[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, looking to get a good second monitor and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: MaxPNG (2).png (465 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MaxPNG (2).png
465 KB, 1200x1200
hey guys, looking to get a good second monitor and was wondering what you would recommend. I'd mostly use it to play games, uni work and a second screen to watch shit on, got around 800 to spend and dont really mind the size.
thanks
>>
same as your first monitor
>>
>>53931007
> got around 800 to spend

Either 4k IPS or a freesync 240Hz monitor. Both much be at least 27".
>>
>>53931025
first is a 48inch smart tv, so i dont really want another one of them.

>>53931034
>freesync 240Hz monitor, 27'
this sounds perfect, can you recommend any good ones?
>>
800 what? Potatoes?
>>
>>53931118
$800AUS
>>
>>53931065
you won't find any monitors that offer 240hz for freesync. freesync can do 240hz but no monitors can go that high atm. At most it's 144hz monitors.
>>
>>53931128
>Go to check Australian Amazon
>It only sells books
What the fuck. What do you guys use for electronics?
>>
>>53931007
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MG279Q-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=zg_bsnr_1292115011_5?tag=amazon0606-20
I was looking at getting this one
>>
>>53931007
Not your personal consumer review site, but good and A$800 are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>53931208
There are literally no big retailers for computer parts in Aus, you either buy pre-built shit amongst an awful selection of overpriced garbage at a general retail store, or you buy from a company that exists entirely online. Oh, and even after current exchange rates (which are shit), we're charged at least 30% more for everything, and this rule isn't limited just to electronics.
>>
>>53931128
So like 50 $ US? Lol
>>
>>53931300
How horrifying.
What about flights to the US? Could you not fly to the US, buy a monitor and cram it into your suitcase for less?
>>
>>53931330
the most price-effective solution is to buy from an american site, have it sent to a courier and then send it to Aus. However, the delivery times are awful, the courier costs eat up the savings of buying internationally, and you're pretty much fucked if it's faulty or arrives damaged.
>>
If you're going to spend big bucks on a monitor, just get a Dell Ultrasharp. They go on sale for 30% off on Dell's site periodically.
>>
>>53931625
is there any point in getting a monitor with 144hz?If not i might aswell just get a dell
>>
>>53931007
Use your first monitor [spoiler]get a MUCH larger main monitor[/spoiler]

It's also handy to have a wide monitor and a tall monitor. Get a rotating monitor.
>>
>>53932095
144hz only if you're playing vidya AND your game run well over 60fps (ideally over 144fps).
>>
>>53932095
Not really unless you play games and can drive whatever you want to play at that framerate.
>>
>>53932137
ultra high frequency monitors ONLY matter if you are playing at 400APM twitch shooting quake 3 tournament stuff.

They mean nothing to mortal gamers.
>>
>>53932158
In regards to player performance sure, and if you're that invested you should probably be playing on a CRT rather than any LCD.
But a smoother image is still nice no matter what your skill level.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.