[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Linus even know what an operating system is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18
File: ohno.png (416 KB, 529x585) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
416 KB, 529x585
Does Linus even know what an operating system is?
>>
>>54055338
yes
>>
>>54055338
>There are 3 operating systems out there, Windows, Linux and Mac
That's probably his opinion
>>
>>54055382
Goyim OS
Faggot OS
NEET OS
>>
File: linus and the sinus.jpg (116 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
linus and the sinus.jpg
116 KB, 580x386
LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's >>>/biz/.

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to >>>/biz/.
>>
File: 1308586715204.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1308586715204.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.
>>
Regardless of your opinion of him he's a smart guy.
>>
>>54055417
ebin pasta, ubloaded :DDDD
>>
File: 1445385159176.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1445385159176.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>54055417
>linus he can't even score a korean, much less a nip
what a failure
>>
>>54055434
>he's a smart guy
>can't even install Linux, and doesn't even know how to use it
>can't even do some basic programming that eve kids in high-school know and are taught these days
>>
>>54055466
Not to mention all the shit he breaks on a regular basis, sometimes intentionally.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRTmdd9j0
>>
>>54055445
>Buttblusted /v/ kid
>>
>>54055487
There's that video where he fucks up the ssd disk array of a backup server and needs remote assitence.

It was hilarious. I mean wtf are you doing, he would have been fired from any company.
>>
>>54055338

Linux is a kernel.

GNU provides tools that can create a bare bones user-space and, therefore, technically an operating system.

Distros usually provide both and optionally drivers, session and window managers, and further quality-of-life applications (that usually rely on user space dependencies) to create a more complete user space, IE a "modern" operating system.

As much as RMS leans towards pedantry at times, he's right on one thing: Linux is useless without gnu core utils (grep, chmod, rm, ls, cat, echo, [, etc.)
>>
>>54055338
Watch his video about whole room water cooling. It's a complete embarrassment. He has computer water cooling gear for probably over 10000 dollars and his whole team works on the project for a week, yet the quality of the finished product is so low that I'm surprised it even works at all.
>>
>>54055543

Addendum: if you want a first-party UNIX like complete OS, FreeBSD or OSX are your options.
>>
File: 13123154.jpg (27 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
13123154.jpg
27 KB, 367x451
>dumbfuck makes a GPU baking video
>gets blown the fuck out by a board repairman, who actually knows his computers, for the GPU baking idiocy
>pulls down his own video
>goes to suck the board repairman's ass for Internet rep among the tech literates
>ends up looking even more of a cuck

What a fucking laughingstock.
>>
Where did he get his success from?
>>
>>54055536
Link?
>>
>>54055583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrnXgAmK8k
>>
He thinks he knows, the most hes done with a unix like is probably install noobuntu in a vm from a youtube tutorial from a pajeet.
>>
>>54055579
>success
His fame success? From 13 year olds since you can see in one of his "meetup" videos that all his fans are still on their mother's teets.
I'd like to call him the Pewdiepie of tech, but that Pewdiepie faggot actually has some brain in his head and is a richfag.
>>
>>54055583
It is rather mindblowing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrnXgAmK8k
>>
>>54055627
4:00

"They can SSH into it and fix it with custom tools"
>windows
>>
he is a confirmed homosexual, right?
>>
>>54055725
> I didn't watch the video
>>
>>54055739
He has a wife, and has a baby albeit it's pretty assured that the baby comes from another man.
However the way he was sucking up to Louis Rossman does show some serious homosexual tendencies.
>>
>>54055725
I don't really understand what Linus expected. I mean
>Server with high workload
>24 SSDs in RAID5
>No redundancy
>No backup

More money than sense
>>
>>54055774

>raising another mans child

literally the most cuck thing you can do
>>
>>54055774
He's got 2 kids, the other one being like 1 year old.
Is that a cuck-kid too?
>>
>>54055850
Probably yes.
>>
>>54055338
TIL that Linus is 30 (same age as me) and also not gay. Who would of knew?
>>
>>54055417
love that copy pasta err time

I am totally unbiased here and couldn't care less for Linus, but what's so special about Canucks? Does the guy making all videos have tech background? Is tech background really important in doing work like this? Many ppl I know that know a lot about computers do not come from tech background, and those who do tend to stick to 1 segment of IT (usually linked to their profession).
>>
>>54055417
why does his wife look so fucking weird?
>>
>>54056020
She's asian.
>>
>>54055417
You sound mad. Did Linus touch you? It's ok, you can tell us.
>>
>>54056003
Canucks have great and detailed overview of the shit they record. That's about it.

As far as tech background goes. You don't get to decide whether HDDs and SSDs can replace each-other, or whether any device is outdated, before you have gained the mental capacity to read academic papers for each device to understand magnetic dissipation, why thety differ, how they differ, and what each device is good for.
Linus does tend to make uninformed, uneducated, idiotic judgments that are pretty much misinformation. The problem isn't that he makes them, but that he makes them to such large audiences.
For once though, he did take responsibility for his idiocy by taking down that GPU baking vid.
All in all, an idiot who doesn't know anything about the technology he is discussing, yet acts as if he does, is not only arrogant but also dangerous in some cases.
>>
Wasnt this guy originally a marketer from NCIX who branched off?
>>
>>54056546
He was a box pusher at NCIX when they had the idea to start making YouTube videos, back then tech channels weren't really a thing, so they basically just gave him the go-ahead to tear open some boxes of the stuff they had in the warehouse that seemed interesting and go from there. The only way to reliable get review samples back then was if you actually worked for a big retailer.
>>
>>54055790
>Money

he gets most shit for free
>>
>>54056290
>You don't get to decide whether HDDs and SSDs can replace each-other, or whether any device is outdated, before you have gained the mental capacity to read academic papers for each device to understand magnetic dissipation, why thety differ, how they differ, and what each device is good for.

>you need a phd to decide whether you need a hdd or ssd in your next rig

lmao @ u
>>
>>54055577
What happen?
>>
>>54056623
>>you need a phd to decide whether you need a hdd or ssd in your next rig
No, you need just high-school education for the nomenclature and basic understanding on basic physics,
and a year of Uni or at least a physics book that you can download anywhere on the Internet.

Linus doesn't have even high-school level physics education to understand anything in academic papers.

Are you too retarded to comprehend this?
>>
>>54055338
>Does Linus even know what an operating system is?
Oh, yes. Definitely. Do you?
>>
>>54056664
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5067/understanding-tlc-nand

>you need to read academic papers to understand how nand works
>>
File: vga.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1720) Image search: [Google]
vga.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1720
>>54056704
Dis is operating system right?
>>
>>54056729
For you
>>
File: pls go.jpg (137 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
pls go.jpg
137 KB, 717x880
>>54056061
>>
>>54055577
>pulls down his own video
Wow, you sure are an idiot. How would that make him money? Yes, the video is still up.
>>
>>54056721
>you don't need to read academic papers to understand at what rate and under which conditions magnetic particles on HDDs lose their magnetic properties
>you don't need to read academic papers to understand how long the charges can last in the continual off state

Said nobody ever. Also the article you posted doesn't cover the aforementioned. Also, the article you posted is beyond Linus's mental capacity to understand in its own right.
>>
>>54056801
have you done either?
>>
>>54056613
Fair enough, more expensive shit than sense.
>>
>>54055543
Those utilities are easy to write and there are countless alternatives. Furthermore, most shells implement their own versions, as GNUs are rather bloated.
>>
>>54056878
I have read a few good academic papers that were posted on /g/ by an actual anonfag who supports his statements with sources. That was like 2 months ago in an HDD vs SSD thread. So yes.

As far as who is obligated to read this shit, i am not. But Linus is given his job is that of a shill and should entail personal investment in actually researching the shit he farts out his mouth on the Internet.

This also includes understanding basic termodynamics in order to understand that various GPU components have varying thermic properties, which end up in the already low success rate of 50-50 to be reduced heavily a week or two after seemingly good operation of the GPU after baking. Ends up in destroying a whole GPU that could have had a simple $30 worth of repair service problem.
A fact you can confirm by mailing any of the YouTube people who have made baking videos too.
>>
File: 1455338577211.jpg (15 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1455338577211.jpg
15 KB, 395x395
>>54055417
sometimes I just want to have the labels read to me by a gay twink, why are you so bootyblasted?
>>
>>54056986
>This also includes understanding basic termodynamics in order to understand that various GPU components have varying thermic properties, which end up in the already low success rate of 50-50 to be reduced heavily a week or two after seemingly good operation of the GPU after baking. Ends up in destroying a whole GPU that could have had a simple $30 worth of repair service problem.

What the fuck are you even trying to say

Something to do with Louis Rosmann and reflow?
>>
>>54056290
Ok as I said, being unbiased and not very techy, I can agree with most of what you said.

but looking at the a dozen similar tech channels, many of them are run by people like Linus, they don't have millions of subs, but are still pretty successful. Does jayz2cents (or whatever his name is) have tech background? Maybe, but he doesn't seem like he does. And he looks as someone who is 100% in it for the money (he even pimps his little kid to do reviews of some kid toys or whatever).

Is Miley Cyrus a good singer, artist, isn't her degeneracy far more dangerous and misleading than Linus'?

My point is, let the market decide. If Linus will make 100k people buy some stupid shit and they regret it, but still continue to listen to him and follow him, it is his problem or their?
>>
>>54057059
Where does this image originate from? Specifically the fucked up kid in the pic.
>>
>>54057149
>jayz2cents
He does last i remember.
That tech black guy has actual tech credentials and physics education, which is why you won't hear him talk stupid shit.

>s Miley Cyrus a good singer, artist, isn't her degeneracy far more dangerous and misleading than Linus'?
One is a singer and that's about it, the other is a marketer who acts like he is a valid judge on technology.
One is in a cultural artistic field of service, and whether she is degenerate is irrelevant.
The other one is in a tech field, where it isn't irrelevant whether stupid shit comes out of his mouth or not.
This isn't even about whether people waste their money, but whether they are being fed incorrect information about technology and are being given shit tips on technology (not solely related to buying things).
>>
File: ok wut.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ok wut.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>54055417
>The only way to know things is to go to college.
>>
>>54057313
>That tech black guy has actual tech credentials and physics education, which is why you won't hear him talk stupid shit.
Who?
>>
>>54057337
>or have some basic tech courses, or pick up a book, or have basic high-school education, or have a valid tech-job that doesn't require college but still gives experience, like repairing shit
If find it interesting that the sole thing you are focusing on is college even though it isn't the only stated source of tech education.
Speaks a lot about you anon. Are you triggered by colleges because of some personal failure?
>>
File: jojo.jpg (913 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
913 KB, 1920x1080
>>54057370
Seems like you're triggered since you typed a whole paragraph
>>
>>54057346
Marques Brownlee
>>
>>54057370
and yet despite his lack of qualifications he's built a business out of it
>>
>>54057396
He's built a business out of marketing, not tech.
His business is also pretty constantly on the borderline, and he has no pension prospects out of it.
>>
File: 1433569306997.jpg (190 KB, 1070x898) Image search: [Google]
1433569306997.jpg
190 KB, 1070x898
>>54057391
>He majored in business and information technology.
>"Business and information technology"

>actual tech credentials and physics education
>actual tech credentials
>physics education

Holy shit anon.
>>
>>54057412
at what point did I say he built a tech company?

you need to accept and move on about the fact he's built a media company

linus tech tips is the tech equivalent of top gear: it's just entertainment that isn't supposed to be taken seriously
>>
>>54055338
didn't he invent Linux?
>>
>>54057451
He also has PEP124 at Stevens Institute. Holy shit anon, you are too stupid at reading.

>>54057472
>linus tech tips is the tech equivalent of top gear
Top Gear is entertainment.
LinusShillTips is marketing. He depends on sponsorship begging and marketing shameful shit like Razer gaymer shit.
>>
>>54057451
He reads spec sheets for phones. Of course he knows physics.
>>
>>54057451
This dumb image made me switch major 4 times.
>>
Does anyone here know what an OS is?

>Linux is an OS in itself as defined by tanenbaum
>No, GNU with linux is an OS in itself as defined by POSIX... and stallman.
>No, linux with systemd and gnome is an OS in itself as defined by REDHAT
>>
>>54055627
>i'm gonna broadcast this embarassing failure
and this guy wants to teach people shit?
>>
>>54057412
I hear people often saying he doesn't make much profits out of it, but where do people get their info?

Seeing who he "fixed" his new offices I can only conclude he is one pretty unorganized person and I think he lacks managerial skills. He's more of a showman and he does that part pretty well, especially considering his audience is mostly under 18 (or am I wrong).

So, where do you get his financial data? What's the breakdown of his revenues? Any solid info?
>>
>>54057451
>law, pharma, life sciences, medicine, any non-engineering hard science being anything but shit tier
>>
>>54057539
There is no fully accepted definition, so no one knows what an OS is.
>>
>>54057511
>PEP124 & MA119
>babby tier physics and math

Am I supposed to be impressed or some shit?
>>
File: 1457059094979.jpg (10 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
1457059094979.jpg
10 KB, 480x468
>>54055417
chose this type of asian to make his wife

D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>54057546
Lonesome YouTubers have good profits from views.
Linus is managing a team. His profits are fucked enough that he had to get his wife to abandon a good job to do book-keeping for him (he can't afford to pay a financial manager).
>>
>>54056664
you sound euphoric as fuck

nobody has the time to get into the thick of things scientifically, that's what spec is for

unless THAT'S literally your job, but you sure as fuck don't need to understand the mechanical function of a HDD to purchase and deploy one
>>
>>54057592
Yes, considering Linus doesn't even have that, while even that nig got himself some cred.
>>
File: wendell.png (945 KB, 599x885) Image search: [Google]
wendell.png
945 KB, 599x885
>>54057624
>meanwhile
>actual cs/physics grad
>also does tech videos on youtube
>>
>>54057609
>unless THAT'S literally your job, but you sure as fuck don't need to understand the mechanical function of a HDD to purchase and deploy one
No.
But you do need to understand the physics behind both HDDs and SSDs before you decide to spout online that SSDs are a replacement for HDDs, when both have their functions unrelated to memory size, cost, and even speed.
>>
>>54057649
>HDD
>slower
>cheaper
>higher capacity

>SSD
>faster
>more expensive
>lower capacity

Wow maybe I should write a paper on this...
>>
>>54057633
I like Wendell but he really needs to plot out his videos because the dude rambles like no other

>>54057649
What actually matters is for the technology to have a solid run of multiple years

>>54057673
This is exactly the kind of shit he's warning us about though, under-analyzing the issue and speaking from a position of ignorance
>>
>>54057451
down to low tier I don't really bat an eye, I know those people are probably productive (the ones that graduate at the very least) but honestly I just find it hard to respect the decision someone takes to study music or english. Music theory is cool but most of the time it's people who don't care about music theory anyway, and jesus how can you seriously pay money to study english when you can read FOR FREE holy shit.
>>
>>54057673
How is any of what you said relevant to the discussion?
Also the things you listed aren't static, SSDs will get less expensive with more memory quantity soon, and even then they won't be a replacement for HDD due to a differentiation in vulnerabilities and data dissipation being the dividing factor for their individual use implementation.
>>
>>54057084
Not the anon you replied to but I think what he's trying to say is that Linus doesn't know what he's talking about. And this is true to some extent. There are quite a few videos where Linus ignorance has been blatantly obvious, such as the video where the server crashes since he doesn't know how to configure a raid server, the video where he tries to water cool a whole room and fails miserably, when he tries to increase wifi speed at his girlfriend's parents house, the whole scrapyard wars series. I enjoy watching Linus' videos, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if Linus read a few books or took a few classes to learn stuff that isn't just memorized buzzwords and numbers that you read on the back of the motherboard package.
>>
>>54057696
>This is exactly the kind of shit he's warning us about though, under-analyzing the issue and speaking from a position of ignorance

Alright, let me get my fucking degree in magnets so I can "properly analyse and read papers on HDDs" in order to make a simple purchase

>>54057716
thank god I'm not leaving my ssds unpowered in a hot room then

>>54057724
like I said, linus = top gear of tech
>>
>>54057451
>study rocket surgery at princeton IAS secret campus in Los Alamos
>not listed
>implying my MD in rocket surgery is shit tier
>>
File: 1460499152088.jpg (17 KB, 223x223) Image search: [Google]
1460499152088.jpg
17 KB, 223x223
>>54055338
hes stiill unboxing cards n shieet?
followed like 6 yers ago
>>
>>54057734
>like I said, linus = top gear of tech
Except the formats are completely different. The presenters in Top Gear aren't considered to be authorities on the subject, and aren't really trying to educate the viewers, which is the whole point of Linus Tech Tips. Further, Top Gear has lots of expert, automotive engineers, market analysts, professional drivers etc that work with the production of the show.
>>
>>54055338
I think the question is does anyone else?
>>
>>54057886
since when did people consider linus to be an authoritative tech reviewer?
>>
>>54057886
It's also actually good
>>
>>54057451
How is economics low tier, when the whole curriculum is just maths & statistics (at least at my university)
>>
>>54055774
Plenty of homos have wives, it's called a beard.
>>
>>54057910
>since when did people consider linus to be an authoritative tech reviewer?
Since Linus acts like it and his fanbase is mostly 13 year olds.
Which is reason enough to report these threads since Linus is the equivalent of cancer threads on /g/.
>>
>tfw used to enjoy watching linus when he worked for NCIX
What happened /g/?
>>
>>54057556
>medicine
>shit tier
Wew lad. Lifetime job security, profession always in demand, excellent salary. Top kek.
>>
Anyone else like watching those stupid tech quickie videos just to see how wrong he gets it? And that gayboy Luke gets it even more wrong than Linus does.
>>
>>54055338
Let's see... Linus wrote Linux. That's an OS.
>>
>>54056941
Hold the phone. I haven't researched this but isn't the GNU userland one of the most efficient in its kind?

I always assumed it was since it has been continually improved since the 1980s, unlike let's say Windows.
>>
File: hey_girl.gif (984 KB, 350x181) Image search: [Google]
hey_girl.gif
984 KB, 350x181
>>54058106
you grew up
>>
>>54060314
Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean that it's actually functioning correctly.

ex. http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~sasha/papers/eurosys16-final29.pdf (not GNU but gets the point across well)
>>
>>54060452

The paper you posted is about the kernel. Still interesting and proves your point.

You'd think the userland and especially the GNU coreutils have been properly optimized though. Not that it would be as important as kernel code optimization. The userland source seems more accessible to more programmers to me than kernel code does.
>>
File: based wendel.jpg (16 KB, 382x228) Image search: [Google]
based wendel.jpg
16 KB, 382x228
>>54057633
checked
>>
I stick to PCPer for actual tech content. I have no idea Shrout's actual background but he does a good job and admits he doesn't know His shit. Allyn definitely does.

Anyway i still watch ltt for teh lulz. I mean itd be retarded to look at it for like a cpu review or even overview, but shit cellphone reviews are fine since nobody cares about the nitty gritty there. And stuff like scrapyard wars. 7 gamers 1 pc and whole room watercooling are unique videos you can't find on all the other cookie cutter tech channels.

Also
>CS degree
Are you fucking retarded? It's not a coding channel. CS has nothing to do with hardware and some of the most retarded people when it comes to pc hardware are cs grads.
>>
>>54057286
It was a fail attempt of a kid "holding" giza pyramid
>>
>>54057633
>watching a tech channels for College marxists.
I'd rather not...
>>
>>54055417
>He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
Welp, he did work at NCIX, though.

Also, nice copypasta anon. nice copypasta.
>>
>>54055612
>>54055627
>copying to a remote server
>server goes down
>"our computers all freeze"
sadly I believe this. From what I've seen with Windows Server 2012 R2 Microsoft's rewrite of their file copy has created some really fucked up issues.

For instance, if your network is busy and there's a delay writing to the destination your CPU on the source computer will spike to >90%
>>
Faggot /g/ shills would literally cut off their penis for a chance at having a job like Linus.

jelly much
>>
>I tried a different power supply
>a better power supply
>for his SAN
>it's a consumer grade PSU
what the fuck
>>
>>54057556
Fuck off back to sci and never see a doctor or take a medicine again.

In fact never touch a car or computer or any electronic afain since chemistry is shit tier lmao.
>>
>>54057384
I'm not the guy you replied to buy you seem pretty triggered the moment he mentioned higher education which probably means you don't have one.
>>
>none of our data will be coming back if we lost three drives from one of the RAID5s
>but I thought we had three arrays...
>none of it
what the fuck did he do to make is arrays dependent on each other?
>>
>>54061132
>I went to the school of life bro
>>
>>54057716
and people still use punch cards for long term storage. What's your point, faggot?
>>
>he used software RAID
>>
>>54058273
that's because Luke is a college drop-out which is now their "head of technology".

They are basically just a bunch of fucking marketers.
>>
I lost all respect for them when they posted the video that made it painfully obvious all of his employees other than Luke have no idea how to even build a desktop
>>
>>54061134
he's retarded. He probably doesn't even know what the fucking RAID numbers mean.

idiot probably put them all in raid 0.
>>
>>54061256
>Camerman and editor can't build a PC
OH NO THE HORRORS.
Are you retarded? My mom can't do it either.
>>
>>54056664
You absolutely do not cover magnetic dissipation in highschool physics.
>>
>>54061134
>Put three raid cards
>put each in raid 5
>use mobo to raid 5 those raid cards
>????
>profit.
>>
>>54061303
I work at a tech company. 100% of our programmers can build a computer. If you can create a lego set, you can make a PC. Keep in mind one of the people who couldn't build a PC was doing product reviews.
>>
>>54061325
Can your accountants? What about the legal team?
I'm not saying it isn't fucking easy, i'm just saying it isn't somethin intrinsic everyone automatically knows or needs to know.
>one of them reviews tech.
Not pc parts though...
>>
>>54061358
>Not pc parts though...
The Asian kid was reviewing hardware

>Can your accountants? What about the legal team?
No. Then again my company isn't a tech startup with a grand total of 10 employees.
>>
>>54061325
Building with legos is harder than it is to build a PC

I mean, in a PC build there's only so many places you can put things and shit, whereas on a lego build you can go wild.
>>
>>54061396
fair point
>>
>>54061375
It's not a tech startup.. It's video entertainment.
Also no "asian kid" reviewed any hardware. Linus reads the product overview then luke benchmarks (using fraps for gpu lol) the one guy reviews camera gear but seems to actually no his shit. Not computer parts either so no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>54055338
Nope. Not sure why any of you autists even watch his shit.
>>
>>54061414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEiqucL_xVI

In fairness, they appear to have realized this guy is an idiot since I don't see him in any of their newer videos
>>
>>54057451
>psychology above history
>astronomy above law
>biology above economics
>finance not listed
terribad b8. is this really what stem shitters tell themselves about how important they are?
>>
>>54061434
Are you fucking retarded? It's a mouse... Not hardware. The fuck's that gotta do with building a tower? He talks about censors and stuff which is memetech anyway.
>>
>>54061465
>a mouse isn't hardware
>>
>>54061465
>mouse isn't hardware
>censors instead of sensors
>vigorously defending Linus
4chan is 18+. Go back to his forums and good luck in middle school.
>>
>>54055417
This.

Saved, thanks for this epic pasta.
>>
>>54061467
No, it's a peripheral...
Explain to me how knowledge about GPUs, ram, motherboard, cpus,storage, or anything of that nature would help him review a mouse?
>>
>>54061496
If you don't even understand how a computer is put together on a basic level why on earth should I trust you on successfully reviewing a piece of computer hardware?

>peripheral
>not hardware
well it's certainly not software now is it?
>>
>>54061487
Im not defending linus, the content is to be taken lightly for entertainment only. My point is its retarded to assume you need to know about building a tower to review a PERIPHERAL such as a mouse,printer, keyboard, speakers, or a microphone..?
>>
>>54061523
please explain why, for instance, a soundcard is hardware but a printer is not
>>
>>54061517
Because the two are not related... My bad doesn't know the first thing about computer hardware, but as an enthusiast "photographer" he probably knows a lot more about dslrs and shit then I do. Besides a mouse is really subjective anyway. As i said sensors are mostly memetech. 99% of the reason to buy a mouse is if it's comfy in your hand and has buttons you like.
>>
>>54061517
Mouse and peripheral reviews are largely subjective and have very little objective capacity for review besides sensor quality and what switches are in the keyboard.

Actual computer hardware has no subjectivity besides how much fan noise is tolerable.
>>
>>54061548
>USB bus
>somehow not hardware

>PCI bus
>hardware
>>
>>54061545
It is hardware in the literal sense. But when you say computer hardware you are speaking about computer components. He even said before his qualifier was being able to build a PC. But mice are never part of "building" a pc. It's even a seperate category on most retailers.
>>
>>54061572
Usb bus is hardware. But is he talking about a fucking usb BUS?
>>
>>54061572
>reaching for USB bus example

Even in this case it's going to be mostly subjective regarding how big it is and how long the cable is. The only objective measurement is the speed of the bus.

PCI bus is 100% objective because there is nothing but the speed.

Also note that I didn't say that peripherals aren't hardware. I only said that there is very little to review for peripherals in comparison to computer internals.
>>
>>54061546
*dad
Fucking clover and autocorrect.
>>
>>54061548
>Mouse and peripheral reviews are largely subjective

Get out.
>>
>>54061322
>use mobo to raid 5 those raid 5 cards
But why
>>
>>54061244
I'd still let him penetrate me
>>
>>54056643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shn7LdIrViQ
>>
File: 1443437639792.jpg (115 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1443437639792.jpg
115 KB, 1152x864
>>54055417
look at those dark beady eyes

his wife looks like an ayylmao ayyyy
>>
>>54055417
pretty accurate.
got really bored weeks ago, started watching his vids, ignoring his faggot gay ass face and voice.

after a few minutes it became clear.
he does not have a single fucking clue about anything.

he literally gets the hardware, plugs them together, runs a benchmark, and calls it a day.

he is a great showman, but he does not know shit.
>>
>>54055445
lel spotted the pewdiepie subscriber
>>
>>54055790
He had 4 arrays.
4 RAID0 arrays.

Then the RAID0 arrays got RAIDed again, in RAID5.

So yeah.
He is a fucking retard.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.