[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5 BpUXooGQ richard stallm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5BpUXooGQ

richard stallman is literally an ugly neckbeard permavirgin basement dwelling tard

"innovation is not one of my values" what the fucking fuck you would not have computers or literally anything without innovation....the world is not about to stop progressing because you are a hippy bitch richard stallman the world is going to keep innovating and keep moving forward WITH MONEY AS A BIG MOTIVATION

"so richard stallman why don't you convince big companies to use free software" "bcuz my time is better suited doing other things they won't listen to me they just don't understand me"
>no richard stallman who the fuck wants to work for free when they could work for money no one gives a single fuck about your shit free software

>proprietary software is all bad
the more money you give someone the more motivated they are to do a good job...this pushes the world forward..

>teh surveillance
honestly i dont think stallman even knows that much about how these companies are using this information....if anybody had access to stallman's or just about anyone's browsing history i think they would give a total of 0 fucks

why does anyone pay any attention to this guy he seems like the most annoying hippy loser in the world

"free as in freedom" has got to be the most annoying phrase ever
>>
>>53926836
>"so richard stallman why don't you convince big companies to use free software"
Because it's never going to be in their best interest to do so? The whole point of free software is to put control back in the hands of the end user, which is exactly the opposite of what big companies want.

>the more money you give someone the more motivated they are to do a good job...this pushes the world forward..
That statement doesn't actually address any of the major criticisms of proprietary software.
>>
ok i just read his wikipedia page hes so much smarter than me i take it all back but still....he could use a haircut and maybe tone his personality down a little
>>
>>53926836
for being a basement dweller he's doing a good job having nerds at schools pay for him to fly around the world and see tons of new places
>>
>>53926836
I work for Zynga, we give many fucks about your browser history. I get paid to care about what you think and exploit every penny from you. I do good work
>>
>>53926836
*sighs loudly*
>>
>>53927181
Why? He doesn't care about social norms or expectations.

I disagree with a lot of his beliefs, but I do respect him for being so dedicated to them.
>>
>>53926836
It’s tragic to think that man’s great destiny is to become an economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other. That’s the path we’re on now, thanks for confirming that.
>>
Would the world be happier without Richard Stallman?
>>
I literally saw stallman in a dream a couple nights ago. He popped out a mario tube, said "install gentoo" and disappeared. I need to stop coming here.
>>
>>53928920
Wow. So did I. But my dream was more complicated and involved hanging out with him.
>>
>>53928920
>>53929553
I want to dream about Stallman. Please teach me your ways.
>>
>>53926836
>“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software” to show we do not mean it is gratis.
>>
>>53928920
lel what the fuck
>>
>>53926836
You might understand someday.
>>
>>53930706
Do you know about lucid dreaming?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.