[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consenses on the Surface Pro 4? Worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: surface_pro_4_01.jpg (435 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
surface_pro_4_01.jpg
435 KB, 1024x576
What's the consenses on the Surface Pro 4?

Worth it?
>>
No, get a laptop instead, the hybrid is cool but not very useful
>>
No, unless you really, really like onenote.
>>
>>53924121
I tried the Pro 3 and hated the keyboard and trackpad. Apparently the Pro 4 is improved but who knows.
>>
If you have a notebook already, get an iPad

If you dont have a notebook, get one. For this price you will find something much better compared to suface gimmick
>>
>>53924121
German computer science student here
getting a Surface Pro 4 was the best thing I could do for studying
Onenote seems bit complicated at first, but it totally got me to the point to study without paper anymore
>>
File: ipadproiphone6sevent-01167.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1234) Image search: [Google]
ipadproiphone6sevent-01167.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1234
Get a iPad Pro its way better more supported apps

#superComputer
>>
>>53924809
Thanks for the info pajull shareef
>>
>>53924809
>more supported apps
oh j e s u s
>>
I use Emacs on my SP3 with a Bluetooth keyboard that is as wide as the computer. It is awesome, except for when Emacs wants you to use middle-click.
>>
>>53924121
>What's the consenses on the Surface Pro 4?
>Worth it?
It's great. The new keyboard and pen are excellent
>>
x201t
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>paying 1k + for cheap chink plastic build at least apple has a proper build

> Using desktop apps with touch interface
>>
File: 71Jrn8NGaFL._SL1000_.jpg (132 KB, 1000x973) Image search: [Google]
71Jrn8NGaFL._SL1000_.jpg
132 KB, 1000x973
>>53925410
Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
>>53924121
>Microsoft
>Ever

JUST
>>
>>53924121
VAIO Canvas Z is much better
>>
>>53925545
It is right on the spot with a 13" Mbp, but I really need the device. Maybe halfway I'll find a reason to get the MBP and a Yiynova 22u v3 combo. I dunno.
>>
what's a good tablet to watch my chink cartoons on bed with plex
>>
>>53926292
Go check /r/surface filled with bugs
>>
>>53926381
IPad pro with true tone display
>>
it is great when it works
>>
>>53924121
Best hybrid ever. Don't listen to these poorfags.
>>
>>53924121
>Had surface pro 1st gen
>riddled with bugs
>keyboard and trackpad are garbage
>lack of ports
>battery dies in sleep mode
>battery is terrible in general

Desktop +tablet
or
Desktop+laptop+tablet master race, all in one devices are really bad for productivity, if it goes down, your work goes down.
>>
the only tablet worth a shit is the ipad pro

surface and vaio have nice hardware but there's this sack of shit that gets installed on it called windows and well
>>
>>53929903
I know you're probably baiting, but the iPad Pro is a great tablet, better than surface at being a tablet by far, though most tablets are.
>>
File: 01.jpg (333 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
333 KB, 900x600
What does /g/ think about the ThinkPad X1 Tablet?
>>
>>53924809
>more supported apps
sure
like phone games
>>
>>53930899
lol
>>
>>53930875
Get t420 and install gentoo
>>
>>53930875
I like the keyboard alot similar to that of the x230
>>
Surface pro3 with a pro4 keyboard user here.

I really like the surface, use it as my portable computer for productivity stuff. Runs CAD stuff just fine, too. I don't have any complaints, there were some wifi issues back on 8.1 but I've had no problems on 10. It's powerful enough to run dolphin so you can use it to play zelda on the go to unwind.

Also, the display colours are very pretty, perfect 10 bit anime viewers.

inb4 shill, honestly the biggest flaw with the surface is windows, I'd much rather run a ganoo distro like on every other machine, but good luck getting the esoteric touch and pen to work well...

Instantgo power management stuff on windows is pretty good and they really need an equivalent in the linux kernel for hybrids and ultaportables to be usable.
>>
>>53924121
>>53930919
this
>>
The baterry keeps discharging by itself and the fucking touchpad stops working in random intervals.

IT'S SHIT, buyers remorse.
>>
>>53924809
If you just want a big iPad, sure. But the iPad pro is ARM and the Surface Pro is x86. They're used for different things and are really not competitors.

The iPad pro is an iPhone in a tablet form factor. The Surface pro is a windows ultrabook in tablet form factor. They're not comparable.
>>
>>53924546
I bought the pro 4 keyboard for my pro 3, it's amazingly good compared to the pro 3 keyboard, also with the fingerprint scanner thingy I don't even have to have people look at me typing my password, which was basically my biggest problem with the original keyaboard
>>
>>53931080
honestly curious, is there any good linux interface for touchscreen?

it seems like the last thing linux devs would ever do because of their obsession with CLI
>>
>>53931265
GNOME 3 is about all there is
>>
>>53924809
>more supported apps
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

God you apple tards are stupid.
There is literally no use for the ipad pro. It is a shitty product.
>>
>>53931111
quads of truth anon, doit
>>
>>53930875
Is that a think-surface?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.