[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good build to run things such as Battlefield, Overwatch,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-17-18-36.png (118 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-17-18-36.png
118 KB, 600x1024
Is this a good build to run things such as Battlefield, Overwatch, csgo at 60 fps?
>>
>>54024617
>meme motherboard
>meme cooler
>meme RAM
>meme video card
>meme keyboard and mouse
>paying for windows
>>
>>54024650
So what would you rather me get?
>>
>960

Maybe divert money from your CPU to your GPU? You'll also save on the CPU cooler as non-overclock models come with stock coolers. Also literally anything can run CS go, so please fuck off with such a dumb question.
>>
get a better monitor, it's bottlenecking your fps
>>
>>54024726
i would suggest not to waste your life and youth away in the electric jew
>>
>>54024730
So upgrade to a 970? Is it really worth the extra 70+ $?
And why divert money? CPU isn't as important, but I would like to multitask a lot.
>>
>>54024744
I was thinking about 144hz, but it's way more expensive. I don't really have a big budget, (under 1100) so I just went for 1080p 60hz.
>>
>>54024617

>get ssd
>replace gpu with gtx 970/980
>replace mouse with g700s
>replace keyboard/mouse set with some nice mechanical keyboard if you dont mind minor a clacking noise while typing
>replace win10 with win7, its cheaper and even if you want win10 you can upgrade for free after installing win7
>>
>>54024863

oh and forgot to mention if you're going to do heavy overclocking(which you should as you have a k cpu) get a better cpu cooler
>>
>>54024893
yeah he should probably get a normal i5 or i3 for his child usage
>>
1. Get 970 or above, the 960 doesn't even use the entire 4 GB properly.
2. Buy a copy of Windows from Reddit for like 15$.
3. Downgrade the CPU to non-k.
4. You don't need an SSD.
>>
>>54024863
My budget though. Money is a problem.
>>
File: 1425575872544.gif (1 MB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1425575872544.gif
1 MB, 290x290
>>54024785
>And why divert money?
Well gee I don't know anon, if you have unlimited money why don't you just get a better GPU?

>cpu isn't even important
Then why the fuck are you spending money on one?
>>
>>54024931

then just wait a month or two more and save up more money. If you're going to build a computer yourself you want it to be optimal, and not some half decent thing. If u like half decent things you can just go ahead and buy a prebuilt one
>>
>>54024928
So i5, but just non-k.
>>
>>54024974
Well yeah. Unless you know you're going to overclock there's no reason to get the K. And overclocking costs additional money anyway for CPU coolers.

Get the i5-6500 I'd recommend.
>>
>>54024863
Or just get a windows of kinguin or reddit. About 20-30 bucks. It doesn't matter if it's 7, 8 or 10 (just upgrade) as long as it is cheaper than the 80 bucks that OP is wasting for it.
>>
>>54025004
Is the cooler okay for it?
>>
>>54025040
the stock intel cooler is fine if you don't overclock
>>
>>54025040
If you're referring to the stock cooler it comes with then yes, the cooler is fine. If you're referring to the one in your partpicker, save your money as you don't need it.
>>
>>54025068
Okay, any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard?
>>
>>54024617
Not getting a SSD
>>
>>54025036

True, but OP will only get the serial with no cd for 20-30 bucks, dunno if he can handle downloading the iso and burning to cd or making bootable usb stick. If he can he can just pirate it anyway lol
>>
>>54024617
Better GPU bruh, wait for Pascal and get a 1070
>>
The 960 is pretty cool for modern gaming, even the 2gb one if you dont plano on going above 108p
I think you are overspending on the processor though, id recomend amd fx6300 to balance things out
>>
>>54025098
Yeah, I didn't want to get an optical drive because I would have no use for it, but how else could I install an OS?
>>
>>54024650
Wow quality post friendo, upvoted :^)
>>
>>54025145

>download win7 iso
>download rufus
>get usb stick with 8gb size
>start rufus
>select usb stick
>select win iso you downloaded earlier
>let it work its magic
>when finished reboot pc and boot from usb stick
>>
>>54025133
Yeah, but I will be multi tasking a lot. Music in background, game running, browsing web, all at same time.
>>
>>54025179
Will try soon, thanks for the help.
>>
>>54025145
>but how else could I install an OS?

He just said making a bootable USB stick.

Go to the Microsoft and look for "Windows 10; Make A Bootable Media"

I'll download a tool in which you'll then use a (I think it required a 2GB stick, go for 4GB just in case) USB stick to install to.

Then turn on whatever PC you want, go into the BIOS, and set the USB stick as your boot device.

Then have fun with Windoze. You'll be asked to put in your product key during or after the install depending on if you postpone it.
>>
>mfw I play those +60fps on half those specs that cost me half that money one year ago
When will you kids ever learn
>>
>>54025184
that getting shifted on the ram you fat speccy jew.
>>
>>54025216
You played Overwatch one year ago?
>>
>>54025208
Oh, okay. Thanks bud
>>
>16GB of RAM
Are you even trying? 64GB of RAM minimum if you want to play video games at acceptable frame rates.
>>
>>54025208
>>54025207

If you want win10 do what this guy said, except the 2gb usb stick part.
If you want any other OS than win10 do what I said
>>
>>54025283
I want win7 as it is super simple and one of the best OS I've ever used desu. Can I still boot it from USB?
>>
>>54025344

yes, >>54025179 works with any OS if you have the iso of it
>>
Probably going to get an SSD 250GB and a 1TB HDD, and use the ssd as my boot drive, and use leftover space for games.
>>
Hi Brandon

Make sure the mobo is DDR4 compatible as some still aren't. If it's not you're wasting money on faster RAM and won't get the 3k speed. You also don't need 16gb RAM unless you do video editing or something like that. 8gb is enough for pretty much any game.

Upgrade the HDD to a black, it has a much larger cache and will make a huge difference when booting, opening apps, accessing files and so on. Or just put your OS on a SSD and use the HDD as storage.

Personally I'd drop the CPU and GPU down a lot, maybe even get a 750Ti and just play on medium.
>>
>>54024650
>meme faggot

you sure told them :^)
>>
>>54024617
>Battlefield, Overwatch
Get a rope or a gun not PC
>>
>>54025516
I'm putting the OS on an SSD. And should I drop down from 16gb to 8? And with the mobo, I'm pretty sure it is.
>>
>>54025597
>playing boring resource wasting shitty gameplay having games
flush yourself
>>
>>54025636
If they're shitty games, recommend me some. I only mentioned those games because Battlefield is pretty graphic intensive, and Overwatch looks like that also.
>>
>>54025633

Back in the day I was playing Crysis on max with a Q6600, an 8800GTX with I think 2GB RAM, possibly 4.

I'm not convinced that any game as we currently play them will ever need more than 8GB, and if they do it will be the result of lazy practices rather than an actual necessity.

The specs for overwatch put the minimum at 4, recommended at 6 and optimum at 8.
>>
>>54025691
I gotta admit I did lol hard at "get a rope or gun not pc", what games do you play? I could name battlefield overwatch and arma 3 as games that are resource intensive but deserve it (battlefield 4 has crazy multiplayer gameplay with tanks rockets helicopters and tactics)
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wMxwMp

Just torrent windows
and burn it on a usb stick using rufus, should be easy
>>
>>54026128

>mATX

Why?
>>
>>54024751
Then GTFO of /g/ and build your own technology
>>
>>54026153
cheaper?
why does it matter?
You wont be running sli or anything
>>
>>54026193

Barely, it just seems wasteful to use a smaller board when you have a full size case. You have more scope to upgrade with a full size board.
>>
>>54026214
what advantages would full atx even have over matx when overclocking or sli is not relevant
>>
>>54024617

Get an i5 6500.
Don't get a CPU cooler, stock is fine.
Get a h170 or b150 mobo.
Get 8 gigs of RAM at 2133mhz.
Get a SSD with that HDD.
Replace that 960 with a r9 380.
Get a semi modular power supply.
Buy a cheap Windows key from Reddit or pirate it.
Cheap "gaming" keyboards are a bad idea, just get a regular one or get a mechanical with the money you will save following my guide.

Make sure to research your parts before buying.
>>
>>54024617
Drop the cooler, drop the mobo and get something that isn't 'z', with the money saved from that get a 970 or 390 (the 390 is a great card, don't listen to these shills) and if you can; try and get an ssd. Even if it's just a 120/240 gb kingston. I have a v300 and they're great.
>>
>>54026426
Didn't Kingston gimp their v300 ssds?
>>
>>54024617
Evga video cards are good - not sure about the model you picked. ( My evga gtx 770 ac super clocked is still amazingly good )
Corsair - again very good - my 2 year old ram kits which were fairly cheap then are still in their prime 2133 mhz.
I have an i7 4770k that is 24/7 overclocked on air with a very cheap PSU that didn't fail ( and from my experience and my friends experience Sirtec HAAAARDLY fail and it's mega cheap ) 700 w.

I hae the exact hard disk - It is capable of 95 mb/s writes when torrents are downloading - check if there are better wd versions.

Motherboard is absolute dog shit tier.

You want to buy an overclocking processor and use a retarded mobo.. dude wtf

I would buy an 120 gb ssd, samsung pro for OS - you won't regret it...
>>
>>54026479
The cooler I'm using is:
Noctua NH-U12P SE2

i suggest this one as it seems this is a newer, popuar version:
NH-U9B SE2
>>
>>54026341
>Don't get a CPU cooler, stock is fine.
Yes if he goes with 6500 stock without ever overclocking.

But with his build the processor will go into turbo 100% durring gaming so he'll expect temperatures way above 80 degrees with stock.. maybe close to 100.

He should buy a cheap Noctua, I have good experience with them.
>>
>>54026524
what the fuck? no way it can get that high.
max 60C. Unless you have absolutely shit airflow
>>
>>54024650
You should consider offing yourself
>>
>>54024617
>fps games at 60 fps
>>
Replace the 960 with a 380. Get a freesync monitor with 100+hz, if you're playing cs. Otherwise you're good to go.
>>
>>54024650
>meme post
>>
>>54028270
Also go with a gold/otherwise high quality power supply. The one thing people cheap out on that totally shouldn't be.
>>
>>54024617
Yes, this is a good build and will last for a long time, it's a very bad idea to cheap out on the CPU because then you would need to change it later down the road which would also include the cost of a new motherboard while a GPU you can just change it without problems, Believe me I had that happen to me because /g/ told me to get a budget CPU.

Also if you cheap out on the CPU your GPU might not be used to it's 100% usage which would be a waste, nowadays modern games are pretty bad written and they just keep getting more CPU intensive.

The GTX 960 which is a relative fast card can play most games at 60FPS High settings without problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcg3SpQYH6o

In other worlds

Fast CPU with weaker GPU = Fine, your GPU will be utilize at 100% and down the road you will only need to upgrade the GPU maybe the PSU too depending how much power consumption new cards utilize.

Weak CPU with Strong GPU or Weak GPU =BAD, even if you buy a strong GPU if it isn't being utilized at 100% then it is being wasted which would require a new CPU and maybe a new motherboard and even if you go with a Weak CPU with a Weak GPu then when you would want to upgrade you would need to upgrade the WHOLE system, CPU, Motherboard and GPU, maybe PSU too and possibly Ram too.
>>
Get an older gen cpu like the 4xxx series, they're cheaper, and literally perform the same or better than skymeme, plus the ram will be cheaper. Don't get an overclockable cpu, you can spend less on cooling then. Trust me, you're not going to notice a difference overclocking. Third, if you want a windows key for chaos, buy it from kinguin, I've bought three from there already. With the extra money you have saved from this, either upgrade your gpu or get an ssd. The ssd will make your computer astronomically faster.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.