[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why Debian developers are SJWs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 1457008405966.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457008405966.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
Can someone explain to me why Debian developers are SJWs?
>>
just another shilling false info on /g, the neckbeards forum
>>
Debian has bigger problem than SJWs
>>
>>53950475
T-they are? Sauce on this please, I need to know if I should wipe my servers' system or not.
>>
They moved in after the overlord of debian comited sudoku.
>>
>more devs than any distro
>1000+
>all must be SJW

kill yourself op
>>
>>53951046
>overlord of debian
>>
>>53950506
Nothing wrong with Debian if you ignore the stupid "muh gamergate SJW" memes. Debian is rock solid in stable, and stable enough for desktop use in testing. Debian was never about cutting edge packages, and anyone who wants that uses Arch.
>>
>>53951021
>Being this much of a fucking tool

Be real with me here
Suppose this claim is true (which it isn't)
Would that REALLY make you instantly dismiss the operating system you've been using and enjoying on your servers?
Jesus christ man, what age are you again?
>>
>>53951444
I don't support bullshit and I especially don't support political correctness. Debian is nice but also a distribution like any other, it's not like I'm not going to be able to find an alternative.
>>
>>53951484
Oh okay, you're 12. Gotcha
>>
>>53951503
Classic.
>>
>>53950475
>>53951021
https://wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
>>
>>53951785
>having communication standards for a large development team

I fucking can't stand SJW but come on wtf is this shit. Yeah they may refer to it as "leader follower" instead of "master slave", but there are far worse SJW out there

Anyone else use Debian as primary desktop OS?
>>
>>53951833
I was thinking about it but no more. The fact that they get pissy about such non issues is a gigantic red flag.
>>
>>53951833
There's a difference between standard corporate communication standards and fucking
>On privilege and what we can do about it
>there are far worse SJW out there
The existence of something worse does not make this acceptable.
>>
File: 1446706139247.gif (101 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
1446706139247.gif
101 KB, 800x473
>>53951833
>geek feminism wiki policy
>>
>>53951833
>Anyone else use Debian as primary desktop OS?
Of course. I use testing and compile whenever I need bleeding edge.
>>
>>53950475
Can someone explain to me why does OP use meme words such as "SJW"?
>>
>>53951098
No, I use Fedora for that. And CentOS for servers. Apt a shit and debian are all hippies. That old fuck that is famous for Debian wears a tie dye shirt for crying out loud.
>>
>>53951098
>everyone who dislikes SJW is gamergate
>memes, implying official support for SJWs isn't demonstrable.
pls.
>>
The debian fags are always the ones at Linus talks asking questions like "How can we bring more miniorities and women into free software?" And linus says that they're idiots and the question is meaningless and they start booing because debian users are all SJWs.
>>
>muh SJW bogeymen!
JFC look at yourself, you're even worse than fucking normies and their pedo terrorists
>>
>>53952401
Bogeymen aren't real.
Debian's anti-harassment policy and 'women' policy (extant since 2004!) are all too real.
>>
>>53951098
systemd isnt stable
>>
>>53952433
>women are bad and everything concerning women is bad!
>>>/r9k/
Fucking retards I swear
>>
>>53952433
In what form have they been extant for that long?
>>
>>53952433
So you believe that women don't deserve to be Debian developers? You believe that it's all right to harass developers of a public project?
>>
File: 984869615614.jpg (32 KB, 505x356) Image search: [Google]
984869615614.jpg
32 KB, 505x356
>>53952433
And histrionic regressive cunts like you are the reason they even need a fucking anti harrassment policy.

I mean, seriously, if they could just say "don't be jerks to each other" and that's it, that's all they would say. But most tech types are so fucking socially inept they don't realize that telling a woman "I like your tits and want to fondle them" You say "don't say that, you're being a jerk" they say "no, I'm not! you're being the jerk! It was a compliment!!"

So they have to write these fucking diatribes to try to explain how it is jerkishness to do certain things, and that certain jerkish behaviors have been considered "normal" for so long that it's impossible for normal people to even tell that they're jerks.

Now people are so die-hard about being jerks that they point to people saying "this is being a jerk" and call them jerks.

I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>53952503
>women are bad and everything concerning women is bad!
Women are fine, pissing away resources on chasing them down to up the numbers is not.
>>53952504
As a sub-project (The creatively named Debian Women) who "seek to balance and diversify the Debian Project"
>>53952558
>Being apathetic to the number of women involved, taking no account of gender = anti-women
>Believing taking your anti-harassment policies from the geek feminism wiki and suggesting reading about privilege on the anti-harassment page is stupid = pro-harassment, instead of taking issue with the policy in place.
>>
>>53952591
>and that certain jerkish behaviors have been considered "normal" for so long that it's impossible for normal people to even tell that they're jerks.
get the fuck over it faggot
>>
>>53952591
> But most tech types are so fucking socially inept they don't realize that telling a woman "I like your tits and want to fondle them" You say "don't say that, you're being a jerk" they say "no, I'm not! you're being the jerk! It was a compliment!!"
Yes, I'm sure that's what mansplaining is.

>Tell another man his code is shit, it's fine or drama is started indirectly over the merits of the code
>Tell a woman her code is shit, you're taking advantage of your masculinity and since she suffers systematic oppression you should have actually fumbled around trying to gently hint that her code isn't quite good enough, or even just accepted it even though it's shit because if you reject her code she'll leave the community, reducing the already small number of women in open source and serving as a further discouragement to future women's involvement, all because you had to treat her like a regular human being instead of recognizing institutional oppression tracking back to before written history.
>>
>>53952673
I'll even stick on here, if your policy is to fumble around with pretend politeness, that's fine, but you can fuck right off with the unequal treatment. Either everyone has to waste time on it to everyone, or nobody does.
>>
>>53952615
Don't respond to bait. "We need the anti-harassment policy because people criticize the harassment policy," is begging the question.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLHVCHN4f8

The tie dye guy is a debian developer. And listen to the questions about diversity and harassment (flame wars) from debian users.
>>
ironically most of the anti-harassment shit is "don't reference 'wives' because it presumes the reader is male" than actual harassment.

it should really be a language policy (i can't remember what they're called, i think a lot of newspapers have them - preferred terms and such.) or something, not lumped in with harassment.
>>
>>53951484
FreeBSD just made it clear it is anti-sjw by cutting ties with the blue whale, replace all your debian servers with FreeBSD
>>
>>53952722
Got any timestamps? I don't have 50 minutes
>>
>>53952768
Will look into it, thanks.
>>
>>53952768
>FreeBSD just made it clear it is anti-sjw by cutting ties with the blue whale, replace all your debian servers with FreeBSD
ok m8 https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
>>
>>53952732
It's normally the type of thing contained in a in-house style guide.
>>
>>53952848
That was written specifically to kick blue whale out.

No read that with the knowledge that it is meant to curb sjw crybullies.
>>
>>53951046
>>
>>53952591
>regressive
speak for yourself. I hate SJWs because they occupy my side of the political spectrum and my political interests (rights of disadvantaged groups), but fuck it up with horrible policy.
>>
>>53952848
nothing in there is SJW. it's a pretty copy/paste code of conduct (most of them ban "discrimination", because most rational people understand that means "no 'WHITES ONLY' signs" not "master/slave as terminology is triggering me, i have a black slave for a headmate."
>>
>>53952955
I hate SJWs because they made being a leftist the same as being retarded. Bring back Lenin's USSR!
>>
File: Strawman.jpg (366 KB, 1054x1500) Image search: [Google]
Strawman.jpg
366 KB, 1054x1500
>>53952591
That's a nice straw man you have there
>>
>>53952938
>was hoping his suicide would 'change things'
>three months later and he's already forgotten

Lol
>>
File: 23.jpg (90 KB, 960x831) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
90 KB, 960x831
>>53951833
>>
>>53950475
You see, there isn't a company behind Debian as it's community driven. That means stupid fuckers got a chance to raise their voice, so SJW try to get heard there.
Hint : they don't. And since they can't get dat nice corporate money from Debian, they usually don't stay.
Better look for REHL and Gnome if you want SJW in GNU/Linux.
>>
File: polfag in disguise.jpg (175 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
polfag in disguise.jpg
175 KB, 1024x887
>>53953881
>hurr durr
>>
>>53954015
as much as >>53953881
is a shit image, it's hardly relevant here. there is no /pol/ OS

(hi, i hate that image, but don't you think the other version is just as bad? ever notice how that image is always posted...)
>>
>>53950475
because they're stupid, same reason anyone else would be a SJW
>>
That's why I use OpenBSD.

Linux and GNU are full of leftists.
>>
>>53954854
What would you consider the OpenBSD crowd?
>>
>>53954854
Not all leftists are SJWs.

I can ignore economic views, they are unlikely to surface in discussion - but social views like those of an SJW are very likely to surface in software discussion.

For example a leftist who's pro gay marriage - well, why would I be discussing marriage? it's not going to come up.
But when you have the kind who believe in shit like "mansplaining" you're fucked.
>>
>>53954939
>What would you consider the OpenBSD crowd?
Theo de Raadt is the Anti-SJW, he's 'worse' than Linus.
>>
>>53953792
The guy nigged out on the cops and got what he deserved.
>>
>Falling for the SJW meme
Just grow up
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.