[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mozilla fucks it up again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: a.png (488 KB, 1349x3010) Image search: [Google]
a.png
488 KB, 1349x3010
As if they didn't have anything better to do again, Mozilla employees have completely fucked up the design of the addons repository to look more like Google's.

Another shining example of change for the sake of change, while serious bugs and performance reports keep being ignored years after years, and loved features keep being removed because "it'd be too much trouble to maintain them" (but completely changing the addons site without any reason is a completely fine waste of resources, it seems).
>>
>>53933880
don't like don't use fucktard.
bitching about it on the internet won't make anyone change their mind.
>Everyone still uses IE and Chrome
>>
Another shining example of a fuckwit on /g/ thinking companies can only put resources towards one thing at a time.

The people developing the addons site are not the people taking care of the bugs and performance reports, and them changing the addon site does not have any net effect (positive or negative) on the shit you're complaining about because that's likely an entirely different team.

And desu from the webdevs I've known, you probably wouldn't want them working on the browser anyways.

>hi leik can i add this framework to the browser
>>
This is nothing. Thea real meat will be this:

https://medium.com/project-tofino/browsers-innovators-dilemma-and-project-tofino-ef634c6164f0#.mpcgcovae

Enjoy a possible future real Mozilla Chrome clone made with react. Who knows about the decisions which Mozilla made since Australis implementation knows that this is a real declaration of war against features, choices, powerful add-ons and ricing as a whole.
>>
>>53933937
where the fuck did that come from
>>
>>53933880
Let me explain something about the software industry. You hire n designers and the managers and support staff needed to design your software.

Maybe they do a great job. Wonderful! Now what do they do? Well, they start coming up with more designs because what the fuck else are they going to do? Change for the sake of keeping your job.

It's not like programming. You hire 10 of these guys and most of the time you're going to need them indefinitely. You'll probably need even more of them. Why? Because software is hard. There are bugs. There are little bugs and big changes that need to get done all the time.

Design is more of a one and done thing, or even something that only needs updating every few years.
>>
File: Capture.png (59 KB, 1189x888) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59 KB, 1189x888
>>53933880
Dat wasted space design tho
>>
>>53933966
Mozilla has a finite budget. All dollars that went towards this were taken away from a project that mattered.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.