[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, whose fucking bright idea was it to design this shit? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 20
File: fire-phone-sim-card-size.jpg (54 KB, 518x338) Image search: [Google]
fire-phone-sim-card-size.jpg
54 KB, 518x338
Okay, whose fucking bright idea was it to design this shit? What reason is there for a fucking SIM CARD to be this small? Who the hell asked for this? You don't USE a sim card. You INSERT IT INTO YOUR PHONE. Why the hell is changing the card supposed to be a pain? You could easily just make it something large, or simply being able to insert it inside the phone like a pop-in, pop-out, or NOT MAKE A SHITTY TRAY TO SOMEHOW MAYBE PUT THE CARD IN. Who's the asshole who made that tray, because I really hope they got fired. They deserve to be fired. Nobody with the IQ higher than 4 could look at a design like this and think it's a good idea. It's practically impossible to insert the card in the tray then finally in the phone. I really hope this piece of shit design gets banned somehow and give us something that's actually PRACTICAL or CONVENIENT. I don't care how many couple bucks you want to save for your multi-million dollar company. It's not going to hurt your product to make these things a couple inches bigger. Maybe if you lose the shitty tray you'll break even.
>>
hey guys how do you put it in the tray?
>>
Stupid fuck. It's really easy. Maybe your hands are not precise enough, ape.
>>
>>53959510
What's your design to replace a sim tray then smart guy?
>>
>>53959575
>not reading the imagename

It's the Amazon Fire Phone. A terrible phone, btw

>>53959566
I would PAY to be able to see how to actually put this in. Everyone always just says "put it in" in guides that are literally titled "how to insert".
>>
File: patrick_stupid.gif (14 KB, 266x394) Image search: [Google]
patrick_stupid.gif
14 KB, 266x394
>>53959510
Nice autism OP
>>
File: U-Mad-Bro.jpg (60 KB, 400x354) Image search: [Google]
U-Mad-Bro.jpg
60 KB, 400x354
>>53959510
>>
>>53959510
you might be literally retarded
did your mother have you tested when you were younger?
>>
File: 1460218191092.jpg (61 KB, 592x344) Image search: [Google]
1460218191092.jpg
61 KB, 592x344
>whose fucking bright idea was it to design this shit
the credit card companies
>>
>>53959667
she can't fit it either. We're just used to inserting cards like cameras or computers and such: Just pop it in and it's locked. Shockingly convenient.
>>
>>53960026
Well fuck them.
>>
>>53959510
most people around these parts think that smaller == better, for components that you dont often interact with
>>
OP what are you fucking on? You pop the sim card in and that's it. no "easy to get out" because if you pop it out by accident you lose your fucking signal. It shouldn't be something easy to remove because of that but also because you shouldn't need to hot swap sim cards.

holy shit OP you're are literally retarded.
>>
>>53960192
>You pop the sim card in
no you don't because the tray won't hold it
>>
>>53960225
jesus retard-kun, there is one orientation that the sim card fits in the tray, see how the corner is clipped off? its made that way so that you dont even have to think, which for some of us is clealry a good thing
>>
Just take it to a shop then they do it for free you fucking autist.
>>
>>53960256
still won't hold. I match the corners right, yet it's still extremely loose.
>>
>>53959510
Sorry I don't use fruit products so I don't have a tray to deal with in the first place, works just like a microSD slot behind my battery cover.
>>
>>53960312
okay im going to guide you through this anon

it will be okay

hold my hand and we'll get through this together

align the clipped off corner carefully with the diagonal corner of the tray

now remove your skirt and underwear, you can leave your shoes on if you like, but id prefer for you to have bare feet

maybe now you could shiver a little, maybe tell me you are nervous

gaze into my eyes, dont say a word as i trail my hand up your milky thigh

be frightened, this is important, i want to feel how nervous you are to be touched like this

breathe in right as my fingers brush your untouched cunny

we will pause here, for what feels like an eternity, we both know that its wrong, but we both want this

i know you are scared, it excites me more

dont say anything as my fingers inch closer to you

stare into my eyes

panic now, you are too frightened, you are so young after all, you know this is wrong, you know i shouldnt be touching you like this

let me

dont fight me, i could overpower you easily, dont make me take this from you

a single tear builds up at the corner of your eye as my finger slides inside your untouched pusssy

it hurts, squirm, try to stop my hand, even though you know that i wont stop

cry a little, it makes me harder to see you cry

i always want them to cry

you want to back out now, it feels funny, it hurts, you dont like this anymore

but i have done this before, i know when you are going to try to stop me, im ready for you

i pick up your tiny body, you dont know what is happening and stop struggling for a moment, that's the moment i needed to get a good grip of you

on the bed now, face down, i didnt let go, i still have you, you cant move your head up with my hand holding it down, you can barely breathe, the mattress is almost suffocating you
>>
>>53960312
but you can still hear me, you can still hear my belt unbuckle, you know something bad is gong to happen, you know you cant stop me, but you still try to scream, and thrash about with your tiny hands and feet.

im almost crushing you, in one hand i have both of your thin wrists, my grip hurts, but not as much as my knees hurt on the back of your calves

im coming closer, im right on top of you now, and you can feel me against your tiny pussy

why is this happening to you? why did god pick you for this? you trusted me, why am i hurting you?

right as you heave with another sob, i push my head into you, it doesnt fit, but you wont stop me, i have you all to myself now, i try pushing in again, and you try to scream out again

again, and again, each time it opens you more

and again, and this time it slides in, ripping your hymen, you can feel wetness

maybe an inch, it slides in

an inch and a half

two inches

two whole inches

my entire cock is inside you now, my flabby panus draped across your back, my disgusting stench, one of my rough hands covers your mouth as i pull your face up out of the mattress, i slide out an inch

i want to see your eyes as i plunge into you again

and again

your tearstreaked cheeks turn me on even more, and i thrust harder

oh god the pain, why

im ramming you now, and let my hand off your mouth as i start pumping as hard as i can

"...no" you manage

right as i burst inside you, spilling my wretched cum inside you
>>
File: 1428607489421.png (1 MB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
1428607489421.png
1 MB, 1000x1400
>>53960030
This is a good idea
>>
>>53960490
I want that phone.
>>
File: oreimo-kirino-embarrassed.png (1 MB, 961x888) Image search: [Google]
oreimo-kirino-embarrassed.png
1 MB, 961x888
>>53960724
>>53960737

l-lewd....
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737
When you started I thought you were going to help him, not to tell him how to install nvidia drivers
>>
>>53959626
Kill yourself
>>
File: 180px-WHY.jpg (11 KB, 180x312) Image search: [Google]
180px-WHY.jpg
11 KB, 180x312
>>53960879
commiting sudoku is no option
>>
>>53959510
>buying garbage phones
>expecting anything but garbage
XD
>>
>>53959510
muh thin fone
>>
>>53959575
No sim tray is the best sim tray
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/embedded-sim-cards-apple-samsung-gsma/
>>
>>53961387

selling a phone with an embedded sim card is a pain.

remove sim card = no hassle with service provider.
>>
Why can't SIM cards work like SD cards?
>>
File: 6.jpg (46 KB, 379x417) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
46 KB, 379x417
>>53960724
>>53960737
Jesus take the wheel...
>>
File: 1451038997871.jpg (25 KB, 390x478) Image search: [Google]
1451038997871.jpg
25 KB, 390x478
>>53960724
>>53960737
>>
File: (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
7 KB, 180x180
>>53960724
>>53960737
just saying this would be hotter if you were fucking a cute guy
>>
Why is a SIM card even needed at all?

You should just be able to go into your phone's settings, select your carrier and enter your phone number. Then the phone would send a signal to that carrier saying it's requesting to be the phone associated with number x. Then you go to your carrier's website, log in and it would say e.g. "such and such iPhone requested to be associated with your number" and you could approve it or not.

If you misplace your phone, just go to the carrier website and unlink it. If you get a new phone, just do the settings for it, go to the carrier website and link it and unlink your old phone.
>>
File: oh_my.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
oh_my.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>53960724
>>53960737
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737
Beautiful. This needs to be the default response to shit threads.
>>
>>53959510
>Okay, whose fucking bright idea was it to design this shit?
Apple. Literally Apple.
>>
File: untitled.png (199 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
199 KB, 500x281
>>53960737
>>53960724
Lewd.
>>
>>53966723
Alto-hime best girl.
Sheryl best boy.
>>
>>53959510
There's no point in sim cards anyways, not today anyways. They should just be replaced with a login/sign up portal that shows all mobile operators and their plans.
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737
Why did you double enter every line? This isn't reddit you mongoloid
>>
>>53960737
Holy fuck anon.
>>
>>53959510
They constantly need to change stuff so people constantly feel like buying a new product.
It's newer, it's smaller, so it must be better and you must have it.
>>
Why the fuck do we even need sim cards in 2016+0?
>>
File: 1459300904088.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1459300904088.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>53960762
>MFW when your sim card goes flying through the air and gets lost somewhere like down the nearest gutter drain.

But I think you are right it should be made easier. My tray (Moto Droid Turbo 2) is TERRIBLE. If you take the card out and put it in more than a couple of times it damages the card. I had this issue when I had a corrupted MicroSD card and tried removing and re-inserting the tray a couple of times. It destroyed the SIM card.
>>
>>53962995
To prevent hacking phones for freebies.
>>
>>53960127
>make SIM smaller to take advantage of remaining space
>use the remaining space with a tray mechanism to insert the SIM
>buh now i gotta charge moar $ becaus muh improving
A P P L E
P
P
L
E
>>
>>53959510
>being this assmad about having huge gorilla hands.

Maybe Technology isn't for you OP.
>>/out/
>>
>>53959510
>What reason is there for a fucking SIM CARD to be this small?
What reason is there to make it any bigger than it needs to be? You stick it in once and forget it. Any excess space it occupies is space that can't be used for other components. Smaller parts = more compact phone.

>Who the hell asked for this?
Everyone who wants the smallest, thinnest, lightest phone without sacrificing features or power.

>You don't USE a sim card. You INSERT IT INTO YOUR PHONE. Why the hell is changing the card supposed to be a pain?
You just answered your own question. Why does it need to be super easy? You do it ONCE, and if you're too ignorant/stupid/inept to do it yourself, the guy at the phone store will happily do it for you.
>>
>>53959599
>I would PAY to be able to see how to actually put this in. Everyone always just says "put it in" in guides that are literally titled "how to insert".
You have a slot. You have a thing. Put thing to slot and J-J-JAM IT IN. If it doesn't go, you probably have it turned the wrong way around, didn't fully insert the SIM in it, or put it in the wrong way around.
>>
Flashable built in SIM cards when?
>>
>>53962995
There's more to it than just a phone number. There's a couple longer identifiers and a key. The card can also carry contacts, which was mildly useful before smartphones and Google account sync. Yes, they could require typing the various identifiers in instead, but it's a lot easier to have a SIM card than to type in a bunch of long hex strings when setting up a phone or moving to a new one. It really cuts down on the setup time as well as support calls that boil down to someone fat-fingering one of the long numbers.

It also makes it a lot harder to clone and have 2 phones when you're paying for service for one.
>>
>>53974447
When you drop GSM and come to CDMA. CDMA already has a SIM-less approach similar to what you seem to want -- as a result, if you want to move from one phone to another, you either do it through your carrier or you're in for a fun ride flashing radio firmware parameters.
>>
You set it in the tray then you slide the tray into the phone stupid i installed mine no issue sorry you are retarded
>>
>>53959510
>be a fresly hired freshly graduate tech engineer
>didn't come up with anything in 2 months
>come up with bullshit "let's make something tiny even tinier" idea to cover your ass
>pitch it to meeting full of high management people who don't understand shit about technology, bombarding them with buzzwords and sophisms about how smaller is obviously better and how the young people will love it
>they all pretend you're a genius because they have no idea what they're doing here
>it gets marketed
>SIM card that's about one milimetre thinner becomes the new standard
>all phones currently on the market become suddenly obsolete
>the entire population puts their thumb up their ass and go "gneeeeeeh hehehe it's smaller so it's better LOL", saying "LOL" phonetically
>my hatred for the universe grows stronger
>>
>>53967413
And what if you don't have a data plan? Fucking retard
>>
To save space, dumbass. How often do you replace you sim card that this is such an issue? I've never had as much issue as you're apparently having
>>
File: Illias.jpg (141 KB, 512x450) Image search: [Google]
Illias.jpg
141 KB, 512x450
>>53975560
you forgot to tip your fedora you buttmad permavirgin
>>
>>53976419
you're misusing that meme you memelord
>>
>>53972688
Haha.

>Reason for making SIM smaller?
Well, probably to make it so you can have it take up less space internally.
But let's be honest, that's just the excuse.
It's so you'll have to go to your carrier when you switch to a newer phone, perpetuating their involvement and annoyance.
They changed it to change it, to make it 'new'. It's pretty retarded, but that's the price of 'innovation'.

The old mini-SIMs or whatever were pretty big considering they're huge compared to a microSD, but the new nano-SIMs are just too fucking small. And not significantly smaller than the micro-SIMs they replaced. Just enough to be inconvenient. It's all just bullshit and marketing.
>>
>>53960737
>two whole inches
>my entire cock

If you're gonna write erotica you need an Adonis. 6/10, could also use better formatting
>>
>>53976782
The original SIM cards were the same size as a credit-card.
Getting the size of components down is what production engineering does.
>>
File: sim-sizes.jpg (18 KB, 365x231) Image search: [Google]
sim-sizes.jpg
18 KB, 365x231
>>53978223
It's just a chip in a plastic card. There's no engineering behind removing some of the plastic around it.

I can almost understand micro-sim, almost. I can imagine that maybe, those few square milimetres it saves compared to mini-sim have been useful to engineer some mobile devices. Possibly.

But nano-sim?

There was no reason for that.

You don't create a new standard without having a good reason for it. It makes things complicated for everyone.

Next thing you know they'll invent a new format of flash memory card that is absolutely impossible to safely hold between your thumb and index, because it will get lost in your skin pores.
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737

Ho Lee Shit
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 386x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 386x300
>Nokia 5230
>you need a pencil/stylus to remove the sim card
But yes, saving a millimeter per side isn't really worth it
>>
>>53960737
>two whole inches
Kek
>>
>i don't like thing, ban it because of my feelings

No.
>>
>>53959510
I have literally never once had trouble with this OP
>>
I dunno, I got a Motorola phone that has a spring loaded sim card slot under the back cover so mine works fine.
>>
>>53959510
What reason is there for your penis being in milimeters scale?
>>
File: 1407661465518.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1407661465518.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>53959510
>muh american sausage fingers
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737
idk why I got a boner reading this
>>
>>53960737
>two whole inches
>my entire cock is inside you now
that's just embarrasing
>>
File: put it in.jpg (42 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
put it in.jpg
42 KB, 600x900
>>53980701
I know why you did anon
>>
>>53980599
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>53981318
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>53960724
>>53960737
L-lewd
>>
>>53965348
>Apple. Literally Apple.
SIM cards were around long before Tony Fadell got Jobs interested in a PMP. The phone companies have a big say in the design of Subscriber Identification Modules.
>>
>>53972688
>A P P L E
Why?
It's not like they are dominant in the phone business, according to every Android user ever.
It's not like Apple is the only one with nano-SIMs, is it? Android can make a phone slim enough to benefit from a smaller SIM, can't they?
Is there a particular reason why they should be the size of credit cards like they used to be?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.