[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plesk to cPanel (Mail)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.png (2 KB, 222x100) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 222x100
Sup /g/

I've got a new website I'm launching for a friend, however currently their website and e-mail is being managed with Plesk. The new provider I want to use uses cPanel.

Since I have an entirely new website lined up for them transferring that won't be a problem - though it does look simple.

My main concern as they run a business is the e-mails. I really cannot afford to fuck things up and have them have no e-mail for a week. Is anyone here familiar with how I would go about doing this? There really aren't (m)any videos online that cover this.

About the only things I've managed to gather are that in cPanel I should be creating new e-mail addresses for them which are the same as the old ones they're using. Then when the transfer is done they'll get all their mail to those, correct?

If that is true, then my only issue is in regard to old e-mails and how I would get those copied over so they have their full, original record of what's been sent and received.

Any advice or help appreciated!
>>
First things first, what you want to do is Reduce the TTL of the old DNS zone to something very small(hours, even minutes) a while before (a few days, depending on the current TTLs), so DNS isnt cached all over the place for ages. That will make the transition faster.
>>
>>53932460
No options in Plesk to do that it seems... fuark
>>
>>53932638
>>53932460
ok found it actually. Current TTL is 1 day. You think set it to something like 60 minutes?

Do the SOA settings matter at all?

Refresh interval - 3 hours
Retry interval - 1 hour
Expire interval - 7 days
Minimum TTL - 3 hours

Default TTL - 1 day
>>
>>53932392

>>53932460

I have the same problem but with emails from cpanel to plesk. I know I should reduce TTL but my question is:

can I just use horde webmail to export and import the old mail? Is that allI have to do or is there more anon?
>>
>>53932965
I read a similar thing somewhere, where the person said basically, use horde and it's super simple.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.