[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to revamp my internet browsing experience, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1459139662701.jpg (63 KB, 450x562) Image search: [Google]
1459139662701.jpg
63 KB, 450x562
I want to revamp my internet browsing experience, especially browsing anonymously (proxies??) but I have no idea where to start. I've heard of TOR, l2P, Freenet, etc. but I'm still clueless. What are some basic how-to's on browsing the internet anonymously or even on how to navigate and make sense of the deep web?

Also, if you have any internet tips or know of anything I should def have set-up on my computer, plz share. Aside from this site and a few others, I still feel I'm on the tip of iceberg when it comes to internet content... I want to see more.
>>
Same here
>>
>>53937113
Wish I could help, but I know nothing.
>>
>>53937079
>Aside from this site...I still feel like I'm on the tip of the iceberg

4chan is in the top 1k of websites. You think it's not at the tip of the iceberg? This is normie central.
>>
File: 1459489909001.png (113 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1459489909001.png
113 KB, 364x336
>>53937205
actually...
4chan is a bit like a porous border between normie central and the rest of the internet
>>
Okay tor is an obvious first step,but what I'd suggest is making a boot drive for tails. This drive is only used for accessing the web. Second check out the addons for has, noscript HTTPS everywhere etc. These all have reasons for being there and on tors website they have some nice write ups and tips. I'd recommend reading it all.
>>
>>53937205
>when it comes to internet content
he didn't say 4chan was part of the dank web of any difficult to find retard
>>
>>53937079
>I still feel I'm on the tip of iceberg when it comes to internet content... I want to see more.
What else do you expect to see? Don't buy into that "deep web secrets and amazing content" meme.

The deep web in itself isn't a thing, it's just any machine that isn't directly accessible through public routing. The wi-fi printer you got at home available to your LAN is on the "mysterious and edgy deep web".

If any content is truly amazing and unique, it becomes mainstream.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.