[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a job offer as what was a originally a software engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1356603523277.jpg (98 KB, 487x676) Image search: [Google]
1356603523277.jpg
98 KB, 487x676
I got a job offer as what was a originally a software engineering position but because of my hardware background they want me prototyping a new microcontroller. They're a 6 year old start up, making revenue and I'm fresh out of university so I'm very happy about that.

However I have an interview in about an hour with a huge international automotive company as a product engineer which is essentially hardware engineering.

I have the big company interview in an hour. I know nothing of automotive and I've been honest about that with the company and they still want an interview.
>>
Dully noted
>>
>>53932322

I'm not so concern about the money, I think I'm more curious about which is actually going to be a better experience. I have free reign with the start up which may not be true for the automotive.
>>
>>53932322
Just use an arduino based chip.
>>
>>53932322
>huge international automotive company
>they want me prototyping a new microcontroller
le volkswagen chip :D
>>
I would be wary of leaving the start up for automotive.
I have my last shift at the biggest caranuf. in UK tonight. Not how you think it is. Stay with the smaller firm imho.
>>
>>53932322
They aren't concerned if you don't know a lot about automotive engineering because they'll train you. They're more concerned about whether they can stand sitting in the same room as you for 2000 hours a year.
>>
File: kek.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>53932360
>>
>>53932429

What did you do at the firm?

>>53932421

You read that backwards, the start up wants me prototyping. I don't know what the automotive wants.
>>
>>53932494
I read it whateverward, fagtron, what are you gonna do
>>
>posting on the neet board about jobs
>posting on g about actual technology

shiggy
>>
>>53932322
Let be guess: DEKRA Automotiv?
>>
>>53932494
I sucked boss cock and licked customer nuts
>>
Just got back from the interview, definitely fucked up some of the electrical engineering questions but admitted to it instead of guessing. Nailed the programming stuff.

I then cut the bs and said I have another offer so I want to know if we're going to move forward, he said yes, round two interview next week.

I secretly was hoping he would say no so I wouldn't have to decide.
>>
>>53934402
automotive job will stifle your creativity.
they pay a steady wage to own your abilities.
smller firms tend to want free thinkers.
>>
>>53932322
How are the hardware salaries compared to software salaries?
>>
>>53934175
now I wanna be a customer
>>
>>53934402
If your goal is to fail then make ridiculous demands and see how far you can push it.

Best case: you got a boring job with some sweet conditions.

Worst case: You don't have to decide.

win-win.
>>
>>53934637

Entry level I'm being offered ~60k for both. With the startup I talked to the CEO and he said if I give time I can be making over 100k if I play my cards right.
>>
>>53935322
>60k
Is that considered a lot? I have friends in software that get six figure salaries straight out of college. Not sure if they're the exception or the norm though.
>>
>>53935658

In my area yeah, I've seen programmers get about 34k for entry level stuff. The pay increases a lot per year as well.

I'm not worried about money, I have no doubt and limited expenses.
>>
>>53936000
Where you live, sempai?
>>
>>53936273

east coast canada
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.