[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever backed a Kikestarter project?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34
Have you ever backed a Kikestarter project?
>>
Yeah Project Eternity.

Still haven't played it.
>>
I backed a weeb game called omori back in 2014 and they've been very quiet for the last 2 years.
A lot of the backers tried reporting it to kickstarter and only after people started rebelling, did the creators make several frantic status updates.
It's "currently slated for winter 2016".
Fucking fags. I want my $15 back.
>>
>>54054267
yes
and now i back its pateron
>>
Both pebble watches, standard black original pebble, and the pebble time steel.

happy with both purchases, nothing wrong with either.
>>
Five and I regret them. So much of it is shit quality money grabs.
>>
Godus

Fuck you peter molyneux. Why did you stop making great god games?
>>
>>54054267
Yes, a couple of things from MachineEra.
>>
File: 1364096089459.png (94 KB, 192x187) Image search: [Google]
1364096089459.png
94 KB, 192x187
Nope, because I'm not a dumbass.

I have also never:
>Bought any early access games on Steam
>Pre-ordered a game/movie

It baffles me how people keep falling for this shit and constantly find themselves disappointed. Stop giving money to people who aren't immediately giving you something in return, it isn't difficult.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (48 KB, 367x506) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
48 KB, 367x506
>>54057368
>paying for a product you know doesn't exist yet
>calls it a money grab

give mommy's credit card back to her kid
>>
>>54057599
I've preordered games and not been disappointed.
That could be because I don't join in the massive hypefests that people who do get disappointed have been drawn in to.
>>
backed The Big Book of Jerkcity reprint. got it in the mail a few months later

got a C.H.I.P. coming in may
>>
I backed the iControlPad 2 and they hit a goal stretch to add backlighting.

They underestimated how much they had to redesign the unit to fit LEDs, the translucent material was more expensive than anticipated, etc and it failed. Only got 2/3 of my money back and one of the developers quit the project and sold his house to give back money.
>>
>>54054267
Pebble.

Died after 2 years though, still pretty satisfied with it. Just wish it lasted longer.
>>
>>54054267
>kekstarters
hell no
>>
Little Witch Academia 2.
>>
File: 1252347149350.jpg (16 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1252347149350.jpg
16 KB, 512x384
C&H's Joking Hazard.
>>
>>54057049
a page every 3 months. There are artists who produce 5 pages a week and have no patreon.
>>
Yes

Divinity: Original Sin

You're welcome.
>>
>>54054267
no. Might preorder a GPD-Win through their indoegogo. $300 instead of $500 so meh.
>>
>>54058775
I didn't back it, but I enjoyed the game.
>>
>>54054267
>kikesharter
Absolutely not, anybody that actually contributes to one of these scam artists is deserving of getting ripped the fuck off.
>>
File: 4655867965597665969.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
4655867965597665969.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>54058775
>>
>>54054267
Yeah, snooperscope. The quality was far below what was promised.
>>
File: tumblr_na9k8jl7rF1qcbajko1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na9k8jl7rF1qcbajko1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x571
>>54058770
he does 2 pages a month now

>not having a self-made (by necessity) cybernetic waifu
>>
No.
Kickstarter is a service where you donate to a private company. With no legal guarantee of any return.
I mean, if you were donating to a legally recognised non profit? Great.
Donating to a company that's making a free software project? Fair enough.
But donating to a company that's making a for sale product? Why the fuck?

It's like investing, but for cucks who don't want a return.

It's not all bad though, I guess. I got an ouya for $2 and it was pretty nifty for the price I guess.
>>
>>54058813
What is that contraption?
>>
>>54059212
It's to de-jew his cock
>>
>>54059239
does it work?
>>
>>54058775
shit game to be honest
>>
>>54059069
>It's like investing, but for cucks
I'm going to use this slogan to describe kickstarter from now on. Thanks
>>
File: JKgBEHM.png (19 KB, 319x462) Image search: [Google]
JKgBEHM.png
19 KB, 319x462
damn it's been a long time. forgot this even existed. only other thing, that Lima thing, was pretty crappy.
>>
Project Lightsail
>Still haven't received my phone case yet
>>
File: yumm.jpg (109 KB, 1057x792) Image search: [Google]
yumm.jpg
109 KB, 1057x792
>>54058823
Terrible taste baka
>>
File: Laibach_American_tour_1-560x803.jpg (114 KB, 560x803) Image search: [Google]
Laibach_American_tour_1-560x803.jpg
114 KB, 560x803
I was going to, sadly i couldnt. Pic related
>>
>>54054267
>blender motor strike

you cant make that shit up, fucking hilarious

anyone who has given a single penny to kickstarter is dumb as fuck
>>
>>54059003
>two pages a month
How much does he get per month/page?
>>
File: uL2wgyL.png (547 KB, 647x600) Image search: [Google]
uL2wgyL.png
547 KB, 647x600
>>54060539
https://www.patreon.com/dresdencodak?ty=h
$4.7k per month

--GOAL--
$4,500 – reached!
per month
A guaranteed Dresden Codak comic every other week!

they are big pages
>>
I can't remember if it was kickstarter or indiegogo or some other service but -

I pitched some money to help George Clinton either improve his studio or get back the rights to some songs or something. It's been so long that I don't remember.

The perk I was going for was a signed copy of his then-latest album, which I did receive. Then he inexplicably sent me a second signed copy a couple months later. Odd, but no reason to complain.
>>
>>54054267
>Shadowrun: Returns
>Drift Stage
>The Contender card game
>Solar Sail

Those are the ones that I remember at least.
Out of the four only DS has disappointed me and even that just for missing it's first deadlines. Then again, it was just for 10$ so I don't really give that much of a shit.
>>
>>54054267
I'm very selective about what I back.

so far I've backed two projects.

Distance, since they made nitronic rush, they had alpha footage, and have shown they can make a half decent game.

Iron Sky 2, since they proved they could make a movie the first time, so I could safely put faith in them.
>>
I think it was indiegogo but I got some swedish computer culture magazine, looks pretty cool
>>
I backed the Ubuntu Edge back in 2013
>>
No, and I never will.
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 1242x2208
Only once, from a verified source that has made many of these before
21st Century Tank girl son!
>>
>>54054267
>Paying for promises
Ahahaha fucking retards
>>
>>54054267
Miito kettle
>>
I've backed Wasteland 2 and Broken Age and I regret it every day.
>>
>>54063564
>>
>>54057479
Why would you trust this man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhzb9OUWrXU
>>
A bar that has since opened.

Haven't gone yet
>>
>>54060465
>>you cant make that shit up, fucking hilarious
You actually can.
Strikes in china? Kek. If someone strikes in china you replace them.
A more likely story is that the chinks made up a story about a strike to increase prices.
>>
>>54066197
There are strikes literally every day in China. You can't simply click your heels and replace workers, you have to train the new ones, weed out the shit, that costs money. More money than would cost to deal with the strikers, most of the time.
>>
>>54066288
Oh I'm sure there are. It takes all of a day to train new workers.
>>
File: laughinggirls02.jpg (105 KB, 358x477) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls02.jpg
105 KB, 358x477
>>54066304
>It takes all of a day to train new workers.
>>
File: tile111.jpg (101 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
tile111.jpg
101 KB, 660x398
>>54054267
Tile

I don't know if it's because of Galaxy S6's terrible memory management or it's the application itself but whenever I need to find the tile after days of not using the app even with the service up, when I open the app it says it was last found from hours to days, probably depending on how long I've had the device on for without powering off.

I need to reset my device and then launch the application again for it to find my tile. After that it finds it, so in the end it does work, just not as intended.

I haven't been able to test it on other devices other than my GS6, but I'm changing my phone in a few months so we'll see if it was the phone itself that causes this issue
>>
>>54066324
Chink factories aren't anything like western factories. Chink factories rely on assembly lines of people rather than of machines. You just need to teach the worker to do one specific task and pass it onto the next person.
You don't need to teach them how to operate machinery.
>>
>>54066346
You're still wrong.
>>
>>54066358
Trusting the chinks is more wrong.
They'll use ANYTHING to try and increase prices on you. They have no shame, or human rights. Strikes? Just shoot them you dumb chinks.

Not that I advocate shooting strikers but the truth about china is that they really don't care. They would shoot strikers to get them to work, no problems about it.
Thing is that saying to your dumb western client "Oh there's a strike here, you're going to have to pay more" is a good way to wring more money out of them.
>>
>>54066377
Except the strikers don't get shot.
>>
>>54066387
Because they aren't striking.
>>
>>54066392
Apart from the thousands of strikes per year, you're right!
>>
>>54066402
But there aren't any people being shot so there aren't any strikes.
More like; thousands of westerners tricked into paying more by spreading news of 'strikes'
>>
File: grasping-at-straws.jpg (555 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
grasping-at-straws.jpg
555 KB, 640x870
>>54066407
>>
>>54066426
>I've ran out of arguments
And so we reach endgame. Enjoy paying more for things because Chingchong says there's a strike
>>
>>54057599
This. I hate paying for unfinished things.
I have pre-ordered games, but only once in a blue moon and usually a week before release.
My last pre-order was Dark Souls 3, I can't even remember what was before that.
>>
>>54066440
>I've ran out of arguments
More along the lines of, "I'm not going to feed this troll anymore."
>>
yes i have
i backed the skies of fire kickstarter. and i did it again for issue #3

desu though, in general the prodcuts on kickstarter are way over priced, especially since there is no return for your investment.
>>
>>54054267
Never ever. It's not gonna happen
>>
The only thing I've backed is the C.H.I.P and I'm not terribly disappointed, I don't HAVE it yet even though I backed it yonks since but preliminary reports of the device are sounding good and the company haven't fucked anything up, which is surprising because they all look like a bunch of fedora wearing starbucks drinking twats.

Looking forward to mine arriving, it's going to be the computer in my toolshed which monitors a CCTV as well as playing music.
>>
>>54054267
Never, I am not dumb.
>>
>>54066522
>the products on Kickstart are way overpriced

People forget that it's supposed to be a donation platform for projects you like. I donated something like a hundred bucks to Light Sail because I just thought it was a cool idea and wanted to see it happen, I wasn't expecting $100+ worth of material goods in return.
>>
>>54067003
>People forget that it's supposed to be a donation platform for projects you like. I donated something like a hundred bucks to Light Sail because I just thought it was a cool idea and wanted to see it happen, I wasn't expecting $100+ worth of material goods in return.
bulshit
it's a platform to kickstart projects that otherwise might not get funding, because of veryspecific target group or other things
it's an investment system and you should either get your money back over time or get products around the value that you pledged for

if you donated for some shitty art exhibition then that's obviously something different than supporting a company to produce a very specific product
>>
Only things I preorder are products that I like in their state when I hit purchase. Otherwise you're banking on false promises and marketing, which is stupid.
>>
backing a kickstarter is not a pre-order it's a donation
>>
>>54067043
>it's an investment system and you should either get your money back over time or get products around the value that you pledged for

That is absolutely not what it is.
>>
>>54054267
No, why would I?
>>
>>54057599
nigger our entire economy is based on what you are advising against
>>
>>54068160
>he hasn't pre-ordered Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda, or got the ultimate edition for Battlefront

hah-har, poor people
>>
>>54057049
>tumblr
>>
File: HongKongSplash.jpg (277 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HongKongSplash.jpg
277 KB, 1024x768
Yeah. I trusted the devs because their previous project was phenomenal and was a kickstarter as well.

I thought it turned out pretty good and I don't regret it. I think I overall enjoyed Dragonfall more, though.
>>
I backed for a cool looking belt on Kickstarter

It took 18 months to arrive when they said it would take at maximum 2 months.

Never backing anything on there again.
>>
>>54068583
thanks for donating to that, didn't realize that was a kickstarter project, i like that game
>>
>>54069407
I gave them a good amount of money because I really wanted to support them as a studio. I think a lot of other people did too, so SR:HK got a massive budget of over a million dollars, resulting it it being polished as fuck. I think that the side missions and stuff were better than ever.

My main problem with it though is that HBS sucks ass at starting stories. They start off all three games by introducing you to some random characters, then killing them and assuming that for some reason you as a player have emotional attachment to them, even though you just met them and don't care about them yet, and then base the whole rest of the story around characters you as a player have no emotional attachment to. In Returns it was Sam, in Dragonfall it was Monica, and in HK it was Raymond. It just feels like such a contrived way to drive the plot of a story along. Other than that huge flaw, I feel like the writing is phenomenal, though.

Also, I gotta say, but Glory was the best character of all three games, hands down.
>>
>>54069527
killing off an "apparently important, but you aren't familiar enough with to care about" character is pretty common in mystery stories, where the point isn't about making the reader sad that the character died, but sad for the others from their reaction to it

now that said, i haven't gotten far in the game yet, been distracted by other things, so maybe this isn't what they do. no spoilers if you could
>>
>>54069737
>no spoilers if you could
Alright

>killing off an "apparently important, but you aren't familiar enough with to care about" character is pretty common in mystery stories, where the point isn't about making the reader sad that the character died, but sad for the others from their reaction to it
My point is not that it's a bad way to start a story necessarily, it just reeks of bad writing if that's the ONLY way you know how to start a story, as there are most certainly other ways to start a story.

My problem is that literally all three of the games started the exact same way, and the storyline drags along and everyone continuously assumes that you have some kind of emotional attachment to said unimportant character, when you don't. Like I said though, the side missions are phenomenal and don't have this problem at all. I just wish HBS would have given some variety in their main plot writing since, to an extent, it feels like I played the same story three times over.

Also, I really recommend you pick up Dragonfall at some point if you like HK. My personal opinion of the games is Dragonfall > HK > Returns
>>
>>54069858
>Also, I really recommend you pick up Dragonfall at some point if you like HK. My personal opinion of the games is Dragonfall > HK > Returns
i'll look into it, this is actually the only shadowrun game i've played

as i understand it, this gained interest due to being associated to a classic series/game, so it'd be risky for them to change things /too/ much, as to some extent people will expect it to be like the old game, for those who bought into it expecting something like what they already liked

i can understand where you're getting at though, you still want the new one to be 'fresh', and not exactly like the previous, else what reason do you have to play the new one?
>>
>>54069997
>as i understand it, this gained interest due to being associated to a classic series/game, so it'd be risky for them to change things /too/ much, as to some extent people will expect it to be like the old game, for those who bought into it expecting something like what they already liked
You can make a new game with a different exposition and keep it a member of the series that retains the same feel.

>>54069997
>i'll look into it, this is actually the only shadowrun game i've played
Well, I've only played the HBS ones and the tabletop game, which aren't even comprable games other than the setting, so I imagine that any other takes there are on the setting are equally different. HBS Shadowrun is like XCOM meets Deus Ex, while the tabletop game is more of a cyberpunk inverse CSI simulator.
>>
>>54070108
>You can make a new game with a different exposition and keep it a member of the series that retains the same feel.
yea, like i said, i know what you mean, but i can also understand if they felt it safer to keep it 'tried and true'
that or the writer just prefers to do that, if the rest is excellent it's hard to imagine they aren't capable of doing differently, but i suppose that's also a possibility
>>
File: Creator-Ci40.jpg (135 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
Creator-Ci40.jpg
135 KB, 940x600
The Creator Ci40
>>
>>54054267
>Have you ever backed a Kikestarter project?
Yeah, for the original Oculus Rift SDK.
>>
>>54070784
>pay $300 when the Euro is at its highest
>receive SDK and have quite a bit of fun with it
>receive Kickstarter edition CV1 last week
>immediately sell it for $1100
Pretty good deal overall
>>
>>54068517
>vtard with horrible taste
Who woulda guessed?
>>
File: mugi.png (108 KB, 325x375) Image search: [Google]
mugi.png
108 KB, 325x375
I'm not naive enough to dump money on useless shit that's without exception poorly made and ends up being more expensive than advertised.

Why the fuck are people of today so obsessed with buying unfinished garbage? Name me one kikestarter project that delivered, that was in some way useful or well made. I dare you.
>>
>battery blender
$15 on Amazon

>Cooler
$25.83 52qt on slickdeals

>Bluetooth speaker
$20 on Amazon

>Power bank
$25 10,000 mAh on Amazon

All it all to together and you have the Coolest Cooler cuck
>>
>>54072599
Is the $20 Bluetooth speaker waterproof?
>>
>>54068546
what fucking part of anything says tumblr on it? that pic's from the kickstarter and he actually puts his comic on his own site.
>>
>>54067043
>it's an investment system

No where on their site does it say anything close to this nor has it ever been marketed as such.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>54069527
>massive budget
>over a million dollars

You have no idea how much developing a game actually costs.
>>
>>54054267
Holy kek, I remember when even Linus shilled for this piece of shit a while ago.
>>
>>54057612
You should have used a comma between her and kid.
>>
>>54060992
>Iron Sky

Wasn't that the movie of the zombie Nazis having a secret base on the moon?
>>
>>54054267
No, but I bought something that was funded on Kikestarter. I regreted it. (No, it wasn't the Ouya)
>>
>>54072357
The one plus one
>>
>>54074448
which they turned into a multikulti movie where the main character ends up being a nigger lover.
>>
>>54074662
That wasn't a KS though.
>>
>>54054267
why would anybody even want those features all crammed into one.
that is completely retarded
>lets go listen to music
>oh let me just go lug my massive cooler out instead of getting a normal bluetooth speaker
>>
File: image.jpg (584 KB, 1536x1849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
584 KB, 1536x1849
>>54054267
Am I safe?
Hearing those kickstarter stories make me scare.
>>
This chick was making custom denim vests for $40 so I backed it. She ran away with the money but Kickstarter gave me my $40 back
>>
i bought a pretty neat wallet for $12 on kickstarter

i use it every day
>>
Funded Skullgirls
don't regret it
>>
>>54057049
That tumblr nose.
>>
Backed Bloodstained

I'm a little worried cause the company handling the shipments said that my country is a risk zone so I may no get my game
but for 60USD extra (the amount I gave to the project), they would use a more secure method of shipping...
didn't pay the extra 60 and now I'm just worried I might never get the game in a physical box.
>>
>>54073361
No, but with a ziploc bag it is
>>
>>54054267
On indiegogo I backed a arduino leonardo clone with bunch of wires led breadboard and some other things for 12 bucks.
>>
>>54073361
No, but there is a $12 one for the shower.
>>
Oculus (Very good experience)

Space Elevator Science, a space elevator research startup (Pretty dumb in retrospect but oh well)

The Gallery: Six Elements, VR game (Got the reward recently but haven't played it yet)

XING: The Land Beyond, VR game (Still didn't get reward but apparently they are nearing release)

Among the Sleep, game that was supposed to be for VR but they decided to only support DK1 and not the consumer rift version (Reward delivered but never played, pretty unhappy with the rift support thing)

STEM System, VR hand controllers (Kind of a trainwreck, still not got the reward, two years late, but apparently they are supposed to deliver this month? I can only hope)

Obduction, VR game (Reward still not delivered but this is a serious team, the guys behind Myst, so I believe they will deliver in the end)

SCIO, pocket molecular sensor, IR colorimeter (Pretty cool, reward delivered but unfortunately the content isn't there and they kind of screwed us by announcing a new model that won't be compatible with the one kickstarter backers got)

CLANNAD visual novel english translation (Only backed but didn't order any reward because I already played the game)

Apollo 11 VR experience (Reward delivered but I am waiting for the rift consumer version before I play it, supposed to be awesome though)

And two more campaigns that didn't succeed
>>
File: goy.png (185 KB, 658x768) Image search: [Google]
goy.png
185 KB, 658x768
>>54080491
>>
>>54066174
>Wasteland 2

I thought Fargo deserved another chance and I don't regret it but I was still disappointed.
>>
File: hashtag.jpg (51 KB, 738x525) Image search: [Google]
hashtag.jpg
51 KB, 738x525
>>54054267
>>
>>54058092
>The Big Book of Jerkcity

Most underrated comedy gold of the century.
>>
>>54080598
HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA
tfw normies are so dumb they need to use separate keyboards to be able to do some basic key combinations
>>
No, I'm too intelligent for that.
>>
>>54074259
He's talking about the cancerous art style, you retarded fuck.
>>
>>54080528
God forbid I spent my money the way I want
>>
>>54060902
>I pitched some money to help George Clinton either improve his studio or get back the rights to some songs or something.

You know I read that as Bill Clinton and spent ten minutes wondering what Bill's rapping sounds like.
>>
File: 83% CPU.png (1 MB, 1282x748) Image search: [Google]
83% CPU.png
1 MB, 1282x748
I donated to FaceRig, got the expansion packs for life. It's pretty neat, but I have no real use for it.
>>
>>54080626
>implying you didn't use mommy's hard earned money
>>
>>54070524
>MIPS
>TPM

I don't get what a board like this exists for.
>>
>>54054267
I backed Neverending Nightmares.
No regrets.
>>
The biggest problem here is.. games. Developers inevitably choose between doing a shit job, or spending far more money than anyone ever expected. Even when it supposed involves studios with experience.
>>
I funded my dick
>>
>>54080675
Yes I'm implying that
>>
>>54080678
>>MIPS
Because it's from the company that owns the architecture, they're trying to get into the IoT market
>>TPM
Why not?
>>
Why does a cooler need bluetooth, a usb charger and blender?
>>
>>54081649
Why does a cellular telephone have a 6" QHD screen, quad core processor, and 4GB RAM?
So it can be more than just a phone
>>
I wonder if any people here backed this scam: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/olo3d/olo-the-first-ever-smartphone-3d-printer
>>
>>54080598
But it's right there next to enter. Don't tell me anybody unironically uses the US layout...
>>
File: IMG_20150928_133008.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150928_133008.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
I backed two anime kickstarters and was happy with the results.
>>
File: 2015-03-16-dark_science_42.jpg (91 KB, 269x310) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-16-dark_science_42.jpg
91 KB, 269x310
>>54077146
>>54080623
>tumblr art style
that's got to be one of the stupidest things i've herd
>>
>>54066377
While they dont have nice and compfy rights as westerners do, worst offenders by far are India,Bangladesh, Thailand etc, so if you need to make a sweatshop and have no soul you will not go to China, Commie Party wants to look good. Shooting a "Worker" is sacrilege in commie land(Mao was dictator, now they have actual working communism)
>>
>>54054267
Yeah, Shenmue III.

I'd been pining after that game for over a decade. Thought I should put my money where my mouth was. It'll probably end up being massively underwhelming, but seeing the story concluded will make me happy.
>>
>>54080668
How do you not have a use for that? You can be a cute anime girl now!
>>
>>54080668
>83%
I thought I read somewhere they would make it work with an Intel HD 4000 or something
>>
>>54054267
I backed marshmallows once.
>>
File: 2011-02-23-dark_science_08.jpg (756 KB, 960x1299) Image search: [Google]
2011-02-23-dark_science_08.jpg
756 KB, 960x1299
>>54074259
>>54068546

This guy works pretty slow, so I only check his comics one every 6 months or so, but his art style has always been something I've enjoyed for the last 8 years.

It's unique.
>>
File: 2011-04-19-dark_science_09.jpg (763 KB, 960x1299) Image search: [Google]
2011-04-19-dark_science_09.jpg
763 KB, 960x1299
>>54082673
1 more.
>>
>>54080598

>calling it hashtag

millenials
>>
>>54057049
You nincompoop
>>
File: interrywenigger.jpg (24 KB, 418x438) Image search: [Google]
interrywenigger.jpg
24 KB, 418x438
>>54080598
TRIGGERED
>>
Why would someone back something if they don't get anything in return.
>>
My brother backed Squad, and he gave me the extra key that he got. Otherwise I would have bought it in early access.

It's pretty much exactly what I expected and I've been having a lot of fun with it. No ragrets.
>>
Fell for the DCS WW2 scam.
>>
i've only backed games and software kickstarters, 'technology' kickstarters almost always fail because the startup costs are always much much higher

the coolest cooler is the fucking stupidest thing i've ever seen. it's the cooler equivalent of the homer simpson car of the future. it's a cooler with a bunch of worthless shit added to it
>>
File: 1460647350223.jpg (38 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1460647350223.jpg
38 KB, 600x662
>>54080598
>No more wondering how to do a hashtag
>Social media nerds
I don't have an image that can properly express how dead I feel inside, so here's this.
>>
>>54054267
I think it's honestly absurd to back hardware projects on kickstarter. In the best case scenario you get an imperfect prototype at an inflated price, in most cases you get nothing.
>>
File: 1456705567044.png (178 KB, 454x438) Image search: [Google]
1456705567044.png
178 KB, 454x438
>>54080598
>celebrate the mighty hashtag's contribution to digital communication!
>>
>>54080598
>uk keyboard layout
>Photoshop out the hash symbol above the 3 so your product image doesn't look even more retarded
>>
>>54082673
why do they all have the same face
>>
File: a.jpg (835 KB, 960x1299) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
835 KB, 960x1299
>>54082673
the layout's a bit confusing, is this correct?
>>
File: consider_the_following.png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.png
264 KB, 1000x1000
Look at kickstarter's place among startup investment.

It tends to be around the angel investment level of 50k-1m; sometimes less. At this stage what is the failure rate for companies? About ~70%, but this is for companies whose ideas are good enough to entice an angel investor to invest in them. These companies can't acquire angel investment, so they went to kickstarter, and thus you have adverse selection -- so you should expect the failure rate to be even higher than 70%. You should be demanding equity in the company, but instead you're satisfied with typically paying wholesale price for their finished good, which has a greater than 70% chance of never materializing.

This is a horrible investment any way you slice it.
>>
>>54084879
>a bit confusing
That's an understatement, you did a better job then I could trying to guess what order to read that shit in
>>
>>54082580
That's a screenshot from an alpha build, it's much better now.
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 297x170
never trusting mexican devs again
>>
>>54085102
Thanks for the post anon. I learned something.
>>
>>54087718
pretty sure they're (literally) banking on the fact that most people don't into business
>>
I funded the 3Doodler, it was utter shit so I sold it on ebay for the price I paid for it
>>
>>54066335
try looking for an option in your phone's settings that would let you disable power saving features for the Tile app

(i dont know if the GS6 has this android feature)
>>
I pledged to a spaceship vidya game. No not Star Citizen.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

It actually had a working tech demo, and realistic goals. So naturally it only just scraped by its goal. Because Kikestarter functions much like Donald Trump's presidential campaign, on vague promises and handwaving, leaving you to fill in the gaps with your own wild imagination. This gets people to pledge because naturally, its going to be the best thing ever, because it only exists in their own imagination.

Kikestarter is basically the act of borrowing money against the future inevitable disappointment of your community, because its impossible to deliver on unrealistic expectations, and you can't get funded without allowing unrealistic expectations to drive pledges.
>>
Supporting someone who doesn't have a track record or a working alpha product does not deserve a cent. But a company that has something to show is worth donating money to, especially if the rewards are good.
>>
File: 12356823535.jpg (25 KB, 317x320) Image search: [Google]
12356823535.jpg
25 KB, 317x320
>>54089338
If kickstarter were an actual investment platform, people would be doing due diligence before investing. This doesn't happen on a kickstarter project, and everything you know about the project comes from a five minute promotional video and vague promises about industry experience and product features.

The average time between presentation and funding for venture capital is 2 months. VCs spend 2 months with analysts and accountants vetting every aspect of your company before they invest. VC, PE, and angel investors are all accredited investors which means they are afforded less protection than consumers, because they are financially savvy enough to not be bamboozled by snake oil salesmen, and it allows fledgling companies to talk to them about their dreams of the future and where they want to take the company -- in a way they are not allowed to market to the public by the government (false advertising laws, etc.).

Kickstarter is in a weird space legally because they are essentially marketing to consumers as though they were accredited investors, when they're actually incapable of making such discernment and will invest in something within minutes of hearing about its proposed features.
>>
I funded Ouya.

I also seriously considered a few 80% lower kits (lowers plus jigs) until I read that those kickstarters notoriously never deliver with or without refunding your money.
>>
>>54089692
>I funded Ouya.
How do you live without killing yourself?
>>
File: jerkcity490.gif (33 KB, 587x289) Image search: [Google]
jerkcity490.gif
33 KB, 587x289
>>54080614
also /g/ as hell
>>
>>54084809
shitty artist
>>
>>54068583
The bugs were pretty bad though, I had to cheat to finish one mission.
>>
>>54091726
>I had to cheat to finish one mission.
keep on justifying it to yourself, bud
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.