[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will they run shit for real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: watson_on_jeopardy.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
watson_on_jeopardy.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
>It's all fun an games until there's no human left on this planet by 2055.
>>
>>53925527
Don't be so paranoid anon, they're already running shit. Take a good look around you and come on back to sweet /g/.
>>
>>53925527
>implying humans could stop them now if they tried
>>
>>53925527
>when will computers run the world
they already do
>when will sentient computers run the world
never
>>
>>53925574

How are we going to do that? They do 80% of all of our work for us, that's why everyone got their faces glued to their Apple laptops and iPhones.
>>
But will computers be able to generate their own meems?
>>
qt3.14 anti-virus waifus when?
>>
>>53925657
What show is this
>>
The risk of AI becoming sentient and deciding to take over the world is about as low now as it was when the first factories were being built.

Far better to worry about what will happen when most the "white collar" jobs vanish in the same way farm and then factory work was consumed by ever improving automation. That is something that will almost certainly happen, and without careful handling could destroy economies.
Well, it would be economically wonderful as the business owners would make massive profits after replacing most their workforce with a few GPUs. But societally it would be extremely dangerous as huge numbers of jobs are lost and the inequality gap becomes ever wider.
>>
>>53925631
So far modern scripting can only copy paste shit from /a/ and put a trump hat on it. This is based on the current paradigm where reddit only knows about a b v and pol.
>>
>>53925626
>that's why everyone got their faces glued to their Apple laptops and iPhones
lol fuck consumer electronics
the backbone of the world economy and most military contingencies are run nearly autonomously
>>
>>53925669
>[GJM] Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai (BD 1080p) [B48A4125]
>>
File: 1457614531153.jpg (232 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
1457614531153.jpg
232 KB, 822x462
Let's get this straight, we aren't developing sentience in AIs. No one is developing free-thinking, emotion filled robots. All what we're doing is developing forms of machine learning by throwing a bunch of data to the program and trying to come up with accurate classifications. It's essentially getting the machine learning algorithm to do complex tasks that humans can only do using sophisticated brute forcing.

Sure you'll see a lot of lost jobs, but they aren't certainly going to take over and enslave us like many would believe.
>>
>>53925839
well /thread I guess
>>
>>53925839
>No one is developing free-thinking, emotion filled robots
But that's one of my goals in life and i'm a student at Uni right now. Even if I fail others will try too. If it's possible it'll happen.
>>
>>53925690
There are a lot of different jobs you know.
>>
>>53925839
because people were designed to be sentient right?
>>
>>53925690
I think this is a good thing honestly, it rewards innovative thinking

>>53926241
No there isnt, in Australia for example theres less jobs than people, i imagine its thw same in america, africa, india and maybe china. Though the last two i should say regulated jobs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.