
>>
>>54072063
gay sex
>>
>>54082441
/b/ = random because that's so random XD
/n/ = tra/n/sport
/k/ = weapons /k/ill people
/d/ = /d/egenerate freak show
>>
>>54081650

>DO I NEED TO POST OUT DATED WEBMS ABOUT LAG ON IPHONE?? XDD

The only reason those websm exists is because actual instances of lag within iOS are so rare, they actually stand out when they happen. Unlike Android where its so common place, you just become unaware of it.

Also, unlike Android, anytime something like that happens in iOS, Apple actually fixes it with the next update.
>>
>Much more polished design. White people work on the design not left-brain Indians. Indians have no respect for design or creativity in general.

>Doesn't have a search bar with a fisher price logo on it.

>iOS Search feels like it's inbuilt in the OS, while googles seems like it launches google.com. Google search is terrible for searching contacts or phone files. Also it takes 3-5 seconds to load. While iOS is instant.

>Before Marshmallow, you needed to let Apps access every part of your phone in order to install it.

>iOS has allowed consistent and foolproof design. They don't want you to have much involvement in the design. It has worked in their favor. As I've walked into phone stores and the demo units of android flagships have the icons rearranged with 3-4 clocks on the homescreen.

>Updates available today for 5 year old iOS Devices, android flagships supported for 6 months to 2 years. with 3-4 months delay due to carrier testing etc.

>Carrier Bloatware on Android. Apple has control over their device.

>iOS notifications are leaps ahead of android. They even look better. Google's cards make everything look the same on the lock screen with greyscale icons.

>Less repetition of apps. Stock iOS apps work well and won't have duplicates like the Galaxy S7.

>Apps work better and feel more premium in iOS. I've now switched to Android and the experience feels cheaper. From apps having pop up ads and fullscreen ads that are designed to make you accidentally click them during games.

>Android is basically designed as a digital billboard for Google. Google is only concerned about getting a higher marketshare to sell more ads. The 1 billion people movement has led to spam in the review section...with reviews saying "earn xyz online".
>>
>>54083444
Why the fuck are you on a technology board then?
>>
They say the fact that rooting and flashing is Androids best feature and it's used to fix carrier bullshit. Well if you have to pay 700$ for shady software only to fix it, then it's not a feature but inconvenience.

The advantage is looking at it from a layman, normie perspective. Apple just had a winning formula.

They played on psychological factor of people wanting to be part of something, feel exclusive. Which is why you cannot and will never be able to license iOS, the way you can with Windows and Google Android.

However if I'm paying big money for a device, It needs to werk as soon as I switch it on. iOS is designed around simplicity and walling the user in, so that you are less likely to screw the software side of your phone.

iOS make sures what you see in your gallery is relevant to what to save. For e.g. my HTC One M8 shows all my album art as different albums in gallery. I have to manually disable all. iOS will never make this mistake, so a 60 year old woman will always get to see her camera photos and whatsapp shares.

Rooting and rom flashing are not advantages in anyway. I've rooted and flashed phones for 2 years now, and it's a lousy process with benefits heavily overrated.

Paying 700$ for a android devices for rooting and rom flashing is bullshit.
>>
>>54083728
Well I guess ricing a homescreen with shitty Zooper widgets is not his idea of technology. Poor guy.
>>
Almost all OEM's are ditching On Screen buttons for Hardware buttons. because googles idea failed hard. Having to swipe up, press button within an app to go back to home was silly.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_222830~01.jpg (2 MB, 4544x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_222830~01.jpg
2 MB, 4544x2736
>>54083836
Or programming your avr with your phone either I guess
>>
>>54072063
1fps
1fps
1fps
1fps
1fps
>>
rolling in troll thread

>security, no rooting phones to upgrade
>fits in pocket easier (sometimes you want a dumb phone)
>what I am calling "less learning". The advertising engine isn't nearly as good as googlebot. I really don't need to be blasted with the same ad on everything.
>iTunes integration/general integration. If you are paying for you music and you stick to the same platform it works. Android doesn't have an equivalent.
>app store is less crowded and generally has better shit. Androids developer friendly platform has filled it with garbage. There isn't anything that one has over the other, but you find it faster on IOS
>apple navigation > google navigation in remote locations. About a dozen times google sent me up the road only to drive down the other side. One time 32 kilometers.
>>
>>54083728
Because I like technology you fucking idiot.

I've used Android since I was flashing it on my HD2. Saying that it's a better mobile OS because you can endlessly modify things that you shouldn't need to modify to get a decent user experience was a shit tier argument though. It's the typical Android users rebuttal.
>muh customisation
>muh freedoms
>muh ability to fix things that shouldn't be my responsibility to fix

It gets old.
>>
File: 1455453511778.jpg (112 KB, 863x946) Image search: [Google]
1455453511778.jpg
112 KB, 863x946
>>54083656
>Apple actually fixes it with the next update.
good joke
>>
>>54083099
No, it's the reality. Android's SDK is a fucking joke but you wouldn't know that because you probably haven't written a line of code in your life.
>>
File: bus_pirate_header.png (42 KB, 800x356) Image search: [Google]
bus_pirate_header.png
42 KB, 800x356
>>54083882
Can also connect the BusPirate to it.

(Well I can't, because my phone is old as shit and can't do OTG)
>>
>>54083882
mental illness
>>
>>54084066
No you don't understand iToddler, Android is usable right out of the box, you don't even need to install iTunes or whatever or even make a Google account if you don't want to.
People modify Android because they can and because they seek to improve

>>54084172
>being interested in technology is mental illness
>posting this on a technology board of all places
iToddler,s everyone
>>
File: Boku.jpg (16 KB, 235x262) Image search: [Google]
Boku.jpg
16 KB, 235x262
>>54084066
>>muh ability to fix things that shouldn't be my responsibility to fix

So you would rather just suffer a lack of a feature or a bug until Apple decides to fix/implement it rather than *have* the option of fixing it yourself?

>Applefags
>>
I am pretty happy with my windows phone.
>>
>>54084194
iPhones ARE technology.

What you posted is pure autism though. Same as the other moron with the multimeter - if you weren't a basement-dwelling neckbeard, you'd know that literally NO ONE uses phones for things such as these in the real world.
>>
>>54084255
Oh god how dare someone do neat hobbyist electronics stuff with it!
Better make a locked up piece of shit phone that will keep those icky nerds in their place.

Smartphones are for Facebook and nothing else after all.
>>
>>54084255
>fruity toddler toys
>babby single panic button interface so iToddlers don't get confused by a back or menu button
>technology

Back to Facebook.
>>
>>54083629
your post is so random xD
>>
>>54084319
thnks xD
>>
>>54072063
iOS review process is slow and bureaucratic which makes apps with critical bugs remain so until Apple allows the update to be published which may be anywhere in between 2 days and a week.

Oh wait that's not an advantage
>>
>OMG why cant android be dumbed down to one button so i can use it easily with my room temperature IQ? D:
>iOS iz so ez cuz it jus one buttan
>apel is so smart
>why cant all technology be ez like apel?
>lololo anything more complex than one buttan is AUTISM, get a life nerdz

Legitimate question, where do mactoddlers and iToddlers get the false impression that they're welcome much less belong on any technology board/forum?
>>
>>54084415
Because there are so many consumerist whores on this board that only talk about shit like how many pixels that 4 inch display has, gpu benchmarks, etc.?
>>
>>54084415
If desktop "rice" belong to this technology board/forum, so do mactoddlers :^)
>>
>>54072108
>>stability
not after post iOS6
>>speed
not after post iOS6
>>decent app store
true
>>siri actually good
Sorry, I didn't understand that.
True
>>
>>54084495
Desktop thread is just containment though.

Would love if mods would just permaban everyone in it once in a while but moderation hasn't been fun here for many years.
>>
>>54084495
desu desktop, homescreen, smartphone, gpu war, chinese stuff threads dont belong here either

There are regular (and far better in quality) Homescreen and desktop threads on
>boards.4chan.org/wg/ too
>>
>>54082620
i found the artist once, he has some stuff up on exhentai. its literally all this, he has 200 images up there and its just women with body shapes like this sitting on mens faces in various poses. guy is obsessed.

i cant remember his name off by heart but you could find it with some googling and reverse image searching.
>>
>>54084560
>chinese stuff threads
Chinese import sites are actually pretty great for hobby electronics.
Of course those threads are mostly obsessed about smartphones and tablets.
>>
>>54084519
Mine /just werks/ on iOS9, don't know what bullshit you trying to pull
>>
>>54084495
But desktop threads genuinely foster the most tech savvy people on /g/.
I mean, you are seriously giving too much credit to everyone here. Typing config files is seriously that much more advanced to the average /g/ poster.
>>
>>54084611
Good joke.
>>
>>54084194
>iToddler

Please, I've spent several years highly involved in the Android "community" and I know exactly why people do it. I also know that it's usable right out of the box, I never stated otherwise.

As I said before, fuck off back to XDA and keep posting your riced out home screens. Clearly you are the one who should be questioning why they are on a technology board.

If you just want to shitpost then just go to /s4s/.
>>
>>54084645
>Saying that it's a better mobile OS because you can endlessly modify things that you shouldn't need to modify to get a decent user experience
>>
>>54084690
That doesn't mean it's unusable, just unpleasant to use. Learn to read.
>>
>>54084154
I haven't used Swift or made something for an iPhone, but I agree with you about Android's SDK. It amazes me how bad it is.
>>
>>54072108
>Good app store
>Have an app that competes with Apple's shitty one
>Get removed from the store

>Siri
>Better than Cortana or Hey google

tippety toppity kek. Not to mention all my senpai has to UH NUN CI ATE every single word to her.
>>
>>54084154
It's not that different from the iOS SDK. And Android's layout markup is so much more readable than whatever Apple throws at you in hopes that you'll stick to the interface builder.
>>
>>54084725
Fuck off already with this shitposting, just because one would need to root to get a better android experience does not discount it from an iPhone, where you don't need to modify much or anything at all.

Not everything needs to be fucking compared to an iPhone; Android is different, and should be kept that way.

>>54084066
>muh ability to fix things that shouldn't be my responsibility to fix

Why should others give a shit about your opinion? If they want to tinker their Android device, let them, because technology is more than just having a device that just works all the time for shitposting and Facebook.
>>
File: 1384060543675.jpg (63 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1384060543675.jpg
63 KB, 520x638
>>54072063
1) able to swipe through images in a text on default settings, as opposed to opening each then hitting back to message to view the next one.
2) visual voicemail
3) easily setting individual alert tones for apps, not just contacts
4)
5)

In 6 years I've only noticed 3 things I like about iOS over android.
>>
File: 1364845811607.jpg (11 KB, 339x351) Image search: [Google]
1364845811607.jpg
11 KB, 339x351
>>54084519
>after post
>>
>>54084690
>>Saying that it's a better mobile OS because you can't modify anything to get rid of the horrendous toddler user experience apple forces on you
>>
>>54072063
I've used both Android and iOS (iPhone 4, then 5s, and now an s6 edge)

I will say that iOS is more polished. Everything works well, and the phones feel premium. The "muh updates" meme is autism, because I have an iPad gen 4 and iOS 9 runs like shit on it.

Android has the easy customization to it. iOS started to bore me with the same design every single day. With my s6, I can easily change the entire look and font.

To answer your question, there are no real advantages with each Phone OS, just differences that make them unique. Anyone who says one is better over the other has obviously not used iOS and Android for an extended period of their lives.
>>
>>54085040
Fuck off with your rational and well balanced opinion. We're trying to live up to stereotypes here.
>>
>>54084561
Thanks friend, I hope I can find some.
>>
>>54085061
Nobody's saying Android or iOS is superior m8, we're just saying that iOS is insanely closed so it can't be modified much, which makes it a bad choice for technologically inclined people
>>
>>54085174
technologically inclined people should learn how to jailbreak and tweak if it's so important then, there is plenty of modifications available.
>>
>>54085192
>technologically inclined people
>purposely use a gaping backdoor privilege escalation exploit to get root and leave their backdoor open to get raped by russian and chinese hackers

ok
>>
>>54085192
Jailbreaking still doesn't give too many privilèges
Its called closed because the overall scope for tweaking is low
>>
>>54085215
>using "backdoor" as a buzzword
>t-the ruskie and chink boogeyman
See, you aren't one of those technologically inclined people.
>>
>>54075840
>Swipe from the left to return instead of back button
>Only one physical button and no onscreen buttons

the thread is asking for advantages
>>
>>54072063
>not designed and sold by an advertising company
>will not datamine you and sell off your information to the highest bidder
>>
>>54085263
>iPhone

Pick one.
>>
>>54075539
Idk about you boys but verizon has been pushing new updates faster lately (lg is on top of their game anyways) gg
>>
File: Cuck OS.png (267 KB, 673x888) Image search: [Google]
Cuck OS.png
267 KB, 673x888
>>54085311
this desu senpai

Applel does it for free.
>>
>>54085336
We can both play this meme game

>Android

Pick one.
>>
>>54077978
I honestly prefer tinkering if it
/justwerks/
I dont use it

>muh Easy phone durrr
>>
>>54072063
>you will never cum inside anzujaamu
>>
>>54082413
One thing for me is that android doesn't have a non-linear video editor, cute cut on the iphone is actually really good. Really sad when i dumped the ishit and bought a g3. Still waiting for it
>>
>>54085349
Apple warns you about this on first boot and tells you how to turn it off

Anyway no shit that using a service for recommendations based on your queries is going to send your queries to that service. Next you'll tell me that Google knows the content of all my Google search queries
>>
>>54085280
Clearly you never used an iPhone if you think swipe isn't better.
>>
>>54084251
Heres your (you)
>>
>>54085374
Why even live?
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.