[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I have nothing to hide, why should I have something to fear,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: nth.png (13 KB, 1000x350) Image search: [Google]
nth.png
13 KB, 1000x350
If I have nothing to hide, why should I have something to fear, from corporations or the government?

Don't give me that Snowden trash, it's a terrible analogy, if the reason you'd care about free speech with nothing to say is because you want to listen to what other people have to say, then it would translate into caring about privacy because you want to see what other people have to hide which makes absolutely no sense. Putting a quote next to a photo doesn't make it smart.

And don't give me that shit telling me to post SSN, credit card, etc. either. It's completely different in the fact that you aren't providing me with a service in exchange for said information.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO
>US Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy received the fruits of an FBI wire tap on Martin Luther King, Jr. and an electronic listening device targeting a congressman, both of which yielded information of a political nature.

>Groups that were known to be targets of COINTELPRO operations include
>almost all groups protesting the Vietnam War, as well as individual student demonstrators with no group affiliation
>organizations and individuals associated with the women's rights movement

The government doesn't have your interests in mind, it has it's own interests in mind. "I have nothing to hide" does not mean you have nothing to fear. They will FIND something on your if they want to.
>>
>>54063478
>do something by accident
>go to jail

privacy is important, it makes us feel safe
>>
cool story bro
>>
>>54063589
>break the law
>get punished
ok
>>
Regardless of what you do or don't do, "they" dont want you enabling their competition.

Work in despair, replenish yourself with art and consummation when you get home. As long as you don't prevent people from doing those things, or stop doing them yourself, they won't do anything to you.

Just try not to influence other people's opinions.
>>
>>54063478
I have something to hide.
My company data and the data of my clients
My sourcecodes for some good programs that if anyone would have the code, someone would make the program so much more better that nobody would buy my version. This means that I know I am a good programmer but there are guys waaay better than me, adding features I am currently not able or don't see as a must have just because someone wants it.
>>
File: 1451758076556.jpg (355 KB, 1673x431) Image search: [Google]
1451758076556.jpg
355 KB, 1673x431
>>54063478
>>
>>54063478
OP should kill himself as partiotic act for being a degenerated 4chan shitposter.
>>
>>54063795
what the fuck would the federal government wanna do with your "clients"
Literally the most they would do, (which is still highly unlikely, you're not fucking special out of the 200+ million computers that has windows 10) is just snoop around. They're not fucking credit card or social security scammers stealing identities. Imagine if the NSA had the funding to go through millions of terabytes worth of data, millions of servers and computers running windows 10. If you're really scared they'll find your cp it's literally a needle in the haystack chance they'll get you. according to anon, more than 200,000,000 computers are being spied on, so you have a 200,000,000 to the number of employees has chance of getting spied on. I can almost guarantee the NSA has nowhere near enough employees and even less funding.
Don't you people ever reach an age where it almost seems cringy reading your own posts? Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>54063949
>because search filters don't exist
If they can't make use of the amount of information NSA gathers, then what's their excuse for gathering it?
>>
>>54063478
>Don't give me that Snowden trash, it's a terrible analogy, if the reason you'd care about free speech with nothing to say is because you want to listen to what other people have to say, then it would translate into caring about privacy because you want to see what other people have to hide which makes absolutely no sense.

Of course that makes no sense, because what we're advocating is the OPPOSITE of that position.

YOU are the one saying that because YOU don't think YOU have anything to hide, that no one else does either.

>And don't give me that shit telling me to post SSN, credit card, etc. either. It's completely different in the fact that you aren't providing me with a service in exchange for said information.

I could continue to refute you, but that would be providing service to you in the form of that information, so I'mma need your Full Legal Name, SSN, CC, DOB, Residential and/or Postal Address before I continue.
>>
>Of course that makes no sense, because what we're advocating is the OPPOSITE of that position.
and you're using a shitty """analogy""" to do it.
there's a reason no one takes you seriously

>I could continue to refute you, but that would be providing service to you in the form of that information, so I'mma need your Full Legal Name, SSN, CC, DOB, Residential and/or Postal Address before I continue.
Not worth it desu, all that data for one response? good luck finding clients
>>
>>54063478
yet here you are posting as Anonymous
>>
>>54063478
>on an anonymous imageboard
>says he has nothing to hide
Why are you here?
>>
>>54064029
for shitposting
>>
>>54063478
Data is power over you. It all boils down to the question: do you trust corporations/the government to work in your best interest?
Because I don't. History has shown how they're perfectly fine with pulling shady, illegal, unconstitutional shit without a second thought if they think it will benefit them. Giving them even more power to do so than they already have is asinine.
>>
>>54063478
>It's completely different in the fact that you aren't providing me with a service in exchange for said information.
That's it? Ok, post photo of driver's licence with timestamp. I'll PayPal you 20 dollars.
>>
>>54064088
Don't have a license senpai
>>
>>54064088
>>54064095
and i'd be needing a lot more than 20 dollarydoos to post shit on a public forum, especially one like this, that could get me doxed and/or swatted
>>
>>54064109
>and i'd be needing a lot more than 20 dollarydoos to post shit on a public forum, especially one like this, that could get me doxed and/or swatted

So you DO have something to hide, then. Your identity.
>>
>>54064109
>that could get me doxed and/or swatted
So you do value your privacy. And you do understand that data gives others power over you. You just feel special because you decided to associate some arbitrary monetary value to this information about you and now come here to shitpost how you have le nuffin2hyd xD
>>
>>54063478
https://youtu.be/V9_PjdU3Mpo
>>
>>54064120
not if the offer is high enough
>>
>>54063559
An adulter spied on hippie trash and some nigger aggitator, big fucking deal.
>>
File: DrWhoReaction.gif (497 KB, 499x207) Image search: [Google]
DrWhoReaction.gif
497 KB, 499x207
>>54063478
>>
I don't care what you guys think could you send me all of your data on my email address?Pls am not doing anything bad with it.I want names,birth date,CC details anything you can give pls -NIGERIANPRINCE XOXO
>>
>>54064171
Uh huh. But what if I take away your choice to sell your private information by claiming that you have no right to withhold it?

That's essentially what the government is trying to do, and there's nothing to stop them from on-selling your information to private companies.

The only real difference is that you lose the ability to sell that information because you lose being in exclusive posession of it, and of course, the government can afford to sell (or more realistically license) access to mass databases of people's private information cheaper than you're willing to sell yours for.

So effectively, you already agree that you have a right to privacy, you're just willing to waive it for a certain price.

If you lose that right to privacy, you get $0 and they still get your data.

Understand now?
>>
>>54063478
Post your entire search history on your facebook page OP.
>>
File: 1436731018609.jpg (33 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1436731018609.jpg
33 KB, 554x439
>>54063478
>If I have nothing to hide
Post your contact info incl. picture of you to prove your statement or fuck off.
>>
>>54063559
This
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung
And this also.
Do you think it's not happening anymore? On what basis? Since we don't have the transparency to exclude it I'm assuming it's still ongoing.
>>
>>54064454
Then post your facebook name and search history. ** It's only fair
>>
>>54063825
This guy is only using homosexuality as examples, which of course should be outlawed again and made illegal.

Top kekarino that a society "moving on" and "progressing" is simply letting degenerates butt fuck each other.
>>
Full name, address and telephone number please OP.
>>
>>54064120
Sounds to me like you're hiding something.
>>
>>54063478
Would you live in a transparent house as well?
>>
>hey goy the GOV want to make a special lock so they can come inside your house, whenever they want
>but goy we only do this for your protection, it allows us to get into the houses of "bad" persons so we can keep you safe.
>don't worry everyone in the GOV is a "good" person that has your best interests in mind
>trust me goy it isn't like someone in GOV might sell the special key for lots of money, use it in a unjust way themselves, or even possible have the special key stolen from them.
>whats the matter, if you have nothing to hide goy it shouldn't be a problem?
>>
>>54064415
The government really isn't getting any information directly though. It's going through corporations which provide services.

>>54064307
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>54064409
>>54064424
>>54064454
>>54064544
>>54064576
either samefag or /g/ is completely illiterate
>>
>>54063949
>what is xkeyscore
>what are social workers and why are their clients anonymous
Also:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/03/10/surprise-nsa-data-will-soon-routinely-be-used-for-domestic-policing-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-terrorism/
>>
>>54064872
>The government really isn't getting any information directly though. It's going through corporations which provide services.

Well that's not really true. We know, thanks to Snowden, that the government IS getting a lot of information directly, by tapping into and spying on the private networks of those corporations who collect it (with or without your knowledge or consent) for their own purposes.

Which, in turn, means the government is not paying those corporations for the information they're getting from them.

Now if you want to sign up to some Government-run Spy-On-Me program for whatever reason, that's your business.

But plenty of us don't want to, so shilling for the government isn't going to win you any friends or influence anyone around here.

The right to privacy is every bit as important for innocent people (perhaps even more so) than it is for those who are guilty of something. That's why we've got specific provisions in law to underscore exactly that. Eg. Attorney-Client or Doctor-Patient "privileged" (private) information.

And the reasons for that information to remain private are blindly obvious, so I won't even bother explaining those here... But I will say this; legal counsel and healthcare are NOT the only valid, normal, logical and reasonable reasons that people who have done nothing wrong should still have the right to decide if, when and how much of their personal, private information they disclose, and to whom they disclose it to.

In fact, it's pretty easy to argue that the less you've done wrong, the more you have to hide, from people who ARE doing wrong... Identity theft can ruin you.
>>
>>54063478
>And don't give me that shit telling me to post SSN, credit card, etc. either. It's completely different in the fact that you aren't providing me with a service in exchange for said information.
So you agree that your privacy as a monetary value? Given the fact that you wouldn't trade it for free, but you would trade it for a service worth equal monetary value.

What's the monetary value of, say, your SSN? How much would you sell that information for?
>>
Oh look, NSA shills.

Fuck off. Any simple search will prove every fucking spewed pile of shit word you say completely and utterly wrong.

Don't reply to this garbage, /g/.
>>
>>54064563
Even if OP is gay, he ain't buttfucking you but other gay/bi dudes, so why does it bother you ?
>>
>>54065163
Because those faggots cause HIV-infected blood to be donated to hospitals.
>>
>>54065198
>implying
any reputable blood bank will always run tests on any blood donated, multiple times, before it goes anywhere near clean blood
>>
>>54064171
and what does uncle sam offer?
>>
>>54063825
Why are most of his examples about faggots?
>>
>>54065163

It goes against the natural biological order.
>>
>>54065414
it's a 4chan post fucking faggot
>>
>>54064887
All these guys are right though.
>>
>I have nothing to hide
>So you don't think about privacy
It's like you don't think about liberty of speech because you have nothing to say.
>>
>>54066507
It's like you didn't read the OP
>>
>>54063478
Why should non-government entities have access to your private life, OP? I could probably understand the argument for allowing governments to spy on you (although I disagree), but corporations have their own profit in mind.
>>
>>54065476
>homosexuality is a human trait
How did you finish high school? Oh, wait.
>>
>>54063478
OP give me your Facebook and google plus ID

You don't have anything to hide from me
>>
>>54063478
Dickpics. You want the government to have access to that?

There's nothing to hide, as long as you're over 21 years old, nudes of yourself/friends aren't illegal to own. So you want the government to have access to and duplicate every dickpic you've ever sent?

No?
>>
>>54063478
How can you say you have nothing to hide if you have no idea what they are looking for?
>>
>>54067059
>so is pedophilia, necrophilia and a whole host of other mental disorders
>cherry picking

A R B I T R A R Y
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.