[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Encoding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: robertmorrow2.png (478 KB, 586x633) Image search: [Google]
robertmorrow2.png
478 KB, 586x633
/g/entoomen, I need your help
I want to copy the audio, subtitles and video to another from .mkv to .mp4 while deleting the original files. the proccess should be something like this:
>Copy from 1.mkv
>Create 1.mp4
>Delete 1.mkv
>Copy from 2.mkv
>Create 2.mp4
>Delete 2.mkv
and so on...

How can I manage to do it?
Yes, I made sure the content from the mkv files is compatible with the mp4 container.
>>
Do you mean convert the files?
>>
>>53927005
exactly
dont know why the word didnt came to mind
however I dont want to reencode it, just copy the h.264 encoded content with audio to another container
>>
>>53927031
Google around for conversion software.
>>
>>53927031
Well the ffmpeg command will be ffmpeg -i 1.mkv -c:a copy -c:v copy -c:s copy 1.mp4

Do the filenames have any special characters, or are they literally 1 2 3 4? You could do ls -l | while read foo; do ffmpeg -i "$foo" "$foo".mp4; done or something idk
>>
File: robertmorrow6.png (705 KB, 667x791) Image search: [Google]
robertmorrow6.png
705 KB, 667x791
>>53927092
1, 2, 3 are just example names. The files's names are different from each other and are not in a numerical pattern
>>
>>53927203
doesn't matter for that little loop I don't think, but if there are any escape characters you could conceivably end up with problems. But that's the basic priciple; read out the files in the directories as a list, and parse each entry as a variable, and insert that variable as the input name and the output name with mp4 appended. That's how I'd do it anyway. Or you could maybe do it like for i in *.mkv etc etc.
>>
>>53927277
Thank you my friend
>>
Use Handbrake video converter
>>
>>53928548
it's shit
>>
>>53926973
>doesn't know bash
>doesn't know ffmpeg
>on /g/
what the fuck is this shithole turning into?
>>
>>53931078
He's trying to learn, dipshit. Go back to your basement general.
>>
Combine the power of bash and ffmpeg.
Bash is tricky to learn but if you copypaste examples you can get some use- like copying generic loops and just pasting in your own commands.
>>
>>53926973
FormatFactory
It even runs in WINE.
>>
use staxrip
>>
for f in *.mkv; do ffmpeg -i "${f}" -c:a copy -c:v -c:s copy "${f%.*}.mp4"; done

Learn bash. It really is useful.
>>
>>53930472
Tell me a better GUI for FFMpeg
>>
>>53931124
hes asking to be spoon-fed, senpai. there's a difference.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.