[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mozilla.... Thinks indeed about creating a Chromium based browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: We_Ended_Right_-_Debby_Ryan.jpg (53 KB, 386x385) Image search: [Google]
We_Ended_Right_-_Debby_Ryan.jpg
53 KB, 386x385
With the help of Electron. and React.

If you do not know, Electron is also featuring the Chromium core, so, in the end it is right that Mozilla is a Google Chrome copy addicted garbage company. Enjoy your possible future of a possible Mozilla Chromefox!

https://medium.com/project-tofino/browsers-innovators-dilemma-and-project-tofino-ef634c6164f0#.yqzsihmor
>>
More reasons why chromium is superior even Mozilla knows it
>>
>>53933449
You do know that Moz is currently working on the Servo engine, right?
>>
>>53934392
That means nothing. Mozilla as Chrome UI clone company tries always their best to be more and more like Chrome.
>>
>>53934392
Yeah, and Servo incorporates parts of the Blink engine that Chrome uses for a more Chrome like experience.
>>
>>53933449
NO MOZILLA. BAD MOZILLA. FUCKING DUMB IDEA.
>>
I'm glad they realized their product is an useless outdated POS lel
>>
You guys are aware Servo uses Chromium's embedding APIs so it can be used in the same places as Chromium right?
>>
>>53933449

This comes as a surprise to anyone?

Mozilla been heading down this path for years.
>>
>>53934671
>Servo incorporates parts of the Blink engine
Source? I can find nothing about that.

>>53934719
>You guys are aware Servo uses Chromium's embedding APIs so it can be used in the same places as Chromium right?
That seems pretty reasonable, given Chromium's success at being embedded in shit.
>>
Is this just servo and browser.html? Doesn't seem that different.
>>
>>53933449
AYY LMAO

Google Chrome confirmed monopoly
>>
After reading around a little more I finally understand what this vague article is trying to convey.

Basically Mozilla has allocated some of their engineers to run a series of experiments with interface design. These experiments aren't intended to be used as is but the ideas gathered from them will probably be used in whatever browser servo ultimately ends up in. Mozilla is using electron/blink because blink is compatible with servo and because it's far easier to embed into applications than gecko is. There isn't going to be one single browser, this project will have several different designs based around different assumptions and Mozilla is going to use the feedback from each to refine them even further.
>>
>>53934801
>Is this just servo and browser.html?
No, it seems to just be a few idiots shitposting on /g/.
>>
>>53935032
>Basically Mozilla has allocated some of their engineers to run a series of experiments with interface design.
Yeah, that's my understanding of this too.
>>
>>53933449
At least we know who's actually funding their asses now. Cant wait for the chrome monopoly and cant wait for a future where my browser no longer even tries to do what I say. Welcome to the ere of forced ads etcetera.
>>
>>53935032
And you can bet your dick that the end result will be again more like Chrome. Mozilla always picks target user groups for testing which prefer the same way they do.

That was since Australis ALWAYS the case.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.