[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom has had an Ipad mini gen 1 for the last 4 years and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: ipadddd.png (314 KB, 1073x516) Image search: [Google]
ipadddd.png
314 KB, 1073x516
My mom has had an Ipad mini gen 1 for the last 4 years and I want to buy her a new one.She has a 16g and is so close to being out of room, so I want to grab her a 32g. What do you guys think of this one? It's the Ipad 2. It is 300 bucks, but I know a big difference is the more crisp screen and more room for her pictures and shit.

Also, Is there a way to bring all the pictures and apps from the first ipad to the second one with a cord of some sort? I mean just pictures and music.
>>
>>54017619
Thing is, I would get her the ipad 4 for 30 dollars more, but its only 16g. She has been so close to running out of room on hers, mostly because of pictures and music and stuff. But some of the updates they have are so fucking big that she runs out of room
>>
you've been making the same thread for the past few days already.
>>
It is an upgrade and since apple borks their older version hardware with software updates she will probably see an improvement. You can do an iCloud backup to transfer files from one to the other, I'm not sure if Apple allows access to the file system through a computer so you probably won't be able to just drag and drop files from one to the other.
>>
>>54017656
>>54017656
So it would probably be better to get the new 4th one then with 16g and tell her to not use that much room on it? Because shouldnt that already have all the updates installed already so it shouldnt be too much room for more of them? Also do you think my moms case and screen cover will work from her first 1 to the 4th one if i buy it?
>>
Ipad 2 32g for 300 bucks, or the Ipad 4 16g for 335 bucks. Hmmmm...
>>
File: Snapchat-4078682880990601725.jpg (226 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4078682880990601725.jpg
226 KB, 720x1280
>>54017619
Op here. This is what's on my moms iPad. Now do you see why I think she might need 32g? Also why does it only seem to let you USD 12g out of the 16? Are the newer versions like that?
>>
>>54017954
Op here, as you can see a lot of it is photos and stuff. But she loves taking pictures and videos
>>
Get her the Air ya fucking plen.
>>
>>54018129
She likes the mini
>>
>>54018136
well what the fuck are you constantly making these threads for? FUCKING GET THE MINI 2 THEN
>>
>>54018142
I am looking for advice, this is the first thread ive had in such detail
>>
>>54018255
what's seems to be the officer, problem?

apple.com

you can compare the two mini models they sell, the mini 4 doesn't even come in 32GBs
>>
>>54018276
Do you think the 16 would be efficient though? I have the version 1 16 >>54017954
But as you can see it only lets you use like 12 and its almost full. ANy reason why?
>>
>>54018430
iOS uses bunch of space, less if up to date

16GBs is enough if you show her how to manage her photos, like move them to the cloud or computer once in a while
>>
>>54018453
So the new one has ios already right so she doesnt have to download it? Wouldnt that mean she has more room for other stuff?
>>
http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini-4/

>Not getting the superior 4

PLEBS
>>
>>54017619
Just buy the 32 GB version, 16 GB is not enough. I have 1 GB free space now on my iPhone.

>Also, Is there a way to bring all the pictures and apps from the first ipad to the second one with a cord of some sort? I mean just pictures and music.
If you use the same Apple ID on your new iPad, Apple will ask if you want to restore all backup from Internet.
Or you can backup them to computer manually with iTunes.

>Just picture and music
Yeah, you can copy all of the pictures with Windows Explorer.
Dunno about Music, but I think a full backup at the computer should backup everything.
>>
>>54018519
yeah iOS is the operating system, it has to be stored somewhere, so it takes space, newer versions use less space

>>54018522
you are retarded
>>
>>54018552
How am I retarded? The mini 4 is way fucking better than 2. How stupid can you be cocksucker?
>>
>>54018589
NO 32GB OPTION WHICH IS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT
>>
>>54018592
Yeah we have already told him he doesnt need 32, 16 is efficient on the newer versions. Its for his fucking mom anyways
>>
>>54018592
So get the 64 GB version. It's not rocket surgery. If anything you mother will be even happier with the amount of available space she has letting her comfortably just do what she wants without worry.
>>
>>54018628
>Its for his fucking mom anyways

the mini 2 plays candy crush fine while being cheaper and having enough storage without having to do any file management which is surely what his mom would prefer
>>
>>54018633
Yeah tell him to spend 150 more for something she will never use. Youre a fucking genius
>>
>>54018633
desperate reasoning, money well fucking spent
>>
>>54018633
OP here, I am starting to think that for 30 bucks more, the ipad 4 would be a better deal since it has a better camera and better more advanced other stuff. The ipad she has now only lets you use like 12g because of the updates and shit she needed over the years. I feel like that should be fixed in the ipad mini 4, which would give her atleast 2-4g more of space. Plus, yeah its like 6g of pictures but thats not a huge thing, a bunch of shit apps too. She should be fine right? Plus im gonna upload all her pics to a PC. So she should start fresh
>>
>>54018706
Have you considered asking her about it? Does she ever specifically comment on how bothersome it is to manage space? If so, then don't get her another 16 GB. All of these people saying "Oh, iOS gets more space efficient!" are fucking morons. You're not going to get 2-4 GB of space from those improvements. You're looking at 16 GB of memory, which after unit conversions and filesystem overhead probably brings you down to 15 GB. Then you've got iOS itself to install on there. Best case, you're getting an extra 1 GB, maybe 2 GB.
>>
>>54018706
the downside with moving images to the PC is that she pretty much won't be viewing them ever
>>
>>54018640
>file management
How? the 16 is fucking plenty you god damn baboon
>>
>>54018829
evidently not if she has filled that space
>>
>>54018771
Ah I see. 1-2g might be enough for her desu, but then again 32 would be so much safer. I just like how the 4 has a better camera and she loves her pictures and shit
>>
>>54018771
And I would ask her, but this is suppose to be a gift/surprise lol. I do ask her random things like, "Do you think you need more memory for your ipad?" and she said no
>>
>>54019109
ahh
>>
Has she been so close to running out of room on hers?
I guess that's what you won't get her the iPad 4 for only $30 more.

Actually though, it's definitely a nicer iPad than the 1.
>>
>>54019621
mhm
>>
>>54020791
She was but i deleted her music, now she is like 1g away from it being full. But if I can figure out how to do the cloud shit thatd be great. My cloud is full and idk how to delete whats on there or how to know what is on there. A backup or something? Do I need that?
>>
>>54017646
Just buy the model with more memory. Don't sacrifice 16gb of memory for someone who probably isn't gonna need the 10% performance increase
>>
>>54021496
Yeah this is the safest bet, was just thinking the camera with extra mp would be excellent for her
>>
Neither
>>
Don't be a cheap fag and get the iPad 4 32GB for her. Maybe split the price with your brother, sister or father.
>>
>>54022458
it does not fucking exist you goon
>>
>>54021529
Keep in mind that extra mp leads to bigger file sizes for pictures and videos.
>>
>>54022458
It doesn't. Fucking. Exist.
>>
>>54017619
Why do you hate your mother?

Stop buying her cheap lagPad iChinkshit and get her something good.
>>
>>54022702
Wait so things will be even bigger on that shit for a 16g?
>>
>>54017619
Go to a Best Buy tell them about your shit, come home and buy it on amazon.
>>
>>54025268
They will give advice?
>>
>>54025782
the UK equivalent (PC World) if you dont know what you are looking for and the staff will try and find a product that best fits your needs. then they try to sell you an extended warranty and other shit. I presume Best Buy is the same.
>>
>>54025998
Best buy is actually total fucking shit
>>
>>54017619
Neither
>>
>>54027339
This
>>
get the 16
>>
Not OP but I have the same question
>>
>>54017619
Apple fag here, get her a mini 3 or newer. The 2 is ok but better hardware in the 3 and 4, also weight reduction between them. 32gb of storage is fine, I have 64 on my new phone and 21gb sits unused, and since I doubt she will download 8gb of manga, and have multiple games that take excess of 1gb, 32 is fine.

If you back up the old iPad to a computer using iTunes, you need to select "Encrypt backup" and make a password. This will backup all data on the device, including passwords and secure information. If you don't encrypt the backup she'll need to put them in her new iPad later.

iCloud backup stores settings, photos, and select app data (apps that asked for iCloud access), this means her apps will redownloaded from the App Store during the restore process.

Tl;dr backup with iTunes, make sure to click "Encrypt local Backup", get an iPad with an A7 chip or higher, 32gb storage
>>
>>54017707
They didn't change much but shave a few mm off the thickness, they should fit well for it.google around on Apple related websites. Reminder that /g/ is anti apple
>>
>>54029113
Thanks for the response. I didnt see it anywhere on amazon, the 32g ipad mini 3. Is it named something else? And its only like 50 bucks better imagine for a new chip or whatever?
>>
File: ipad 3.png (83 KB, 1203x806) Image search: [Google]
ipad 3.png
83 KB, 1203x806
>>54029113
3 is a piece of shit, they dont even have it on the compare list.
>>
>>54029113
>The 2 is ok but better hardware in the 3 and 4, also weight reduction between them
Bullshit
>>
>>54029167
>>54029113
Thats because the ipad 3 doesnt come in 32gb lol.
>>
>>54029167
My mistake, I thought it had CPU and ram increase but I was wrong, it doesn't come in 32gb and its discontinued. (You'll need to buy secondhand or refurbished). Like previous anons said, if 16gb was too small, and she likes to take pictures, make those the deciding factors alongside price.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/FGY92LL/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-3-wi-fi-64gb-gold

Apple has the mini 3 64gb on their website for $70 off in le meme gold color, which she might like.

Here's an in depth review of it, (http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/ipad-mini-3-1269214/review)

Do keep in mind that the iPad mini 3 doesn't offer much except the gold color option, and fingerprint sensor, and 100g of weight taken off.
>>
>>54023982
/thread
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.