[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1459562235881.webm (509 KB, 720x590) Image search: [Google]
1459562235881.webm
509 KB, 720x590
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
my R9 390 is stuck on the board, the board has this stupid piece of shit butterfly switch/locking mechanism but it doesn't fucking move, any ideas, any good tiny tools to saw that shit off or something?
>>
File: 1452820622193.png (756 KB, 1472x859) Image search: [Google]
1452820622193.png
756 KB, 1472x859
HDD 100% usage spikes and laptop freezes for 1-2 secs every 2-10 minutes caused by "System and compressed memory" process.

I've tried disabling Superfetch, Windows Search, Background inteligent transfer service, disabling "Show me tips about Windows", tried different Virtual memory settings, different Power Plan settings, but nothing helps.
any ideas?
>>
>>54002467
whats the mobo?
anyway, a fucking saw will fix it, as mobo holds only that one do-hickey at the end of the card
>>
Looking for a good laptop/tablet hybrid for work.

> i5 or better
> 8gb or better
> 1920x1080 or better
> 250gb ssd or more
> A bluray drive w/ software
> os doesn't matter
> hdmi, ethernet, headphone, usb 3.0 ports

> Preferably the kind that bend over like pic related. The ones that detatch from the keyboard are retarded

>Preferably without retarded key placement, a full size or tenkeyless style keyboard, and A touchpad that actually has buttons to click

> Preferably two hdd slots. I like to keep my os and data separate

> easy to access ram and hard drives as well as keyboard in case they need to be replaced.

I don't have any restrictions on budget but I don't want to buy anything with features I won't need( ie: leet gyman laptop)
>>
>minimum required card
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 750 Ti

>recommended required card
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 970

>my card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

I have no idea how to actually read these. But the higher the number the better, right? Meaning that I am fucked?
>>
>>54002503
yeah a saw is what I probably have to use but this means disassembling the piece of shit computer, CPU cooler off and all which is fucking annoying

it's an MSI Z97 Gaming 3
>>
>>54002522
all you need to think is M=mobile=piece of shit
>>
How can I save a file on a computer without erasing it when I restart the same computer, if the computer has a Deep Freeze program?
>>
can a forum owner know where i stay by knowing my ip adress?
>>
>>54002576
yeah look out of your window, see that car, in a few minutes a lady will walk by with her dog

the forum owner is watching
>>
Anyone got the image showing the best power supplies?

Also is a fanless PSU worth it? I'm worried that without a fan it might get too hot.
>>
>>54002441
did she died?
>>
How do I remove the "recent" tab in Nautilus side pane?
>>
>>54002522
Not usually.

GTX 780 is better than 960 for example.

M series are mobile series are really weak cards but way better than your IGPU and use way less energy.
Theyre not the same, not even half as powerful.
>>
I can't figure out why this prints out 1:

double a = 10;
cout << ((a /= 2) / a);

I would expect 0.5
>>
File: e-logo-title.png (157 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
e-logo-title.png
157 KB, 200x200
I think i found a problem in a gentoo overlay. a simple letter change on a flag
- --enable-i-really-know...patches-aba
+ - --enable-i-really-know...patches-abb

would fix it but i don't know where to report this issue. the guy who maintains the overlay seems like the place to start but I don't know how this all works and whether or not he can change the efl-9999.ebuild file, or if it's gentoos' portage tree maintainers' deal.

wat do?
>>
>>54002543
>>54003017
I was planning on getting a regular desktop. But I got before I did, I came across this deal and got it 40% off. Which would save me tons of money and persuaded me to go for the laptop instead.
And really, for a 5 year old computer, that's not too bad. It has done me really well, allowing me to play games at max settings. But I am guessing it's finally starting to show its age.

I guess I'll have to consider buying a new PC again then. Looks like it's time.
>>
is there a free image editor program other than GIMP that can save 32bit bitmaps with an alpha channel?

GIMP is just terrible. I only do simple stuff, I wish paint.NET could do 32bit bmps but it doesn't.

Thanks guys.
>>
I need to learn fucking Blender. Any useful links with lessons'n'stuff?
Thanks alot.
>>
>>54003127
my laptop had a 560m too, no max settings were possible on remotely modern games

assemble a PC, throw in a dedicated GPU later
>>
>>54003176

https://www.blender.org/manual/
>>
>>54003149
https://pixlr.com/editor/
>>
If I change my motherboard+processor but keep everything else the same, will my computer boot normally?

Or do I have to do some weird BIOS shit or re-install windows or whatever.
>>
>>54003221
windows is tied to your mobo, depending on license you have to buy windows again
>>
>>54002441
Watching for someone who didn't get absolutely fucked, and also telling myself never to sit in a rear-facing seat ever

It looks like the guy who hung onto the pole in the middle did alright
>>
>>54003253
what if >no license
>>
File: axrou.png (31 KB, 390x233) Image search: [Google]
axrou.png
31 KB, 390x233
How is this audio mixer called? How can install it in xfce?
>>
>>54003221
If you change CPU you have to reinstall windows.
If you change MOBO you should reinstall.
>>
>>54003209

thanks but this doesn't do 32 bmps as far as i can see
>>
>>54002467
push the butterfly thing really hard
>>
how bad were the cameras on the last two htc one phones?

considering the 10 but don't want to get jokeled into a shitty camera
>>
File: 92909.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
92909.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
Anymore cases like the Silverstone FT02B-W?

They seem to make the most sense, not just because of the heat rising (i know I know, just add some fans to a normal case) but also I'm someone who needs constant access to the "back" of a computer
>>
>>54003291
I even pushed with a screwdriver, which slipped on the board and scratched right over some data(?) lines
>>
If I have a CPU with 4 different cores, is it better to get a different fan/heatsink for each core, or a single large one shared for all 4 cores?
>>
So I wanna put some of my code up in the cloud (github style), mainly for safekeeping, portability, and perhaps as a portfolio in the future. Given that github is looked down upon on /g/, what would you guys recommend I use?
Also, github (and others I suppose) have an option to upload code privately so only you can see it. I am developing some android stuff that I don't necessarily wanna opensource, should I use that option or not upload my code at all?
>>
File: krpano119-vrheadsets.jpg (580 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
krpano119-vrheadsets.jpg
580 KB, 2400x1600
What is the difference of between Oculus rift and google cardboard like devices that use a smartphone screen?
>>
>>54003348
Anon pls, its too early yo start baiting.
>>
>>54003365
tracking quality and PC support
>>
amd64 means is 64 bit OS? Can I use it with i7 intel? I have to make sure.
>>
File: 1377482938456.jpg (87 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1377482938456.jpg
87 KB, 350x350
I'm learning c# with oledb for sql what else can I use besides visual studio?
>>
>>54003415
tfw when intel has to license 64bit from AMD
>>
Hard drive died. Got a new one. I installed ubuntu to usb, now I want to install windows.

Can I make Windows bootable to the USB without erasing the ubuntu files? Then when I start, I install Windows to the new hard drive like a normal installation from usb.
>>
>>54002441
this is why buses should have seat belts
>>
>>54003462
still get pretty fucked with lap belts
>>
>>54003069
>((a /= 2) / a)
>step 1: (a /= 2)
>step 2: (a / a)
It will return 1.
>>
Should i buy a SSD or a Videocard?
What is more important?

I will be using the I5 IGPU.
>>
>>54003324
Silverstone does several "rotated" cases": Look at the other entries in the Fortress and Raven series.
>>
>>54003331
Push with your fingers you unmentionable. You may have damaged your mobo.
>>
>>54003585
Gaming? Videocard.
Otherwise? SSD.
>>
>>54003477
who said they had to just be lap belts? still be better than flying face first into a pole or window
>>
>>54003639
idk lap belts are the standard type in public transport

definitely better than hitting a pole, but I think the bus needs a redesign like not having poles to hit in the first place
>>
>>54003617
How good is the haswell i5 IGPU?
Lets say with a recent game like XCOM 2.

Or with a recent card like GTX 950?
>>
My graphics driver crashes if I play any video game that pushes the video card. The screen turns black and won't recover and I have to reboot. I can hear the GPU fan turn off but everything else stays on. Windows event viewer either gives no error or "display driver crashed and recovered" error.

I've replaced both my GPU and PSU. Clean install and problem persists even after switching from Nvidia to AMD. Clean install of Windows didn't help. Pretty sure we can cancel out GPU/PSU/Driver as the culprit.

Memtest86+ runs for 12 hours without error.

Safe to assume at this point that it's my motherboard crapping out? It doesn't matter which PCIe slot I use. 3D apps are the only thing that crash PC.

On the same topic: what's a good mobo manufacturer for AMD cpus? I'm using an ASUS mobo, not sure if I should switch over to MSi or a different brand.
>>
>>54003821
For a turn-based title, XCOM 2 is actually very demanding: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/xcom_2_pc_performance_review_-_amd_vs_nvidia/6

The Haswell iGPU can run your desktop, and light games, like WoW: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_4770K_Haswell_GPU/19.html

A GTX 950 will run all modern games, at medium settings. It will be much, much more powerful than the Haswell iGPU.
>>
>>54003601
I did months ago, of course I first tried with my finger, board started making cracking sounds from the force, then I lifted the board out of the computer with the card attached, tried again and then I tried with a screwdriver
>>
File: 12 year old fins and boyfriends.jpg (144 KB, 1024x627) Image search: [Google]
12 year old fins and boyfriends.jpg
144 KB, 1024x627
I am addicted to computer and 4chan. What software would you recommend to block my own computer at certain hours? What about blocking websites?
>>
>>54004243
sell your computer and smartphone, fucking hell we both know that some piece of shit software isn't going to stop you
>>
>>54004268
I want to at least try with software before going cold turkey.
>>
>>54004291
It's simply not going to work. You need to work on your discipline. It's not a technical problem.
>>
>>54003915
I see.

Should i save and get a GTX 960 instead or see what other cards come around this price?
I'm trying to get a low power card because i have a EVGA 500B.

How big would be the difference between the GTX 950 and 960?
>>
>>54004311
unless the program wipes your computer if you try to disable it and the only way to get rid of it is to wipe your computer... nah even that wouldn't work
>>
>>54004243
Use a gun on your head. It'll cure your addiction.
>>
>>54002441
I bought some anime on bluray, how do I rip the dvd & subtitle/audio tracks?
>>
How do I install userscripts for mpv?
>>
I'm going to buy an i5 2500k and OC it to around 4.5 ghz if I can get it stable.
I plan on buying this board. Is this suitable? I've heard some people say that cheaper boards can be worse for OCing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130892&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
>>
>>54002441
And this is why I always take the backwards seat if it's available, I'll take whiplash over smashed teeth any day
>>
File: ronpaul.jpg (54 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
ronpaul.jpg
54 KB, 680x510
Hey /tech/, I have a sony vaio laptop with a "geforce 640m le" chip The computer has a little switch you can flick to go between integrated and dedicated.- IT used to play most games flawlessly. Nowadays, If i have the chip activated and launch a game my computer fans get louder and louder and then my computer crashes. This happens on old and new games. Seems like it's getting way too hot. What can I do?
>>
Hey /g/,
Anyone knows if i can run dual 1080p screens on intel Hd graphics 530?
>>
Hey guys. I'm writting an essay on the intel xeon processors.
Do you guys know which family had the most impact on the market, so I could focus on it?..
>>
I have a number of files in a directory that I wish to rename.
Files are named A.B.C.D.E.extension
A, B and E are identical across all files but I wish to change or remove C and D.

Any applications or scripts that may fit the bill? Thought I would ask before I start downloading random ad-bloated tools from google.
>>
>>54004621
Run speccy and your game in a window, see if the temperature climbs.
You may need to open the cover of the laptop and clear any debris on the fans or the dedicated card
>>
How can I love a linux distro?

The one I like the most is linux mitn because it looks like windows XP, which I loved a fuck ton.

Not a fan of the command line for now.
>>
>>54004676
did you try googling "max resolution" and "number of monitors"

this is far beyond a stupid question
>>
>>54004676
As long as your board has the ports and you have the appropriate cables for your monitors there should be no issue running dual-monitors from onboard
>>
>>54004320
>Should i save and get a GTX 960
Up to you. It is something like a 10-15% increase in performance from the 950.

>I'm trying to get a low power card because i have a EVGA 500B
Should be fine with any card below the $300 stuff.
>>
>>54004596
2500K is obsolete as a purchase, even with its legendary OCability. And that mobo will not work with a 2500K.

>>54004621
Clean the internals from dust buildup.
>>
>>54004676
Yes, easily.
>>
>>54002441
>the bus crashed so fast it duplicated one of the passengers
damn...
>>
>>54004558
Unlike DVDs, Bluerays have a lot more DRM and better encryption in them.

So far the only tools I knew that actually worked for decrypting Blurays (allowing you to rip/play on software of your choosing) was Slysoft's AnyDVD HD or CloneBD.
Unfortunately looks like they got taken down and there's some remnants running under the product name RedFox
>>
>>54004836
>>54004596
I'm stupid, I meant i5 6600k. I have an i5 2500k.
>>
Why will the same subtitles that work with x264 not work with x265?
>>
I am running Ubuntu from a flash drive. Can I install windows from that same flash drive onto a new hard drive? Or do I need two flash drives?
>>
ok /g/, so I switched from vlc to mpc.
I've been hearing about something called MadVR, but I'm not sure what it is. Is it worth getting and if it is what does it actually do?
Also, are there any recommended mpc settings or anything? I think I'm basically running it on all default settings right now.
>>
>>54004752

thank you anon.
Should I also apply some new thermal paste ? I've never really worked with laptops in that way. I've had the thing since 2013 and have cleaned it a couple of times but never messed with any paste
>>
Whats a good 5 or 8 port gigabit switch? Not familiar with which brands are generally considered to be good

all I know is that cisco and tp link are shit
>>
Does anyone know how to search for older youtube videos. I'm trying to find a video for a funeral that is over 10 years old and having no luck.
>>
>>54004943
I would also like to know as I currently am running MadVR under the suggestion of another anon and have not noticed anything.
>>
>>54004871
It is a Z170 board, with ok-ish heatsinks and VRMs. Google for OC results by others who own it.
>>
>>54004943
Google will tell you what MadVR does, but I want to suggest that if you're not interested in video quality autism and want something that "just works" you go with the MPV player.

MadVR can achieve better quality and is easier to customize than MPV, but if you're just going to use the player stock, I haven't ran into anything MPV had issues with.
>>
>>54004943
Default is perfectly fine. MadVR is a different audio and video filter pack was pushed around the time anime started getting encoded with 10-bit colour instead of 8-bit (dont really understand it but meant better quality but less compatibility)
MadVR was touted to increase quality further but with a performance hit (not a problem unless on an old onboard.

Not really a noticeable change but some people like it,
>>
File: Untitled.png (160 KB, 1176x902) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160 KB, 1176x902
>>54004989
Search for the name and limit the search date range.
>>
>>54004974
Dust first, clear the fans and make sure nothing is stuck to heat pipes that clearly should not be there.

I would not recommend changing the paste really, there's little to gain and a lot to lose from it
>>
>>54005009
>>54005020
Thanks for the information guys. I don't really care all that much about video quality as long as it doesn't look bad.
Guess it's just not for me then.
Out of curiosity though, why recommend mpv over mpc? It's not any more lightweight I think.
>>
So based on this chart alone, what number should my cpu be on at least to continue playing games at max settings (or close to it) for at least 2 more years?

http://m.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
>>
>>54002441
>mfw the black fat guy at the back left morphs through a seat
>>
>>54005063
That is a multi-threaded benchmark, so it useless for about 95% of games.
>>
>>54004996
I've tried, I'll keep looking but all results I find are for people who own the more expensive "gaming" variants. Thanks.
>>
>>54004982
looking for smart features like vlans/QoS/PoE or just a bog standard switch?

Your standard Netgear is adequate GS308 for example. Get a metal one so its not falling off the desk from the weight of the cables.
D-Links are ok as well
>>
File: idle.png (20 KB, 522x293) Image search: [Google]
idle.png
20 KB, 522x293
Is this too hot for GPU idle?
>>
>>54005055

can you dab alcohol on all the parts?
>>
I want a small FullHD monitor with a VA screen, and found pic related. The only issue is that I can't find ANY reviews of it. Should I buy it?
>>
>>54005048
Thank you!
>>
File: 1460414156084.jpg (70 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
1460414156084.jpg
70 KB, 600x570
>>54002441
Practicing for a job interview for tomorrow. It's a support technician job for a city. A friend of a friend gave me a rundown of the kind of questions I may get asked, just want to run 2 of them by a few people.

- How would you go about imaging a PC -
The only problem I have with this question is I'm not sure what kind of software they use in a city environment. I would probably use Windows' built in backup tool to create an image. Could someone with experience tell me what kind of tools they generally use for this?

- What technology and process would you use to build images for multiple PCs simultaneously? -
This is the only other one I'm a little iffy about. If all of the PC's are the same spec, I could just clone an image onto xAmount-hdds and then go plug them in. But I'm guessing the PC's might vary in specs, so maybe my approach wouldn't really work.
>>
>>54005060
I'd recommend MPV over MPC because "out of the box" it supports pretty much every file format you throw at it: video, audio, streams, you're covered.
And secondly, if you watch anything with subtitles, which a lot of people I know do heavily, the default desktop-resolution subtitles are simply a godsend compared to what you can achieve on MPC, as far as I'm aware, it has been a while since I used it.

And, a lot of the configuration can be as simple as a copy-paste into a file instead of digging through a crapload of GUI options.

I'm biased, of course, read some opinions on the contrary if you have doubts.
>>
>>54005154
clonezilla is what they use at my school
>>
>>54005154
windows sysprep to create the image, then WDS to deploy to multiple pcs.
>>
>>54005190
oh, and this.

google PXE deployment for some other solutions
>>
>>54005154
cool pant cate
>>
>>54005183
I'll install mpv and give it a try then.
I think I remember though that there aren't really any menus so all of the settings are changes in some ini file or something?
That should be pretty quick and easy right?
>>
>>54005104
If you dusted it off, and you made sure it's idle through software, then yeah just leave it alone.
Otherwise go clean it and make sure you don't have something using hardware acceleration in the background.

And if you messed with the thermal paste god save your soul, some people love doing this on GPU's, I highly advise against putting yourself through that.
>>
>>54005190
>>54005194
>>54005208
Thanks, I'll mention 3rd party as an option too.
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11 KB, 645x773
Why does my brain tell me so badly that I need to leave /g/, yet I can't manage to close the site and just refresh, refresh, refresh until something vaguely interesting comes up and I forget all the regrets for another 30 seconds of meek enjoyment through shitposting or lurking?
>>
Is there a fix for linux distros and an atheros qualcomm wifi card?
>>
>>54005101
> smart features like vlans/QoS/PoE

No clue what that stuff is so probably not. Just need it for home use for hooking up a few computers, a printer, a nas, and whatnot
>>
>>54005154
The built-in backup will just create a backup, not a bootable image.

If you had more time it would have been useful to practice on something (make an image of your PC, deploy to another or a VM)

I assume the questioning is how you take an image of an existing machine complete with configuration and software.
Look up 'sysprep' in Windows and how to create a .wim file from a sysprepped image.

This file you can then import into a tool such as a network deployment server (Windows Deployment Services) or deploy manually using imageX (Vista/7 only, not sure what its replacement was)
>>
>>54002441
how on earth do i just restore my computer to factory. system restore only lets me go back a day. if I insert a new copy of windows will it let me return to factory settings?
>>
>>54005283
why don't you just reinstall windows?
That won't get you back to factory settings but the computer will be like new.
>>
>>54005266
VLANs are a way of splitting the networking (systems plugged into ports 1-3 cant talk to those on 4-6, etc)
QoS is Quality of Service, prioritising some traffic over others such as streaming video/audio
PoE is Power over Ethernet, which as it sounds lets you both hook a device up to the network and power it from the same cat5 cable.

For your use, just ignore that lot. Get a simple metal switch from netgear, d-link, etc.
Brand differences are minimal until you start looking at those with additional features
>>
>>54005283
If on Window 8/10 you can find an option to delete all files, applications and accounts, essentially returning the OS to a brand new state under the 'Recovery' section.

For Windows 7 you would need to boot from the installation DVD (F11, F12 or DEL when booting) and when presented with a list of drives to install to, just delete them all so it installs WIndows fresh.

You may also want to enter your BIOS (DEL or F2 when booting) and select the option to restore to default settings
>>
>>54005222
You remember correctly and there is no installation, just put it somewhere and associate video files with it through Windows.

Yes, all configuration is done through the config file, but it has a graphical interface for all the basic video controls. It will "just work", you don't need to mess with the config at all.
Look up the manual for keyboard controls as well, for stuff like screenshots and moving subtitles around, playback speed, etc.
>>
>>54005308
Cool, thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160412-142451.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160412-142451.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
I FUCKED UP. I rooted via nrt, everything smooth then I decided to press the security update.

What do I press to make sure my shit goes smoothly and not brick the fuck out???
>>
What's a good launcher for android?
Need something simplistic.
>>
>>54005436
Restore from backup.
>>
>>54005269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puzk5MwK8iI
found this, thanks a bunch for the advice
>>
Considering a VPN service. What does /g/ recommend? Who should I avoid?
>>
Is there a navigation app that stores map info on the phone? I want to be able to use my old Galaxy S3 as a GPS.
>>
>>54005527

Smart Launcher is pretty minimal, give that a shot.
>>
>>54005290
>>54005347

I am using windows 7 and don't have the disks.
are there any 3rd party applications that can wing it?
>>
>>54005527
Nova is my favorite.

>>54005604
PIA is supposed to be pretty good

>>54005628
I think you can download offline maps on Google maps.

>>54005436
This is not a problem. Just check the never show again box and swipe.
DO NOT press keep read only.
>>
I just bought a notebook with Windows 10 and one thing drives me insane. The fucking scrollbar behaviour. In Win7, when I double-clicked a scrollbar to move it, the scrollbar stopped moving with my mouse as soon as I stopped pressing the left mouse button. In Win 10, the scrollbar is following the mouse for 2 additional seconds after i release the LMB. Is there a way to change this behaviour?

>inb4 "use the arrow keys faggot"
>>
>>54005702
Page up/down
:^)
>>
>>54005672
If you still have your license key for Windows you can download an iso image you can then burn to a disc or put on a USB drive at https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows7

There are third-party tools to wipe your drive but that leaves it with no OS
>>
are the new tablet/swivel laptops any good or are they mostly just gimmicks and i'd be better served getting a normal laptop?

Mostly for work, some gaming? (bits of league, a little xcom; mostly humble bundle stuff)
>>
>>54005672
There are programs that extract the key.
Then do >>54005788
>>
Best videocard for $150?
>>
I just restarted windows 8.1 machine the other say and now it has been stuck in startup repair-reboot. I made a recovery drive and I have run

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd
sfc /scannow

And it is still stuck in the boot to bluescreen to startup repair to boot

Is my machine kill? I have a spare hard drive and can rebuild if possible but I would like to get it up and running.

I could get a Linux live cd but I wouldn't know what to do with it
>>
File: Capture.jpg (107 KB, 703x648) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
107 KB, 703x648
After doing a scan with AdwCleaner, it found some registry files, are they dangerous? Should I delete them? Genesis shouldn't be adware
>>
http://pastebin.com/idbKGzmt
This prints just 38 or some other valid random number in the rand() range and nothing else. If I try to print something other than the 0th element (for example rand_keys[50]) it prints garbage values.
What's wrong? I just want to get an array with random values.
>>
What's a good graphics card for under $150

I plan to use this one right now http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zotac-video-card-zt9060110l
>>
>>54006174
just delete everything
>>
>>54002974
bump
>>
Has there been anything going on with gmail lately?Me and my friend got strange logins from Africa on 10th of April
>>
File: 1436001603439.jpg (95 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
1436001603439.jpg
95 KB, 584x600
>>54002441
Did the guy with grey hoodie just cloned himself????
dafuq m8
>>
>>54006323
No you cuck. You can early see two guys sitting down wearing the same jacket.
>>
Alright /g/ help me figure this shit out.
So my bright family realized they want to watch the movies/tv shows that i watch on the pc in the tv.
So buying a smartv is out of the option aswell connecting the pc to the tv via hmdi so i guess my only option is a chromecast or a hd media player or is there something else?
If not what would you recommend regarding the two options above?
>>
>>54006195
>>54006195
come on /dpt/ is dead, help me with my 9 lines of C code.
>>
>>54006153
if you can't fix your Windows 8.1 then your best bet would be to backup your data and reinstall. Is your personal data on a separate partition?
With your live-cd you should be able to boot into a graphical environment, open a file manager and copy your data to an external hdd or a usb stick. Also, while you're at it, you can try out that version of Linux (what is the distribution called on your live cd?) and see if you somehow like it. I'm sure /g/ would happily help you move to Linux, should you want to.
>>
>>54006350
Why is an HDMI cable out of the question?
I ran into the same situation a year ago so I just bought a really cheap thinkpad and keep it plugged into the TV all the time.
>>
>>54006350
Why not put the shows on a memory stick then watch it on the tv from that?
>>
I may be stupid, but I can't find the "hidden chat" option on Line's desktop Windows version. Anyone knows?
>>
Is there a possibility to create my own awful.layout for awesome wm? And how would I do it?
>>
>>54006350
You can buy WiFi enabled DVD players that can access Netflix and the internet.
>>
>>54006371
Distance really its like ~15 meters from the pc to the tv in question would that destroy image quality?
>>54006387
That would require the tv that plays mkv files from factory which it doesn't sadly.
>>
Trying to get Arch running on a Lenovo Y700 but the rfkill says the wifi is hard-blocked even though the on-board wan is enabled, what gives?
>>
>>54002495
sounds like a virus to me. check system processes and see whats using up all your HDD
>>
I need to convert a .flv file to .mp4, how do I do it? VLC fucking turns the whole video in grey mess.
>>
File: 1459754898624.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1459754898624.gif
1 MB, 371x209
Hey guys. I'm learning javascript on uni, and I've run with two problems on my homework.

I've made an HTML page that is supposed to make calculations of a student final grade based on two grades, if any of the two text fields is left blank, an error message should appear. Pretty simple stuff, both JS and html pages are working.

But now I'm having two issues:

1 - There is a NaN (not a number) box appearing before the error message, which I assume is because my script is checking if the value of both text field is an int. Can I hide this NaN message? Avoid it?

2 - How do I use the .toFixed command in order to correct the number of decimals?

my script is looking like this

function validaForm()
{
var a=document.forms["ex2"]["a"].value;
if (a==null || a=="")
{
alert("Erro!");
return false;
}
var b=document.forms["ex2"]["b"].value;
if (b==null || b=="")
{
alert("Erro!");
return false;
}
}

function exercicio2()
{
var a=document.getElementById("a").value;
var b=document.getElementById("b").value;

alert((parseInt(a) * 0.8) + (parseInt(b) * 0.2))
}
>>
>>54006519
ffmpeg -i vid.flv vid.mp4
>>
>>54004982
>all I know is that cisco and tp link are shit
I'm using a tp-link what's wrong with it?
>>
>>54006548
Thanks
>>
>>54006356
I have plenty of Linux machines but I need a Windows machine for work
>>
File: 1326340800915.jpg (82 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
1326340800915.jpg
82 KB, 400x301
>>54006371
I guess i could also get a ghetto ass old pc and use it for that but what would be the requirements to play 1080p properly?
>>
>>54006696
Honestly not very high requirements.
You could probably out together a $75-$100 PC that would be perfectly capable of outputting 1080p media.
>>
>>54002441
Wanting to do more desktop ricing.
Which is better?
>openbox
>blackbox
>fluxbox
Which is better and more configurable?
>>
What do you think is a necessary/convenient add on to your desktop?
For example I have a 5.25 bay that holds 4 2.5 hdds and another 5.25 that's a drawer
I'm just curious as to what other things I can stick in my case
>>
whats a good free as in free beer alternative to windows movie maker
>>
File: g9E9DYp.png (417 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
g9E9DYp.png
417 KB, 1366x768
>>54006723
heard only about openbox
so I guess whats more popular will have more stuff for it

openbox has shitload of stuff to look at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/unixporn/search?q=openbox&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

then theres fluxbox and blackbox has almost none
>>
File: IMAG0642.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0642.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Why can't I boot into the windows setup from Ubuntu? I've tried with a USB and a CD but whenever I boot from that I get this screen

>inb4 he fell for the Linux meme
>>
>>54006741
windows movie maker is free
I use VirtualDub for basic shit like cutting
>>
Does end-to-end encryption protect your logs from authorities/law?
What about the kind of hidden chat/self destructive chat you can find on some messenger apps?
>>
>>54003267
>It looks like the guy who hung onto the pole in the middle did alright
it looks like there was someone else behind them with the same sweatshirt on that pushed them into the aisle
standing is probably best though
>>
I want to get a 250GB (give or take a bit, I suppose) SSD to put Windows 7, FFXIV and other stuff on. What should I get?

If it matters, I'm in Canada.
>>
>>54006858
crucial mx200 or bx100, avoid bx200
samsung evo 850

and you should aim for 500GB if you can spare few more $, trust me on this
>>
>>54003671
>not having poles to hit in the first place
how else do you expect it to maintain structural integrity?
most of those poles are there to keep the whole bus from sandwiching itself
>>
I want to play DS3 on my bigger screen in windowed mode, but the top title bar is annoying me, is there an easy way of hiding it? I tried just pushing it outside of the view but Windows automatically pushes it back.
>>
>>54006350

Stuff like the Western Digital TV boxes support an impressively large range of formats out the box and are really easy to use.

Outside of that, You can get Atom Nettops for $120 or so and get wireless combination keypad-trackpads for about $15.
>>
>>54006892
Launch in borderless windowed mode.
There are several methods to do this, go look it up.
>>
>>54006696
not much, even a raspberry pi can do it*
*assuming it is not doing other things at the same time

a dedicated graphic card with a 1080p and HDMI out would make it much easier, but you still have to set up the software which can be tricky for less technical minded folks

you should be able to do this for under $100 if you plan it out.

Google has some HDMI streaming stick that probably does some of what you want. There are also other things on the market for this kind of stuff, but be sure to know what setup you want before getting them as they don't all work the same way.

If it is Netflix or some other big name then it will probably work. If it is movies off of your hard drive then read more carefully.
>>
>>54003324
someone debunked the 'hot air rising' airflow meme
it doesn't really do much since most cooling is done through airflow and not letting it convect itself out
but the airflow geometry of that case is much better than standard cases, even more so if you use blower gpu's, and it's especially good for water cooling
>>
>>54002441
What's the best, free, /g/-approved VM software? Virtualbox?
For running Win 7 VM in a Linux (Debian, Mint, Kubuntu) environment.
unfortunately we are required to run very proprietary software that necessitates a windows machine.
Very much thanks.
>>
>>54004982
one of those similar to that picture, but gigabit
I've got a 4 port netgear on my desk and it works nicely
>>
>>54006141
>>
>>54004982
>tp link are shit
for home use are alright and most of the routers you could even use them to share an external drive or printer.
>>
>>54006812
Anyone please? I searched for infos but I can't really find anything...
>>
>>54006535

'NaN' is its own thing and is a fucking pain in the arse.

Use isNaN(myVar) to test for if something is numerical.

use myRoundedVar=math.round(myVar) to force an int
>>
>>54006812
>>54007056
>Does end-to-end encryption protect your logs from authorities/law?
not unless you have control over the logs on both ends
>What about the kind of hidden chat/self destructive chat you can find on some messenger apps?
you can't know for sure

live under the assumption that everything is loged
>>
ok so I just downloaded mpv because someone said it was better than mpc, so I'm comparing both of them right now.

There are some presets that were posted in the last /mpv/ thread here, but I don't know where to put the text. Also, which preset should I use?
I'm thinking of just using the highest performance one.
>>
If I want to read from an old SATA drive, are there simple usb adaptors? I keep hearing about a "power source." Does that mean it needs to be powered to be read?
>>
>>54007110
Ok. Thank you!
I guess E2E and hidden chats are still the best way to communicate and keep privacy from anyone then. (on smartphones)
>>
A few random sites are very flaky for me, usually giving connection reset error (imgur and wikia being two notable sites).

Happens for every browser on my PC but not for other devices on the network which don't have the issue.

Host file is clear, virus scanner spots nothing. Any other likely causes?
>>
>>54005788
>>54005819

my friend has windows 8 on a flash drive, so i could wipe with no os and then boot from the flash drive righT? only problem is thatm ylaptop screen is cut in half and you can't get the terminal stuff to project through hdmi so im kind of blind.

I just cleaned up the fans and everythingh and now atleast my computer doesn't crash and shut itself off when loading games.
I am getting terrible fps with ds3 , I just don't understand, I could play DS2 with great frames - have they really came that far with it?
>>
>>54007143

Cheapest option is an enclosure. They'll have a USB connector and a power lead.
>>
>>54006883
Thank you. Which is better out of the MX200 and the 850 EVO? Or are they about the same?
>you should aim for 500GB if you can spare few more $, trust me on this
I'm curious to know why you say that, even if I can't spare more.
>>
>>54007174

Dark Souls 3 is a generation ahead of DS2, there's massive boost in graphics.

What's your system?
>>
File: 1459861359113.png (419 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
1459861359113.png
419 KB, 564x564
>>54006911
>mfw it worked, thanks a lot anon
>>
>>54007232

thanks for the reply, well it doesn't look that great compared to DSII

i5 3210m 2.50ghz but it has a built in overclokc feature that should put it at 3.2.

graphics are geforce 640m le

6gigs o ram
>>
File: 1459432212552.jpg (39 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1459432212552.jpg
39 KB, 374x347
If a hypervisor receives an ACPI shutdown signal, does it send it in bulk to all the virtual machines for them to gracefully shutdown before the host does?
>>
>>54007224
>Thank you. Which is better out of the MX200 and the 850 EVO? Or are they about the same?
they are about the same
MX200 is I would guess bit more reliable because its MLC and not TLC nand used and also better write speeds when writing large files

850 evo is bit faster in read and has better warranty, its more popular generally

>I'm curious to know why you say that, even if I can't spare more.
the price difference is not that large, and its faster(nand can be access in paraller, so more nand chips, more performance), last longer and gives you freedom to do whatever you want

for example mushkin 512GB starts at $140
>>
File: spex.png (4 KB, 475x71) Image search: [Google]
spex.png
4 KB, 475x71
>>54007174
>>54007281

Came here looking for help in this as well.

Here's the short of it:

>Budget gaming PC
>Can play most newer games med to high graphics
>Dark Souls 2 runs 50-60fps at high settings
>Dark Souls 3 runs at 30fps at LOWEST POSSIBLE settings PLUS lowered resolution.

Do I just need to wait for "optimization"? Is there a secret setting in my AMD Crimson bullshit software that I can check to de-ass the performance? This is the case sometimes with AMD, it seems.

MY SPECS (pic related)
AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHZ 8.00 GB
Please let me know if I can supply any more information that would help.

I really regret getting AMD, but I can't yet afford to upgrade.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>54002441
Is there a way to create an email domain that is currently already being used by another company.
>>
What is the difference between Vim and Emacs? They both seem pretty similar to me
>>
Want to start programming.

Any tips or ways of starting this?
>>
>>54007641
then keep googling
>>
got an Edimax N150 Wi-Fi Nano USB Adapter, purchased mainly because of the high Linux compatibility reviews

I have used it on several versions of Ubuntu (even same hardware, old Pentium 4) and Raspbian without trouble, signal is weak for some setups but I expected that much given the low power draw and tiny antenna.

Now I have problems with it on Debian 8.3 (doing a light install). At boot up I got two errors message something about wireless hardware, but only when the usb is plugged in. After trouble shooting for awhile I get non-free realtek packages installed and those errors go away. But the setup still doesn't see any wireless options under LXDE network manager.

any suggestions?
>>
>>54007648
python or javascript

python can do loads of stuff and is easy to learn
javascript allows you to play with your web browser few days after gettign some knowledge, improving how you use the web

keep learning, keep doing programming challenges so that you are using the language and also learning shit as you are trying ti get solution

https://www.codeeval.com/
>>
what is the deal with bitlocker on windows 7, google is inconclusive on this
some places say that only enterprise and ultimate has bitlocker, other places say everything except for home has it so what's the deal
>>
>>54007541

GPU would be helpful too

The game is very CPU intensive, far more so than Dark Souls 2, and that's a very weak CPU.

Could try a bit of overclocking, but you're probably going to have to settle for 30fps.
>>
>>54002441

so is now the time to assemble a computer?

What's the scoop? whats the timeline?
>>
File: vivsemacs.png (35 KB, 714x447) Image search: [Google]
vivsemacs.png
35 KB, 714x447
>>54007641
Had the same question and after googling I came to the understanding that

Vim is very widely used as an editor, which is a very useful tool for many things. More powerful then simple editors like notepad, but has a steep learning curve.

Emacs is another editor, but it has grown into somethings so complex and powerful it can arguably replace a desktop environment or OS at a fraction of the resources. Much more powerful, but it is insane to learn.
Also Emacs has "evil mode" which mimics Vim, "org mode" which was made to organize task but has become a starting point for so much more, "w3m" yes even a basic web browser with image support running at near terminal level, and even has a competitive IDE plug in.

People have called me insane for trying to start with Emacs, but given how powerful it is I figure I would just start smashing my head into the wall now rather then later. On a side note Vim is has very centralized development compared to Emacs so I bet Vim will have more forking a decay in the next decade or two.
>>
File: file.png (39 KB, 691x170) Image search: [Google]
file.png
39 KB, 691x170
I'm trying to convert this BNF grammar into a series of recursive functions. So far I've got everything done correctly except for Aop, Expr, and Term.

I'm wondering if I'm thinking about this correctly. Is my Expr & Term function right? I think my Aop is ok, but I'm unsure.

http://pastebin.com/qMB8h8vE
>>
So I fucked up quite bad.

I tried installing a modded BIOS (dunno kf you heard of ozmosis) on an asus motherboard, using AFUDOS. Initially I thought I was lucky enough that the system was booting just fine. After a few more tries, shit got stuck into the asus logo and nothing, absolutely nothing will work. It just restarts itself when it detects an USB drive with BIOS files, rather than load crashfree. Won't respond to any other keys except esc which supposedly disables this ozmosis thing, but it gets stuck on a red screen. Clearing CMOS does basically nothing.

So I'm accepting my defeat. Which motherboard would be cheap but decent for an i5 4460, DDR3 memory and some r9 280x?
>>
>install botnet version 7 from a legit ISO in addition to Debian because wine failed me
>first time it decided to create a NTFS boot partition on my 2TB ext4 storage drive
>what the fuck
>restore superblock with testdisk and fsck
>reinstall with the drive temporarily removed, seems to work fine
>install updates and shutdown computer
>reconnect drive and reinstall grub
>boot into Debian after that, disk working
>boot into Windows, everything seems normal
>boot into Debian, NTFS on the fucking drive again
What the fuck is going on? I used a legitimate x64 iso and Daz Loader, md5 checked and all.
>>
>>54007876
Sure go ahead. You can probably get a decent Skylake build now. Don't wait for Zen unless you're poor or actually need MOAR COREZ for some reason. . GPU's you can wait I suppose, although the initial releases don't look that promising. I have a feeling waitfags are going to be waiting for some time. If you find a decent GPU for a good price buy it, who cares.
>>
>>54008011
it's just windows being dicks, ditch your current install and use a vm
>>
>>54008011
Also, nobody else on the Internet seems to have this problem or Google is just hiding it. This is really fucking weird.
>>
>>54005679
Does that mean I can safely do a security update? I'm actually not sure if I have ROM or TWRP, I'm new to this as hell.
>>
>>54008011
Are you dealing with a BIOS (old way) or EFI (new way)? It can make a difference, as some of the EFI stuff just seems to hate Linux

I just did everything in FAT32, lost some newer features but it worked for most of what I do.
>>
>>54008062
I need low latency and my computer isn't the best. I've tried.
>>
>>54008076
the menu you are in is TWRP, so you successfully installed that. If it's your first time seeing that (which it sounds like it is) then you do not have a custom rom yet, but you're just on rooted stock.
If you want a custom rom download it, reformat the device, flash the rom in twrp, and then clear dalvik cache/cache.
>>
>>54002441
>dbus has crashed
>>
>>54008090
It uses a very common AMI BIOS. I'm confused to why this would happen without any notice. This time it didn't even bother to change the partition table, it was still 0x83 but mount found NTFS on it anyways. testdisk/wipefs/fsck did the trick for restoring it, but I'm still lost to what the cause is for it. I guess I can just unplug the drive whenever I need to use Windows, but I'd rather avoid that route.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160413-074332.png (102 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160413-074332.png
102 KB, 1080x1920
How do I increase the availability on a torrent
>>
Can anyone help me draw a shifting and rotating pentagram, which changes colours in assembly
>>
>>54002441
there's a squeaking noise coming from my pc which I have singled out as the power supply fan. can I alleviate this by lubricating the bearing or do I need a new fan?
>>
>>54008039
>>54008039

do you think I could play some decent games for a while with a 500-700 dollar budget?
>>
>>54008190
I don't know, but given the increasing number of headaches I have with these things, my next computer is going to have physically dedicated drives for each OS.

I remember when I just put everything under GRUB and it worked.
>>
gingerbread android asks to press a button to set the phone on usb mode when you connect it to the computer, but the touchscreen is dead. how can i connect it then? need to get files out.
>>
>>54008251
>assembly
What arch and OS if any? I could spoonfeed a whole program but it might be useless to you.
>>
is it possible to get curl or wget to find the path to a videostream using a wildcard? Since the adress for the stream changes each day.
>>
>>54008340
I'm using DosBox and 8086 assembly language, basically do a lot of shapes that shift, rotate and change colour(kinda like Microsoft screen saver logo)
>>
If the 720p and 1080p versions of the same episode are very similar in size, and both are encoded by the same people, then is it safe to assume that the 720p will be of a better quality since the 1080p would be hella bitstarved to be a similar filesize?
>>
>>54007923
Thank you.
>>
File: sad bird.png (7 KB, 613x556) Image search: [Google]
sad bird.png
7 KB, 613x556
What's the best way to organize my files? I'm talking about pictures, videos, ebooks, sound files that are messily spread over 4 HDs and amount about 1 TB. Any software that might help me?
>>
>>54008465
The 1080p file will look sharper in slower scenes (but the color reproduction might not be as good as the 720p encode)

The 720p file will definitely look better in fast scenes and would have less ringing, banding and blocking.
>>
>>54008313
You probably won't play any brand new AAA games on decent settings or framerates, you'd need a $1000 PC for that. You could play most games from two years ago or so pretty easily though. Maybe a GTX 960/R9 285 or something and an unlocked Haswell. If you can afford an i5-6600k though I'd recommend it though just for DDR4 RAM.
>>
>>54008465
Depends, is it a SHAFT anime or not?
>>
>>54008622

Sounds good. are gaming monitors a rip?
>>
File: wth.png (70 KB, 862x654) Image search: [Google]
wth.png
70 KB, 862x654
looked all over the inetrnet and im stumped

when i hold any key it toggles up and down presses really fast and i have literally no clue why

this makes videogames literally unplayable due to constant starting and stoping which makes my playermodel stutter

do you lads have any idea how to fix this
>>
>>54007728

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

Hope this helps
>>
>>54008726
Most 1080p/60Hz monitors are passable, there's enough competition. The only time when you have to worry about getting ripped off are upper end monitors because of lack of competition, 1440p/144Hz especially. Just look for 5 ms or less (1ms if you want to do competitive FPS or something) response time and read reviews for complaints of ghosting. Don't buy a 1080p over 23 in. or so it's probably a waste.
>>
Why are wired connections being forcibly phased out? My mom's wifi's not even that great yet if i want to let my mom hook up her tablet and phone to a TV I have to get a Chromecast or Amazon Fire.
>>
File: somestuff.png (644 KB, 1770x1482) Image search: [Google]
somestuff.png
644 KB, 1770x1482
I'm trying to make a modal using jQueryUI where the objects can rotate around. I can't for the life of me get the fucking math right though and it's frustrating me to no end.

selectcircle.click(function(){
var circleindex = $(this).index()-1;
var centerindex;
console.log(circleindex);
});
linkmoddet.each(function (index){
if ($(this).hasClass('moddetcenter'))
{
centerindex = $(this).index();
console.log("the center is index #"+centerindex);
}
//This is where I keep fucking up.
var i = centerindex - circleindex + $(this).index();
var newi;

if (i <= -1)
{
i += moddetids.length-1;
console.log(i, newi);
$(this).switchClass(classes[i],classes[newi]);
console.log("The modlet is #"+i+" the class it has is "+classes[newi+classes.length-1]+" and now it has the class "+classes[newi]);
}
if (i >= classes.length)
{
newi = i - classes.length;
console.log(i, newi);
$(this).switchClass(classes[i],classes[newi]);
console.log("The modlet is #"+i+" the class it has is "+classes[newi+classes.length-1]+" and now it has the class "+classes[newi]);
}
else
{
$(this).switchClass(classes[i], classes[$(this).index()]);
console.log("The modlet is #"+$(this).index()+" the class it has is "+classes[i]+" and now it has the class "+classes[i]);
}
console.log($(this));
});
});
>>
>>54002495
This happened to me, two weeks later it totally crashed and refused to boot. I thought the Hdd was dead but I was able to recover my files using a linux recovery USB. Theres two things that can cause 100% hdd usage for seemingly no reason:
- Corrupted windows.
- Bad sector develops on your hdd, Windows 8 and later automatically tries to move data from failing sectors onto safe parts of the Hdd, if it can't complete that then it keeps trying over and over, sticking you into a 100% hdd usage cycle.

Either way the solution is to backup all your data and reinstall windows from scratch. Don't worry about finding your license key, laptops save it and when you put in the windows USB/disc it will automatically fill the box. If you get other signs of a failing hdd like funny noises or continued 100% usage after reinstalling windows then you need to replace the hard drive
>>
>>54007962
Most asus motherboards have a specific USB port that you need to put the stick in to flash the bios, are you sure you're using the right one?
>>
>>54007143
Most USB standards can't provide enough power
>>
>>54005807
Are you ever going to be in a situation where having a tablet is appreciably better than just having a laptop?

If no, ignore the swivel screen gimmicks
>>
>>54004878
They will so long as they're packed correctly. Video codec and subtitle format are totally independent.
>>
>>54005063
N/A, Passmark far overvalues having lots of threads and integer performance compared to what actual games use.
>>
What's a good graphics card for under $150

I plan to use this one right now http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zotac-video-card-zt9060110l
>>
>>54009723
Define "good"
>>
>>54009798
Something that can run games the best within my price range.
>>
>>54008962
Because people don't like wires.

If you've got a laptop with no ethernet, get a USB ethernet adapter. They are pretty cheap and work well.

Also don't buy the cheapest router. I got a high end Asus router and have no wireless issues anymore. Also where you place the router has a big influence on reception.
>>
>>54009831
Well the integrated graphics can run games, so what are your performance expectations when you run games?
>>
>>54009859
I wan't to be able to run PS1 emulators for sure, and want to play MGSV at low or mid settings for sure.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.