[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: photo.jpg (51 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
51 KB, 900x900
What does /g/ think of this guy?
>>
>>53941588
I would lick his butthole.
>>
>>53941588
I'd buy an iMac
>>
>>53941588
Embodies every stereotype of the "XTREME GAYMAR" that only cares about specs/benchmarks/FPS and doesn't give a single shit about how any of the overpriced shit he owns actually works.
>>
>>53941755
What is the problem with that? If I am looking for hardware, I am interested in the opinion on guys like him.
>>
He's both an idiot and a shill.
>>
File: linus fuck up your pc tips.webm (151 KB, 926x660) Image search: [Google]
linus fuck up your pc tips.webm
151 KB, 926x660
>>
I like scrapyard wars, and I'll listen to WAN if I'm just farming in video games or browsing 4chan. Polite sage for the rest of the board because this is either a shill thread, or a troll thread.
>>
The only thing I like from him is the "Scrapyard Wars" episodes.
>>
>>53941864
keked
>>
He's sorta smart and really dumb at the same time, somehow.

I have no idea why it looks like he runs a fucking corporation with a dozen employees just to make YouTube videos. YouTubers 10x the size of him do shit themselves.
>>
>>53941588
We had a thread about it yesterday.
Basically he's just a dumb label reader, he was just a guy working in NCIX and started to do "reviews".
He has no education in basic math/physics let alone any STEM degree. Not sure if I want to receive "tech tips" from a guy like that
>>
cuck/10
>>
He's decent entertainment for preteens
>>
WAN Show is fine for background sound, Scrapyard Wars is fine,
Still don't know why he needs an awkward chink.
Still don't know why he needs so many people for youtube videos.
>>
>>53943584
>runs a technology channel
>90% of his employees can't even build their own computer
>>
he should make Luke the main presenter
>>
i like luke more
>>
>>53943559
You don't really need a degree for any of that, I constantly help a lot of coworkers with their "PC" problemas and we are software developers... there's really dumb people with degree out there. In fact I usually have better conversations about technology with a guy who is in the administrative area.
>>
>>53941755
think so? it seems like he knows his shit. look at his 'as fast as possible' video series. he goes pretty in depth with some cool stuff. entertaining to watch too, though he can be a bit cringey
>>
I like scrapyard wars but otherwise pretty shit desu~

t. Intel/Nvidia tips
>>
>>53942025
As if 4chan is not about trolling and having fun time trolling retards... it is forbes v.2 you get legitimate business discussions here with applications in real life.

Stop being full autistic please.
>>
>>53943559
OK qualifications mean shit I'm not justifying linus's stupidity but a piece of paper is just a piece of paper.
> computer technician
> no uni qualifications
> go on sick for a couple of months
> company gets a member of staff who studied computer science to take on my role
> couldn't even sort out a ip conflict on a network of windows xp machines
>>
>>53941588
I can't take his face or pose seriously
Otherwise, he's got nice stuff
>>
>>53941864
J U S T
>>
He went from pretty cool guy to smug shit.

Luke and that asian camera guy is still cool though.
>>
Honestly can't take a word he says seriously anymore without questioning if he's being paid to say it. Seriously the amount of shilling he has done makes it impossible for me to trust him nowadays.
>>
he speaks very well on camera.
>>
File: 1449085270235.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449085270235.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>let's set up a bunch of expensive complicated server shit that was given to us for free for some reason that we can barely put together and work in order to make fucking Youtube videos
>let's get provided a bunch of free shit from companies who we review products from, and still attempt to lie that we don't give them biased and favorable reviews
>lets make 10 minute videos and have have of it be ads
>lets talk about a bunch of useless shit that no one cares about like heating up pizza with a graphics card because we've committed ourselves to daily videos and need to keep churning them out for ad revenue to keep our barely above water company running because we have to employ 20 people to make fucking Youtube videos in our huge warehouse that we rented to make fucking Youtube videos
>>
>>53941864
>keep on niggin
>>
Luke is better
>>
File: your opinion.jpg (37 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
your opinion.jpg
37 KB, 620x349
>>53941588
>linus tech tips
>doesn't use linux
<his opinion
>>
>>53941588
i like Luke better
>>
>>53944703
WHY

The tard also put a 980 and an SSD in an oven because he fell for that retarded "waterproof iOS7"-esque "putting electronics in the oven reflows the solder and makes them work again" meme.
>>
>>53944970
But didn't that work to fix them?
>>
>>53944970
i mean it was out of warranty, old as fuck, nobody was using it.

what he had to lose?
>>
>>53944990
No.

>>53944992
Him? Nothing. Companies will keep sending him top of the line stuff for free. But end users with easy repairable stuff like maybe a blown capacitor or something will follow this tards example and bake their card, and make it actually irreparable. And these tards aren't going to go ask someone who knows something before baking it, they'll bake first, find a professional later.
>>
>>53944990
>>53945009
it fixed the video card the ssd got fucked up.
>>
>>53945024
The card mostly likely stopped working shortly after again.

I know because I may have done this before.
>>
anyone else notice how fat luke's ass and bulge are. every time he moves around on a stream that shit jiggles like crazy.
>>
>>53945024
The video card will only work for a few more months, the problem is usually the chip itself, not the solder. But yeah, he says over and over again don't do it if you still have a warranty.
>>
>>53945040
>>53945034
true enough, its a quick fix if your warranty if out and you just need the videocard for a while longer.
>>
File: shill.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1014) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1014
Go figure they are paid by Intel.
>>
File: gpl.png (155 KB, 998x381) Image search: [Google]
gpl.png
155 KB, 998x381
I don't think Linus even gives a shit about tech any more and hasn't for a long time. He keeps going so he can buy a second lambo and some new tits for his chink wife.

Such is life.
>>
as a source of information: poor
as an advertisment for intel and nvidia: good
>>
i want to believe Luke or Linus got really bored and decided to make this thread here.

>>53945037
>>
I've noticed he's started doing that annoying low budget American TV show style of playing shitty generic theme music to the current situation or mood.
>>
>>53945024
it didnt fix the video card jesus.

you dont know shit because you watch people like linus, go look into louis.
>>
I like it when he makes little videos explaining cs / hardware concepts
>>
>>53943498
Linus Media Group does editing for other stuff than the youtube videos.
>>
He seems really full of himself
>>
I like him, I watch almost every one of his videos except stupid ones like the one where he warms up pizza
>>
Seems like a class A faggot most of the time.
>>
>>53944964
>i like Luke better
cancer
>Fast As Possible
>goes pretty in depth
Pick 1
>>
>>53945509
>>53943905
>>
>>53943596
>runs a business that makes videos about tech
>two hosts who give all of the information to the audience are knowledgeable on the subject
>But their bookkeeper uses a mac FUUUUCK
There are many jobs to be done in a business.Not all of them are technician type roles.
>>
Hes annoyingly geeky
>>
>>53944703
dont watch it
>>
I'd fuck him and his qt Asian wife
>>
File: linus and the sinus.jpg (116 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
linus and the sinus.jpg
116 KB, 580x386
LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's >>>/biz/.

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to >>>/biz/.
>>
>>53946862
>Being this mad
>>
>>53946963
>not being this mad that a retarded YouTube channel whose place is in /v/ or /biz/, is being advertised on /g/ by constantly being spammed
>>
>>53946862
He makes more money, and probably uses, and owns more expensive, and advanced tech stuff than you :^)

I mean not only does he make bank, but he gets all those expensive graphic cards, computers, processors, laptops, VR glasses for free. Literally for free.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.